"Davis Cup: Czech rep-USA" Who will win? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"Davis Cup: Czech rep-USA" Who will win?

Midnight Express
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Am I the only one pumped up by upcoming DC clashes?

The scenario:
Minar will beat A-Rodd 3:0
Berdienator will eat Mr.too-late-to-rock&roll Blake 3:1

Dlouhy/Vizner will kick out drunk Bryans that will be drinking with us on Friday night 3:2

The Sunday's matches I am not interested in.

I will be there, so for you that don't know me, I will be the one showing my naked butt and throwing bananas on Roddick! Is he the "afro-american one"?
I am half way black, so I can make rasist talk, I will be booo-ing on Roddick too...Blake is quite OKi for me, this guy has no chance against Berdman-DCup-robot!
The court will be slower than Karlovic movement on clay court!May be Davanport is slower, fine so slower than her..The servise area will be full of glue...WE WILL WIN,BOOKIES HAVE TO BE CRAZY, ODDS ARE @3.2!!

Czech republic - USA 5:0!!!

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

You're crazy :worship: :worship: :worship:

It's very close TIE ,
3-2 or 2-3 Score most possible

Andy will beat Minar in 4
Tomas will beat Blake in 4
Bryans will beat Czech doubles in 3

and I don't want to predict 2 other matches because they can go in both directions

jazar
02-08-2007, 02:01 PM
andy will easily beat minar
blake will beat berdych in a 5 set thriller
dlouhy and vizner will beat the bryans in 4.
and then the usa will win the reverse singles.

4-1 USA

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Im excited
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/dance011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
I say the US wins 3-2

qczi
02-08-2007, 02:12 PM
usa 4-1

berdych wins a single and that's all folks

kaylee
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
oh boy pessimists! I say 5-0 whitewash to USA!

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I say 5-0 whitewash to USA!

I hope so that would kick ass:bounce:

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I feel that Andy will win both singles :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I really can't make the Czechs out...why are they playing Minar in singles? I would have thought that (a) Dlouhy would be the better candidate given that he is the better clay player (?) [despite being a complete nut job] (b) it would be risky to play Minar given that he has felt ill the past week. Maybe I'm overlooking something? :scratch:

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Berdych won't be losing any singles ties this weekend.

adee-gee
02-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I really can't make the Czechs out...why are they playing Minar in singles? I would have thought that (a) Dlouhy would be the better candidate given that he is the better clay player (?) [despite being a complete nut job] (b) it would be risky to play Minar given that he has felt ill the past week. Maybe I'm overlooking something? :scratch:
I'm with you on this :scratch:

Yappa
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I expect an american victory on clay.

Berdych might win both of his single matches, but will still lose with his team as he already did two years ago against Germany.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Yeah I don't get it either:shrug:
Im sure that Dlouhy will end up playing at least one of the singles

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm with you on this :scratch:

The Czechs expect Dlouhy/Vizner to win the doubles in the mud.

As rubbish as Minar is, it's always fun seeing the water buffalo struggling on clay.

adee-gee
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
The Czechs expect Dlouhy/Vizner to win the doubles in the mud.

As rubbish as Minar is, it's always fun seeing the water buffalo struggling on clay.
The Czechs are deluded then....they should tank the doubles and try to get 3 points from singles.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
The Czechs are deluded then....they should tank the doubles and try to get 3 points from singles.

Yeah they should

*Viva Chile*
02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
3-2 or 2-3 I don't know really :shrug:

I prefer USA to win this time (and I want a Chile/USA final in Chile :angel: )

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Dlouhy/Vizner can actually play doubles and aren't hack teams just to fill in the numbers.

It won't matter as it will come down to a 5th match and Minar won't be playing.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
USA will win 3-2

adee-gee
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Dlouhy/Vizner can actually play doubles and aren't hack teams just to fill in the numbers.

It won't matter as it will come down to a 5th match and Minar won't be playing.
I know they're decent, but the Bryan's are still strong favourites against them....as bad as Roddick is on clay, he should wipe the floor with Minar. If he was playing Dlouhy, I'd suggest it would be an extremely dangerous match for him.

Poor choice if you ask me :shrug:

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I know they're decent, but the Bryan's are still strong favourites against them....as bad as Roddick is on clay, he should wipe the floor with Minar. If he was playing Dlouhy, I'd suggest it would be an extremely dangerous match for him.

Poor choice if you ask me :shrug:

Ever thought Dlouhy might not be fit enough to play 3 days in a row? With this being said, what's to say Minar couldn't be like Vlad a DC warrior at home.

Roddick moving on a mud court is funny and he has lost to worse players than Minar. This being said and it's 2-2 in the 4th match, then Dlouhy has to play.

GlennMirnyi
02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
The Americans winning on clay? :lol:

That will happen only if the Czech captain mess up with the picks.

joeb_uk
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
4-1 Usa. No chance of a czech win at all.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM

:rolleyes:

RickDaStick
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Not a bad idea giving Minar a shot on day 1. Worst case scenerio for them is 2-2 going into the final rubber with a rested Dlouhy playing vs Blake.

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I really don't see why people are tipping 5th rubber...care to enlighten me? :scratch:

Jimnik
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Haha, I love reading all the dillusional crap in this thread. It will make Birdbrain's defeat more enjoyable.

RickDaStick
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I really don't see why people are tipping 5th rubber...care to enlighten me? :scratch:

there is no chance for the US to beat Berdych in the singles. Only way this doesnt go 5 is if Minar beats Roddick tomorrow.

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:33 PM

You really can't see it? Berdych wins 2 of his matches, then what happens more than likely.

Merton
02-08-2007, 03:34 PM

It is simple, Dlouhy will also play the doubles so it makes sense to have him relatively more rested in case it comes to a fifth live rubber. By the way, Navratil is an excellent coach.

RickDaStick
Haha, I love reading all the dillusional crap in this thread. It will make Birdbrain's defeat more enjoyable.

Whats so dillusional about Berdych beating 2 clay court clowns in his own country on clay?

GlennMirnyi
:rolleyes:

Will you be here if Roddick loses to Minar? :lol:

Turn the lights on, then. Maybe you'll see. :p

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Roddick won't beat Berdman, but if Blake paints the lines (as he is capable of doing), he can beat Berdych.

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Turn the lights on, then. Maybe you'll see. :p

Bastardo :ras:

:wavey:

shotgun
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I think it's pretty uncertain, Roddick against Minar and the Bryans are favourites, as is Berdych in his two singles matches. I believe it will go down to the fifth rubber.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Will you be here if Roddick loses to Minar? :lol:

Yes:p

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM

You have little right calling someone delusional. You are the one who thinks Roddick can play on clay and the US and the Aussies had chances in their DC semis last year.

Have you see Berdman's DC record? He has his personal coach as DC captain, he can play on the surface. Everything in his favour, so the delusional one isn't me.

GlennMirnyi
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Bastardo :ras:

That's soooo cute of you. :hug:

If Thunder lips were there it would be 4-1 easy. As he's not, it will be 3-2. Berdych almost defeated Nadal on clay... you really think he won't defeat two clay court clowns?

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Roddick won't beat Berdman, but if Blake paints the lines (as he is capable of doing), he can beat Berdych.

I agree Blakes game matches up well against Berdychs
even if it is clay

Jimnik
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
You have little right calling someone delusional. You are the one who thinks Roddick can play on clay and the US and the Aussies had chances in their DC semis last year.

Have you see Berdman's DC record? He has his personal coach as DC captain, he can play on the surface. Everything in his favour, so the delusional one isn't me.
Honestly, I don't think Roddick will beat Berdych (obviously). But I think he has a better chance than Minar.

If people are allowed to think that Minar can beat Roddick, why am I not allowed the possibility of Blake beating Berdych?

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
even if it is clay

This is not a regular ATP event, this is different.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Honestly, I don't think Roddick is the favourite against Berdych (obviously). But I think he has a better chance than Minar.

If people are allowed to think that Minar can beat Roddick, why am I not allowed the possibility of Berdych losing to Blake?

Your allowed it:)

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
That's soooo cute of you. :hug:

If Thunder lips were there it would be 4-1 easy. As he's not, it will be 3-2. Berdych almost defeated Nadal on clay... you really think he won't defeat two clay court clowns?

Nadal plays a totally different game to Blake...Blake can take the fight to Berdman if he plays his own game and does it well. Obviously, he can just as easily hit 4 feet long in most rallies and get trashed. I really wouldn't say Berdman is certain of winning, although I admit he is more than likely to.

So yeah, I can see where you're going with the 2/2 thing...even though I don't necessarily agree, and I know you like that :aplot:

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Honestly, I don't think Roddick will beat Berdych (obviously). But I think he has a better chance than Minar.

If people are allowed to think that Minar can beat Roddick, why am I not allowed the possibility of Blake beating Berdych?

Most people don't think Minar will win, cause if they did, then the Czechs would be home 3-1.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
This is not a regular ATP event, this is different.

I agree and James is well James*sigh* but I do think he has a chance perhaps slim but still there

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
even if it is clay

OMG Someone sees sense! :eek: I must have :smoke: something strong...

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Nadal plays a totally different game to Blake...Blake can take the fight to Berdman if he plays his own game and does it well. Obviously, he can just as easily hit 4 feet long in most rallies and get trashed. I really wouldn't say Berdman is certain of winning, although I admit he is more than likely to.

So Blake is going to hit massive amounts of winners on the mud is he? It will be slow that even Berdych will be able to get more balls back.

Berdman lifts his game when he plays for his country, something that shouldn't be forgotten.

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Blake beats Berdych on clay in front of his own people, then you may have a case.

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Or you could have had a few to many http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink048.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Blake beats Berdych on clay in front of his own people, then you may have a case.

Yankees wouldn't be stupid enough to host a DC tie on clay at home, and Berdych would be a :retard: if he turns up to play in Houston

Regenbogen
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I expect Berdych to win both his matches, but I'd still give the US the edge, 3-2.

Horatio Caine
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Or you could have had a few to many http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink048.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Nope, did that last week and boy do I remember how crap I felt the next day :tape: :o

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
So Blake is going to hit massive amounts of winners on the mud is he? It will be slow that even Berdych will be able to get more balls back.

Berdman lifts his game when he plays for his country, something that shouldn't be forgotten.

yeah but still clay is not the best surface for Berdych because it effect Tomas game as well his serve and shots would have no pace as he hits flat and both Andy and James are better movers than Berdych so they will be albe to reach more shots than Berdych will be able to reach , I am not saying that they will win but Berdych is not clay court monster I would even say that he his game doesn't suits clay clay at all even Andy's game suits it's better because Andy uses more spin on forehand than Berdych. I still see Berdych as a favourite for several reason, but if Blake keeps his head cool he can make an upset also he is 2-0 against Berdych which will give him some confidence

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Nope, did that last week and boy do I remember how crap I felt the next day :tape: :o

That feeling sucks

Loremaster

I am second to agree with you :worship:

Action Jackson
Yankees wouldn't be stupid enough to host a DC tie on clay at home, and Berdych would be a :retard: if he turns up to play in Houston

Every match they have played the conditions have been even or in Blake's favour. This one isn't. If he wins under these circumstances, then we have a very good match up for Blake

Blake hasn't always come through in the big matches, has he?

GlennMirnyi
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Maybe because Roddick has lost to a big number of no-ones on clay? Sargsian, Mutis, Tursunov, Haas (the same that lost to Udomchoke on clay last year), Arthurs, Boutter...

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
That feeling sucks

Yeah it always sucks day after party :wavey:

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
yeah but still clay is not the best surface for Berdych because it effect Tomas game as well his serve and shots would have no pace as he hits flat and both Andy and James are better movers than Berdych so they will be albe to reach more shots than Berdych will be able to reach , I am not saying that they will win but Berdych is not clay court monster I would even say that he his game doesn't suits clay clay at all even Andy's game suits it's better because Andy uses more spin on forehand than Berdych. I still see Berdych as a favourite for several reason, but if Blake keeps his head cool he can make an upset also he is 2-0 against Berdych which will give him some confidence

Berdych grew up on clay and unlike Roddick and Blake, he knows how to move on the surface which is a key thing, but that has slipped your mind. Not his best surface, but clay doesn't scare him at all.

Blake has come up short in many big matches, if he hadn't, then he'd have done better in Slams or won other events besides MM ones and he lost a 2 sets to 0 at home in DC.

Roddick would dream to move as well as Berdych on clay.

Deboogle!.
02-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Novel concept... stop bickering and insulting each other and just wait and see what happens? :scratch:

jeahhh!
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Davis cup always reminds me how much I love the Bryan's they are nice and reliable

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Berdych grew up on clay and unlike Roddick and Blake, he knows how to move on the surface which is a key thing, but that has slipped your mind. Not his best surface, but clay doesn't scare him at all.

Blake has come up short in many big matches, if he hadn't, then he'd have done better in Slams or won other events besides MM ones and he lost a 2 sets to 0 at home in DC.

Roddick would dream to move as well as Berdych on clay.

since 2002 Roddick has 41-23 record on clay (without two matches in which he RET early ) winning title in Europe and Reaching SF of TMS Rome, QF of TMS Rome and winning few Houston titles . On clay he won with Louis Horna(2x) Albert Costa , Olivier Rochus, N. Davydenko, , F. Gonzalez, G.Coria, T. Robredo all of them I consider better Claycourt players than Tomas Berdych.
Since 2005 Berdych record on clay is 29-20( with some good wins and also bad loses like Llodra (winning 3 games on clay against Llodra or also bad lose agains Seppi ) so he is not as good on clay.

RickDaStick
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
since 2002 Roddick has 41-23 record on clay (without two matches in which he RET early ) winning title in Europe and Reaching SF of TMS Rome, QF of TMS Rome and winning few Houston titles . On clay he won with Louis Horna(2x) Albert Costa , Olivier Rochus, N. Davydenko, , F. Gonzalez, G.Coria, T. Robredo all of them I consider better Claycourt players than Tomas Berdych.
Since 2005 Berdych record on clay is 29-20( with some good wins and also bad loses like Llodra (winning 3 games on clay against Llodra or also bad lose agains Seppi ) so he is not as good on clay.

Do you think Blake will won both singles matches this weekend? You said he is a big stage player so no reason for him to lose this weekend right?

Merton
02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Overall the US should be considered a slight favourite: The probability of Blake winning against Berdych looks higher than the probability of an upset in the doubles, so it is more likely that before the 5th match the score will be in the US favour rather than the Czech. However, it still looks to me that the most likely outcome will be to come to a live fifth match. Then James' history on tight situations might very well come into play.

Novel concept... stop bickering and insulting each other and just wait and see what happens? :scratch:

This is too novel a concept :nerner:

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Do you think Blake will won both singles matches this weekend? You said he is a big stage player so no reason for him to lose this weekend right?

No I think he has chance to beat Berdych , I haven't said that he is big stage player but he moves great and is 2-0 against Berdych.

RickDaStick
02-08-2007, 04:25 PM
No I think he has chance to beat Berdych , I haven't said that he is big stage player but he moves great and is 2-0 against Berdych.

well not today but you did say it awhile ago.

Klaas_nalbandian
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
1-4 , it would have been closer with radek in the team I guess

valexie03
02-08-2007, 04:43 PM

I concur :angel: and hope the czech team wins :kiss:

Midnight Express
02-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Well, I have just read kind of all written here and I don't know why the "world" don't understand Minar nomination, he is tricky player, never forget his great match against FedEx in Dubai, he has nothing to lose, no presure on him like on Zib in his DC's matches against Germany, plus European clay and Amies goes together like cocaine and pope (I hope he aint snuffing), next factor is the court, the man and his crew that prepare it are magicians!It will be dirty slow, would be faster to play it on desert!
Berdinator once mention that he hates to play Blake and Gonzo coz theirs agressive-attack game!But I don't think James can adapt to clay in such a little time, he had like 2 days?
Of corse we will leave doubles away, there is no chance even with Damm..those bryans are mutants.
For Minar it will be easier to beat A-Rodd than Blake, clay is James' worst surface, he did bad in DC recently ...Berdman will win both matches and Minar one, probably tomorrow one!

