Ancic possibly out of DC doubles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ancic possibly out of DC doubles

croat123
02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
He told the press that he felt like crap on court today because of his illness. He says that he has spent most of the last few days in bed, but that he tried his hardest to fight. The Croatian team's doctor is worried about how this match will affect Ancic and whether Mario will be able to play doubles tomorrow.

Mario :sad:

FUCK YOU KARLOVIC :fiery:

Thank God we have Zovko, who is a solid doubles player.

ljubicic_
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
He told the press that he felt like crap on court today because of his illness. He says that he has spent most of the last few days in bed, but that he tried his hardest to fight. The Croatian team's doctor is worried about how this match will affect Ancic and whether Mario will be able to play doubles tomorrow.

Mario :sad:

FUCK YOU Ancic :fiery:

Thank God we have Zovko, who is a solid doubles player.

That's bether. Karlo doesn't give a shit to this team and you can't blame him. Ancic isn't sick he is only trying to find a excuse to the loss against Haas

Deathless Mortal
02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
That's bether. Karlo doesn't give a shit to this team and you can't blame him. Ancic isn't sick he is only trying to find a excuse to the loss against Haas

You sometimes seem fine, but sometimes you're weird... He lost to a top10 player, why would he trying to find an excuse for that?

ljubicic_
02-09-2007, 09:43 PM
You sometimes seem fine, but sometimes you're weird... He lost to a top10 player, why would he trying to find an excuse for that?

Come on if he said three days before that he was very ill wy did he play than? if he'd won than he wouldn't even mention that he was sick but now he lost he is saying i was very il, i didn't sleep good bla bla bla. Look what Ljubo has gone trough last year a lot worser but still he did play tennis and beat Nalbandian

Deathless Mortal
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Come on if he said three days before that he was very ill wy did he play than? if he'd won than he wouldn't even mention that he was sick but now he lost he is saying i was very il, i didn't sleep good bla bla bla. Look what Ljubo has gone trough last year a lot worser but still he did play tennis and beat Nalbandian

People knew before that he was ill :rolleyes:
And Ancic isn't a player who would lie to excuse his loss.

JMG
02-09-2007, 09:57 PM
The difference between Zovko and Ancic is huge. I'm sure Ancic will play. :)

scoobs
02-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Hasn't this happened before? Ancic got ill and Karlovic had pulled out and screwed the team over as a result?

nicole_s
02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Hasn't this happened before? Ancic got ill and Karlovic had pulled out and screwed the team over as a result?

yeah,last year against argentina.karlovic only needed to win one singles or doubles match and we would have 3 wins :sad: if that repeats this year, karlovic should change his nationality!!:(

Snowwy
02-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I understnad why Karlovic doesnt play. I dont agree with it but it makes sense I guess from his point of view. That said, Ancic should not be to blame for getting sick. People get sick and it is tough to play sick.

Horatio Caine
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I find the issue of money (as concerns Davis Cup participation) a little morally repugnant but if Ivo was indeed getting only 9% whilst Ljubo and Ancic got pretty much all the rest, then I think that that figure sums up how much they consider him to be worth in terms of team effort and talent as well. I'd be pretty insulted myself. :shrug:

bad gambler
02-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I find the issue of money (as concerns Davis Cup participation) a little morally repugnant but if Ivo was indeed getting only 9% whilst Ljubo and Ancic got pretty much all the rest, then I think that that figure sums up how much they consider him to be worth in terms of team effort and talent as well. I'd be pretty insulted myself. :shrug:

Agree

El Legenda
02-09-2007, 11:22 PM

i doubt Ljubo cares about the money for DC, its probably not even 100K, he is probably more upset that Karlovic even brought up the whole money issue, i mean Ivan is doing pretty good with money, he is a co-owner a 5* hotel in Croatia, at this point of his career its all about winning matches and titles and money is just a +

Guybrush
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Karlovic is a piece of shit! To play for your country must be a matter of honor, not a question of money! IDIOT!!! :mad:

Horatio Caine
02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
i doubt Ljubo cares about the money for DC, its probably not even 100K, he is probably more upset that Karlovic even brought up the whole money issue, i mean Ivan is doing pretty good with money, he is a co-owner a 5* hotel in Croatia, at this point of his career its all about winning matches and titles and money is just a +

Yeah but for once this isn't about Ljubo or what he thinks :lol:

El Legenda
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah but for once this isn't about Ljubo or what he thinks :lol:

well he was the team capt. last year, when the same thing happend.

Horatio Caine
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
There is such a term as making your own bed and sleeping in it, and that is what the Croatian Tennis authority has to do. Why should Ivo come running everytime they snap their fingers? Good on Karlovic! :bigclap:

Horatio Caine
02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
well he was the team capt. last year, when the same thing happend.

But I don't see what this has to with Karlovic :confused:

Snowwy
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Karlovic is a piece of shit! To play for your country must be a matter of honor, not a question of money! IDIOT!!! :mad:

And if he gets hurt?

croat123
02-10-2007, 12:25 AM
And if he gets hurt?
he lied about being injured to get out of it :o
he's playing next week in san jose

Snowwy
02-10-2007, 12:26 AM
he lied about being injured to get out of it :o
he's playing next week in san jose

Sorry, I mean if he were to actually seriously get hurt while playing in DC?

