Mergea/Tecau def Llodra/Clement 3-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-7(3), 11-9 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mergea/Tecau def Llodra/Clement 3-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-7(3), 11-9

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 05:35 PM
:eek: What a match, 4 and a half hours :eek:
France-Romania 2-1

Mara_M
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
:aparty:
maybe now Segarceanu will start trusting our boys :rolleyes:

Yappa
02-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Hm, so that means that none of the first round ties is decided after todays double matches.

Snowwy
The stat that I find particularly surprising is the number of points played on each countries serve. The french team only served 172 points while the Romania's played 209 points on their serve and yet managed to come up with 2 more breaks over the course of the match.

Snowwy
Hm, so that means that none of the first round ties is decided after todays double matches.

Russia could still come back.

delsa
02-10-2007, 05:42 PM
What a fight from the Romanians!!! :eek: Well done!!! :yeah:

Björki
02-10-2007, 05:53 PM
:yeah:

yana
02-10-2007, 05:56 PM
unfortunatelly, we don't have any chances on singles. gasquet and grosjean can beat any of our players.

joyk
02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Damn this was good,I`m sorry I doubted them.
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

ASP0315
02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
What a match :eek: It should be record books
Thank god Both teams had thier top players rested.

ileana
02-10-2007, 06:10 PM
a hard worked point in this tie :) probably our only point.
the two boys were amazing :worship: only if they played like that in the oher tournaments...
good job Florinache and Horica :)

Mara_M
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
hey at least we won't lose 5-0 as everyone was bitching :p

Deea
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
:banana: :banana: What a fight it was...I stayed in front of my TV for 4 h and 35 minutes :lol: Well, it was worth it. And to anyone who say Llodra/Clement lost this because they played bad :ras: :ras: :ras: The play level was high and our boys have done a wonderful job! :yeah:

Clara Bow
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Yea for Romania! Nice win today. We had some good doubles this Saturday.

Il Primo Uomo
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
*DEATH* :haha:

Iza
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM
grrr why do i always have classes when DC is on :smash: i'm so sorry i didn't see it :hysteric:

but GREEEEAT job boys :woohoo: :worship: :worship: it's been more than 3 years since that breathtaking victory in Ecuador so it was high time it happened again :yeah:

Too bad Richard is not having a bad weekend :(

Sandra
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
:worship:

Call me crazy but i still belive in our chances for tomorrow. :o

Deea
02-10-2007, 06:26 PM
:worship:

Call me crazy but i still belive in our chances for tomorrow. :o

You're crazy :lol: :lol:

Sandra
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Allez la Roumanie!!! :rocker2:

Mara_M
02-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Allez les Jaunes :rocker2:

jazar
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
what an amazing win. but if pavel wins, it is all down to hanescu

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Hanescu can't win!

jazar
02-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Hanescu can't win!

my point entirely

Fee
02-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Yay for Horia (and Florin too). :)

rrfnpump
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
:bolt:

JMG
02-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Congrats to the 3 time Wimbledon champion Mergea. :worship:

Mara_M
02-10-2007, 08:40 PM
who says hanescu will play tomorrow :p?

Sandra
02-10-2007, 09:08 PM
who says hanescu will play tomorrow :p?

He will, and let's pray for a miracle. He played wuite well in the first set on friday so he needs to keep that level up and please no more deciding points called out when they were in. :p

Mara_M
02-10-2007, 10:21 PM
he played quite well with fedex too and he didn't win :p

Deea
02-10-2007, 11:17 PM
he played quite well with fedex too and he didn't win :p

not that I want to take Victor's side....but Grosjean ain't Fed! :shrug:

silverwhite
02-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Llodra had a fever and was on antibiotics...

Credit to the Romanian pair though for taking advantage and not tightening up. :)

Mara_M
02-11-2007, 02:46 AM
not that I want to take Victor's side....but Grosjean ain't Fed! :shrug:

i know:lol:

yeah sure,and mergea was even worse SW ;) and he didn't abuse on breaks like the frenchies tho :p just an observation :p

silverwhite
02-11-2007, 02:50 AM
i know:lol:

yeah sure,and mergea was even worse SW ;) and he didn't abuse on breaks like the frenchies tho :p just an observation :p

Yeah, I'm sure the French fans had their own "observations" too.

