Henman knocked off by Melzer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman knocked off by Melzer

Fumus
03-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Jurgen Melzer AUT 7 2 7

Tim Henman (7) GBR 6 6 6

what is going on with Tim, last week the finals this week a loss in the second round, ack..c'mon this is not what I expcet from Timmy "the Hustler" Henman

TheBoiledEgg
03-26-2004, 07:05 PM
another bitter pill he swallowed :tape:

great win Jurgen :D
keeping his form from that challenger title win in Boca Raton last weekend :)

TheBoiledEgg
03-26-2004, 07:06 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Cant wait for Sky's Coverage from Monday now

me either :devil:
they cant go on and on and on and on about how great he is :haha:

Fumus
03-26-2004, 07:06 PM
wow....meisly meizer pulls a big one off...this guy coudn't beat Robby Genepri, I am suprised at this...

joeb_uk
03-26-2004, 07:12 PM
lol, tim what a joke

sigmagirl91
03-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Awwwww, Tim......

joeb_uk
03-26-2004, 07:17 PM
labadze got demolished to 62 60

alfonsojose
03-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Pour Paul Annacone. Pete would never have lost a match like that. :(

joeb_uk
03-26-2004, 07:21 PM
hehe yep, but tim doesnt have it :(

Havok
03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
not such a great match from bot:scared: Melzer had 51 winners :eek: but 50 errors as well:o Tim served for the match :haha::haha: and was broken. he had about 30 winners to 40 errors. pfffffff Henman :rolleyes: how about some consistency huh:D

Fumus
03-26-2004, 07:23 PM
awww...be nice to Tim, he's british and he'll always be a wimbly champ in my heart... ;)

Chris Seahorse
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Even though Im English (not very patriotic I should add :lol: ) Im not really a fan of Henman but I don't think it was such a disgraceful loss. It's such a disadvantage having a bye and Melzer took advantage. He's won his last 6 against some good opponents and would have gone into the match full of confidence and nothing to lose. Henman on the other hand seems to sway from over-confidence to a lack of confidence very quickly and he always seems vunerable in the first couple of rounds. But they are a lot of players this is true of. Good win for Melzer.

*Ljubica*
03-26-2004, 08:18 PM
me either :devil:
they cant go on and on and on and on about how great he is :haha:

Oh but they can and they will - deep down you KNOW they will :devil: And no doubt interractive coverage will find a recording of "our Tim" playing in Indian Wells last week instead of showing an outside court match on Monday evening.

Billabong
03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Whoa! Another upset :eek:!!! What happened Tim :confused:??

Deboogle!.
03-26-2004, 09:20 PM
some craaaaaazy matches in this tourney so far... NO ONE IS SAFE!! Lol

ktwtennis
03-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Poor Tim!! He had such a great last week!! Oh well...I'm sure he'll be ready for the next tournament. And as always, he was a class act!

WyveN
03-26-2004, 11:53 PM
This is so typical from Henman, as soon as people actually expect him to do something, he falls flat on his butt

heya
03-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Henman's return game is very good. wimbley wimbley

bobblehat
03-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Tims fragile service holding got him in trouble again.

Tims game is like a vindaloo curry....hot one minute then followed by the shits days after.

CmonAussie
03-27-2004, 03:40 AM
* Tim lost confidence because Federer beat him so easily in IW Final; once again Henman came to the realisation that he's a good player but when it really counts his best ain't good enough to beat the best.
-->> Tim's record in Finals now stands at 11/16... & most of the Finals he won were against lesser players; I can only recall him beating a big name in a Final maybe once~ didn't he beat Agassi a few years ago in the Swiss Indoor Final??
...Tim Losing 1st Round in Miami is the direct result of him losing to Roger in IW Final in my opinion. It takes such a huge effort to get to those finals, so when you lose them you also lose motivation for the next tournament(normally unless you're a freak like Agassi).

Havok
03-27-2004, 03:47 AM
if you're a top player, such as Tim, losing big finals shouldn't dampen your next result. Nalbandian played like utter crap in the Montreal final, then got to the quarters (i thinkg) of Cincy beating Federer along the way. Henman's loss imo wasn't linked towards his bad loss to Roger, it was because Melzer played well. i don't think is known for consistency lately, week to week, not just in our tournament i mean

Yonge
03-27-2004, 05:26 AM
Pffft! :mad: at the upset but not really THAT surprised. In his website Tim has mentioned that he's "weary" of Melzer because Jurgen just came off a win at Boca Raton beating Enqvist and Todd Martin en route to the title. He said Jurgen would be more accustomed to the weather in Miami which is quite different from the one at Indian Wells. But still - no excuses.

:worship: Melzer.

J. Corwin
03-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Not too totally shocking given Jurgen's wins over Thomas and Todd (context of it all). Too bad for Timmy though.