02-07-2007, 03:49 AM
what's the deal Simon having to go to a tiebreak with Donna:smash: :spit:

Mistaflava
02-07-2007, 03:51 AM
What a stupid joke...waste of a thread!

SHB
02-07-2007, 03:52 AM

For your sake, I hope that you're less than 10 years of age. If not . . .

RickDaStick
02-07-2007, 03:54 AM
whats the deal with you starting this lame thread? Young sucks, we already know that.

*Viva Chile*
02-07-2007, 03:56 AM
maybe he was playing like this, but it didn't result so well ... :spit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqa3oI1p_EM

LOL, maybe Donald finally is improving ;)

zicofirol
02-07-2007, 04:15 AM
maybe he was playing like this, but it didn't result so well ... :spit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqa3oI1p_EM

LOL, maybe Donald finally is improving ;)

he got spanked in 1st round of a future last week, this reflects worse on greul than a good sign for young, but like someone else on this thread said, young suks, we already know that.

Leo
02-07-2007, 04:43 AM
His arms are ridiculously scrawny. No chance.

CooCooCachoo
02-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Highlights of the match:

http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/d0001/LocalUser/NetSite_608/_groups/398/video/young%20.wmv

You can see quite a difference in the way they hit, but Young is fighting and has definitely progressed.

JMG
02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
he got spanked in 1st round of a future last week, this reflects worse on greul than a good sign for young, but like someone else on this thread said, young suks, we already know that.

:retard:

Why do you only look at the one result last week and not at the other results the weeks before? He had quite good wins or scores against Querrey, Reynolds, Kryvonos, Bozoljac...

TheMightyFed
02-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Highlights of the match:

http://braingame.dartfishnet.com/d0001/LocalUser/NetSite_608/_groups/398/video/young%20.wmv

You can see quite a difference in the way they hit, but Young is fighting and has definitely progressed.

Thanks for the vid, man you rock !

Clara Bow
02-07-2007, 01:25 PM
How old is Donald now? 16 or 17?

Yes- he was overhyped a year or so ago- but that doesn't mean his career is over at this young age.

Thanks for the video- he is improving.

CooCooCachoo
02-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the vid, man you rock !

:rocker:

The Challenger site is great :) They have many nice videos.

alfonsojose
02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
i guess tt is for teenage trash :zzz:

scarecrows
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
tt boy > 90% of MTFers

:)

Loremaster
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Young is arrogant and doesn't have heart for fighting even in the USA. He will be the one to break Spadea record of loses in 1st round of ATP he is 0-8 right know if I remember well. But on the other hand I've seen his both USOpen matches and he wasn't playing bad I even liked his game but his comitement was :eek: he just gave both matches away in his home country GS.

Mistaflava
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
immediate contender for an Arse Clown tournament Wild Card.

Whitler...you taking notes?

scoobs
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
At least Young is scrapping his way though the futures and challengers these days, even if not yet fully successfully. Though I've no doubt the wildcards will be scattered like confetti around him at the US events to come.

Pea
02-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Ah I see he didn't win a set.

Loremaster
02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
At least Young is scrapping his way though the futures and challengers these days, even if not yet fully successfully. Though I've no doubt the wildcards will be scattered like confetti around him at the US events to come.

I think guys responsible for giving WC in USA have cured themselves from Young maybe he will get WC for USOpen but priority now is Sam Querrey who jumped 550 places in 9 months and is making good use of WC but in short time he won't need them , still Ryan Sweeting is better option than Young at least Ryan is winning some ATP matches.
Young better win some Futures or Challanger before getting WC those WC that he got killed his confidence and being double bageled by Berloq was so big shame :o

JMG
02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
tt boy > anyone

But his smileys are missing in this thread. :sad:

gusman890
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
where did you find that Highlight video from?