Sunny_Boy
02-11-2007, 05:01 AM
What a match! :eek:
French team :sad:

TMJordan
02-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Romania :hearts:

Sandra
02-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the French fans had their own "observations" too.

Mergea had back problems in the last sets and our coach kept on being the therapeut, they didn't ask for breaks like the Frenchies after every set. But I don't blame them, they can do that, fine, but don't take the credits from our team cause Llodra had 'fever'. And again you didn't see the match. ;)

silverwhite
02-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Mergea had back problems in the last sets and our coach kept on being the therapeut, they didn't ask for breaks like the Frenchies after every set. But I don't blame them, they can do that, fine, but don't take the credits from our team cause Llodra had 'fever'. And again you didn't see the match. ;)

Llodra was sick from the first point so :shrug:. I didn't see the match but I've read reports and I'm just saying that it's natural for the French fans and the Romanian fans to view the match differently.

And I did give credit to the Romanian team for taking advantage, if you didn't read my first post.

Sandra
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Llodra was sick from the first point so :shrug:. I didn't see the match but I've read reports and I'm just saying that it's natural for the French fans and the Romanian fans to view the match differently.

And I did give credit to the Romanian team for taking advantage, if you didn't read my first post.

Of course is natural for us to see the match differently, but i don't find it fair for someone to say that we won only cause Llodra was sick. And you just gave us credtis cause we pulled it with Llodra having fever, not like we deserved it just cause we played better.
And I didn't see the moment in which Mergea got injuried, so it could've been an older injury as far as we know. Our team didn't talk about it after the match so I don't know.
But with one player injuried on both sides, I guess we were just better yesterday. :)

Aleka
Sorry to get in the middle of your little argument :p But someone who would have seen the match, would have noticed what an incredible match BOTH teams had, and what amazing points were played and that the romanians deserved to win this, and Llodra showed no signs of illness ;) And should I remind everyone that it's been ages since Horia and Florin played together ;) what about Llodra and Clement??? Paris Bercy champions you say??? :eek:

I don't want to argue, but don't take this from the boys!!!

Sandra
:lol: SW we find something to argue about in every day of this tie.

silverwhite
02-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Of course is natural for us to see the match differently, but i don't find it fair for someone to say that we won only cause Llodra was sick. And you just gave us credtis cause we pulled it with Llodra having fever, not like we deserved it just cause we played better.
And I didn't see the moment in which Mergea got injuried, so it could've been an older injury as far as we know. Our team didn't talk about it after the match so I don't know.
But with one player injuried on both sides, I guess we were just better yesterday. :)

It's impossible to find out how the match would have turned out if all four players were healthy so of course I can't give them credit for that. I can only give them credit for pulling off the win in this situtation.

Sorry to get in the middle of your little argument :p But someone who would have seen the match, would have noticed what an incredible match BOTH teams had, and what amazing points were played and that the romanians deserved to win this, and Llodra showed no signs of illness ;) And should I remind everyone that it's been ages since Horia and Florin played together ;) what about Llodra and Clement??? Paris Bercy champions you say??? :eek:

I don't want to argue, but don't take this from the boys!!!

I'm not going to make a judgement of the quality of the match precisely because the Romanian fans have been raving about the high quality while reports from the French media have criticised it as an error fest from the French pair.

That's precisely why I find it hard to believe that Llodra's 39-degree fever didn't affect him at all. Who knows? Maybe Mergea and Tecau will pull of more upsets on the ATP tour in the next few months and prove me wrong. :)

JMG
02-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I know it from last year that many French fans take away the credit from the winning team, when their players lose.

Truc
02-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Honestly, I don't think that's the point here. It's true that LLodra's fever is an issue in the French media, but not to discredit what the Romanian doubles team did. We have so many decent players, in both singles and doubles, it looks like a joke we are then playing with a guy who's sick. Something wrong happened here and it's normal to point it out.

The Romanian boys played well and definitely deserved to win and put up a great fight and were much better than a lot of people expected, nobody is questioning that in France!
But SW is right, the French media also say that the French players didn't play a good match. Forget, who usually is very supportive with his team and especially his beloved doubles team, has pretty harsh words too about the quality of the game of Clément-Llodra yesterday (pédaler dans la semoule, etc.)