Why Feds doesn't get the Tiger treatment: low Q score [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Feds doesn't get the Tiger treatment: low Q score

Tennis Fool
02-11-2007, 03:38 AM
January 30, 2007
Sports Business
Not All Sports Icons Are Created Equal

By RICHARD SANDOMIR
There are more than a dozen buildings on Nike’s campus named for famous endorsers like Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Mia Hamm, Ken Griffey Jr., Pete Sampras, Lance Armstrong and John McEnroe.

But there isn’t a latrine with Roger Federer’s name on it, let alone a tennis shoe. “Give it some time,” said Dean Stoyer, a Nike spokesman.

During ESPN2’s coverage of the Australian Open (live Sunday at 3:30 a.m.), there wasn’t a Nike or Wilson commercial to celebrate Federer, who beat Fernando González to win his 10th Grand Slam singles title.

But during CBS’s broadcast of Tiger Woods’s Buick Invitational victory Sunday, Buick inaugurated a campaign packed with five commercials, including one in which Woods chased and tackled a character who swiped his golf bag and balls. Buick has worked for months on the campaign and even released a minute’s worth of behind-the-scenes footage to YouTube.

“Tiger is all confidence on the course, and we’re about confidence on the road,” said Maria Rohrer, Buick’s marketing director, describing the theme of the ads. “His confidence drives quality.” (She said Woods actually drives Buicks once he is on location at a tournament.)

The final round of the Buick generated a 5.6 overnight Nielsen rating, while the live Australian Open final produced a mere 0.5; an afternoon replay did considerably better, but still produced a slim 0.9, which means fewer than 900,000 households watched Federer’s victory in (our) daylight.

Such are the parallel lives of these icons who are so far above their rivals. Woods is from a country that invented marketing excess, while Federer is from a neutral nation renowned for its stance against bellicosity.

Both are clients of IMG, which is not known for its shyness in marketing its stable of stars. Woods was introduced to the professional world in August 1996 already the star of his “Hello World” Nike campaign.

Federer has been more selective, or to a great degree was forced to be selective until he secured his iconic status.

Still, his Q score — a measure of his awareness and appeal — stood at a 14 (Serena Williams was a 26) among sports fans, compared with Woods’s 40, when last calculated in the spring of 2006. In 2004, Federer’s Q score was a 10.

Another measurement of Federer’s standing in the marketing world is his DBI Score, created by the Davie-Brown talent agency in Dallas, which connects celebrities with companies. Federer’s 44.8 DBI is less than half the 86.1 for Woods, which can be explained primarily by how new Federer is to many people. His awareness score of 30.1 lags well behind Woods’s 95.3

But Federer is competitive with Woods, Jordan and Armstrong in other areas that make up the DBI, like appeal, trustworthiness and the degree to which respondents felt he would be an effective product endorser.

Scott Sanford, a senior client director for Davie-Brown, says he expects an explosion of interest by marketers in Federer now that he is being talked about as perhaps the greatest men’s tennis player.

“He’s been able to dominate his sport for so long that people in the United States are taking notice,” Sanford said. He added that he did not believe that being Swiss, and being a star in tennis, which lacks the higher profile of golf, would hinder Federer’s marketing success.

“Over the next six months to a year, you’ll see his potential rise to what Tiger and Lance have done,” he said. That audacious view is not shared by Bob Williams, chief executive of Burns Entertainment & Sports Marketing. “Tennis is holding Roger Federer back,” he said. “Major advertisers look at the popularity of a sport.”

He added that Federer had not exhibited much charisma, which Woods has in abundance on the course and in his commercials.

But Henry Schafer, executive vice president of Marketing Evaluations, the Q Scores Company, said that Federer’s grace and the likelihood of much greater exposure would help snare much bigger deals.

“He has charisma and very few negatives,” Schafer said.

At Wilson, Federer is a deity. He starred in commercials in 2004 and 2005 for the nCode racket technology, and he will be the centerpiece of a campaign later this year to introduce the new “[K] Factor” technology. Federer used his [K]Factor racket in Australia, and from day to day, spectators and viewers might have espied his racket bag imprinted with different messages like “Take [K]ontrol” and “[K]now the Difference.”

