Rafa Nadal Tennis is a very good game... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa Nadal Tennis is a very good game...

henree
02-08-2007, 05:54 AM
I was suprised at how well this game has turned out. At first it was difficult getting into the spins. For whatever reason the developers have all kind of crazy spins going on when a player hits a defensive lob. But all in all a great tennis game. Definitelythe #1 tennis game out for the Nintendo Ds. That is until Tennis Masters comes out later this month. For those that have played the game, please post your observations. Also anyone know how to control the Flat Shot(special)? Every time I hit a flat shot the ball is sure to go out of bounds.

Ferrero Forever
02-08-2007, 09:45 AM
In my opinion this game sucks. I think so far Top Spin 2 is the best game for the DS (I've only got Rafa Nadal Tennis and Top Spin 2, so I can't really compare Rafa Nadal tennis to all that much). Top Spin has much better gameplay, and career mode is much better. And I like that you don't have just one player to play with. As much as Nadal rocks, I'd like to play with others as well.

Peoples
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Also anyone know how to control the Flat Shot(special)? Every time I hit a flat shot the ball is sure to go out of bounds.

Why do you think the flat shot should be possible to control in NADAL tennis?

radics
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
For a moment I thought... Rafa Nadal: "Tennis is a very good game" :smash:

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 01:25 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

SaFed2005
02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
In my opinion tennis games or any sports games for that matter is not meant to be played on the DS. Compared to tennis games on other systems or if we are talking about handhelds specifically, teh PSP is so much better. Virtua tennis on PSP is awesome and I cannot wait for VT3 which is coming out in like a month for both the PSP and PS3... Now that should be awesome...

Sidenote: I cant believe they made Topspin 2 on the DS and not on the PSP!!

jazar
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
does it make annoying noises and constantly scratch itself?

MariaV
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Yappa
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM

I thought the thread starter simply wasn't very confident in english. :lol:

In my opinion tennis games or any sports games for that matter is not meant to be played on the DS. Compared to tennis games on other systems or if we are talking about handhelds specifically, teh PSP is so much better. Virtua tennis on PSP is awesome and I cannot wait for VT3 which is coming out in like a month for both the PSP and PS3... Now that should be awesome...

Virtua Tennis for PSP is not bad, but I don't like how the characters always nearly fall down on their knees when they try to reach balls which are far away from them. The movements aren't very natural IMO.

And until yesterday I didn't even know that VT 3 game is also supposed to come out for the PC and the PSP. Great, because that way I'll be able to check it out (I don't have a nextgen console). I hope there'll be some kind of multiplayer online mode for the PC version.

Sidenote: I cant believe they made Topspin 2 on the DS and not on the PSP!!

I admit that at least for me TS 1 was more fun than TS 2, because it was more fast paced. VT 1-2 are too arcadish though, and I read that VT 3 still only uses 3 buttons. I am afraid that I'm just too used to the amount of possibilities which TS 1-2 offer. Hoping for TS 3 in the future.

"Like previous games in the series, you have buttons for top spin, slice and lob, while drop shots, smashes and running shots are contextual...

I hope they don't seriously want to tell me that I can't use a dropshot anytime I want. :(

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM
^^^^^ What do you mean that VT-2 is arcadish?

Yappa
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Simple. You can aim into one direction all you want, but the ball will never go out unless your opponents gets you waaay out of position or smashes a ball which you barely reach. There's no way that you can take the extra risk yourself, go for the extreme angle and hit the ball out.

And having only 3 buttons restricts the amount of strokes at your disposal. For example normal shot = top spin shot. There's no flat shot like in TS 1-2. And what about a kick serve? You won't find that one in VT 1-2 either.

Snowwy
02-09-2007, 12:23 AM

Haha, me too, I was thinking maybe the persons english wasnt the greatest.

Denise
02-09-2007, 02:07 AM

:retard:

calvinhobbes
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
^^^^^ What do you mean that VT-2 is arcadish?

I believe it´s archaic, pretty outmoded.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yappa
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Well, that too, but I was talking about the arcade feel, that's why I said arcadish. It's not a real word, actually.

bobjoe66
02-10-2007, 10:05 PM
VT 3 for psp? brill news.

SaltoKlose
02-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Only good for clay.

His game has many weaknesses on other surfaces.

Peoples
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Only good for clay.

His game has many weaknesses on other surfaces.

Read the 1st post ;)

Yappa
02-19-2007, 10:32 PM
I found those two youtube videos, and found particularly the first one informative while the second one features a weird grunting Nalbandian. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLSK1a-5i5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka1ahMDFl3M

The animations of Nadal or Henman look pretty good.

But they really should have gotten rid of some of those typical VT movements, like the bad habit of falling if a ball is too far away from the player. Imagine a real player falling like that each time he barely reaches a ball. Stupid.

On the plus side, they say that they plan to make the next game more realistic by for example adding commentary or sweat stains on the clothes.
Well, I hope they'll also think about adding more realism to the gameplay.