2.75 of 8 Players & 1 Captain INJURED ¿¿Due to the/In the?? Swiss Court!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2.75 of 8 Players & 1 Captain INJURED ¿¿Due to the/In the?? Swiss Court!!!

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
For those who denie Spanish complains because of the swiss court
Now, live, Stephan Bohli has just injured his knee, he's now on court recieving medical help.....

Wawrinka, Nadal and Bohli injured due to the court

It seems Bohli wants to continue but he can't serve jumping ...

What's more important? win a tie? or take care of players health?

jazar
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
if it is due to the court then that is a very severious problem. you dont want to be endangering players careers due to a bad court

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
and now Wawrinka is in hospital being operated ....

guga2120
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
i think its a conspiracy, the Swiss did it to make sure Nadal was out of action.:devil:

Thats why Federer is sitting on a beach somewhere, and not playing on it.

dorkino
A serious question : Wasn't this court tried before playing ?? :confused:

Langers
For those who denie Spanish complains because of the swiss court
Now, live, Stephan Bohli has just injured his knee, he's now on court recieving medical help.....

It seems Bohli wants to continue but he can't serve jumping ...

What's more important? win a tie? or take care of players health?
How have they injured themselves? Feet getting stuck in the surface so their knees are giving way or what?

dorkino
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Posted by Guga2120
i think its a conspiracy, the Swiss did it to make sure Nadal was out of action.:devil:

Thats why Federer is sitting on a beach somewhere, and not playing on it.

:haha: Good point. Can't believe it. 3 players being injuried there is just a coincidence ?

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
It seems Bohli injury was just a scare and now is playing well but anyway ...
Is dangerous for their knees!

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Now David Ferrer has just have a problem, close to be injured after his ankle had a strange movement while running ...
i'm scared !!!

jazar
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
the tie should be abandoned

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
This is both frightening and weirdly strange! Some of the media discussion is below

Nadal pulls out of Davis Cup tie

World number two Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the opening rubber of Spain's Davis Cup tie against Switzerland with a thigh injury.
Nadal was due to face Marco Chiudinelli in the World Group first round tie on Friday but he will now be replaced by world number 33 Fernando Verdasco.

Switzerland must cope without Stanislas Wawrinka, who had been their top-ranked player in Roger Federer's absence.

Wawrinka tore a knee ligament in training on Thursday.

Davis Cup debutant Stephane Bohli, who has never won a match on the ATP circuit, has taken his place in the Swiss team.

Davis Cup spokesman Marcel Hauck said Nadal had picked up the injury to his right thigh while training on Friday morning.

He added that it was not clear whether the 20-year-old Spaniard would be fit in time for Sunday's reverse singles.

Nadal suffered an injury to his left leg at the Australian Open but had declared himself fit again.

scoobs
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Are we all done having hysterics now?

Langers
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
The twilight zone. :eek:

Might have to postpone the fixture to find a suitable court.

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
David Ferrer just after winning: "This court is DANGEROUS"

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
A serious question : Wasn't this court tried before playing ?? :confused:

It certainly was. Thats where the Swiss were practising after all.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Do you know that for a fact?? That it is the court conditions?

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:54 PM
If the Bohli thing was just a scare, could you please at least modify your thread title to "2 out of 8"? ;)

much better, 2.5 ;) he had his knee knocked in the taraflex and was close to have a bigger problem ;)

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Do you know that for a fact?? That it is the court conditions?

of course not because i'm not an expert and i'm not there but i believe the players and i'm reading all the news coming from Switzerland and right now i'm watching the problems of players on court ...

Stevens Point
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I think Bohli was having a cramp and not a knee problem or so,, at least it looked so, also judged by how the leg was treated after that...

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Haven't all the players been practicing on this court/surface for the past five days already? If it appeared to be risky to them, they should have mentioned that... :rolleyes:

scoobs
02-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Nadal moaned about it, but that seemed to be more about the speed than anything.

Beforehand
This will show people what happens when Roger Federer doesn't play a tie, the bastards.

R.Federer
of course not because i'm not an expert and i'm not there but i believe the players and i'm reading all the news coming from Switzerland and right now i'm watching the problems of players on court ...

If you don't know and are making guesses, its best to stay away from making these kind of statements. It's like if I post a thread "nadal withdraws from davis cup because of dubious claims of injury". Based on nothing and just trying to make up reasons. Are you actually seeing how Bohli is being treated?? Does it look like it is an injury from the court?

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Haven't all the players been practicing on this court/surface for the past five days already?
Well, Nadal did say that this court is dangerous to the feet and the joints well in advance but well...others call that whining and say that when he says that, he's just whining about the speed.:)

Yesterday, Wawrinka got hurt badly and the Swiss DC captain Lüthi also had a knee injury during the training session. (I do believe that I have seen a mention in the Swiss press of the surface being sticky (making a possible link with the injuries) but I didn't keep that article. If I can be bothered, I will find it again but..well, it's all a matter of whining anyway so I probably won't bother).
Nadal is said to have been injured during a training session.
Bohli had troubles with his knee and needed treatment (but that could be just cramping, right?)
Ferrer called the surface dangerous.

But no use getting hysterical about these things. They should just shut up and play.

Deivid23
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
This should be updated to 2.75 players as Ferrer was limping after his ankle almost bent late in the 3rd set :lol:

MariaV
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Haven't all the players been practicing on this court/surface for the past five days already? If it appeared to be risky to them, they should have mentioned that... :rolleyes:

They DID mention that.

And what a funny title, Alvaro. :lol: Although it's actually sad.

bokehlicious
02-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Nadal injured his butt because of the surface ?

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, Nadal did say that this court is dangerous to the feet and the joints well in advance but well...others call that whining and say that when he says that, he's just whining about the speed.:)

I've only read he indeed complained about the court's speed but not about it being dangerous, perhaps I missed an article where he said that?

It still remains any a player's own choice if he goes out to play or not. Should this court indeed be dangerous, the players - both the Swiss and the Spanish - should have refused to play.

yana
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM

But isn't Stan injured himself during practicing on this carpet? looks like it is pretty risky.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Come on, rebound ace is also sticky and it is dangerous to feet and ankles and joints. Especially in the heat. Players accept it and play on it. Has any player said they won't play Melbourne because of that?

Every tie played on home grounds will be chosen on a surface most advantageous to themselves, and most disadvantageous to the opponents.

And Nadal, in all the comments I read, did not say it was dangerous. I thought he said he did not like the fact that he would have to go from this surface to a completely different surface on the tour.

Yesterday, Wawrinka got hurt badly and the Swiss DC captain Lüthi also had a knee injury during the training session. (I do believe that I have seen a mention in the Swiss press of the surface being sticky but I didn't keep that article. If I can be bothered, I will find it again but..well, it's all a matter of whining anyway so I probably won't bother).
Nadal is said to have been injured during a training session.
Bohli had troubles with his knees (but that could be just cramping, right?)
Ferrer called the surface dangerous.

But no use getting hysterical about these things. They should just shut up and play.

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Did I say that this surface is the only surface with a higher injury risk?
No, I didn't.
Last year, there was a lot of criticism on the Melbourne rebound surface for example so it's not like this is the first time I've read criticism on a surface.

I believe the players when they call this particular surface dangerous. Nadal's quote about the surface being dangerous to the feet and the joints came from AS.com and I actually posted it in some of the threads.
You don't have to believe all this. No problem.
Others are just calling out Nadal & co for whining.
End of discussion because people are believing what they want to believe so further discussion is pointless.

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I may sound completely ignorant here, but what is AS.com?

radics
02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Madal injured his butt because of the surface ?

He's injured? I mean I've seen him running in and out the stadioum between the Chiudi - Verdasco match. And honestly, he didn't look hurt at all. But maybe it's just something that hurts on the service motion or something. :confused:

An other thing: did they play somewhere else in Geneva or use an other surface when Switzerland played the last three rounds there? Because I didn't hear so much whining and crying fromt the other teams and their fans before. :confused:

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.as.com/

nobama
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I thought Nadal himself said he had the flu? :scratch:

jeahhh!
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM

I thought it was his thigh.:shrug:

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM

I read that, too... perhaps there's someone who could shed light in this matter?

radics
02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I read that, too... perhaps there's someone who could shed light in this matter?

