Stop moving garbage threads to Federer Forum. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stop moving garbage threads to Federer Forum.

prima donna
02-06-2007, 03:33 AM
What makes you think that we want to see them anymore than you do, how about just deleting them all together instead of using the forum as a gigantic garbage disposal ?

Pfloyd
02-06-2007, 03:36 AM
You forgot Australian Open 2007.

Deboogle!.
02-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Threads about a particular player are going to be moved to that player's forum. The Federer forum has a moderator, if you don't like the threads once they're moved there, you can ask your moderator to do something about it.

Mistaflava
02-06-2007, 04:41 AM
:haha:

What a stupid thread...move this bullshit to the Federer Forum where it belongs.

R.Federer
02-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Threads about a particular player are going to be moved to that player's forum. The Federer forum has a moderator, if you don't like the threads once they're moved there, you can ask your moderator to do something about it.

Well, take a look at the General Messages and you will see threads about particular players, including today's additions -- Hewitt, Federer, Sampras, others. It is not true that threads about a particular player are moved to that particular forum, only the minority of them is.

Deboogle!.
02-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Well, take a look at the General Messages and you will see threads about particular players, including today's additions -- Hewitt, Federer, Sampras, others. It is not true that threads about a particular player are moved to that particular forum, only the minority of them is.The mods who cover GM give a lot of thought to what threads they think are of general interest and what are really only geared towards one player and more specifically discussion between fans of that one player. There are lots of threads in GM where it would only be about one player and mostly only fans of that player participate... such a thread should obviously be in a player's forum, especially when the subject matter is not about the actual tennis (such as the player's normal scheduling decisions, something off-court like a public appearance or photos, etc).

It's humans making the decisions, they're never going to be perfect. If there's a thread you think should be in a player's forum, report it. And if there's a thread moved to the Federer forum you should ask someone who covers GM why it was moved and/or to voice your concerns. The other day a thread was moved to the Andy forum that I wasn't thrilled about. I closed the thread. No harm done. :shrug:

Point is, we're all trying to clean up GM a little and one of the problems were obvious player-specific threads in GM. we're trying, that's all we can say.

R.Federer
02-06-2007, 05:11 AM
I am quite aware of the sensibilities of the GM mods. I have alerted them sparingly, as needed, when inappropriate threads not meeting the guidelines appear on GM.

I replied to your post only because it states, incorrectly I think, quite that "threads about a particular player are going to be moved to that particular player's forums". This is neither the policy, nor what is happening, nor probably what is going to happen. There are many player-specific threads that remain here and should.

The mods who cover GM give a lot of thought to what threads they think are of general interest and what are really only geared towards one player and more specifically discussion between fans of that one player. There are lots of threads in GM where it would only be about one player and mostly only fans of that player participate... such a thread should obviously be in a player's forum, especially when the subject matter is not about the actual tennis (such as the player's normal scheduling decisions, something off-court like a public appearance or photos, etc).

It's humans making the decisions, they're never going to be perfect. If there's a thread you think should be in a player's forum, report it. And if there's a thread moved to the Federer forum you should ask someone who covers GM why it was moved and/or to voice your concerns. The other day a thread was moved to the Andy forum that I wasn't thrilled about. I closed the thread. No harm done. :shrug:

Point is, we're all trying to clean up GM a little and one of the problems were obvious player-specific threads in GM. we're trying, that's all we can say.

Castafiore
02-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Isn't there a place to discuss these matters instead of cluttering up GM once again?
The "site discussions and news" section.

Deivid23
02-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Myskinalova posting again after smoking :cuckoo:

shotgun
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
What makes you think that we want to see them anymore than you do, how about just deleting them all together instead of using the forum as a gigantic garbage disposal ?

The Federer Forum has a moderator of its own, we move the thread there and it's up to him (and the Federer fans) to decide what should be done with it - leave it as it is, merge it into another thread, or delete it altogether. And what may be "garbage" to some, may not be to others, so simply deleting the thread in GM could lead to protests from Federer fans that would start accusing us of having a personal bias against the player. ;)

Well, take a look at the General Messages and you will see threads about particular players, including today's additions -- Hewitt, Federer, Sampras, others. It is not true that threads about a particular player are moved to that particular forum, only the minority of them is.

According to the rules sticky thread:

Threads about minor happenings involving a single player (e.g. change of sponsor, off-court action) are not of general interest and go in the player forums.

Threads about a single player belong to GM when:

- the discussion is about tennis.
or
- the thread has generated a lot of reaction in a short period of time (therefore, it's of general interest).

Deboogle!.
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I am quite aware of the sensibilities of the GM mods. I have alerted them sparingly, as needed, when inappropriate threads not meeting the guidelines appear on GM.

I replied to your post only because it states, incorrectly I think, quite that "threads about a particular player are going to be moved to that particular player's forums". This is neither the policy, nor what is happening, nor probably what is going to happen. There are many player-specific threads that remain here and should.Okay, fine, I spoke too generally. I was trying to diffuse the situation. If you feel like picking apart each word of my post is going to make the situation better, then please keep going. Now I know why I try to stay out of GM :lol:

tangerine_dream
02-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I applaud the mods for moving the garbage threads out of GM and into the garbage disposal known as the Federer Forum.

Mistaflava
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I applaud the mods for moving the garbage threads out of GM and into the garbage disposal known as the Federer Forum.

:haha: