Which cities should host future Tennis Masters Cups? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which cities should host future Tennis Masters Cups?

JennyS
03-25-2004, 09:24 PM
What are some cities you'd like to see host the Tennis Masters Cup in the future? I think it should be played in Buenos Aires or another city in South America.

Action Jackson
03-26-2004, 04:05 AM
This was discussed before about the idea of rotating the venue and surface of the TMC.

Here is the link to that thread http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8459&highlight=Rotate

As for cities that depends if it's held outdoors or indoors. I don't care as long as it's away from Houston and get it's rotated throughout the continents.

IceIceBaby
03-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Sydney.

It's always fun to put the players in a plane and drag them half way across the globe.

sigmagirl91
03-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Anywhere but Houston.

CmonAussie
03-26-2004, 01:06 PM
I like to see Asian cities host the Masters Cup because there are no Slams or TMS in Asia yet the continent is obviously vital to the growth of the sport... America has far too many of the biggish tournaments & Europe has most of the major clay tournaments a few Indoor TMS & two Slams, then Australia has AO.

* Definitely I believe the Masters Cup should either be in Asia or othewise in South America-->> as both these continents represent a large portion of Tennis fans yet there are no significant tournaments on either Continent!

(@-@) Cities I'd like to see get TMC: Bangkok, Tokyo, Osaka, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai(it was a success 1st time), Rio De Janiro(spectacular setting), or Mexico City(not quite another continent but better than Houston).

Just look at the success of soccer(sorry football) in Japan, Korea, & China after the World Cup was staged there two years ago^ it literally began a multi-billion dollar boom in Asia & although Tennis may not gather quite the same investment atleast having TMC there would help ensure the future of the sport financially(interest by major sponsors, TV rights etc...)!

~^^~ I've got a hunch that TMC will return to Shanghai in 05, because Mark Miles mentioned something off the cuff; gee wouldn't Mattress Mac be mad if he lost his precious Masters after only 2-years#%^$!*.

davor_suker
03-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I think a Central/Eastern European city would be an ideal setting for TMC. These cities are fantastic, and should not be overlooked. Cities such as Prague, Zagreb and Warsaw are all amazing cities and would be ideal for such an event.

Domino
03-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Durban, South Africa.

davor_suker
03-27-2004, 09:13 AM
South Africa is too unsafe

Vass
03-27-2004, 09:21 AM
How about Dubai? Is safe, is the place where one of the best tournaments is held and stuff like that.

Domino
03-27-2004, 09:31 AM
South Africa is too unsafe
For anyone who doesn't know, there is a fierce rivalry between South Africans and Australians that causes them to hate each other.

South Africa is certainly not too unsafe. Anyways, might as well hold the MC in a region that doesn't even have a tournament, so as to have some kind way to promote the sport there.

davor_suker
03-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Its a fact that South Africa is unsafe...hence the huge emigration rate, and btw, many south africans come here, to australia, for a BETTER life :D

Domino
03-27-2004, 10:42 AM
New York is Unsafe, Cincinnati is unsafe, Miami is unsafe...in the wrong parts. Durban is a high-class city that, in the right places, has no crime. Btw, they are not leaving for a better life, they are leaving because they can't get jobs. I am not racist, but it because of a period of Affirmative action going on there. More friggin people die in the U.S. every year than in South Africa, so I see no reason not to hold the MC there.

sam
03-27-2004, 01:13 PM
London! But that's just me being selfish!

-wokkel-
03-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Rotterdam, it;s a great tournament

star
03-27-2004, 01:28 PM
What are some cities you'd like to see host the Tennis Masters Cup in the future? I think it should be played in Buenos Aires or another city in South America.

Any place where they can play outdoors.

Brazil would be fabulous. Sao Paulo or Rio or Bahia.

Buenos Aries. Santiago. Vina del Mar.

South Africa would be cool.... putting a tournament in Africa would be amazing.

star
03-27-2004, 01:31 PM
I just read C.A's post.

Mexico would be a good place, but I think the players would have a lot of trouble with the altitude in Mexico City. It is around 6,000 feet. Acupulco would probably be better.

davor_suker
03-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Hmmm you have a point Domino, but if it were to be in South Africa, i would have to say Cape Town.
i still believe central/eastern europe would be ideal.