González/Massu keep Chile's hope alive def Andreev/Safin 7-6 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

González/Massu keep Chile's hope alive def Andreev/Safin 7-6 6-3 6-4

+alonso
02-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Nico and Feña played brilliant, made almost no errors, were building this and it was well deserved. Nicolas returned most of the balls pretty well! and Feña helped a lot with his weapons. Excellent pair!
The crowd was crazy! :lol: :rolls: I loved it

Sooooo, :p I was sure this won't be easy for the Russians, Chile 1 - Russia 2

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

NicoFan
02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Chile is still alive!!!

:woohoo:

:bounce:

And yes, Alonso, I could tell from the radio that Nico was doing well! Fernando too!

It's up to Fernando now! Then Nico!

CHILE CAN DO THIS!

cobalt60
02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Nico and Feña played brilliant, made almost no errors, were building this and it was well deserved. Nicolas returned most of the balls! and Feña helped a lot with his weapons. Excellent pair!

:hug: I heard the atmosphere was exciting and that both pairs played well but that Massu was on top of his game. Glad for you:)

nolop
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
yes was a great match, safin was frustrated after every chilean point:lol:

zicofirol
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
its going to be interesting tomorrow, the Gonzalez-Safin match will be a great one, and if chile wins im not so sure Andreev loses to Massu so both matches will be good. I hope chile wins..

+alonso
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
:hug: I heard the atmosphere was exciting and that both pairs played well but that Massu was on top of his game. Glad for you:)

Thank you Sue! :hug:

Yeah, Nicolas was playing really great, ran for every ball and made everything to fight point by point.

dorkino
02-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Bravo . Tomorrow is gonna have all the excitement for sure.

Clara Bow
02-10-2007, 05:16 PM
As a fan of both teams- this was a fun match to watch even through the pointilism style of the sopcast livestream. Hopefully, this will inject some confidence into Nico and Fena for the singles and we go to a very live and exciting 5th rubber.

The crowd sure was excited. :)

Sparko1030
02-10-2007, 05:16 PM
:woohoo: Chile is still alive!!!! Fernando and Nico come through!!! I expect some good matches tomorrow. Chile can still pull this off!!!

VAMOOOOOS CHILENOS!!!!

Kalliopeia
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice match. I love all these guys so it's hard for me to cheer for one or the other. I do wish the stream was a bit better but I'll take what I can get. Congrats to the Chileans, and Marat/Igor.. :hug: Tomorrow should be fun. :)

AnnaK_4ever
02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Absolutely hopeless and helpless performance by Russians. Now it became obvious Andreev's win yesterday was sequence of horrible form of Gonzo and nothing more. Good he was able to capitalize on it. But as long as an opponent plays just average tennis Igor is finished.
Though Massu was on fire today still it's pretty sad our players had no answer to his game.

It all depends on Marat now. If he can't beat Gonzo we will lose. And today's Marat would never beat him. Which one will turn out tomorrow?

Deea
02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Marat vs Gonzo tomorrow will be one hell of a match I'm sure :yeah: No need to say who I'm rooting for, right? :p

The athmosphere was really explosive...the crowd was so noisy. They are noisier than the croats. And I thought no one can be noisier than them :lol: It's a nice athmosphere I guess but sometimes it does get a bit annoying...with all the yelling anf all of that...this isn't a football match after all :shrug:

cobalt60
02-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Marat vs Gonzo tomorrow will be one hell of a match I'm sure :yeah: No need to say who I'm rooting for, right? :p

The athmosphere was really explosive...the crowd was so noisy. They are noisier than the croats. And I thought no one can be noisier than them :lol: It's a nice athmosphere I guess but sometimes it does get a bit annoying...with all the yelling anf all of that...this isn't a football match after all :shrug:

My friend who is there said the crowd was going nuts and she couldn't stop herself from joining in and acting crazy :lol:

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Chile still can win this :) :rocker2:

Fergie
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Vamos Nico and Feña!!! :woohoo:

jazar
02-10-2007, 05:50 PM
almost makes up for their poor performances yesterday, but not quite

Peoples
02-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Can always rely on this Olympic champion pair to get the win when it matters :)

Clara Bow
02-10-2007, 06:07 PM
almost makes up for their poor performances yesterday, but not quite

But perhaps if they have gutsy performances in the matches tommorow and get the win for Chile it will. :)

bellascarlett
02-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Marat and Igor on bps...:o

Time for Marat to save the day again tomorrow. Don't think my heart can take a live 5th rubber.

joeb_uk
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
The win is too late, Russian win for sure! A shame at least one of the singles didn't go to Chile though to make a match of it.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
fantatic match by the GOLDEN DUO!!!! :yeah:, they didnt drop his serve in all the match

the miracle is coming???? IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!!!! VAMOS CHILEEEEEE!!!!!! :rocker2:

GonzoFed
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Massu was playing very well at the net :eek:

Bilbo
02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
expected win

ys
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
It's OK.. It was just a warmup. Andreev is not a doubles player, that we knew.. His return of serve is not designed for doubles.. And he can't volley..

Russia is still very well in control. Doubles form has nothing to do with singles form.. ( remember Nalbandyan in last year's finals?)..

Conita
02-10-2007, 07:49 PM
well done for staying alive :D

i'm just hoping for an olympic style win :P

Blue Heart24
02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
dont stop now,lets win this!

Chileno
02-10-2007, 09:31 PM
They are back in the game. This victory might actually do wonders to fire up Feña and Nico...

safinaferrero
02-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I didn't expect such an easy win for Chile :scratch: anyway well played :yeah: according with what u've said they must have deserved the victory even if i'm rooting for Russia in this DC tie http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/rocker2.gif

gulzhan
02-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Absolutely hopeless and helpless performance by Russians. Now it became obvious Andreev's win yesterday was sequence of horrible form of Gonzo and nothing more. Good he was able to capitalize on it. But as long as an opponent plays just average tennis Igor is finished.
Though Massu was on fire today still it's pretty sad our players had no answer to his game.

It all depends on Marat now. If he can't beat Gonzo we will lose. And today's Marat would never beat him. Which one will turn out tomorrow?

i disagree, i think the guys played ok, and the match was very close... the first set was absolutely even and in fact the russians played better especially andreev.. several absolutely stunning shots! but it's true he is not a double player and was not comfortable at net... plus marat and igor never played together before...

i think tarpi made a mistake when he changed his plan-- it would be better if he had kunitzyn and gabash with the narrow task of dragging the match for as long as possible.... however, he seemed to be pretty confident after the match and i believe in his wisdom.... he said it was a training session... he could be right... gonzo and massu had the steam out and could relax automatically, you know, when you simply don't control it.... and marat, in opposite, could be able to channel his frustration into a right direction with the positive outcome...

i don't know... i am very scared... but i could not leave this one message without a reply, it's totally unfair...

My friend who is there said the crowd was going nuts and she couldn't stop herself from joining in and acting crazy :lol:

i know how it is, i was at Russia-US semi final myself and was VERY excited... however, making noise and wistling before and during serve is something so nasty that even DC can not justify it... i am more than annoyed by the chilean crowd....

Burrow
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Nico and Feña played brilliant, made almost no errors, were building this and it was well deserved. Nicolas returned most of the balls pretty well! and Feña helped a lot with his weapons. Excellent pair!
The crowd was crazy! :lol: :rolls: I loved it

Sooooo, :p I was sure this won't be easy for the Russians, Chile 1 - Russia 2

it will still be easy I think. 5th match will be a dead rubber

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
keep doing well,boys! :woohoo:

+alonso
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
it will still be easy I think. 5th match will be a dead rubber

I'm sorry to say that 1st, the last match won't be a dead rubber and 2nd Gonzalez defeated Safin!

Go away arrogant!