Why strain his shoulder more than need be?

Of course this is not how I feel but I see how he could think this.

fanancic
02-10-2007, 07:44 AM
I hope that Mario will play double, because without him, it will be difficult to win... but if is sick it is not his fault, you can't blame him... He loves davis cup and is very sad whan he can't play...
and if yesterday he said he was sick, it is true...
If it was ivan who lost against haas and sais he was sick, you wouldn't have blame him... It is just because you hate Ancic...
And losing against haas is not a bad result...

BORO77
02-10-2007, 07:51 AM
If Mario cant play we are out. We will loose the doubles and Ljubo will lose to Tommy on sunday.
Our chance is to win the doubles and Mario to beat Becker tomorrow.

Jadranka
02-10-2007, 07:58 AM
oh :sad:
I hope he will play

nicole_s
02-10-2007, 09:24 AM
If Mario cant play we are out. We will loose the doubles and Ljubo will lose to Tommy on sunday.
Our chance is to win the doubles and Mario to beat Becker tomorrow.

yeah...:sad: haas is in great shape and ljubo isn`t...he`s playing too passive. I hope that mario feels better today. I doubt that we can win doubles without mario. We wouldnt be worried about doubles if Karlovic joined our team :mad: I dont understand how can people defend him, playing for your country should be a honour and it`s logical that karlovic gets less money then mario and ljubo because they do the most job in davis cup. ok,maybe karlovic should get a little more money,but it`s not right to leave national team because of that. and he did that 2 years in a row, so it`s obviousley that he doesn`t care for national team, all he cares about is money. if he cared for our team, he could swallow his pride and help our team!!

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
So, what you are saying is if we lose doubles today we are out?? I don't think so, Ljubo showed us how he can fight when he must, and he can beat Haas, of course he can. :rocker2:

BORO77
02-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Ljubo has 5% chances to beat Tommy imo.
Tommy plays unbelievable and Ljubo is very bad this year.

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Ljubo won Doha and played a final in Zagreb :rolleyes:

Horatio Caine
02-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Ljubo has 5% chances to beat Tommy imo.
Tommy plays unbelievable and Ljubo is very bad this year.

5%? :spit: :haha: :haha: :haha:

They're not playing in the middle of the Sahara Desert you know ;)

Horatio Caine
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah...:sad: haas is in great shape and ljubo isn`t...he`s playing too passive. I hope that mario feels better today. I doubt that we can win doubles without mario. We wouldnt be worried about doubles if Karlovic joined our team :mad: I dont understand how can people defend him, playing for your country should be a honour and it`s logical that karlovic gets less money then mario and ljubo because they do the most job in davis cup. ok,maybe karlovic should get a little more money,but it`s not right to leave national team because of that. and he did that 2 years in a row, so it`s obviousley that he doesn`t care for national team, all he cares about is money. if he cared for our team, he could swallow his pride and help our team!!

Already argued it, but for just for you sweetie, 9% is a complete insult. He should be getting 20%+.

Bilbo
02-10-2007, 10:23 AM
this is Germany's chance. let's take it.

Horatio Caine
02-10-2007, 10:23 AM

:yeah:

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, let's take it!
Ajmo Hrvatska!!!

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
:lol:
And one more thing, i hate when Croats are pesimistic and talking about how bad our players are :rolleyes:
We have 2 top10 players, how many countries can say that?

nicole_s
02-10-2007, 10:30 AM

you can only dream about it!:devil: I think that mario will play doubles, he won`t be tired in doubles like in singles! c`mon,guys! you can do it!

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 10:32 AM
We have a tough draw this year. FIrst round Germany, second it seems it will be Belgium, and if Malisse will play... (4 titles this year, 2 double titles, Chennai and Delray Beach) :scared:

Björki
02-10-2007, 10:38 AM
any news if Ancic will play today?

nicole_s
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
We have a tough draw this year. FIrst round Germany, second it seems it will be Belgium, and if Malisse will play... (4 titles this year, 2 double titles, Chennai and Delray Beach) :scared:

dont worry,just remember brian bros in carson!:worship:

Jimnik
02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Does it really matter if Ancic isn't 100%? All he has to do is serve and let Ljubicic do the rest. Ljubo has always been a one man Davis Cup team. ;)

nicole_s
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Does it really matter if Ancic isn't 100%? All he has to do is serve and let Ljubicic do the rest. Ljubo has always been a one man Davis Cup team. ;)

yeah,ljubicic will run on net,that`s his speciality :lol:

BORO77
02-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Are you crazy? Ancic is the much better doubles player:worship:
Ljubo cant volley.

I am not pesimistic but i think that todays doubles will decide.
ljubo has achieved a lot but i am just saying that he isnt in form and
i dont count on him to beat Haas.

Loremaster
02-10-2007, 10:55 AM

Yeah especially in final :devil:

Jimnik
02-10-2007, 10:57 AM
When you're serving big, you don't have to volley. All you have to do is SMASH.

SMASH everything in sight. ;)

fanancic
02-10-2007, 11:49 AM
It seems that Mario will play...:) :worship: :) :angel:
I hope that he is ready...

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Mario is playing :D

gusman890
02-10-2007, 01:21 PM
:lol:

We have 2 top10 players, how many countries can say that?

we can :)