Haas def Ljubicic 6-2 7-6(7) 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Haas def Ljubicic 6-2 7-6(7) 6-4

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I give Haas no credit for this win.
Ljubicic tanked, so Ancic would'nt have a chance to disappoint everyone in the 5th rubber...now thats taking one for the team. :worship:

:)

Vamos USA and Andy Roddick :)

marcelwks
02-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Haas was playing superb in both matches .

Bilbo
02-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Easy win for Tommy as expected. Check the poll if you don't believe I said it will be an easy win.

Haas never faced a breakpoint on his serve.

Next opponent is Belgium or Australia. Should be no problem for Germany whoever they play next.

Towel, anyone?

jole
02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Way to go Germany! :D

Fergie
Ivan :ras:

El Legenda

no, see ancic tanked too...just so ivan didnt have chance to win the tie in the 4th rubber :D

adee-gee
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Brilliant display from Ljubicic :worship:

That's 6 sets he's played without even getting a break point :lol: :retard:

Black Adam
02-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Yep. Ljubo needs to learn how to return. he sucks :lol:

SwiSha
lmao @ tanking hahaha

Haas was superior in every aspect of the game

Gut gemacht Tommy

Deathless Mortal
Ivan didn't win more than one point per game on Haas's serve, was missing clear balls... Main umpire changed line umpire's call for out to a good ball, and we later could see it was out! It was in tb, it would be 3-1* for Ivan, and he could win set... And Haas was playing great whole time, and do what he had to do, what was enough for win.
Germany wins, leads 3-1, next is dead rubber.
:sad:

Congrats Germany!

Björki
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Haasi :woohoo: :worship:

jeahhh!
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Tommy:rocker2:

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 01:31 PM
good job ljubo, way to save some energy. He already has his DC trophy and now its on to Marseille

El Legenda
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Brilliant display from Ljubicic :worship:

That's 6 sets he's played without even getting a break point :lol: :retard:

he broke Becker 6 times on 17 chances....doubles doesnt count...as Ancic single handly lost the match :lol: i heard he was the only one who got broken in the match

gusman890
Go Germany.

How many years has it been since they made the QF?

Good job Haas, lets ride the momentum into more tournament wins :)

TheBoiledEgg
haas just kicked the shit out of him :banana:

receiving pts won 10/77 :rolls: :haha:
never been such an ass-kicking :rolls:

Snowwy
02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, I was hoping Croatia would lose just so we wouldnt have to hear Jerrry but he stilll manages to have about 3 or 4 dumb posts in this thread and its only about 10 minutes old.

Why would he even play if he were just gonna tank. And since youre so sure he did that makes him worse than Nadal, Karlovic and even Federer becasue at least they didnt play because they knew they wouldnt be giving it their all.

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Why would he even play if he were just gonna tank. And since youre so sure he did that makes him worse than Nadal, Karlovic and even Federer becasue at least they didnt play because they knew they wouldnt be giving it their all.

:speakles: what?!?!

Horatio Caine
02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
:haha: :haha: Ivan...brilliant returning display :yeah:

Say hi to Henman from me when you come to his level :wavey: :aplot:

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Wow, I was hoping Croatia would lose just so we wouldnt have to hear Jerrry but he stilll manages to have about 3 or 4 dumb posts in this thread and its only about 10 minutes old.

They just arent as smart as Ljubo. He collects that federation check and goes out on court for a little practice before Marseille. What a genius this guy is.

El Legenda
:haha: :haha: Ivan...brilliant returning display :yeah:

Say hi to Henman from me when you come to his level :wavey: :aplot:

:lol: it will take a long time to go down to Henmans level...2011?

Eden
How many years has it been since they made the QF?

6 years.

In 1995 they were in the SF the last time, in 1993 they won the Cup the last time.

Great performance from Tommy today :yeah:
Congratulations to the German team :)

Horatio Caine
OMG I hope it is GBR v CRO in WG qualies in September...I would pay good money to see the entire show :drool: :inlove:

...and hopefully Ivan will be there to get a spanking by Muzza :D

Snowwy
02-11-2007, 01:42 PM
They just arent as smart as Ljubo. He collects that federation check and goes out on court for a little practice before Marseille. What a genius this guy is.

Or maybe he is just struggling, umm kinda like Nadal is right now? Or is Ivan better than Nadal and just tanking matches so that he does have a high seed?