GlennMirnyi
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Dlouhy will win the fifth rubber.

yakuzaninja
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I expect Andy to beat Minar, and then the pressure's on Berdych to level it against Blake, which could work advantageously for the US. Hopefully James could take his opportunity.

Doubles ought to be comfortable for Bob n Mike.

adee-gee
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Ever thought Dlouhy might not be fit enough to play 3 days in a row? With this being said, what's to say Minar couldn't be like Vlad a DC warrior at home.

Roddick moving on a mud court is funny and he has lost to worse players than Minar. This being said and it's 2-2 in the 4th match, then Dlouhy has to play.
Lukas is a fit boy, his Aussie Open win over Gabashvili is proof enough :p

Anyway, if I was captain Dlouhy wouldn't be playing doubles, so he'd only play twice. I'd stick Minar in for doubles.

For the record, I think losing to Minar would be one of Andy's worst ever defeats, I can't think of too many worse players he's lost to.

Denise
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
3-2 for Usa :p

Winston's Human
02-08-2007, 05:30 PM
3-2 USA

Berdych winning both of his singles ties.

LilyRoseAva
02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
i want a spain/czech republic in quarter

nadal berdych hehe

Julio1974
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM

Lately, I'm agreeing too much with you. This is getting scary :haha:

But I don't the Czech losing this tie...

DrJules
02-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Lack of depth will cost the Czech team.

Expect USA win 3-2.

Beyond Berdych cannot see a Czech player winning a match.

DrJules
02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Every match they have played the conditions have been even or in Blake's favour. This one isn't. If he wins under these circumstances, then we have a very good match up for Blake

Blake hasn't always come through in the big matches, has he?

At least Berdych will not have to face the rowdy, boorish and uncivilised J-Block like he did at the US Open.

RickDaStick
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
At least Berdych will not have to face the rowdy, boorish and uncivilised J-Block like he did at the US Open.

Those morons are also some of the biggest nerds i have ever seen.

mangoes
02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm going to go with 3-2 USA. I have a feeling Berdych will not lose his singles - (When I want Berdych to win, he loses; When I want him to lose, he wins). I think the Bryan Brothers will win their rubber..............Of course, my expectations take into account that Blake will win at least one of his Rubbers.....

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 10:08 PM

So he has won most of his matches on clay in the US. Yes, beating a has been Albert Costa is a good win and as for Boredo & Davydenko , he can beat them anywhere, it's a match up issue. He has done nothing in Europe that's where it counts on clay, since Rome 2002 and St. Pölten doesn't count as a big tournament.

Seppi can play on clay you clown and Roddick has lost to Sargsian, Mutis, Tursunov who only won 2 clay matches for the 1st time in a season last season, Haas and Arthurs, these are huge giants of the clay game.

Berdman will have more problems with Blake then he would Roddick. Even then he isn't going to lose. So has Roddick made a 4th round of RG has he? Don't be hiding behind numbers when you aren't looking at the level of opposition that they played.

scarecrows
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Dlouhy will win the fifth rubber.

what this guy said

Corey Feldman
02-08-2007, 11:51 PM
the yanks

Chileno
02-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Vamos USA!

Havok
02-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Usa 4-1

Jlee
02-09-2007, 03:10 AM
3-2 USA. Berdych can sneak out at least one win, and the Americans will lose another just because it's clay. :lol:

Björki
02-09-2007, 05:49 AM
of course I wanted to pick USA 3-2 not the Czech :lol:

Loremaster
02-09-2007, 06:47 AM
well not today but you did say it awhile ago.