Hugh Jaas
02-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Young is arrogant and doesn't have heart for fighting even in the USA. He will be the one to break Spadea record of loses in 1st round of ATP he is 0-8 right know if I remember well. But on the other hand I've seen his both USOpen matches and he wasn't playing bad I even liked his game but his comitement was :eek: he just gave both matches away in his home country GS.

every host nation gives out w/c's like confetti so whats the problem.

OMG a 16/17 year old losing ATP matches against established ADULT pros? that is the most SHOCKING thing to happen to the ATP(!!!!!) i would of least wanted him to win 7 grand slams before he even left his mothers womb.

i would guarantee for certain If he was white people would no doubt be defending him. last time i checked it isn't 1876 America anymore.

how long would you give this post before the MTF "democracy" police "conveniently" dispose of it?

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 02:54 AM
problems with Young:

-Not fast enough and doesn't play defense well. When stretched out wide, he goes to the squash shot too much.

-Not enough power. He lacks racquet-head speed and and doesn't have any weapons.

-He is TOO skinny to play against these men. It seems to be his physique and genetics that are the problem, not that he isn't working on it.

Donald, imo, will never be a good pro. He will probably be a late bloomer if he ever blooms. He has yet to mature physically. He seems too reactive and doesn't attack enough. If you noticed, he doesn't control the middle of the court well. He needs to learn how to get on top of points and dictate. Until all this happens, I doubt he gets an ATP win unless he plays Josh Olivas.

Hugh Jaas
02-08-2007, 02:58 AM
problems with Young:

-Not fast enough and doesn't play defense well. When stretched out wide, he goes to the squash shot too much.

-Not enough power. He lacks racquet-head speed and and doesn't have any weapons.

-He is TOO skinny to play against these men. It seems to be his physique and genetics that are the problem, not that he isn't working on it.

Donald, imo, will never be a good pro. He will probably be a late bloomer if he ever blooms. He has yet to mature physically. He seems too reactive and doesn't attack enough. If you noticed, he doesn't control the middle of the court well. He needs to learn how to get on top of points and dictate. Until all this happens, I doubt he gets an ATP win unless he plays Josh Olivas.

when andy murry was 17 he was on the resperator if a match went to 3 sets.

Donald young lost a close match at the Dallas challenger so give the kid a break guys.

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 03:01 AM
oh and btw, it has nothing to do with his race. if he was white, I'd say the exact same things. nothing I said had anything to do with race and it is petty to pull a race card when it is applicable.

Hugh Jaas
02-08-2007, 03:03 AM
oh and btw, it has nothing to do with his race. if he was white, I'd say the exact same things. nothing I said had anything to do with race and it is petty to pull a race card when it is applicable.

oops i apologize for having a opinion, i will go back to 50's Russia now...gezz

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 03:06 AM
when andy murry was 17 he was on the resperator if a match went to 3 sets.

Donald young lost a close match at the Dallas challenger so give the kid a break guys.

yeah, but Andy Murray was physically stronger and overall, has a more mature and skillful game. Andy Murray has a much heavier shot than Donald and has a game that can take him far when he plays the pros. Donald has no power on his shots. He can't be playin defense all the time. He needs to play closer to the baseline and try to dictate. He can play defense at times, but needs to mix up more. If Donald could step into some shots, he wouldn't be being bitched around the court at the Futures and Challengers level. He can't generate the pace that other pros can. Play and simple. Some of that has to do with his physique, some of that has to deal with court positioning and never having any weight behind his shots, and thirdly it comes down to the play he strikes the ball. His shots have no weight transder and no racquet head speed. His shots are like warm-up shots for most pros.

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 03:09 AM
oops i apologize for having a opinion, i will go back to 50's Russia now...gezz

you had an opinion, but it really made no sense. sure, you are allowed to say what you feel, but if what you say is not correct and sounds unreasonable, I can state my opinion on your opinion. the fact that people are knocking Donald has nothing to do with race whatsoever. it has to do with the fact that this kid was overhyped and he has nothing to show for it and it appears little promise on the pro tour. Same thing happened to Tommy Ho WAY back when.

2moretogo
02-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Since when is Andy Murray 17?

K-Dog
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Since when is Andy Murray 17?

we were talking about when he was.

Morgan Z
02-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Geez! Give the boy a break! That was a great score for a 17 year old against a top 100 player.

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
every host nation gives out w/c's like confetti so whats the problem.

OMG a 16/17 year old losing ATP matches against established ADULT pros? that is the most SHOCKING thing to happen to the ATP(!!!!!) i would of least wanted him to win 7 grand slams before he even left his mothers womb.

i would guarantee for certain If he was white people would no doubt be defending him. last time i checked it isn't 1876 America anymore.

how long would you give this post before the MTF "democracy" police "conveniently" dispose of it?

Yeah I know the policy of WC but still other American young players make better use of this WC

ok he was 17 and lost 6-0 6-0 to guy who never won a match on ATP tour that was shamefull for someone considered such great talent and future of American tennis. And I am not hater of Donald Young as I said I like his game but he his too arogant for 17 yeras old kid who talks as he was no.1 and 12 GS winner.

And I do not critize him because he is black I don't have a problem with skin colour etc for example I love game and personality of Dwyane Wade, James Blake for example. MLK is one of the greatest heroes of our times for me. So Please don't make me a racisit because I don't like personality of Donald Young I think such opinions are unfair still I don't understand what was bad in my post I just gave simple facts and my opnion about comitment of Donald Young it had nothing to do with his skin colour

Clara Bow
02-08-2007, 02:22 PM
And I am not hater of Donald Young as I said I like his game but he his too arogant for 17 yeras old kid who talks as he was no.1 and 12 GS winner.

To be fair- he has calmed down quite a bit in his claims. Much of them were made when he was 15/16. He has admitted more recently that he has had some lonely times as well. So yes- he has been humbled. I have not seen recent aggrogant claims by him. He was a young silly kid- so I will give him a bit of a pass. I would hate if I were continually judged by goofy things I said as a 15 or 16 year old.

I don't see the need to continually have threads here gleefully announcing his losses. In particular when he is a 17 year old losing but putting up a good fight against a player in the top 100.

Loremaster
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
To be fair- he has calmed down quite a bit in his claims. Much of them were made when he was 15/16. He has admitted more recently that he has had some lonely times as well. So yes- he has been humbled. I have not seen recent aggrogant claims by him. He was a young silly kid- so I will give him a bit of a pass. I would hate if I were continually judged by goofy things I said as a 15 or 16 year old.

I don't see the need to continually have threads here gleefully announcing his losses. In particular when he is a 17 year old losing but putting up a good fight against a player in the top 100.

Yeah I totally agree with You :worship:
I made my statement without knowing that he become more calm and not so arrogant, I wish him all good results because I like his game and hope he will improve
And even when he was making those silly comments I wasn't hater of him I just didn't liked what he was saying

Hugh Jaas
02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Your American "hero" Roddick got bageled by a player ranked 4 positions above him at the AO remember.

Young who was 16 gets double bageled against a MAN ranked 900 positions above him and everyone on MTF want his head. WHY?

Do you see my point. Americans are too quick to hate a player for NO OTHER reason other than what i posted yesterday.

Mistaflava
02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
I think it's becoming apparent that these threads are more and more about 'LETS HATE AMERICAN PLAYERS' than they are about any significant.

Do you know how many youngsters have carried around hype only to turn out to be nobodies? Some of you ass clowns love picking on the American players for reasons unrelated to tennis. Ridiculous, boring and stupid.

Also, shall we list the 500+ overrated youngsters in tennis over the last 10 years?

CooCooCachoo
02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Your American "hero" Roddick got bageled by a player ranked 4 positions above him at the AO remember.

Young who was 16 gets double bageled against a MAN ranked 900 positions above him and everyone on MTF want his head. WHY?

Do you see my point. Americans are too quick to hate a player for NO OTHER reason other than what i posted yesterday.

The double bagel against Berlocq was shameful. Don't deny it.

SHB
02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah I know the policy of WC but still other American young players make better use of this WC

ok he was 17 and lost 6-0 6-0 to guy who never won a match on ATP tour that was shamefull for someone considered such great talent and future of American tennis. And I am not hater of Donald Young as I said I like his game but he his too arogant for 17 yeras old kid who talks as he was no.1 and 12 GS winner.

And I do not critize him because he is black I don't have a problem with skin colour etc for example I love game and personality of Dwyane Wade, James Blake for example. MLK is one of the greatest heroes of our times for me. So Please don't make me a racisit because I don't like personality of Donald Young I think such opinions are unfair still I don't understand what was bad in my post I just gave simple facts and my opnion about comitment of Donald Young it had nothing to do with his skin colour

The Berlocq match was March of last year. He was 16, not 17.

I won't pretend to be aware of everything Young has said, but of what I've seen of him, he hasn't come across as arrogant at all. At the U.S. Open last year, he seemed very shy. I actually get the impression that he may lack confidence, not the other way around.

I don't have a problem with anybody who thinks that he won't be a good pro. I am, however, irritated by how so many revel in his failures. It's uncalled for.

SHB
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Americans? You haven't been paying attention if you think it's Americans who are doing most of the Donald Young bashing, at least around here. And while it bothers me to see so many rooting for the kid to fail, suggesting that racism must be the reason (and the only reason) is preposterous.

Hugh Jaas
02-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Americans? You haven't been paying attention if you think it's Americans who are doing most of the Donald Young bashing, at least around here. And while it bothers me to see so many rooting for the kid to fail, suggesting that racism must be the reason (and the only reason) is preposterous.

preposterous. do mommy get you a thesaurus for christmas?

If it isn't race why is this kid getting abuse from this forum?

p.s i could also point you to over 50 threads of abuse towards serena Williams too if you like.

Snowwy
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM

p.s i could also point you to over 50 threads of abuse towards serena Williams too if you like.

Im pretty sure people dislike Serena for reasons other than race. :)

Im not a Serena fan at all but race has nothing to do with it.

2moretogo
02-09-2007, 01:40 AM
My point was, comparing two players with dissimlar games after one of them has had success on the next level and is two/three years older than another player is a ridiculous.

I wish Young all of the best, as a due to most players.

As far as racism, some people on this board don't like him bec. of his race let's get real here. I also realize that most others don't like him for substance reasons ok.

What I think is funny that people who aren't being singled out are the first ones to proclaim I aint a racist. Ok. Good for you.

SHB
02-09-2007, 05:45 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize that "preposterous" was a word you would have to look up. Perhaps I should have used "absurd," "ridiculous," "asinine," "stupid," "idiotic," or "dumb." Any of them would have been appropriate. I'll try to speak in simpler terms when conversing with you from now on (Is "conversing" okay with you? I can use "talking" if you'd like)

There are clearly other reasons that might explain people's resentment of Young. The most obvious is the large amount of media hype that he's received. It's not exactly fair, but it's certainly a reason. Hype almost always results in a backlash, especially when such hype is seen as undeserved. Another reason is the number of wild cards he's been given, which are seen by many as undeserved, particularly since he hasn't done anything with them (at least in ATP tournaments). Those are the two biggest reasons in my opinion. In some cases I think the fact that he's American contributes to it as well. And apparently some perceive him as being arrogant, which would be another reason. I don't endorse any of these reasons, but they do exist.

Of course there's a possibility that racism is a factor in some cases, but to say that that's the only possible reason is nonsense.

Loremaster
02-09-2007, 08:08 AM

I have an impression that you don't read what other poster write. Do you think that I had negative oppion about Donald only because his colour of skin, Give youreslf a break. For me being told that I am racisit is an insult , because I am not and I will never be.

Also I don't hate Young, I disliked what he said several times that's all I even like his game and maybe sometime in the future I will be his fan because as someone else said he is not speaking such BS anymore.

Hugh Jaas
02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I have an impression that you don't read what other poster write. Do you think that I had negative oppion about Donald only because his colour of skin, Give youreslf a break. For me being told that I am racisit is an insult , because I am not and I will never be.

Also I don't hate Young, I disliked what he said several times that's all I even like his game and maybe sometime in the future I will be his fan because as someone else said he is not speaking such BS anymore.

i would love to see that quote where i said you are a racist. If did say that the post would of been mod removed already.

I am just looking for reasons why americans are rubbishing this 17 year old for.
When federer was 17 he was a nobody playing kiddie tennis in the junior tour.
I never saw any uproar every time he lost a adult match at 17 did you?

General Suburbia
02-09-2007, 08:18 AM
You know, I was quite intent with taking you halfway seriously in this in this forum (I don't pay much attention to which poster's which) until i read this.

Laugh. My. Fucking. Ass. Off.

Loremaster
02-09-2007, 08:48 AM
i would love to see that quote where i said you are a racist. If did say that the post would of been mod removed already.

I am just looking for reasons why americans are rubbishing this 17 year old for.
When federer was 17 he was a nobody playing kiddie tennis in the junior tour.
I never saw any uproar every time he lost a adult match at 17 did you?

Hero you go.. You haven't said this directly but (this is reply to my post)

You said that if he was white things will be totally different, so you in other words you said that I don't like him because he has other skin colour if so I am racisit

Tennis Fool
02-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I think it's becoming apparent that these threads are more and more about 'LETS HATE AMERICAN PLAYERS' than they are about any significant.

I think this is true to a certain extent. I saw the thread for Carlos Boluda of Spain, which pronounced him the 2nd coming and all the posters were like :yeah:

DY also had a steller junior career, and nobody cared until he started getting ATP WCs, then everyone decided they hated him :confused:

denisgiann
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I think this is true to a certain extent. I saw the thread for Carlos Boluda of Spain, which pronounced him the 2nd coming and all the posters were like :yeah:

DY also had a steller junior career, and nobody cared until he started getting ATP WCs, then everyone decided they hated him :confused:

Ι havent read that thread but does this Boluda guy has such a big mouth as Young has? Does he think he is the next best thing since sliced bread?If so then you are probably right.But for me the main reason that people trash Young is his big mouth.If he put his head down and just work work work,even if he was having the same results people would just say he is overhyped.But when he talks shit all the time then people trash him and they enjoy it.And they are right:cool: .It doesnt have to do with his race or his nationality but the shit that he has for brains;) .

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
If so then you are probably right.But for me the main reason that people trash Young is his big mouth.If he put his head down and just work work work,even if he was having the same results people would just say he is overhyped.But when he talks shit all the time then people trash him and they enjoy it.And they are right

As I said before, Young has calmed down a lot in his comments. He said a lot of the stuff that annoys fans- such as he expected to be a multi-slam winner- when he was 15 or a very young 16. A 15/16 year old with very impressive junior results. He was a kid for cripes sakes. He still is a kid- but one who has matured in his comments greatly over the past year and one who is improving his game. I don't see how that means he has "shit for brains." And the amount of venom and glee spouted here when a 17 year old loses an ATP match is rather over the top if they are in reaction to comments a kid made when he was in essentially 10th grade. Folks mature- is DY not given that pass?

When he is 25 are people still going to bring up comments that he made as a 15 year old?

Tennis Fool
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Denis,

I've posted a thread where Donald said the most self-deprecating things. Guess how many people posted :D

Clara Bow
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Denis,

I've posted a thread where Donald said the most self-deprecating things. Guess how many people posted :D

It wouldn't support their argument that Donald is nothing but an arrogant guy who deserves all his losses and those losses should be cheered. ;)