Well, as long as it gives the spain fans something to complain about, he's injured from the evil court...

nobama
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Someone here posted earlier in the day that he said he had the flu.

CooCooCachoo
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
:scared:

Marco :scared:

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, as long as it gives the spain fans something to complain about, he's injured from the evil court...
Exactly and the fun part is that it gives some of the non-spain fans something to write and whine about as well so everybody's happy.

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Taking Nadal out of it completely- do you think that Ferrer said that the court was dangerous after having an ankle scare during a comprehensive win was just him whining? Or was Ferrer just saying that to give Spanish fans something to complain about?

Sometimes some courts are more dangerous that others. Should players just shut up and never comment on it if they play on it and note that it could cause a higher number of injuries? Ferrer doesn't really have the reputation of being a complainer- but I guess that he is now just a big whiner complaining for the sake of complaining instead of making an informed observation after playing a match on the surface.

Pomat
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
life is dangerous
unfortunately knee ligament injuries can happen anytime :eek:

personally I think it's not because of courts, it's more "weak" body
some people never get injured badly

poor Wawrinka will be out for the rest of season

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Come on, rebound ace is also sticky and it is dangerous to feet and ankles and joints. Especially in the heat. Players accept it and play on it. Has any player said they won't play Melbourne because of that?

Every tie played on home grounds will be chosen on a surface most advantageous to themselves, and most disadvantageous to the opponents.

And Nadal, in all the comments I read, did not say it was dangerous. I thought he said he did not like the fact that he would have to go from this surface to a completely different surface on the tour.

In fact he did

¿Le gustaría que limitaran el número de superficies?
"Esta pista de taraflex es muy mala para el espectáculo, pero además es peligrosa porque es difícil correr. Es mala para los apoyos, para las articulaciones..."

peligrosa = dangerous

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 05:53 PM
In fact he did

"Esta pista de taraflex es muy mala para el espectáculo, pero además es peligrosa porque es difícil correr. Es mala para los apoyos, para las articulaciones..."

peligrosa = dangerous

Thank you, I did not see this in the Engish print.

nobama
02-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Again, do we know for sure Nadal injured himself, or is he just sick? Which is it?

radics
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Taking Nadal out of it completely- do you think that Ferrer said that the court was dangerous after having an ankle scare during a comprehensive win was just him whining? Or was Ferrer just saying that to give Spanish fans something to complain about?

Sometimes some courts are more dangerous that others. Should players just shut up and never comment on it if they play on it and note that it could cause a higher number of injuries? Ferrer doesn't really have the reputation of being a complainer- but I guess that he is now just a big whiner complaining for the sake of complaining instead of making an informed observation after playing a match on the surface.

Have I said players can't comment/complain about the conditions? I don't think so. But it's all a bit over the top right now. I'm sure the court is not the best ever and he might be more dangerous than others, but that comes along with a very hard indoor court. Sorry, but it feels a bit like a plea in case they aren't as successful as everyone expects them to be (especially all the fuzz about Nadals out).

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 06:04 PM
In fact he did

peligrosa = dangerous

Thank you for this info!
I guess that part was left out of the English translations that I've seen of this.

MariaV
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Thank you for this info!
I guess that part was left out of the English translations that I've seen of this.

Karin, visit Rafa's forum. Ania posted the article in Spanish. ;)

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
well no nadal, did have a bit of a cold not the flu and he has been struggling with a leg injury since before the AO, but that again will probably just be taken by non-nadal fans as him whimpering, and the court could have aggrevated that.

mallorn
02-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Are we all done having hysterics now?
I'm not. I'll be done after the tie is over if there are no more injuries.
If you don't know and are making guesses, its best to stay away from making these kind of statements. It's like if I post a thread "nadal withdraws from davis cup because of dubious claims of injury". Based on nothing and just trying to make up reasons. Are you actually seeing how Bohli is being treated?? Does it look like it is an injury from the court?
The players said the court was dangerous. Are you disregarding what they said and claiming the multiple injuries/almost injuries are pure coincidence and they have nothing to do with the surface? What are the odds of that? The court being the reason sounds like the most plausible explanation to me.
Again, do we know for sure Nadal injured himself, or is he just sick? Which is it?
We know two things - that he had the flu in the last few days and that he pulled out at the last minute citing an injury to his right thigh. Not even his teammates knew about it in advance - Verdasco blamed his dismal performance on being still in bed an hour before the match: "I only found out an hour before the match that I would have to play. I was sleeping in my room, was woken up, took my tee shirts and came to the court. Of course, it was hard to focus in the beginning."
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=14049

Galathea
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Sorry to post without having the same information than you: Argentina is basically writing things about our tie, so I getting more information about this Taraflex problem here.
Nadal could be whinning, okay. But something to take in consideration is where the injuries, from the moment or permanent, were produced: knees and ankles. So, in my experience is too much coincidence that all the problems are in those zones, "lugares de apoyo" in spanish.

Stevens Point
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM

I have been seeing in the articles that he's got muscle injury.. Some articles say he is out of Davis Cup, some say that it is not sure if Nadal plays on Sunday or not.. I doubt he is sick. He looked just fine sitting with the Spanish team mates. I saw no sign of flu, just looking at him on TV... But, maybe he is.. :shrug:

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 06:22 PM
U know everybody gets behind fed when he decidesds to focus on his individual titles, whatever, this was incredibly important to Rafa playing for spain in DC, so much so that he put his health at risk for it. I'm no pshychic so i know i'm not the only one here who forsaw him gettin injured again, But it just seems to me he needs to start doing that, he has gotten injured way too much in the past 3 years. Some one on his staff should have said no. I know his is young and stubburn but, they had to have seen this coming, he was barely out of the AO with an injury again and now he wants to play DC, rediculous.

GlennMirnyi
02-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Stop whining.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 06:27 PM
U know everybody gets behind fed when he decidesds to focus on his individual titles, whatever, this was incredibly important to Rafa playing for spain in DC, so much so that he put his health at risk for it.

What do you mean? Just yesterday's press conference, nadal said he was "100% fit". I dont think that means he was not well. If it is the surface you are talking about, then everyone puts their "health at risk" when playing on rebound in the first slam. The same players should be complaining in Melbourne as well now, shouldnt they, if the surface is so damaging to their ligaments?

radics
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
[...]that he put his health at risk for it.[...]

He does? ...not today. (just kidding, don't kill me) :nerner:

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
The players said the court was dangerous. Are you disregarding what they said and claiming the multiple injuries/almost injuries are pure coincidence and they have nothing to do with the surface? What are the odds of that? The court being the reason sounds like the most plausible explanation to me.

Threads are not supposed to be created based on blind speculation and evaluating the "odds" of a statement. If I suspect that someone beefs up within 3 months and to me it only makes sense that it purely due to illegal steroids I cannot make a thread stating Player XYZ physically stronger due to dope. This is blind speculation, and if you read the GM Sticky you will see it says in very clear words, PROVIDE A LINK. So no, plausible explanations of one or few posters is not a basis.

And no, I did not disregard what the players said PRIOR to their injuries. These same players have not been playing competitively for a few weeks, injuries can occur for many reasons.

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry, but it feels a bit like a plea in case they aren't as successful as everyone expects them to be

Sorry- I just don't agree with you that Ferrer is just making an excuse in case Spain is not as successful if everyone expects them to be. I think he said it because he felt the court was dangerous after playing a complete match on the surface- full stop. But maybe he is much more a conniving, sneaky individual than I have ever thought him to be. :p

t0x
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
The court might be a bit dangerous, but so is rebound ace. You just got to get on with the job, and stop whining. I mean both teams are playing on the same damn court, it's not as if it's an unfair advantage...

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
What do you mean? Just yesterday's press conference, nadal said he was "100% fit". I dont think that means he was not well. If it is the surface you are talking about, then everyone puts their "health at risk" when playing on rebound in the first slam. The same players should be complaining in Melbourne as well now, shouldnt they, if the surface is so damaging to their ligaments?