No I haven't I only said that he is better big stage player than Ljubo, not that he is very good big stage player, because both of them sucks in big events Ivan had his glory when he win DC(but still in final choked on his favourite surface against Hrbaty) Blake made TMC final (and when you look at fast runner ups of TMC list is awesome, but he also played without any confidence ) But James blake has better Slams record (even if it is also pretty bad ) than Ivan that's why I saidn that he is better big stage player

Loremaster
02-09-2007, 06:56 AM
So he has won most of his matches on clay in the US. Yes, beating a has been Albert Costa is a good win and as for Boredo & Davydenko , he can beat them anywhere, it's a match up issue. He has done nothing in Europe that's where it counts on clay, since Rome 2002 and St. Pölten doesn't count as a big tournament.

Seppi can play on clay you clown and Roddick has lost to Sargsian, Mutis, Tursunov who only won 2 clay matches for the 1st time in a season last season, Haas and Arthurs, these are huge giants of the clay game.

Berdman will have more problems with Blake then he would Roddick. Even then he isn't going to lose. So has Roddick made a 4th round of RG has he? Don't be hiding behind numbers when you aren't looking at the level of opposition that they played.

For me it is clear SF and QF of TMS and Winning of St. Poelten is good enough for Andy, his game is just not suited to clay. And he has won ,matches with much better claycourters than Berdych also he was losing to much worse but the same is with Berdych. And has was Andy nemezis Andy lost to him something like 4 first meetings. A we could talk about bad loses like Arthurs or Mutis but NOTHING, NOTHING is worse than losing to Llodra on slow clay winning 3 games:rolleyes:
And if you think that level of opposition in many tournaments Tomas played was so much better ??
Anyway as I said Berdych is favourite but I wouldn't take his win over andy for granted. Andy has a shot

Action Jackson
02-09-2007, 11:31 AM
No I haven't I only said that he is better big stage player than Ljubo, not that he is very good big stage player, because both of them sucks in big events Ivan had his glory when he win DC(but still in final choked on his favourite surface against Hrbaty) Blake made TMC final (and when you look at fast runner ups of TMC list is awesome, but he also played without any confidence ) But James blake has better Slams record (even if it is also pretty bad ) than Ivan that's why I saidn that he is better big stage player

When has Blake made a GS semi final?

Deivid23
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Czechs 3-2

Action Jackson
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
For me it is clear SF and QF of TMS and Winning of St. Poelten is good enough for Andy, his game is just not suited to clay. And he has won ,matches with much better claycourters than Berdych also he was losing to much worse but the same is with Berdych. And has was Andy nemezis Andy lost to him something like 4 first meetings. A we could talk about bad loses like Arthurs or Mutis but NOTHING, NOTHING is worse than losing to Llodra on slow clay winning 3 games:rolleyes:
And if you think that level of opposition in many tournaments Tomas played was so much better ??
Anyway as I said Berdych is favourite but I wouldn't take his win over andy for granted. Andy has a shot

You make me laugh. St. Pölten was a challenger field when Roddick won it, but he has done nothing on clay since 2002. Yes, that is a few years ago, time to stop living off past memories and Houston victories.

Llodra made the 4th round of RG, but I am not surprised that you missed that. Losing to Mutis, Sargisian and Massu in Hamburg at a time when Massu couldn't hit a ball in court for 3 months.

Of course fanboy, lets forget that Berdych defeated Haas and Kiefer something Roddick couldn't do on a claycourt within 2 days. He couldn't even beat Tursunov on that surface.

If you want to disregard the level of competition, well Berdych doesn't play clay events in the US. By your reckoning we could say cause Roddick has won this many titles on clay, he must be good on it, when he has a won around the same amount of titles combined as Acasuso and Ferrer, but there is no way he is better than those two, so yes the standard of competition counts for something.

yakuzaninja
02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Roddick isn't a clay court clown, but I'd group him in the 'average' clay court group.

Cat9
02-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Haven't seen this posted yet..VS, formerly OLN, will air the US/Czech Rep matches live today. Check listings.

RickDaStick
02-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Haven't seen this posted yet..VS, formerly OLN, will air the US/Czech Rep matches live today. Check listings.

Its not live. they will start coverage at noon eastern.

Chris Seahorse
02-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Nice vindication. Well done standing up for yourself.