RickDaStick
OMG I hope it is GBR v CRO in WG qualies in September...I would pay good money to see the entire show :drool: :inlove:

...and hopefully Ivan will be there to get a spanking by Muzza :D

Im pretty sure Ivan said this was his last DC tie.

Horatio Caine
:lol: it will take a long time to go down to Henmans level...2011?

:ras: The day will come Jerry...and I hope I'm there to witness it in person :devil: :lol:

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Or maybe he is just struggling, umm kinda like Nadal is right now? Or is Ivan better than Nadal and just tanking matches so that he does have a high seed?

do you still think i was serious about the tanking? :speakles:

RickDaStick

You got it!!

El Legenda
:ras: The day will come Jerry...and I hope I'm there to witness it in person :devil: :lol:

you might, if you get tickets for London 2012 :)

Horatio Caine
Im pretty sure Ivan said this was his last DC tie.

Really? :sad:

There is a real possibility that CRO could be relegated if they get a bad draw...surely he'd want to ensure they have WG action for at least another year?

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Really? :sad:

There is a real possibility that CRO could be relegated if they get a bad draw...surely he'd want to ensure they have WG action for at least another year?

Well i dont think he is too worried about that. He got his DC trophy and just wants to concentrate on the tour.

Horatio Caine
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
you might, if you get tickets for London 2012 :)

You know as well as I do that Henman will have his pipe and slippers by then :ras:

He'll have the last laugh...don't you worry ;)

Yappa
02-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I admit that I am happy not having to read some mean comments about Germany from certain Croatia fans if Croatia had won. ;)

Germany proved many experts wrong. Way to go, folks and the Semi final isn't impossible. :)

TommyB.
Tommy :rocker2:

El Legenda
I admit that I am happy not having to read some mean comments about Germany from certain Croatia fans if Croatia had won. ;)

Germany proved many experts wrong. Way to go, folks and the Semi final isn't impossible. :)

Vamos Germany!

Xristos
Yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicole_s
02-11-2007, 01:50 PM
ivan looked in this tie like he doesn`t want to win,karlovic is a bitch and mario was sick... we counted on win in doubles, but we lost.everything went wrong :sad:

fabolous
02-11-2007, 01:54 PM
finally a success in davis cup again, sweet victory for us :worship:

well done, tommy!

Jogy
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
:banana: :banana:

Tommy took Ivan like a cow to to the slaughter!
He gave a flogging to him with hard punishing strokes to both sides. Give him a forehand rally on his pathetic forehand, then a longline into his backhand and then kill the easy volley. Never was so easy. Exposed Ivan in his entire how to destruct his "great" indoor game.

Ivan NOT seen a break point whole match. Croatia NEVER seen a break point in the last two matches. That is incredible, I never seen something that strong of Germany in Davis Cup.
Very strong to beat Ljubicic and their doubles who never lost before in Davis Cup.

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 01:56 PM
:banana: :banana:

Tommy took Ivan like a cow to to the slaughter!
He gave a flogging to him with hard punishing strokes on both sides. Give him a forehand rally on his pathetic forehand, then a longline into his backhand and then kill the easy volley. Never was so easy. Exposed Ivan in his entire how to destruct his indoor game.

Ivan NOT seen a break point whole match. Croatia NEVER seen a break point in the last two matches. That is incredible, I never seen something that strong of Germany in Davis Cup.
Very strong to beat Ljubicic and their doubles who never lost before in Davis Cup.

vamos Jogy...my fav. MTF poster.
glad to see something good happen to you for once :yeah:

Ays25
02-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Way to go Tommy
If only he was not a headcase..

TMJordan
02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
:)

Jogy
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
vamos Jogy...my fav. MTF poster.
glad to see something good happen to you for once :yeah:
yes I am very happy to seen that match :devil:
don't be sad, look back to year when Ivan had success in Davis Cup :hug:

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 02:03 PM

LOL who is this guy? what happen to the real Jogy?

Apemant
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Hmm a rather pathetic display by Ljubo...

JMG
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Germans have no chance to beat us!! C'MON CROATIA!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :cuckoo:

yes only a number that ranks how good a player is, and this proves that Croats are much much better than the shitty Germans.

:eek: :confused: :cuckoo: :silly:

We will win for sure! yeah,haas is fit, but ljubičić always plays his best matches in davis cup and ančić is becoming better from year to year.