Yeah yesterday he said he was 100% fine, well maybe i am phsycic. rafa's young and stubburn he'd say he was superman to get his way, his people should know better and he should have just sat this one out.

mallorn
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Threads are not supposed to be created based on blind speculation and evaluating the "odds" of a statement. If I suspect that someone beefs up within 3 months and to me it only makes sense that it purely due to illegal steroids I cannot make a thread stating Player XYZ physically stronger due to dope. This is blind speculation, and if you read the GM Sticky you will see it says in very clear words, PROVIDE A LINK. So no, plausible explanations of one or few posters is not a basis.

And no, I did not disregard what the players said PRIOR to their injuries. These same players have not been playing competitively for a few weeks, injuries can occur for many reasons.
First of all, I think it's a bit different accusing someone of an illegal act (doping) and saying that a surface is to blame for players' injuries.

Second, why do you keep saying "blind speculation" if it's based on the opinion of the people who have the best knowledge of the matter, i.e. the players who actually PLAYED on the court?

t0x, the surface is unfair on all the players involved - at the moment, it's the most unfair on Wawrinka.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Second, why do you keep saying "blind speculation" if it's based on the opinion of the people who have the best knowledge of the matter, i.e. the players who actually PLAYED on the court?

Sorry, I may have missed the post where the players have said the injuries are due to the surface. The opinion of the players, actually only the Spanish players as far as I have read, that they do not like the surface and it could cause injuries. These are the same player who have not played for weeks, and are more injury prone right now than others. That too is a reasonable explanation.

Like as though the Swiss are going to choose a surface if they know they themselves are going to break knees and joints playing on it. Yeah, sure.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:02 PM
First of all, I think it's a bit different accusing someone of an illegal act (doping) and saying that a surface is to blame for players' injuries.

What about a thread which states that spanish players are falsely claiming injuries because they are too cowardly to play?? That is not illegal. That is a speculation. And no one would like it. You dont get the point?

Stevens Point
02-09-2007, 07:15 PM
according to Wawrinka, it is the same surface as in Basel Indoors. I can't confirm it is the same one in Basel, but if it is so, why complain now? Have we heard of the danger of this surface prior to this Davis Cup tie? Why ITF allows this surface to be played on??

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't understand what the arguments about. now players can't complain about the court they have to play on. Like you people never complain, I bet some of you chicks would out whine Jessica simpson in a competition. And if it's some one belief that it is the courts they can say that, I've said that i think Nadal needs new choaching staff, and that I think Connors brought a whole new element to roddicks game, i'm sure that would be considered pure speculation, am i going to be arrested for it. good freaking lord.

Rafa has a cold

How are you feeling going into this away tie against the Swiss?
Well, yesterday was the first day I trained hard, almost three hours. I have a little bit of a cold and so I've spent two days working at a slower rhythm than usual. I played a set against David Ferrer in the afternoon and I felt really good.

If he had the flu he definitly woulnd't be able to get out of bed let alone pratice on a tennis court, has any one every had the flu here.

Yes he did state that the court was dangerous for certain areas of the body

Would you like the number of surfaces to be restricted?
This taraflex court considerably reduces the spectacle, and, in addition, it's dangerous because it's difficult to run. It's bad for your feet and your joints...

and if you can't read the spanish, go to a search engine they have online translators.

http://www.as.com/articulo/deporte/Debemos/huir/playoff/permanencia/dasmas/20070208dasdaimas_1/Tes/

Lee
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Like as though the Swiss are going to choose a surface if they know they themselves are going to break knees and joints playing on it. Yeah, sure.

What you miss here is, nobody is saying the surface is designed to hurt Spanish players. Nobody is whining about Swiss choosing a surface that's disadvantage to Spain.

Everybody (I am referring to posters here) saying here is, there is a problem with the court which seems to cause injuries to players.

The organisation lay the court before DC tie, may be there's some flaws in the preparation that created a problem with the court. That's what most of the posters here are talking about.

Hugh Jaas
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Sorry, I may have missed the post where the players have said the injuries are due to the surface. The opinion of the players, actually only the Spanish players as far as I have read, that they do not like the surface and it could cause injuries. These are the same player who have not played for weeks, and are more injury prone right now than others. That too is a reasonable explanation.

I agree. We all know that playing on carpet isn't the safest surface to play on but with countless numbers injured and one being operated on as we speak someone should be responsible.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Nor am I! I am not saying that Schweiz has chosen a surface to hurt Spanish players. (Only vaguely related thing I said is "every home side chooses a surface disadvantageous to the opponent, and advantageous to themselves").

Second, not everybody is saying that the surface is causing the injuries. It is very possible that that is the case, all I said was that none of the players' injuries have (yet) been attributed to it, and so this is speculation. Is it not also the case that many of these players have been out of action for a while and are thus more injury prone anyway?

That's all. 3 of 8 Players INJURED Due to the Swiss Court!!! is better served saying 3 of 8 Players INJURED on Swiss Court!!! (although I dont know if the injuries even took place on court).

What you miss here is, nobody is saying the surface is designed to hurt Spanish players. Nobody is whining about Swiss choosing a surface that's disadvantage to Spain.

Everybody (I am referring to posters here) saying here is, there is a problem with the court which seems to cause injuries to players.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
So what are you arguing about, I missed that.

mallorn
02-09-2007, 07:29 PM

Yes, they said the surface was dangerous and lo and behold - 2.75 players are injured.

Of course it's the Spanish players that have complained, as if the Swiss players are going to go against their own federation publicly. :lol:

Wawrinka was not injured as far as I know so he wasn't more injury prone than others. Didn't hear anything about Bohli or Ferrer being injured either - were they? :confused:

The Swiss chose the surface with the sole purpose of making the Spaniards, especially Rafa, as uncomfortable as possible. Looks like they also shot themselves in the leg in the process.

“We needed to find a surface that could pose problems to Rafael Nadal” - who’s in a confidence slump since six months - explains Stanislas Wawrinka. “A surface that offers not a lot of rebound. So, that’s what we have done.”
http://www.tdg.ch/tghome/toute_l_info_test/sports/coupe_davis__07_02.html

Wawrinka: "Indeed, we made the choice at the time of the Australian Open. However, we still changed that choice afterwards into an even faster surface with very little rebound."
http://www.parlonstennis.com/2007/02/06/conference-de-presse-suisse/
(translated by Moondancer)
What about a thread which states that spanish players are falsely claiming injuries because they are too cowardly to play?? That is not illegal. That is a speculation. And no one would like it. You dont get the point?
No, it's not illegal, it's just speculation and it's very much allowed here. In fact, every time Rafa is injured he's accused of being a coward. :lol:

I still don't think it's the same. Here we have the opinions of professionals who played on the court, and we have facts - two withdrawals and two almost injuries, and goddamn it, it's only Friday. In the situation you described, it's bored kids bashing a player they hate based on...um what exactly???

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 07:29 PM
You dont get the point?
Yup. I get the point. You want proof, hard evidence that the injuries are a direct result of the surface and the words of Ferrer, Nadal (linking it to an article) are not enough for you. Fine. Can we move on now?

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Look, if Spain was hosting the DC against Switzerland and Federer was participating, would they grow grass and build a court on it? Isn't every DC tie played on home grounds played on a surface that would make the opponents most uncomfortable??

It is a compliment (weird back alley way, but still) to nadal that they choose this particular surface. They know they cannot beat him on clay. Even on hard, he will have their number.

And I don't know what you mean by Bohli or Ferrer being injured earlier? Injury prone does not mean already injured, btw. It means being in a condition where, all else equal, you are more likely to pick up an injury. This can be because you have been out of competitive tennis for a while and your body takes time to adjust to the sudden increase in movements.

Yes, they said the surface was dangerous and lo and behold - 2.75 players are injured.

Of course it's the Spanish players that have complained, as if the Swiss players are going to go against their own federation publicly. :lol:

Wawrinka was not injured as far as I know so he wasn't more injury prone than others. Didn't hear anything about Bohli or Ferrer being injured either - were they? :confused:

The Swiss chose the surface with the sole purpose of making the Spaniards, especially Rafa, as uncomfortable as possible. Looks like they also shot themselves in the leg in the process.

“We needed to find a surface that could pose problems to Rafael Nadal” - who’s in a confidence slump since six months - explains Stanislas Wawrinka. “A surface that offers not a lot of rebound. So, that’s what we have done.”
http://www.tdg.ch/tghome/toute_l_info_test/sports/coupe_davis__07_02.html

Wawrinka: "Indeed, we made the choice at the time of the Australian Open. However, we still changed that choice afterwards into an even faster surface with very little rebound."
http://www.parlonstennis.com/2007/02/06/conference-de-presse-suisse/
(translated by Moondancer)

No, it's not illegal, it's just speculation and it's very much allowed here. In fact, every time Rafa is injured he's accused of being a coward. :lol:

I still don't think it's the same. Here we have the opinions of professionals who played on the court, and we have facts - two withdrawals and two almost injuries, and goddamn it, it's only Friday. In the situation you described, it's bored kids bashing a player they hate based on...um what exactly???

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Yup. I get the point. You want proof, hard evidence that the injuries are a direct result of the surface and the words of Ferrer, Nadal (linking it to an article) are not enough for you. Fine. Can we move on now?

What?
No, if you have a link that is plenty! That's what I asked. Those words of Ferrer, Nadal (linking to an article) are plenty enough. Where are they? I asked Mallorn, and there was none, but the answer was it is reasonable, plausible, etc to make the conclusion without their words.

Btw, like about nadal saying it was dangerous. I did not see this in any english print, that is why someone posted his spanish article and translated. And that was plenty enough. Credible.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Poor Fernando.... rude wake up call:

I found out only just before the match that I was playing," said Verdasco who looked far from his best in the opening stages of Friday's encounter.

"I was actually sleeping when I got the call from the doctor to say Rafael was injured, so there wasn't much time to warm up and grab something to eat. I think you could see how unprepared I was at the start of the match especially."

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-6404998,00.html

Lee
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Nor am I! I am not saying that Schweiz has chosen a surface to hurt Spanish players. (Only vaguely related thing I said is "every home side chooses a surface disadvantageous to the opponent, and advantageous to themselves").

Second, not everybody is saying that the surface is causing the injuries. It is very possible that that is the case, all I said was that none of the players' injuries have (yet) been attributed to it, and so this is speculation. Is it not also the case that many of these players have been out of action for a while and are thus more injury prone anyway?

That's all. 3 of 8 Players INJURED Due to the Swiss Court!!! is better served saying 3 of 8 Players INJURED on Swiss Court!!! (although I dont know if the injuries even took place on court).

Wawrinka and Nadal (and if you want to include the captain) are injured during practice, not a match. So whenever player resumes practice after a few weeks off at the end of season are thus likely to be injured?

dorkino
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Only one thing comes now to my mind:
If Federer and Nadal happened to play in day one and about 1.25 of these injuries took place, what more bloody debate than this would have been here ? :scared:

ALVARILLO PLEAZE PLEAZE, Would u do all of us a favor and edit the title to

blah blah blah.....ON THE SWISS COURT" instead of Due to Swiss court ?? :hug: :hug: At least until more info comes around.

radics
02-09-2007, 07:43 PM
"3 of 8 Players INJURED Due to the Swiss Court!!!" Is that now true or not?

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM
No, there still arguing about that. I didn't know a word or two in a title could cause so much contreversy

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Btw, like about nadal saying it was dangerous. I did not see this in any english print, that is why someone posted his spanish article and translated. And that was plenty enough. Credible.
Great. That's settled then.

Look, if Spain was hosting the DC against Switzerland and Federer was participating, would they grow grass and build a court on it? Isn't every DC tie played on home grounds played on a surface that would make the opponents most uncomfortable?
I don't think that people here are suggesting that they should pick a surface the opponents will like. Of course they are going to pick a surface that will cause the opponents as much problems as possible.
However, there's a difference between "uncomfortable" and "dangerous".

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Of course they are going to pick a surface that will cause the opponents as much problems as possible.

Yes, there is a difference. And you know, there should be a consensus about what is dangerous and what is just uncomfortable, not just to take one player's words about it and take that as fact.
I am incredulous that the Swiss players are so stupid that despite knowing it is dangerous, they agree to play on it, sacrifice a knee here and there. It seems to me they thought it was just uncomfortable and not dangerous, dont you think?

kobulingam
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
U know everybody gets behind fed when he decidesds to focus on his individual titles, whatever, this was incredibly important to Rafa playing for spain in DC, so much so that he put his health at risk for it. I'm no pshychic so i know i'm not the only one here who forsaw him gettin injured again, But it just seems to me he needs to start doing that, he has gotten injured way too much in the past 3 years. Some one on his staff should have said no. I know his is young and stubburn but, they had to have seen this coming, he was barely out of the AO with an injury again and now he wants to play DC, rediculous.

AO it was left leg. I'm reading this DC injury is right thigh.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh it's injuries all around, for him.

My poor baby, he can't win.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 07:56 PM
AO it was left leg. I'm reading this DC injury is right thigh.

Didn't he say it was his bottoms at the AO?

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM

No that was a joke, you get that right. or were you not serious. ;)

mallorn
02-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Look, if Spain was hosting the DC against Switzerland and Federer was participating, would they grow grass and build a court on it? Isn't every DC tie played on home grounds played on a surface that would make the opponents most uncomfortable??
Of course, what I'm saying is that they focused on the Spaniards so much they look to have jeopardised their own chances and put the players' health in danger.
And I don't know what you mean by Bohli or Ferrer being injured earlier? Injury prone does not mean already injured, btw. It means being in a condition where, all else equal, you are more likely to pick up an injury. This can be because you have been out of competitive tennis for a while and your body takes time to adjust to the sudden increase in movements.
Ah, but what makes you think they were more prone to injuries? Source, please. :p ;)
No, if you have a link that is plenty! That's what I asked. Those words of Ferrer, Nadal (linking to an article) are plenty enough. Where are they? I asked Mallorn, and there was none, but the answer was it is reasonable, plausible, etc to make the conclusion without their words.
Well now you got me all confused - Alvarillo posted Ferrer's and Rafa's words a long time ago, so why did you expect me to provide links? :confused: I'm glad you're satisfied now though. ;)
It was his left buttock and surrounding area, including upper left leg, sorry I can't remember the name of the muscle.

R.Federer
No that was a joke, you get that right. or were you not serious. ;)

;)
I think it was part joke .... his left thigh does end in that famous space there. Who knows how far up his left thigh the strain went?

R.Federer
It was his left buttock and surrounding area, including upper left leg, sorry I can't remember the name of the muscle.

You might be looking for Gluteus Maximus? :D

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Well now you got me all confused - Alvarillo posted Ferrer's and Rafa's words a long time ago, so why did you expect me to provide links? I'm glad you're satisfied now though.
I'm going to lose my mind here. Where?!! I did not see their words, I mean I only saw what they said prior to the injury. That they do not like the surface, he thinks it is dangerous, he is pressing for all ties to be played only on hard, grass, clay. I am still to see what nadal has said after receiving the injury- --how did he get it?

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:06 PM
He didn't say how he got it. why is this an argument. Nobody said that anybody said that it was the fault of the court. some people think it is, you know a lot can be said for deductive reasoning.:)

mallorn
02-09-2007, 08:09 PM
You might be looking for Gluteus Maximus? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maximussimus ;)

In fact it was gluteus and the left isquiotibial, I just checked. :p

I'm going to lose my mind here. Where?!! I did not see their words, I mean I only saw what they said prior to the injury. That they do not like the surface, he thinks it is dangerous, he is pressing for all ties to be played only on hard, grass, clay. I am still to see what nadal has said after receiving the injury- --how did he get it?
Oh ok, now I get it. Alvarillo posted Ferrer's words from after the match (from Spanish TV) and I haven't seen a quote from Rafa after the injury yet, just info that he hurt himself in training.

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't think that people here are suggesting that they should pick a surface the opponents will like. Of course they are going to pick a surface that will cause the opponents as much problems as possible.

I agree. I don't think any players should whine during the DC if the court is too fast or too slow. That includes Rafa for sure. What do they expect? That is one of the aspects of Davis Cup.

As I stated in another thread- to me players should button it and not complain about the speed of a court during DC. That is all part of the home country having home field advantage. I do think, however, that players should be able to voice concerns if they think that a surface is dangerous in terms of causing injuries. Players could play on ice for all I care- as long as the surface was safe and did not cause a much higher percentage of injuries. However, if said ice is playing in a way that is likely to cause more ankle twists and knee problems, etc. than I don't mind if the players voice their opinions.

Peoples
02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
It's a pathetic thread because it you're accusing this common surface for no reason. It's safe. Are the ones who complain idiots or something. The Taraflex that they have there at Palexpo is a very common ATP surface that is in use in Paris Bercy, Kremlin Cup, Basel, Lyon, St.Petersburg etc.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
It's a pathetic thread because it you're accusing this common surface for no reason. It's safe. Are the ones who complain idiots or something. The Taraflex that they have there at Palexpo is a very common ATP surface that is in use in Paris Bercy, Kremlin Cup, Basel, Lyon, St.Petersburg etc.

Thank you PEOPLES!

Thats all I mean. Ordinarily, I dont care. But injuries are very serious matters. Especially if they keep players out of future tournaments. God knows how bad nadal and the other 1.75 players' injuries are. It is not nice to blame that on the Swiss, it sounds accusatory because injuries can have implications for months and months, for money for points. If it wasnt about Switzerland, I would say a few words and leave the thread. Unfortunately, because rafa is involved, I fear to say anything because then of course I am a hater :rolleyes:

MariaV
02-09-2007, 08:13 PM

There were a lot of injuries in Paris, Moscow, St. Petersburg last year, and didn't Fed injure his ankle in Basel training in 2005?
This surface is not good on joints and ligaments.

Castafiore
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I provided a link to that article Alvarillo was quoting from yesterday. You did not see that. Fine.
I posted a link to that particular newspaper in this thead. You did not see that. Fine.
Others posted a link in this very thread (Sondraj posted the link to the AS.com article in Spanish) and you still post this after that:
"Where are they? I asked Mallorn, and there was none

Then you write:
although I dont know if the injuries even took place on court
:confused: It's been reported that the injuries took place on court, not in a match situation but in a training session. Google it if you don't believe me. It's not hard to find.

Are we talking to a wall here? You keep moving the fence and ask for more "evidence" until we say what you want to hear. Is that it?

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM
If a player wants to state that they think that a certain surface is unsafe they very well can do that, you don't have to play on it, it's not safe or unsafe for you. and no matter where they have to play on it, i'm sure there opinion doesn't change because the venue does. good geez

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
and people can accuse a surface of being unsafe
where did this thread go.
now draw a line from letter a to letter b. and so on and so forth until u get to z, now it makes since doesn't it.

Johnny Groove
02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Its a Swiss conspiracy. Neutrality my ass :rolleyes:

yana
02-09-2007, 08:22 PM

how did he get it?

didn't quote yourself an article in which it's said how did he get it? Davis Cup spokesman Marcel Hauck said Nadal had picked up the injury to his right thigh while training on Friday morning.

take a look at this link http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=95493

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
oh back to my investigation skills

Out of room

back when i have the article stating where he got the injury, seeing as how this is so important.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I provided a link to that article Alvarillo was quoting from yesterday. It's been reported that the injuries took place on court, not in a match situation but in a training session. Google it if you don't believe me. It's not easy to find.

Are we talking to a wall here? You keep moving the fence and ask for more "evidence" until we say what you want to hear. Is that it?

Mallorn just said that what Alvarillo posted was prior to the injuries. Is that not correct?

Yes, maybe you should lend your google skills to me because it seems I can only read that rafa was injured during training. I did not see that it was on court, or in the gym or whatever.

By the way, rafa has also injured himself on other surfaces including Grass (Queens), Rebound (Melbourne), Hard (Sydney) and I will look back to see whether he has got injured playing on clay as well. Doesnt sound like surface matters where he is getting injured, does it??

I am not looking for any evidence from you anyway, but rather a reliable source which talks to the point -- which is are the two players' injuries due to surface. That is all. Deductions, implications, guesses, they remain just that.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Hay don't talk about my baby, he's not accident prone, nooo. the world is against him, yes that it. ohhh

Alvarillo
02-09-2007, 08:45 PM
In the same case that there are a lot of types of Greenset courts there are a lot of taraflex courts because maybe Basel ATP and this tie use Taraflex but 100% sure it's not the same surface, for sure!!!!
I've seen a lot Basel's matches and today, and i'm sure.
Also this this taraflex surface is on wood so it's faster and different

dorkino
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
:haha: :haha: @ the thread title.

By the time i wake up tomorrow , it might be :

0.5 25 – 0.25 23 log 3.5 players , captains and fans injured themselves during 在訓練 δικαστήριο :nerner:

Love you Alvarillo :)

mallorn
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Mallorn just said that what Alvarillo posted was prior to the injuries. Is that not correct?
The link was to a quote prior to the injury, Ferrer's comments were after his match.

Yes, maybe you should lend your google skills to me because it seems I can only read that rafa was injured during training. I did not see that it was on court, or in the gym or whatever.

By the way, rafa has also injured himself on other surfaces including Grass (Queens), Rebound (Melbourne), Hard (Sydney) and I will look back to see whether he has got injured playing on clay as well. Doesnt sound like surface matters where he is getting injured, does it??

I am not looking for any evidence from you anyway, but rather a reliable source which talks to the point -- which is are the two players' injuries due to surface. That is all. Deductions, implications, guesses, they remain just that.
Don't make it all about Rafa now. Yes, he gets injured, but he's not the only one who got injured here.

Wawrinka and the Swiss captain were injured on the court during practice, Bohli had a knee (??) problem and Ferrer turned his ankle during the match. Even if Rafa got injured in the gym rather than on the court, which is not very likely but possible, that's still four people having problems on the court. In the space of what, three days.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Don't make it all about Rafa now. Yes, he gets injured, but he's not the only one who got injured here.

I'm not, I wrote:

which is are the two players' injuries due to surface.

because there are two players who have withdrawn (or potentially withdrawn) from the tie, with apparently serious enough injuries.

The others, I do not know the extent of their injuries, and if it is type of hurt that you pick up in some matches in any kind of surface but which does not stop you from playing further.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.mytennis.ch/daviscup/pages/index.cfm?dom=1&frub=1001&id=8929

hopefully this translation is correct but it just says that Nadal hurt himself during training, which I think has been said before. No where could I find any one saying that it was the surface that caused the injuries, but both Warwinka and nadal got there's from practise.

So some think it was a fluke nothing more, some think it was the surface, who cares. can this argument be put to rest.

Stevens Point
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Bohli had a cramp in his leg.

cited from Davis Cup website

In the middle of the third set, there was a moment of shock in the Palexpo Arena. Bohli fell and needed treatment. Fortunately, the bad luck that seems to have settled in Geneva with both number one players, Stanislas Wawrinka and Rafael Nadal, out with injuries, didn't cause any further trouble. "It was just a nervous cramp", Bohli said.

mallorn
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm not
Well you did focus on Rafa being injured on all possible courts. ;)
because there are two players who have withdrawn (or potentially withdrawn) from the tie, with apparently serious enough injuries.
Let's not forget the poor captain:
There was further bad news for the Swiss from the final practice session: Captain Severin Lüthi also got a ligament injury but will at least be able to sit on the chair on the weekend.
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=14013

The others, I do not know the extent of their injuries, and if it is type of hurt that you pick up in some matches in any kind of surface but which does not stop you from playing further.
We're going in circles, aren't we? :p

The players' comments about the surface being dangerous + the sheer number of accidents on the court isn't going to convince you that the court is to do with the injuries. I beg to differ. :shrug:

BTW, RN.com says Rafa is definitely out of the doubles tomorrow and will be examined again on Sunday.

Whistleway
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Palexpo Arena sucks. Swiss Tennis Federation sucks. It is a miracle Roger came from SWI...

nobama
02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Good grief, do people actually think the Swiss were so preoccupied with making things uncomfortable for Nadal and Co. that they unknowingly picked out a dangerous surface that shouldn't be played on? Someone here posted that Wawrinka said it's the same surface that's used in Basel. I don't remember any player referring to Basel's court as dangerous before. :shrug:

MariaV
02-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Good grief, do people actually think the Swiss were so preoccupied with making things uncomfortable for Nadal and Co. that they unknowingly picked out a dangerous surface that shouldn't be played on? Someone here posted that Wawrinka said it's the same surface that's used in Basel. I don't remember any player referring to Basel's court as dangerous before. :shrug:

Didn't Fed sprain/injure his ankle there? ;)
I mean how you define dangerous.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Yes,yes we do. we all think it's a big conspiracy by the swiss to tarnish the hopes and dreams of Rafa Nadal, to injury him forever more, so he can no longer stand in the way of Roger and his complete domination of tennis and grand slams.

Does that sound nice, I'm sure it satisfies the fed brigade

Look just because some people think that the courts are dangerous

I.E two players injured while practising on it

Doesn't mean that we think it was a conspiracy by the swiss nation

A doesn't equal B

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Bohli had a cramp in his leg.

cited from Davis Cup website

But what fraction of the 2.75 did Bohli account for anyway? Like 0.2? :p

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
would you all have a problem with some one saying this court was dangerous if the match had been held in brasil, I mean I don't get it, people can't say that a court is dangerous without people getting heating about it. O.K I don't want to every hear any one say that they think a court is dangerous because it's pure speculation.

Stevens Point
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
But what fraction of the 2.75 did Bohli account for anyway? Like 0.2? :p

and I don't remember how much Baghdatis's cramp vs Agassi in last year's US Open was accounted... :p 0.1 person?? :p

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
would you all have a problem with some one saying this court was dangerous if the match had been held in brasil, I mean I don't get it, people can't say that a court is dangerous without people getting heating about it. O.K I don't want to every hear any one say that they think a court is dangerous because it's pure speculation.

HAHA!!!! I think (hope) you are joking. However, if you are not, then you have missed the point in so many posts of these pages! The issue is not whether someone thinks the surface is dangerous, indeed some players said so in those words, but whether that caused their injury. In fact, I thought you posted something about understanding that when you talked about the thread title.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 09:55 PM
No, I said plenty of time before that I was confused why people were arguing about such a silly issue. some people believe that it was the surface, which is fine because there is evidence to back that up. but there are no reports stating that it is the surface, so once again these 9 pages of arguing seem a little silly.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 10:00 PM
No, I said plenty of time before that I was confused why people were arguing about such a silly issue. some people believe that it was the surface, which is fine because there is evidence to back that up. but there are no reports stating that it is the surface, so once again these 9 pages of arguing seem a little silly.

No. Read your post. You say you dont want anyone to even THINK (you emboldened it, as well) that a court is dangerous because that is speculation. Thus, you have missed the point. It is not speculation about the surface which is at issue. It is speculation about the cause of the injuries which is. This is why the thread title was at issue.

O.K I don't want to every hear any one say that they think a court is dangerous because it's pure speculation. :)

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh well I guess i did miss the point, because the last few pages, are arguing about everything from this qoute and that quote, and yeah i was being sarcastic but about the wrong thing. If your argument was whether the court caused the injury, when i ask what people were arguing about the first time, should said that and here's the answer, for the 3rd time I think, no, no one has said that the court were the cause of the injury. where is the arguement. and again if people want to believe that the court is the cause then fine there is evidence to back that up, if you don't believe it's the cause fine there's no definitive proof that the court was the cause.

Metis
02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
:haha: :haha: @ the thread title.

By the time i wake up tomorrow , it might be :

0.5 25 – 0.25 23 log 3.5 players , captains and fans injured themselves during 在訓練 δικαστήριο :nerner:

Love you Alvarillo :)

:haha: Obviously this surface debate has led to legal battles since players, captains and fans injured themselves in the court house*

*actual meaning of the Greek word in dorkino's post :lol:

dorkino
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Metis
:haha:Obviously this surface debate has led to legal battles since players, captains and fans injured themselves in the court house*

*actual meaning of the Greek word in dorkino's post :lol:

:lol: U've been missed here, Metis.

Metis
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
:lol: U've been missed here, Metis.

:kiss:

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
In other news: "Tennis is now competing with Base Jumping for the title of the world's most dangerous sport."

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
In other news: "Tennis is now competing with Base Jumping for the title of the world's most dangerous sport."

My initial reaction was: :rolls:

But then I thought, what the hell is Base Jumping? :confused:

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
1 out of 1 J'torians finds this thread hilarious. :haha:

:lol:

And how many Swiss dentists believe that the tennis courts are good at preventing tooth decay?

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:16 PM

http://www.skysport.ru/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/ruexp/01-08.JPG

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM

It's jumping with a parachute from a tall structure like a cliff, skyscraper, bridge etc. It's illegal actually, so you either end up dead or in jail.

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you Scarecrows (Genci) and Metis (Marcos Baghdatis). Taraflex does indeed seem to be more hazardous to player health.

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Thank you Scarecrows (Genci) and Metis (Marcos Baghdatis). Taraflex does indeed seem to be more hazardous to player health.

(Marcos Baghdatis) = Metis + (sex change operation) + (visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle) :lol:

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh, are we back on the math again? :lol:

I have always been good at math. :p

sploush
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
(Marcos Baghdatis) = Metis + (sex change operation) + (visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle) :lol:

while you're at it add:

+ quality time with Camille Neviere

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Me too. :banana: Let's take the derivative of your equation as a function of (Marcos Baghdatis). :silly:

Me three :banana:

A Math Joke for the Nerdy (i.e, Math Elite)

A man got onto a bus, screaming "Everybody, GET OUT! Get OUT. Or I will differentiate you! I will integrate you!". Scared, everyone hurried out of the bus. There was only one guy left sitting at the back. The man said "Hey, aren't you worried?? I said Get OUT or I will differentiate you! I will integrate you!". The guy replied "No I am not worried. I am e to the power x".

heh ehehehehhehe (excuse me, while I laugh at my own joke)

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
:eek: Wow.

If his parachute fails to deploy it'll bring a whole new meaning to "Grand SLAM." :help:

shame that after that he cant win the other 3

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Me too. :banana: Let's take the derivative of your equation as a function of (Marcos Baghdatis). :silly:

OK. If we set (Marcos Baghdatis) = x (to save time and space), then the derivative of the equation would be:

1 = d(Metis)/dx + d(sex change operation)/dx + d(visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle)/dx

This is a math problem that will torture scientists for decades.

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM

A man got onto a bus, screaming "Everybody, GET OUT! Get OUT. Or I will differentiate you! I will integrate you!". Scared, everyone hurried out of the bus. There was only one guy left sitting at the back. The man said "Hey, aren't you worried?? I said Get OUT or I will differentiate you! I will integrate you!". The guy replied "No I am not worried. I am e to the power x".

:haha:

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM

Brilliant! :lol:

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
OK. If we set (Marcos Baghdatis) = x (to save time and space), then the derivative of the equation would be:

1 = d(Metis)/dx + d(sex change operation)/dx + d(visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle)/dx

shit, it's been so many years
i have totally forgotten all those :sad:

sploush
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM

not really :)

d(sex change operation)/dx = 0 (x never had one)
d(visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle)/dx = 0 (x is probably greek orthodox, Lourdes doesnt help :) )

so...
Metis = x + Constant

:worship:

sploush
02-09-2007, 11:46 PM
:lol: Everyone in base jumping are just one-slam wonders. :tape:

Lee

:rolls: :haha:

scarecrows
not really :)

d(sex change operation)/dx = 0 (x never had one)
d(visit to Lourdes for a tennis ability improvement miracle)/dx = 0 (x is probably greek orthodox, Lourdes doesnt help :) )

so...
Metis = x + Constant

:worship:

:eek:
that would make Metis a top 10

Lee
02-09-2007, 11:49 PM
:eek: Wow.

If his parachute fails to deploy it'll bring a whole new meaning to "Grand SLAM." :help:

:lol: Everyone in base jumping are just one-slam wonders. :tape:

sploush
02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
:eek:
that would make Metis a top 10

Maybe the Constant = - 10000000:lol:

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:51 PM

I was about to write that the constant could be negative. :lol:

savesthedizzle
02-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

:rolls:

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:52 PM

that would be more likely

Metis
02-09-2007, 11:54 PM
that would be more likely

:armed: :shout:

sploush
02-09-2007, 11:56 PM
:armed: :shout:

maybe -100000000 was mean :o

C = -1500 :angel:

scarecrows
02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Does "x" stand for Xristos? :bolt:

what happens when you add 2 negatives :bolt:

Metis
02-10-2007, 12:00 AM

Metis = -infinity :bigcry:

scarecrows
02-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Metis = -infinity :bigcry:

read well above ;)

there are 2 quotes

sploush
02-10-2007, 12:04 AM

:D

but this cannot happen, because that would mean x is negative and x cannot be negative because x is coupled with Camille :devil:

scarecrows
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM

but this cannot happen, because that would mean x is negative and x cannot be negative because x is coupled with Camille :devil:

J'torian might see it as a negative (aspect) :D

Metis
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
read well above ;)

there are 2 quotes

Exactly, I interpreted your post as x=xristos=negative since you said 2 negatives. :D

scarecrows
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Exactly, I interpreted your post as x=xristos=negative since you said 2 negatives. :D

so there was no Metis in the equation :shrug:

Metis

if x = Marcos then x is not coupled with Camille anymore and is therefore single.

sploush

:D hehe that would have made metis < -100000000 :o

sploush
02-10-2007, 12:10 AM
if x = Marcos then x is not coupled with Camille anymore and is therefore single.
really ? when did this happen?

scarecrows
02-10-2007, 12:11 AM

shit, now we have to start all over again from the beginning :awww:

Metis
02-10-2007, 12:12 AM
so there was no Metis in the equation :shrug:

The ...'solution' to the differential equation was Metis = x + Constant where x = (Marcos Baghdatis)

Although I don't think that the solution is correct from a mathematical standpoint, I decided to go along with it for the sake of the discussion. :p

I told you this math problem would confuse and befuddle scientists for decades. :lol:

Metis
02-10-2007, 12:14 AM
really ? when did this happen?

You have missed a lot of episodes my friend. They broke up almost a year ago.

sploush
02-10-2007, 12:16 AM
You have missed a lot of episodes my friend. They broke up almost a year ago.

:o All the time that I could have been with Camille :eek:, Wasted!!!:mad:

Alvarillo
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
ITF is going to investigate what's happening!!!

A group of experts from the ITF is going to investigate the Swiss Taraflex court after the doubles match.

Kalliopeia
02-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Yep, was just coming here to post that.

Un grupo de expertos evaluarán esta noche, tras el encuentro de dobles, las condiciones de la pista del Palexpo de Ginebra, de 'taraflex', según informó el presidente de la Federación Internacional de Tenis, el italiano Francesco Ricci Bitti.

From http://www.marca.com/marcador/rfsh/copadavis07/dobles.html

The Google translation of that is: A group of experts will evaluate tonight, after the encounter of doubles, the conditions of the track of the Palexpo of Geneva, into “taraflex”, according to informed president into the Federation Internacional into Tennis, the Italian Francesco Ricci Bitti.

yana
02-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks like there is another victim of the "criminal carpet". the number raised to 3.75? Elmundo.es blog says that Chiudinelli asked to get a massage from the Swiss physio after the 4-th set.

"Atención que Chiudinelli se ha lesionado. El fisio suizo le está dando un masaje en la espalda para intentar rebajar el dolor."

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2007/02/copa_davis/suiza_espana_dobles.html

nobama
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks like there is another victim of the "criminal carpet". the number raised to 3. Elmundo.es blog says that Chiudinelli asked to get a massage from the Swiss physio after the 4-th set.

"Atención que Chiudinelli se ha lesionado. El fisio suizo le está dando un masaje en la espalda para intentar rebajar el dolor."

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2007/02/copa_davis/suiza_espana_dobles.html:lol: And that never happens in a long match? Are you sure that is because of the court surface?

yana
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
:lol: And that never happens in a long match? Are you sure that is because of the court surface?

I only count the "victims"...:lol:

Metis
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Looks like there is another victim of the "criminal carpet". the number raised to 3.75? Elmundo.es blog says that Chiudinelli asked to get a massage from the Swiss physio after the 4-th set.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2007/02/copa_davis/suiza_espana_dobles.html

After the tie the "criminal carpet" will be tried at the International Court of Justice in Hague as a weapon of mass destruction.

yana
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
After the tie the "criminal carpet" will be tried at the International Court of Justice in Hague as a weapon of mass destruction.

Sunset of Age
02-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Great one, Metis!

On a more serious note:
I still don't think the injuries are entirely due to the 'criminal carpet', as it's not like no-one's ever played on it before, but it's a good thing it's at least being investigated - if only to be sure about things.
Of course, three/four (lost count I must admit) injured players is a LOT and should indeed be a reason for raised eyebrows - but that still doesn't mean it's entirely due to the surface alone. There's a difference between mere statistical correlation and causal effects.

ASP0315
02-10-2007, 05:56 PM
"criminal carpet." :haha: :haha: we had "criminal Grass" in the past. :lol: Can we see criminal hard courts and criminal clay courts in future.?? :lol:

Anyway ITF should penalize Switzerland for thier poor nature of the surface. Teams can whatever surfaces they like but these kind of surfaces cannot be accepted because players of both teams are getting injured and some them can be career threatening.

nobama
02-10-2007, 06:01 PM
No one yet has determined that the surface was the reason for these injuries.

Sunset of Age
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyway ITF should penalize Switzerland for thier poor nature of the surface. Teams can whatever surfaces they like but these kind of surfaces cannot be accepted because players of both teams are getting injured and some them can be career threatening.

No - one should first await the results of the investigation, if anything. It's still only an assumption that the injuries have anything to do with the surface. Wait for PROOF first!
Besides that, it's not as if this surface has never been played before. Furthermore, the surface was approved of by the Davis Cup TPTB, not?

Too early to draw conclusions yet.

nobama
02-10-2007, 06:13 PM
No - one should first await the results of the investigation, if anything. It's still only an assumption that the injuries have anything to do with the surface. Wait for PROOF first!
Besides that, it's not as if this surface has never been played before. Furthermore, the surface was approved of by the Davis Cup TPTB, not?

Too early to draw conclusions yet.Apparently Wawrinka said it's the same surface used at the Basel tournament.

Sunset of Age
02-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Apparently Wawrinka said it's the same surface used at the Basel tournament.

I've heard that, but I've also read that the surface got a few extra taraflex (or whatever it was) - preparations before the DC tie. Perhaps that could be the cause of the troubles?
Personally I don't think so, but judgement should not be based on what people (including me) think, but on further unbiased investigation. I guess we'll hear about it further if there's something wrong with it.

dorkino
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by J'torian
If his parachute fails to deploy it'll bring a whole new meaning to "Grand SLAM." :retard:

Originally Posted by R.Federer

:haha: :haha: Thanks for the laugh guys. :yeah:

Originally posted by Clara Bow
And how many Swiss dentists believe that the tennis courts are good at preventing tooth decay?

After making complete investigations and taking different samples of the court surface that travelled to different labs in each of Switzerland , Spain and a third "neutral" lab in a different country (which is kept unpublished as authorities there preferred for raising any embarrasement concerning the sensitivity of the issue). :0 It was found that:
1- 12 34 out of 16,00 25 orthopedists claimed the court as benefitial for joints and ligaments ,and recommended frequent playing on it with a limit of 0.25 time/ month.

2- 15 24 out of 30,0035 dentists claimed the court is effective in treating tooth decay with recommendation of daily chewing of 1mm3
of taraflex

10 32 out of 1034 pschyatrists claimed watching matches on such courts is dangerous of grade yellow black :eek:

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
what with all the jokes, I got a little lost, are they actually doing a investigation on the suface?

ASP0315
02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm really enjoying this thread. :lol: You guys got a great sense of humor. :yeah: This funniest threads i have ever seen.

soraya
02-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Good one! who are they going to blame? No Muslim player in the Swiss group.

Johnny Groove
02-11-2007, 05:21 AM

Chair Ump De Janken will be the Judge, while mr. Disney De villiers would be the defender and GWH the prosecutor. The jury would be made up of all the players, a representative of the fraction of a player, along with a magic 8 ball :aplot:

Frufru
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Could this be reason why Nadal got injured ? :devil:
I am sure he is dissapointed he wont take part in this....:sad:

yana
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Could this be reason why Nadal got injured ? :devil:
I am sure he is dissapointed he wont take part in this....:sad:

I'm sure he remember the good old days...

http://www.elperiodico.com/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_177445_CAS.jpg

Stevens Point
02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
ITF is going to investigate what's happening!!!

A group of experts from the ITF is going to investigate the Swiss Taraflex court after the doubles match.

Yep, was just coming here to post that.

From http://www.marca.com/marcador/rfsh/copadavis07/dobles.html

The Google translation of that is: A group of experts will evaluate tonight, after the encounter of doubles, the conditions of the track of the Palexpo of Geneva, into “taraflex”, according to informed president into the Federation Internacional into Tennis, the Italian Francesco Ricci Bitti.
Do we know more on this? I can't find any related articles in English or German.

What did they discover??

Alvarillo
02-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Do we know more on this? I can't find any related articles in English or German.

What did they discover??

No, nothing new

ASP0315
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Wow i wonder what would have happened if Sweden played here instead of Spain. :lol:

Stevens Point
02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I also would like to know why there is no related article in English German and French. I did Google and Yahoo News search in all three languages with some keywords such as ITF, international tennis federation, Francesco Ricci Bitti, Switzerland, Davis Cup, Geneva, Palexpo, and Taraflex in all three languages. No mention on this.

But, why only Spanish media reported this? Did Ricci Bitti only spoke to this Spanish media? If the investigation or Evaluation or whatever it was really took place, there should be a report on this in at least in English, don't you think? or this matter is not too important to them to tell people?

I just want to know the truth if they really examined the surface or not. If so, I want to know what they found out.

I just wait for the further info on this.

Sunset of Age
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I just want to know the truth if they really examined the surface or not. If so, I want to know what they found out.

So do I... and I truly wonder whether we'll ever get more info on this.

sondraj06
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I also would like to know why there is no related article in English German and French. I did Google and Yahoo News search in all three languages with some keywords such as ITF, international tennis federation, Francesco Ricci Bitti, Switzerland, Davis Cup, Geneva, Palexpo, and Taraflex in all three languages. No mention on this.

But, why only Spanish media reported this? Did Ricci Bitti only spoke to this Spanish media? If the investigation or Evaluation or whatever it was really took place, there should be a report on this in at least in English, don't you think? or this matter is not too important to them to tell people?

Because it's a conspiracy, do you know nothing ;)

scoobs
02-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Every year there's at least one tie where "The Surface Is Dangerous™"

This one was the first.

scoobs
02-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Wawrinka is still buried underneath it.

Chiudinelli and Ferrer were playing around it this afternoon.

Stevens Point
02-12-2007, 07:30 AM
I am not interested in whether the court surface was dangerous or not.

I am interested in the fact whether ITF investigated the surface after the doubles match on Saturday as posters Alvarillo and Kalliopeia (with a link to marca.com) told us in this thread. In fact, there is no article on this in English, German, or French. Can anyone confirm this?

Castafiore
02-12-2007, 07:32 AM
^^ Me too. All kidding aside about the killer surface (the joke is getting old, folks), has it been investigated and if so, what are the results?

Eden
02-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Anything new in this case? Did the investigation already took place?

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Anything new in this case? Did the investigation already took place?

The ITF is proud to announce : Nothing.

I'm also eager to hear what their findings are. If it were very obvious it would seem it would not take this long to have some update.

Sunset of Age
02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
The ITF is proud to announce : Nothing.

I'm also eager to hear what their findings are. If it were very obvious it would seem it would not take this long to have some update.

The Dark Side of my mind tells me that we're not going to hear anything about this anymore... :rolleyes:

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 08:27 PM
The Dark Side of my mind tells me that we're not going to hear anything about this anymore... :rolleyes:

They ignored Sweden's complaints :lol: So do you think ITF is going take Spain's complanit serously. ?:lol:

Sunset of Age
02-14-2007, 08:33 PM
They ignored Sweden's complaints :lol: So do you think ITF is going take Spain's complanit serously. ?:lol:

Nay, that's *exactly* what I meant to say! ;)

scoobs
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
All a great fuss over nothing.

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 08:41 PM

You make it sound like Spain is nobody in the world of tennis. Do you know how many of the Top 25 are from Spain itself? If the ITF does not take Spain seriously then best of luck to most of the rest of the world :lol:

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 09:33 PM
You make it sound like Spain is nobody in the world of tennis. Do you know how many of the Top 25 are from Spain itself? If the ITF does not take Spain seriously then best of luck to most of the rest of the world :lol:

So you want Spain to be given a celebrity treatment beacuse they got many top 25 players in the world?? :lol:

Stevens Point
02-14-2007, 09:45 PM

I would say the investigation never took place.. (and I am beginning to think it was never going to happen.) Come on, there is no article on this except this Spanish livescore site Kalliopeia gave (and I think Alvarillo saw that there as well) ...

If someone can find an article in the language we use here, please post it here. Thanks in advance. :)

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
So you think that Sweden is more important than Spain to ITF, that's why ignoring Sweden means they must ignore Spain? :lol:

They ignored Sweden's complaints So do you think ITF is going take Spain's complanit serously. ?

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 09:49 PM
So you want Spain to be given a celebrity treatment beacuse they got many top 25 players in the world?? :lol:

Want? Where did you see that I wanted this? :lol: False attribution.

Did you not know that top players are listened to more than the lower ranked players? Is that why Mr Disney has a conference with the nobodies like Safin, Roddick, Federer, Fadal to consult about ATP changes, but leaves out poor Dlouhy and Hernandez and others? You must be living in some other world. :lol:

Castafiore
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I read an article (on Eurosport), saying that Ricci asked a team of specialists from the university of Sheffield to investigate the surface, to check out the surface (does the wood have the right sort of thickness, all within standards,...?):shrug:

However, as far as I can tell, the examination is part of a study on various surfaces to try and keep the conditions of certain surfaces within certain standards. They want to get more uniform standards as far as the different tennis surfaces are concerned, which is harder to achieve with surfaces like Taraflex or rebound ace.

Sunset of Age
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I would say the investigation never took place.. (and I am beginning to think it was never going to happen.) Come on, there is no article on this except this Spanish livescore site Kalliopeia gave (and I think Alvarillo saw that there as well) ...

That's what I meant when I said "The Dark Side of my Mind..." ;)

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 09:55 PM
So you think that Sweden is more important than Spain to ITF, that's why ignoring Sweden means they must ignore Spain? :lol:

ITF did even bother about the complains made by Sweden that means realistically speaking they will ignore the complains made by Spain.(ITF's Davis Cup rules and regulations will come under scrutiny if they do that.)

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Want? Where did you see that I wanted this? :lol: False attribution.

Did you not know that top players are listened to more than the lower ranked players? Is that why Mr Disney has a conference with the nobodies like Safin, Roddick, Federer, Fadal to consult about ATP changes, but leaves out poor Dlouhy and Hernandez and others? You must be living in some other world. :lol:

Those ATP changes will be falling anyway.(Already two of those 13 planned events cancelled the RR Format.) Plus those "nobodies" like safin,Roddick,Federer etc did not enter RR events.:lol:
Plus some players are enjoying tanking matches and advancing into the next round.:lol: So those players outside top 100 will support these changes but players in Top 10(as you termed them as "nobodies" will not support RR format.) :lol:

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 10:14 PM
So those players outside top 100 will support these changes but players in Top 10(as you termed them as "nobodies" will not support RR format.) :lol:

It sounds like you are completely uninformed on this matter in that case.

Do you know the position that Nadal, Safin and Roddick have on RR, and exactly what they have said? This is a position that Federer agreed with them on initially, and has only voiced his stance against it recently (ie, late last year). Pull up the thread on "players opinions on RR" and you can learn about the matter, including the actual quotes they have made about RR. "Top 10 not supporting RR format" LOL, ... you need to read up on the facts.