“We’re tying our sports brand to an iconic sports brand in Federer,” said Jon Muir, the general manager of Wilson Racquet Sports.

Muir acknowledged that it was easier to market an American-born athlete, like Woods, to an American audience, but “Roger has advanced from being a player from one country to a player from any country.” He said Wilson’s [K]Factor ads would not contrive a brasher identity for Federer, but would rely on what Muir called his “classic persona and contemporary performance.”

Whether Nike will follow Wilson into building a Federer campaign, in time for the United States Open, is not known. But his status should awaken Nike’s imagemakers to use an underutilized star.

“Given the roll he’s on,” Stoyer said, “we can never say never.”

E-mail: sportsbiz@nytimes.com

Copyright 2007 The New York Times Company

CmonAussie
02-11-2007, 09:07 AM
###
Look at the sports stars mentioned in this article & pick the odd one out???

*Tiger Woods [American]
*Serena Williams [American]
*Lance Armstrong [American]
*Michael Jordan [American]
*Roger Federer [Swiss]
>>> Apparently being American is equivalent to having charisma????><...

stebs
02-11-2007, 09:41 AM
###

*Tiger Woods [American]
*Roger Federer [Swiss]

Obviously Americans are going to be more inspired to tune in to watch American athletes than foreign ones. Tennis is not a huge sport in USA but who cares? USA isn't the whole world and worldwide Federer has a great deal of fans. It's no surprise that Federer doesn't 'get the Tiger treatment' in the USA.

nobama
02-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Gee, Tiger Woods, an American athlete, is more popular in America than Roger Federer, a Swiss athlete. And gee, golf is more popular in America than tennis is. Wow I would have never guessed. Kudos to the NY Times for cluing everyone in.

Komodo
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
So true, man. So true.
If Federer was American, his Q score would be much higher. That's a measurement of how much americans like an athlete, and all the mud that the jealous american media is throwing at the evil man from that small country between Sweden & Norway (or was it between Czech Republic & Austria?, what I do know is that his country isn't one of our allied buddies; if you're not with us, you're against us!), definitely isn't helping him out regarding that aspect.

Every single piece written with a negative tone towards Roger, and there are quite a few out there, is from America. It is really tiresome. As a fan of the NBA, I have seen how much harder Dirk Nowitzki has been treated in the media on the exact same premise of not being born in the US.

Why are the same three posters always starting, almost spamming, negative treads about Federer? (Well, sorry Tennis Fool if I have included you in a category that you actually don't belong in :) )
If you want to start threads about a player, feel free to do so, but find a healthy balance of interesting positive as well as negative articles and discussions about him in order not to look stupid, stuck up & ignorant.
The same would apply for somebody who only posts negative articles about Nadal, but I don't really see that going on.

komodo

SaltoKlose
02-11-2007, 11:02 AM
There are so many PGA tour events in America compared to ATP tournaments in America.

Tiger gets more exposure to the public and plus he is American and has been in the public eye since he was 2.

The only real time the US public gets to see Federer is the US Open.

jazar
02-11-2007, 11:31 AM
so because he is swiss he has a lower Q score

Sunset of Age
02-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I guess we can summ up all these negative articles about Rogi with one word:

"YAWN!!!!!"

Castafiore
02-11-2007, 01:04 PM
It's not a negative article about Roger. In fact, I find it quite positive since the author seems to say that Federer has all that it takes for a good marketing campaign but he's underused.

It's actually very positive about Roger but it just exames why he's not as visible in marketing campaigns as others stars like Woods.
He's not American, tennis doesn't get as much coverage as golf or basketball,... ---> That's not really breaking news.

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 01:13 PM
cmon ppl, we all know you are only a true sporting champion and legend in yankland.................... if your a yank.

nobama
02-11-2007, 01:47 PM
It's not a negative article about Roger. In fact, I find it quite positive since the author seems to say that Federer has all that it takes for a good marketing campaign but he's underused.