:cuckoo:

:rolls: haas beating Ljubicic? :lol:

:cuckoo: http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1812/spankiy2.gif

TMJordan
02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Vamos JMG:rocker2:

Bilbo
two of these quotes came from jerry who switched to the us flag :haha:

Deathless Mortal
Oops :tape:

Deathless Mortal
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
JMG, wait, i can't find your post, but i believe you said Croatia will win 4-1 ;)

RickDaStick
JMG:For me Ljubicic is favourite against Haas though.

El Legenda

:yeah:

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 02:14 PM
two of these quotes came from jerry who switched to the us flag :haha:

:lol: i had the USA flag better DC start...the Croatian flag was just for DC :wavey:

NicoFan
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
CONGRATS TO TOMMY AND GERMANY!

:yeah:

:bounce:

:wooohoo:

Deathless Mortal
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
No, I think Croatia will win 1-3.

Ok, it was 3-1 ;)

Yappa
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Hehe, JMG. Initially I was also thinking of posting a few quotes, but I thought that the victory was enough satisfaction for me. :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Congrats Germany and Tommy! :)
I hope Ivan will play better in ATP tourneys! :mad:

Jogy
02-11-2007, 02:27 PM
To be honestly, I also would have not thought that Germany is winning it because Germany is not often playing like that in Davis Cup and Croatia was so strong last time in Davis Cups matches. I live in Germany and like Haas and hoped for German team much, but would not have be sure about that outcome. Surprise for me

Langers
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
:haha: Well done Tommy! Defeated arguably the biggest tool on tour!

Ivan. :wavey:

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Looks like Ljubo is done with the DC

“Even in this tie I felt I had no energy any more,” he said when asked whether he might return to Davis Cup after a break, “so I have to stop now, it’s taken so much energy out of me in past years, I’ve had a long Davis Cup career, but it would be nice to miss it and be able to come back, so you should never say never.”

Jadranka
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh dear Ljubo ...
Congrats to Tommy :worship:

Ajmoo Cilic :D !

Neely
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Incredible performance of Germany this weekend :worship: :banana:
Probably the best one since 10 years. I can't remember for a long time that a high-ranked opponent with players like Ancic or Ljubicic was beaten that convincingly. They did not face a break point for the last six sets they played :eek:

Of course I thought that Croatia would be stronger because Ljubicic did by far play not as well as he normally does. Then again, Haas and the doubles really played well which you have to factor in judging this performance. But I would have not predicted this!

What a week for German sports overall that comes to an end now... Handball World Cup, lots of gold medals and wins in winter sports and now even Davis Cup success :aparty:

Langers
02-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Looks like Ljubo is done with the DC

“Even in this tie I felt I had no energy any more,” he said when asked whether he might return to Davis Cup after a break, “so I have to stop now, it’s taken so much energy out of me in past years, I’ve had a long Davis Cup career, but it would be nice to miss it and be able to come back, so you should never say never.”
Ljubo- :crying2:

I actually hope he continues to play, because I just can't get enough of him losing!

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Ljubo- :crying2:

I actually hope he continues to play, because I just can't get enough of him losing!
:haha:

When has this guy ever won an important match. Good ridance to him in Davis Cup, the tournament will be better off without him.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 06:17 PM

When has this guy ever won an important match. Good ridance to him in Davis Cup, the tournament will be better off without him.

This comment would make sense if Ljubicic didnt win the Davis Cup single handedly 2 years ago.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
This comment would make sense if Ljubicic didnt win the Davis Cup single handedly 2 years ago.
:haha: I remember Ancic who won the match that mattered after Ljubicic choked his in the final.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
:haha: I remember Ancic who won the match that mattered after Ljubicic choked his in the final.

Ljubo couldnt even walk that day because he was injured but still pushed Hrbaty to 5 sets but you wouldnt know anything about your favorites playing hurt.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Ljubo couldnt even walk that day because he was injured but still pushed Hrbaty to 5 sets but you wouldnt know anything about your favorites playing hurt.
Easy to pull out excuses, no doubt he would have lost anyway. He is a choker, and not a very good one though.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Easy to pull out excuses, no doubt he would have lost anyway. He is a choker, and not a very good one though.

Sorry but that is a fact. He didnt lose a single match that year in DC and if he can take hrbaty to 5 sets while barely being able to move then i doubt he would of lost being 100%.

canbera
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
I give Haas no credit for this win.
Ljubicic tanked, so Ancic would'nt have a chance to disappoint everyone in the 5th rubber...now thats taking one for the team. :worship:

:lol: hah, good one!

you know what's funny, is that many of you guys predicted an easy win for Croatia, and now that they have lost, all you do is search for excuses.

I mean, maybe Ancic was sick and Ljubicic didn't play at his best, but does this take anything away from the Germans? I say NO.

The so called "best doubles team in davis cup" lost because they didn't play with each other at all! and then you call it "team spirit" that Ljubicic loses his singles match? I hope that is a bad joke!

“He lost his serve all the time,” said Kohlmann, “but I think we made the points and broke his serve because Ivan wasn’t helping him a lot. We were hitting the second shot always to Ivan, and I think that was the key.

Besides, both Ancic and Ljubicic are going to play Marseille.
or are you really going to tell me that Ljubicic only tanked to do well in the important tournament of marseille :rolleyes:

JMG
02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, it was 3-1 ;)

It wasn't about wrong predictions, just the arrogant ones.

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM

yeah because he was suppose to go 13-0 how can he drop a single match.
if he didnt beat roddick in first round in 5th rubber, Ancic would have never had chance to play vs easy player in the final match :kiss:
17-3 last 20 DC matches with a 1 championship

Klaas_nalbandian
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Well done Tommy

JMG
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
JMG:For me Ljubicic is favourite against Haas though.

That wasn't even a clear prediction. I thought Haas would win.

Ogo-a-gogo
02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Haas has been playing quite well, but Ljubicic has not been up to par lately. It seems as though the win today was a combination of both factors.

BORO77
02-11-2007, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry!;4851120]I give Haas no credit for this win.

How can you write something stupid like that??
Haas is in superb form and Ljubicic is playing bad for months.
For me Tommy is the best after Fedex.
Croatia lost the tie on saturday when they lost the doubles, also because of Ljubicic.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry!;4851120]I give Haas no credit for this win.

How can you write something stupid like that??
Haas is in superb form and Ljubicic is playing bad for months.
For me Tommy is the best after Fedex.
Croatia lost the tie on saturday when they lost the doubles, also because of Ljubicic.

I think the question here is how could you possibly think he was being serious?

Mistaflava
02-11-2007, 07:40 PM

How is this clown still in the TOP 10? I can come in here once a week and always see a thread about him losing.

Minotaur
02-11-2007, 09:15 PM

You must have remembered as well that Hrbaty played incredible match...

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=BORO77;4854656]

I think the question here is how could you possibly think he was being serious?

:lol: i know

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 09:24 PM

How is this clown still in the TOP 10? I can come in here once a week and always see a thread about him losing.

pretty much every week all the players but 3 lose. and all lose but 1 during GS and TMS

:wavey:

Chris Seahorse
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
It is very easy to criticise Ljubicic because of his poor (to be honest, very poor) record in Grand Slams but equally one must not forget the guy has been an outstanding Davis Cup player. Probably the single best Davis Cup competitor of this decade. I really don't think he gets enough credit for that. And his interview after the match against Haas was class too.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
It is very easy to criticise Ljubicic because of his poor (to be honest, very poor) record in Grand Slams but equally one must not forget the guy has been an outstanding Davis Cup player. Probably the single best Davis Cup competitor of this decade. I really don't think he gets enough credit for that. And his interview after the match against Haas was class too.

Well people who dislike who chose to ignore that. Ivan has been classy in defeat 99% of the time but people chose to judge him on the few times where he has said the wrong things after a match.

ufokart
02-11-2007, 11:20 PM
:haha: :haha:

Well done Haas :yeah:

Now seriously, maybe i don't like Ljubo too much, but i really expected him to do a little better here.

yakuzaninja
02-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Better player won. Simple as. Ivan was outclassed. No one can make any excuses for him.

Dimitra
02-12-2007, 12:26 AM
:haha: the atp site says he lost against Phillipe Haas of France :lol:

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity.asp?player=L360 :worship:

Denise
02-12-2007, 12:40 AM
TOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :woohoo::banana:

Jlee
02-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Didn't see the match, but congrats to Tommy! :) :yeah:

Croatia out already...

Langers
02-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Ease up mate, lets not go overboard now! :lol:

Ljubicic and best don't belong in the same sentence.

mashamaniac
02-12-2007, 02:38 AM
tommy "the hero" haas did beat ivan "the ex-hero" ljubicic in straghit sets!no?

Osama B Hitler
02-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Congrats to Tommy. TH is a wonderful player - superb all-around game. As long as he stays healthy he'll be right in the thick of things this season.

As for Ljubo - glad to see he took it on the chin from Tommy. The guy is the biggest ogre in the game.

jazar
02-12-2007, 07:44 AM
congrats tommy. you got the easy win most people here predicted

Apemant
02-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Better player won. Simple as. Ivan was outclassed. No one can make any excuses for him.

I swear, anytime I see the word 'excuse', I'm going to reply to it.

So, can you tell me what do you mean by 'excuse'? It was obvious to everyone but blind people that Ljubo played like crap. Is that an 'excuse', eh, Einstein?

Just check the statistics... Ljubo sprayed UEs all over the place. Haas had winners/UEs ratio of about fifty-fifty. Now I'm sorry if I sound like a naysayer, but those statistics clearly aren't something to write home about. For instance, in AO SF Haas had almost the same number of both winners and UEs. Need I remind you what happened there?

So, I'm sorry Germans, but if you get too carried away with this victory, you are up for a nasty dissappointment later into the year. Croats just didn't play anywhere near their best; I don't know about you, but I very much prefer to beat someone who plays good, than to beat someone who plays like crap - but that's maybe just me. Some people only want to win, no matter how. To each their own. :devil:

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I swear, anytime I see the word 'excuse', I'm going to reply to it.

So, can you tell me what do you mean by 'excuse'? It was obvious to everyone but blind people that Ljubo played like crap. Is that an 'excuse', eh, Einstein?

He played his usual level, which is crap, so yeah you're right.

Corswandt
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM

I only watched this one, but I don't think Haas made a single UE in the first 5 or 6 games of the first set. Very steady - and he managed to return Ljubicic's 1st serve much more often than I expected.

Ljubicic found it difficult to keep himself in the rallies with Haas throughout the whole match.

ljubicic_
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM

with that crap level he did won Doha and reached Zagreb final that does say something about the other players so you are basicly saying that everyone is crap.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 02:26 PM
with that crap level he did won Doha and reached Zagreb final that does say something about the other players so you are basicly saying that everyone is crap.
Well what I mean is over inflated ranking (so crap for his ranking position yep!:) )

LK_22
02-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Well done Haas :yeah:

SwissMister1
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
great playing by tommy this weekend, now they just have to find him a second player for the next tie...becker certainly won't be playing on clay

Apemant
02-12-2007, 04:33 PM

As usual, you amaze me with great insights about tennis. That crappy level was enough to win 60 matches last year. What you don't understand is that by downplaying Ljubo you do the same to all those who lost to him. Even more, by downplaying Ljubo you deny those who beat him any real reason to be proud. Why should Haas be proud that he beat a crappy player? Why should Baggy be proud of it?

Think about it, my dear Andre's #1 fan. (Oh yes, and I guess Agassi should shoot himself for losing to that crappy player in straights, on his home soil and his favourite surface?)

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 04:45 PM
As usual, you amaze me with great insights about tennis. That crappy level was enough to win 60 matches last year. What you don't understand is that by downplaying Ljubo you do the same to all those who lost to him. Even more, by downplaying Ljubo you deny those who beat him any real reason to be proud. Why should Haas be proud that he beat a crappy player? Why should Baggy be proud of it?

Think about it, my dear Andre's #1 fan. (Oh yes, and I guess Agassi should shoot himself for losing to that crappy player in straights, on his home soil and his favourite surface?)
Look Ljubicic is a one or 2 season wonder, and in that time he hasn't won anything big at all.

:lol: So Fedtards when they diss Rafa, are actually secretly downplaying Fed. good one.

Apemant
02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Look Ljubicic is a one or 2 season wonder, and in that time he hasn't won anything big at all.

Ahh. Anything big. Yes, sure. Getting to #3 in the world and winning DC almost single-handedly is nothing big for your standards.
I really wonder if you judge yourself by the same standards as well.

:lol: So Fedtards when they diss Rafa, are actually secretly downplaying Fed. good one.

Of course they do. Not 'secretly' but 'unknowingly'. The same way as you do.

Fedtards who downplay Rafa simply help all those arguments that the field is weaker than ever - which makes Federer look less awesome than he would, if they gave Rafa props he deserved.

RickDaStick
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM

He showed us his tennis knowledge when he called Coria the most talented player on tour and questioned whether having a good serve should be considered talent.

shotgun
02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
great playing by tommy this weekend, now they just have to find him a second player for the next tie...becker certainly won't be playing on clay

Mayer! :worship: