David withdraws from Miami!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

David withdraws from Miami!!!

Frooty_Bazooty
03-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Eighth-seeded Argentine David Nalbandian has withdrawn from the NASDAQ-100 Open with a right ankle injury. He will be replaced in the draw by lucky loser, Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.

from atptenis.com

:sad: :sad: :sad:

J. Corwin
03-25-2004, 07:22 AM
That's too bad. First his wrist, now his ankle.

Hope he gets better soon.

henree
03-25-2004, 07:27 AM
I hate you David, I hate you.
I'm, just kidding. :)
I just get frustrated with all these injuries. Is there something in the water down there in Argentina?

jazz_girl
03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
David get well soon!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
03-25-2004, 09:56 AM
what a disasterous season :( :(

jazz_girl
03-25-2004, 10:16 AM
I know, he started great and then all these stupid injuries just got in the way :(

azza
03-25-2004, 10:20 AM
:bounce: :) :bounce: :)

sigmagirl91
03-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Now, azza, what the HELL is THAT supposed to mean?

Billabong
03-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Get well soon David!

COMA
03-25-2004, 11:18 AM
:sad:
Poor David! Get well fast!

*Ljubica*
03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Now, azza, what the HELL is THAT supposed to mean?

He always does that when David loses or gets injured Sigma - the man's an idiot who hasn't got the brain to string two words together but somehow thinks he's clever :devil: Anyone who rejoices in anyone's illness or injury is the lowest of the low in my opinion - there are lots of players out there I don't like but I would NEVER wish them ill - they are only human beings doing a job after all :devil: To rejoice in someone's injury is just pathetic - don't worry about him.

alfonsojose
03-25-2004, 12:07 PM
He doesn't have many points to defend, does he? I think this is everything about Davis Cup. You better stay at home at keep training and healing. Good luck David. ;)

don_na
03-25-2004, 12:07 PM
David, get well soon, please! We want to see you kick some butts!!

Experimentee
03-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Too bad for David, its a shame he gets so many injuries.
At least Fernando is in :) Does that mean Fernando will get a bye in the 1st rd?

don_na
03-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Yup according to the draw, Verdasco is getting a bye on the first round.

Angelito
03-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Yup according to the draw, Verdasco is getting a bye on the first round.

Well, that's what I call a lucky loser :p

Sjengster
03-25-2004, 07:10 PM
He always does that when David loses or gets injured Sigma - the man's an idiot who hasn't got the brain to string two words together but somehow thinks he's clever :devil: Anyone who rejoices in anyone's illness or injury is the lowest of the low in my opinion - there are lots of players out there I don't like but I would NEVER wish them ill - they are only human beings doing a job after all :devil: To rejoice in someone's injury is just pathetic - don't worry about him.

Well for a start azza isn't a man, that might explain something about his attitude (not that it makes it much more excusable). It's quite ironic though when you consider how much he hates Federer too that he'd want Nalbandian out of the event, considering their head-to-head. Before the Henman match in Paris last year he wished a career-threatening back injury on Federer, so this certainly isn't confined to nalbandian.

Kiara
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
:hug: poor David, I hope he'll rest his ankle and heal before Davis cup, the Argies NEED him

good for Fernando :banana:

Angelito
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Well for a start azza isn't a man, that might explain something about his attitude (not that it makes it much more excusable). It's quite ironic though when you consider how much he hates Federer too that he'd want Nalbandian out of the event, considering their head-to-head. Before the Henman match in Paris last year he wished a career-threatening back injury on Federer, so this certainly isn't confined to nalbandian.

Well, he/she/it whatever should be confined to a mental hospital for good.

MisterQ
03-25-2004, 07:16 PM
sad news for Nalbandian.

sigmagirl91
03-25-2004, 07:31 PM

After all that, then who DOES he like?

undomiele
03-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Get better David! We need you for Davis CUP!

*Ljubica*
03-25-2004, 07:35 PM

Well I hope that doesn't mean you think women are more likely to be biased and unfair Sjengster :devil: But, no seriously, thanks for clearing that up - I had no idea about the Federer thing - that's disgusting and unforgiveable - maybe one day azza will grow up and learn some manners and respect.

Havok
03-25-2004, 07:36 PM
ugh David :retard: stop getting injured :scared:

Lee
03-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Well I hope that doesn't mean you think women are more likely to be biased and unfair Sjengster :devil: But, no seriously, thanks for clearing that up - I had no idea about the Federer thing - that's disgusting and unforgiveable - maybe one day azza will grow up and learn some manners and respect.

Since Sjengster continues to use 'he' in his post, I think 'azza isn't a man' is not exactly referring to his gender but his maturity.

Sjengster
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I meant (and I know straight out of the idiot's mouth). It would appear from his signature that the players he does like include Schalken and Henman, which is rather embarrassing for me. Having said that, I'm taking a certain amount of pleasure in Philippoussis' dismal slump at the moment precisely because azza supports him...

sigmagirl91
03-25-2004, 07:50 PM
OK, then, since we conclude that azza is an immature, inbred Jed, why don't we just ignore that post, and hope that David continues on the road to recovery. Get well soon, David....

*Ljubica*
03-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I meant (and I know straight out of the idiot's mouth). It would appear from his signature that the players he does like include Schalken and Henman, which is rather embarrassing for me. Having said that, I'm taking a certain amount of pleasure in Philippoussis' dismal slump at the moment precisely because azza supports him...

Ah - yes OK - sorry Sjengster - I see what you meant now - all this David injury stuff has obviously addled my brain so badly I misunderstood. And don't be embarrassed about supporting the same players as him - everyone here knows you're not an idiot like he is :devil:

And as Sigma says - a very big Get Well Soon to David - the tennis circuit is poorer without you.

sigmagirl91
03-25-2004, 08:14 PM

Well, let's make fun of him in the Poo threads, and see what azza thinks then....

TennisLurker
03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
I always thought azza was a 14 years old girl.

Sjengster
03-25-2004, 08:49 PM
So did others I remember, until he corrected them rather indignantly. When he first joined the ATP forum on WTAWorld last year he was also very good at jacking up his post total by posting live scores about once every twenty seconds or thereabouts. I tried it for a bit, tongue-in-cheek, but even then everyone told me to stop it.

Ma. Estefania
03-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Not really a surprise after all the information lately.....but well, another tournament without him :sad:

LCeh
03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Argh, that really sucks. Nalbandian had always had a very solid game. I was hoping he would go far and give some top players some hard time...

Good luck David!

JeLuliA88
03-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Definitely not a great start to the season, first Indian Wells and now Miami :( HOpe his rankings doesn't slip too far.

lsy
03-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Argh, that really sucks. Nalbandian had always had a very solid game. I was hoping he would go far and give some top players some hard time...

Good luck David!

You said what I want to say, LCeh. What a pity for David, I really think this will be the year he can breakthrough to top 5 or 3. I still hope he can do it.

WyveN
03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
So is David paying the price for coming back to early from injury last year or is he just fragile?

Action Jackson
03-26-2004, 09:25 AM
The injury is different this time Wyver, tendonitis in the ankle is the problem and not the wrist actually. This ironically could help his wrist get better as well.

WyveN
03-26-2004, 09:43 AM
All these injuries are very strange considering how young he is

sigmagirl91
03-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Yes, WyveN, they are.