It's actually very positive about Roger but it just exames why he's not as visible in marketing campaigns as others stars like Woods.
He's not American, tennis doesn't get as much coverage as golf or basketball,... ---> That's not really breaking news.
Maybe it's not negative, but what's the point of it, other than Federer should give up tennis, become a US citizen and take up the game of golf (after Tiger's won his 19 majors of course).

case
02-11-2007, 01:56 PM
It is really tiresome. As a fan of the NBA, I have seen how much harder Dirk Nowitzki has been treated in the media on the exact same premise of not being born in the US.

Why are the same three posters always starting, almost spamming, negative treads about Federer? (Well, sorry Tennis Fool if I have included you in a category that you actually don't belong in :) )
If you want to start threads about a player, feel free to do so, but find a healthy balance of interesting positive as well as negative articles and discussions about him in order not to look stupid, stuck up & ignorant.
The same would apply for somebody who only posts negative articles about Nadal, but I don't really see that going on.

komodo

This wasnt against federer, it was about advertising. Fed isnt well known here. If fed were an american no one doubts he would have greater adverising appeal. Americans are so biased towards their athletes.Tennis isnt as popular here. Armstrong who isnt from a popular sport is a different story*

Fed fans are so touchy! you fed fans really need a reality check!

*Armstrong has and is still parading his cancer around like a broken record. I am so sick about hearing how he is a miracle and the french dont believe in miracles. That story is supposed to explain how he raced better AFTER his cancer than before and make americans forget those who speak of drug use.

Castafiore
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe it's not negative, but what's the point of it
In the past, there have been a couple of huge uproars on MTF because Federer was not on the cover of SI and wasn't named sportsperson of the year. Nevertheless, the reasons for that are similar: tennis not being that popular with the big public, Federer not being American,...
What's the point of all that then?

In this article, a well respected newspaper asks the question why he's not popular enough with the marketing guys given the fact that he has all that it takes. Perhaps it's not going to change a thing but this is not negative at all. Hey, perhaps the attitude in the US is slowly changing. After the uproar over SI, there's going to be more pressure to get him on the cover and give him the "sportsperson of the year" credit and I think that the main reason why there will be more pressure is because other journalists chose to write about it. Just like this article. That doesn't give you any garantees that things will change but would you be more happy about it if nobody complained about it at all?

MariaV
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Federer is underrented in the USA. :awww:

Johnny Groove
02-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Federer is underrented in the USA. :awww:

perhaps he needs to advertise himself better, and maybe have a 2man package with Rafa. Then he wont be underrented :aplot: :awww:

Angle Queen
02-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I wonder what Mister Q has to say about all this. ;)MrQ is busy being UncleQ to BBQ. ;)

Fed's problem...is he's too nice, too understated (I'm mean that in a nice way :) ).

nobama
02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
In the past, there have been a couple of huge uproars on MTF because Federer was not on the cover of SI and wasn't named sportsperson of the year. Nevertheless, the reasons for that are similar: tennis not being that popular with the big public, Federer not being American,...
What's the point of all that then?

In this article, a well respected newspaper asks the question why he's not popular enough with the marketing guys given the fact that he has all that it takes. Perhaps it's not going to change a thing but this is not negative at all. Hey, perhaps the attitude in the US is slowly changing. After the uproar over SI, there's going to be more pressure to get him on the cover and give him the "sportsperson of the year" credit and I think that the main reason why there will be more pressure is because other journalists chose to write about it. Just like this article. That doesn't give you any garantees that things will change but would you be more happy about it if nobody complained about it at all?
I didn't see this article as complaining but yet another in a long line of the 'who's greater' debate. This angle just happened to be about marketing and name recognition. Tennis.com just put one up about who gets more Google searches. The golf channel's website had an article with comments from the golfer Gary Player who said Tiger could out do any tennis player in the weight room. I haven't seen one yet about who's better looking or who's got the hotter wife/girlfriend but I'm sure that's coming.

nkhera1
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe it's not negative, but what's the point of it, other than Federer should give up tennis, become a US citizen and take up the game of golf (after Tiger's won his 19 majors of course).

Where does the article suggest any of that? It simply states some opinions which seem valid. Its not the authors fault this is taking place. Besides its not like he is telling lies.

Tennis Fool
02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
###

*Tiger Woods [American]
*Roger Federer [Swiss]

This might be true; even charismaless Sampras got commercials.

Thanks for the acknowledgement :scratch: because I don't even post that much any more and my posts are rarely negative.

komodo I post what I find interesting and what I think others may find interesting, whether it's positive or negative. In fact, when I post good things about a player no one bothers replying. When I post lists, people tell me everything that are wrong with them. You can't win on MTF. I'm thinking about retiring from this place anyway. Maybe 5 years is long enough.

The only real time the US public gets to see Federer is the US Open. Actually, not true. The major networks air the French Open and Wimbledon, as well as Miami. Since he's always in the finals of these events, people DO get to see him.

I agree here. I think in the last three years Federer has gone from "who?" in the States to "that really good tennis player who wins everything." The fact that this article on him was in the BUSINESS section of the New York Times is really a big deal.

I didn't see this article as complaining but yet another in a long line of the 'who's greater' debate. This angle just happened to be about marketing and name recognition. Tennis.com just put one up about who gets more Google searches. The golf channel's website had an article with comments from the golfer Gary Player who said Tiger could out do any tennis player in the weight room. I haven't seen one yet about who's better looking or who's got the hotter wife/girlfriend but I'm sure that's coming.
Well, Tiger and Feds are playing up this "rivalry" ;) It's not like they are hiding from each other.

BigAlbinoDonky
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
The best way for Roger to get some recognition in America would be....

1) Drop his walrus Mirka.
2) Hire someone to dispose of Enrique Iglesius.
3) Have a high profile relationship with Anna Kournikova.
4) Continue dominating the sport of tennis.

It's really not rocket science, he'd be huge if he did that. At the very least, get rid of that lardgoblin Mirka and get someone decent.

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh great another article about Tiger and Fed great love affair, surfacing again. Americans know who fed is maybe depending on if you're talking to americans that watch tennis or know anything about general pop culture. other than that not so much. I mean they show soccer here occasionally but we still don't watch it.

the cat
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm an American man and I would rather see a Roger Federer television commercial rather than another Eldrick "Tiger" Woods or Michael Jeffrey Jordan commercial.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Federer is not well known as he's boring, doesn't particularly have anything much about him. He's not charasmatic, and doesn't a great personality that ppl can relate to, nor does he generate attention. Sure it helps that Tiger is American, and that golf is a bigger sport than tennis, as well as the fact that Woods was groomed as a phenomenen as soon as he hit golf. But Woods is more interesting and more intelligent to listen to also.

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Federer doesnt care about recognition in the states, the guy is all about slams and ranking.... Europe is the place of the tennis kings - that is where it would be important to fed, if it was .
leave the americans to their Basketball, Baseball, NHL, NFL culture.
its not like anyone around the world really cares about those sports.

most of his glory will probably come after he's retired anyway and has every record in the game under his name.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Federer doesnt care about recognition in the states, the guy is all about slams and ranking.... Europe is the place of the tennis kings - that is where it would be important to fed, if it was .

most of his glory will probably come after he's retired anyway and has every record in the game under his name.
He won't have every record under the sun, or even close to it.

Europe only cares about football, so whats the difference :lol:

R.Federer
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
This article was posted about 10 days ago, on the thread mentioned below about Tiger and Federer, and should be merged with that :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4789385&postcount=2

Aloevera
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Are these kind of articles hugely concerned outside America??

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Right Basketball,NFL, Baseball all our great sports

and europe and their Soccer.

I think it's the other way around america doesn't really care about this sport anyway.

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Europe only cares about football, so whats the difference :lol:rubbish.... if that was the case henry or bucktooth would have won the Laeures award the last 2 years, or whatever thats called.
He won't have every record under the sun, or even close to it. he'll have the most slams, and all 4 of them.
he will end up the greatest.... i know that is agony for you mate, but you better just bend over and take it, ok?

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
and europe and their Soccer.

I think it's the other way around america doesn't really care about this sport anyway.good for that i say, fair enough...
just like fed doesnt care what the yanks think of him.... he is happy to turn up and swoop your national titles every year, say thank you very much and goodbye :)
off to the next tourney win wherever it may be.

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
good for that i say, fair enough...
just like fed doesnt care what the yanks think of him.... he is happy to turn up and swoop your national titles every year, say thank you very much and goodbye :)
off to the next tourney win wherever it may be.

I can't for Roddick to kick ass and kill Fed at the U.S open :sad:. But once again americans get all excited for about a week when it comes around because it's filled with celebrities and gets a lot of attention, then we remember oh yeah this is tennis and Fed wins and no one cares, again. :angel:

Magus13
02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
First off there are many Americans who opposed the War, hate Bush and can see beyond American ethnocentricism with our sports and athletes. So don't lump us "Yanks" all together. I posted what a bull shit pick Wade was over Fed in the SI person of the year. In fact SI had a record number of complaints bashing them for their pick, most were American. With that said Fed continues to grow in popularity around the World. Last year in Japan he was treated like a King. He is up for another Laureaus, and the rest will fall into place. Tiger recognized Fed, and stated he had a more dominant year last year. Wilson designed their new racquet around him and he has a good Rolex endorsement. Point is , he'll be fine. The States will catch up, just a little slow.

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
it's funny that people who don't really know too much about america would classify them all as yanks, New yorkers would find this title hilarious.

Yank what is that, oh no you might want to head down south to find some of those.

ExpectedWinner
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
The best way for Roger to get some recognition in America would be....

3) Have a high profile relationship with Anna Kournikova.

3) make a baby in a broom room or **** a housekeeper in a hotel

BigAlbinoDonky
02-11-2007, 07:20 PM

You know, that would work. But I don't think that's the kind of notoriety we're looking for here.

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 08:56 PM
But once again americans get all excited for about a week when it comes around because it's filled with celebrities and gets a lot of attention, then we remember oh yeah this is tennis and Fed wins and no one cares, again. :angel:Ok Sondraj you Yanktard

there i said it
:D!

Tennis Fool
02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
This article was posted about 10 days ago, on the thread mentioned below about Tiger and Federer, and should be merged with that :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4789385&postcount=2
Oh, I see that you posted it. I asked initially if I was repeating a post but no one said "no" and the comments came, so I assumed it wasn't.

I know you are a fan, but I don't really like posting articles under one thread. They just get lost (you know MTF posters are lazy :lol: )

Tennis Fool
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I know about the first, but someone ***** a housekeeper :scratch:

R.Federer
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh, I see that you posted it. I asked initially if I was repeating a post but no one said "no" and the comments came, so I assumed it wasn't.

I know you are a fan, but I don't really like posting articles under one thread. They just get lost (you know MTF posters are lazy :lol: )

That's no problem.
You haven't requested from me any Selena Roberts articles off Select recently. Has she not had anything to say since Melbourne?

Tennis Fool
02-11-2007, 09:44 PM
That's no problem.
You haven't requested from me any Selena Roberts articles off Select recently. Has she not had anything to say since Melbourne?

I don't think Selena writes much on tennis anymore. I know there's a new article about Arthur Ashe in Select.

Alexandy
02-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Honestly, I don't think Fed's popularity or lack thereof even has anything to do with nationality. Tennis is not as popular a sport here. My friends who don't watch tennis don't even know who James Blake is or any other American players besides possibly Roddick.

Tennis is going to have a difficult time becoming popular in the U.S. unless they advertise it more. Advertising a week before the Australian Open and only showing maybe a total of four commercials for it isn't going to work. Still, tennis in general, not American tennis, is slowly becoming more popular here. Fed is mentoned more on SportsCenter than Roddick is.

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok Sondraj you Yanktard

there i said it
:D!

ode to the ignorant. What the hell is a yanktard, whatever makes sense to you.:wavey:

Corey Feldman
02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Imagine being a yanktard, and you dont even know what it means

:lol:

sondraj06
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Do you know where that name even comes from in america, i don't think you do I live in cleveland, the midwest, go google it.

Corey Feldman
02-12-2007, 12:24 AM
No, Lachandra :rolleyes:
im too tired and will go to bed, not google. :p

CmonAussie
02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Federer is not well known as he's boring, doesn't particularly have anything much about him. He's not charasmatic, and doesn't a great personality that ppl can relate to, nor does he generate attention. Sure it helps that Tiger is American, and that golf is a bigger sport than tennis, as well as the fact that Woods was groomed as a phenomenen as soon as he hit golf. But Woods is more interesting and more intelligent to listen to also.:eek: :eek::confused:

:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:
"Tiger Woods is more interesting and more intelligent to listen to" ~ do you really think so:confused: :sad:

#
...Golf was always my favourite sport & I`ve been a huge fan of Tiger Woods & his ability to play his best when the pressure was most intense~. BUT he certainly is NOT INTERESTING to listen to & NOT MORE INTELLIGENT than Federer;)
...Tiger Woods main hobby away from golf is playing games on his X-box:rolleyes:
...Tiger was a man mainly moulded under his father`s shadow [Federer is much more independent ~yet still very appreciative of his family];)
...Federer speaks 4-LANGUAGES, ~while Tiger speaks ONE:p
...Federer is a UN ambassador & flies to Africa often on projects, while Woods is merely a Nike ambassador:eek:
...Woods schedule consists of playing 95% at home [America], ~ while Federer`s schedule consists of playing 95% abroad [constantly travellying the World]~>>> consequently Federer is more Worldly & more generous to fans in all corners of the World. Apart from the British Open Tiger will only leave home if they pay him $6,000,0000++ just to show up. Consequently many countries in Asia, Europe, Sth America, Australasia, Africa simply have no chance of ever seeing the great Tiger:sad: :sad:
Tiger always talks in PC cliches~> "just taking it one round at a time, one hole at a time, one shot at a time...etc. PC BS:o "..
Federer obviously cares about the future of the game of tennis~> hence his interviews are much more interesting, thoughtful & intelligent, thanks partly due to his knowledge of the World & mastery of languages [note English is not Fed`s native language & yet his vocabulary is better than Tiger`s:p ]..

Veronique
02-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Tennis isn't just that big in the USA. I remember throwing a feat when SI put Jason Giambi on the cover the week Pete Sampras won his 7th Wimbledon. I'm sure Federer is bigger than life in his home country.

Veronique
02-12-2007, 12:34 AM
It's funny how some Fed's fans get bent out of shape about this reality.

sondraj06
02-12-2007, 12:39 AM
No, Lachandra :rolleyes:
im too tired and will go to bed, not google. :p
was there some significance behind u using my full name, just curious:wavey:

sondraj06
02-12-2007, 12:44 AM
:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:
"Tiger Woods is more interesting and more intelligent to listen to" ~ do you really think so:confused: :sad:

#
...Golf was always my favourite sport & I`ve been a huge fan of Tiger Woods & his ability to play his best when the pressure was most intense~. BUT he certainly is NOT INTERESTING to listen to & NOT MORE INTELLIGENT than Federer;)
...Tiger Woods main hobby away from golf is playing games on his X-box:rolleyes:
...Tiger was a man mainly moulded under his father`s shadow [Federer is much more independent ~yet still very appreciative of his family];)
...Federer speaks 4-LANGUAGES, ~while Tiger speaks ONE:p
...Federer is a UN ambassador & flies to Africa often on projects, while Woods is merely a Nike ambassador:eek:
...Woods schedule consists of playing 95% at home [America], ~ while Federer`s schedule consists of playing 95% abroad [constantly travellying the World]~>>> consequently Federer is more Worldly & more generous to fans in all corners of the World. Apart from the British Open Tiger will only leave home if they pay him $6,000,0000++ just to show up. Consequently many countries in Asia, Europe, Sth America, Australasia, Africa simply have no chance of ever seeing the great Tiger:sad: :sad:
Tiger always talks in PC cliches~> "just taking it one round at a time, one hole at a time, one shot at a time...etc. PC BS:o "..
Federer obviously cares about the future of the game of tennis~> hence his interviews are much more interesting, thoughtful & intelligent, thanks partly due to his knowledge of the World & mastery of languages [note English is not Fed`s native language & yet his vocabulary is better than Tiger`s:p ]..

I have to agree there. I can't stand Tiger, he is such a dork, how anyone finds him interesting or entertaining is beyond me. and I do love Roger's commentment to africa, and am reminded of it at times, his mom is south african or something right. but yeah Fed's good, he just isn't big in america no rocket science required here. :angel: