Fed fears fans like him only because of record [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed fears fans like him only because of record

Tennis Fool
02-09-2007, 02:01 AM
I didn't see this posted yet...sorry if it has.

Roger Federer Worried Fans Only Like Him For His Tennis Record
February 1, 2007 | | Onion Sports

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA—Following Roger Federer's straight-set victory last Sunday against Fernando Gonzalez at this year's Australian Open, the 10-time Grand Slam winner complained to reporters that fans only like him because of his outstanding record on the tennis court, not his personality. "Sometimes, I have to ask myself: If I weren't the number-one ranked player in the world, would I be getting all this attention?" said Federer, who admitted that he would rather hear the cheers of thousands after telling one of his "signature jokes" instead of after a crosscourt winner. "People don't know, but I'm a pretty fun, normal guy. In between practicing for tennis, thinking about tennis, and playing tennis, I like to eat meals, sometimes with somebody." Federer added that in order to bring his personality to the forefront, he plans on "torching the field" at this year's Wimbledon while wearing an "eclectic, slightly different shade of white."

The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.
© Copyright 2007 Onion Inc. All rights reserved.

atheneglaukopis
02-09-2007, 02:05 AM
I didn't see this posted yet...sorry if it has.

Roger Federer Worried Fans Only Like Him For His Tennis Record
February 1, 2007 | | Onion Sports

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA—Following Roger Federer's straight-set victory last Sunday against Fernando Gonzalez at this year's Australian Open, the 10-time Grand Slam winner complained to reporters that fans only like him because of his outstanding record on the tennis court, not his personality. "Sometimes, I have to ask myself: If I weren't the number-one ranked player in the world, would I be getting all this attention?" said Federer, who admitted that he would rather hear the cheers of thousands after telling one of his "signature jokes" instead of after a crosscourt winner. "People don't know, but I'm a pretty fun, normal guy. In between practicing for tennis, thinking about tennis, and playing tennis, I like to eat meals, sometimes with somebody." Federer added that in order to bring his personality to the forefront, he plans on "torching the field" at this year's Wimbledon while wearing an "eclectic, slightly different shade of white."

The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.
© Copyright 2007 Onion Inc. All rights reserved.I LOVE the Onion. "eclectic, slightly different shade of white." :rolls:

Johnny Groove
02-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Onion :yeah:

~EMiLiTA~
02-09-2007, 04:38 AM
hahaha yeah the Onion is great...thanks for that :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
02-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Looks like Rafa's having his own problems. :awww:
Spain Vows Eternal Vigilance In War On Bulls
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30771

Alexandy
02-09-2007, 05:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

robinhood
02-09-2007, 05:50 AM
:haha:

Flibbertigibbet
02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
The Onion is genius - if only I could write for it someday...

General Suburbia
02-09-2007, 06:08 AM
It took me about 10 seconds till I realized where it was from. Until then, I was just, "wtf?"

R.Federer
02-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Fed, Fed, Fed..... got it all wrong. The only reason people hate you is because of all your records.

case
02-09-2007, 06:19 AM
a normal guy off court? :haha:isn't he a fan of ACDC??????????????:haha:

jazar
02-09-2007, 07:54 AM
he gets attention, cos unlike most of the rest of the top 10 he actually has a personality to go along with all his success

Sunset of Age
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
The Onion, great as ever...

€Stah
02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
No one would like him if he had a Berlocq-like record.

sondraj06
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
oh I can never tell when he's joking any way.

Fedever
02-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Complete bullshit! I don't believe a word of this!