Wimbledon Tickets! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon Tickets!

mattie09
02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Anyone heard if they got tickets.

jazar
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
who needs tickets when you can have a corporate box?

R.Federer
02-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I am interested in buying 2. Where can I get these, and how much? Black market is fine (is that legal to say on this board?), but authenticity needs to be proven. I cannot line up and camp out overnight --I don't have a tent, for starters.

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I am interested in buying 2. Where can I get these, and how much? Black market is fine (is that legal to say on this board?), but authenticity needs to be proven. I cannot line up and camp out overnight --I don't have a tent, for starters.

You don't need a tent to camp out. PLEASE don't buy tix from touts....they need to be stamped out not encouraged. Queueing is fun- you should try it!

jazar
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM

just get there really early so you dont need a tent. and queueing is all part of the experience

if i get a corporate box i will be selling tickets to it

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
just get there really early so you dont need a tent. and queueing is all part of the experience

if i get a corporate box i will be selling tickets to it

So, hopefully you'll be selling them to real tennis fans at a resonable price and not to some rich folk who wouldn't know their Ferrer from their Ferrero ?

R.Federer
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
So, hopefully you'll be selling them to real tennis fans at a resonable price and not to some rich folk who wouldn't know their Ferrer from their Ferrero ?

Aren't they the same guy? :confused:

R.Federer
02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
You don't need a tent to camp out. PLEASE don't buy tix from touts....they need to be stamped out not encouraged. Queueing is fun- you should try it!

If I queue with my toddler kid, overnight and all, and still don't get a ticket, what are my options? Henman Hill ? Murray Mount? Parmar parking lot?
And, are there public toilets around?

jazar
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM

i wouldnt even dream of selling them to someone who didnt know anything about tennis. the only reason i'm trying to get a box is so that i can take it away from a company who just get it to show how rich they are to their clients. if i manage to get one, i may even advertise the tickets on here, but if not they will go to hardcore tennis fans and i wouldnt sell them at extortionate prices

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
i wouldnt even dream of selling them to someone who didnt know anything about tennis. the only reason i'm trying to get a box is so that i can take it away from a company who just get it to show how rich they are to their clients. if i manage to get one, i may even advertise the tickets on here, but if not they will go to hardcore tennis fans and i wouldnt sell them at extortionate prices

Good for you- I admire your principles......its a shame there aren't more fans like you around Wimbledon.

MissPovaFan
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Be careful with black market tickets - they are very strict - if there's even a whiff of them being connected they will be cancelled and you will be questioned at the tournament.

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
If I queue with my toddler kid, overnight and all, and still don't get a ticket, what are my options? Henman Hill ? Murray Mount? Parmar parking lot?

If you queue overnight you will definitely get a ticket for either Centre, No. 1,or No.2 court.....or you could choose to just get a ground pass if there's no-one you fancy watching on a show court ( unlikely, but possible!)
Yes- toilets available to queuers!

jazar
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
if you just go for a ground pass, one of the first few days is good. last year i went on the first tuesday, got a ground pass and saw sugiyama, vaidisova and haas

MissPovaFan
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
If you queue overnight you will definitely get a ticket for either Centre, No. 1,or No.2 court.....or you could choose to just get a ground pass if there's no-one you fancy watching on a show court ( unlikely, but possible!)
Yes- toilets available to queuers!

It's really good fun queueing actually - I did it last year but only for ground passes - it was a lovely day weather wise too! the stewards join in the fun and it's a great spirit - unlike the Hitler-like stewards at Roland Garros :mad:

We got into the queue at about 7am and got into the grounds by around 11am I think

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes- ground passes are great for the first week....give you access to the practice courts as well.

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:46 PM
It's really good fun queueing actually - I did it last year but only for ground passes - it was a lovely day weather wise too! the stewards join in the fun and it's a great spirit - unlike the Hitler-like stewards at Roland Garros :mad:

We got into the queue at about 7am and got into the grounds by around 11am I think

I agree, though I've never experienced the RG stewards! I've been camping out overnight for a few years now and its never been a problem.

mattie09
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Anyone know what time you need to get in the queue for Centre or Number 1 court tickets? When i've queued before i was in the queue at 5 and still only got a ground pass.

RogiFan88
Aren't they the same guy? :confused:

:rolleyes: come on...

jazar
if i dont get a corporate box, i might be getting a players guest pass cos my mate will be playing juniors and i'm going to convince him i should be his fitness trainer. and if not, i could well be working there. but if none of these come off, a ground pass is the only way to go. £15 and you get a choice of 17 courts for about 9 hours of quality tennis

R.Federer
02-05-2007, 08:50 PM
:rolleyes: come on...

Relax, I was joking.
:)

Although I wouldn't mind being one of those uber rich people getting a corporate seat.

RogiFan88
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Relax, I was joking.
:)

Although I wouldn't mind being one of those uber rich people getting a corporate seat.

I was worried about you for a moment there... so tell me, which one is playing DC R1 in Geneva next weekend: Ferrer or Ferrero? :p

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Anyone know what time you need to get in the queue for Centre or Number 1 court tickets? When i've queued before i was in the queue at 5 and still only got a ground pass.

Try the previous evening !

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I was worried about you for a moment there... so tell me, which one is playing DC R1 in Geneva next weekend: Ferrer or Ferrero? :p

Ooh, ooh! * jumps up and down*....I Know! I Know!

jazar
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM

i think it depends on what day you go. sometimes 5 would be fine, but otherwise i would say about 4.

i love it that wimbledon is still like 6 months away and we are talking about it already

mattie09
02-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll settle for a ground pass then lol if i don't get tickets from the ballot.

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll settle for a ground pass then lol if i don't get tickets from the ballot.

Chicken!

mattie09
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Chicken!

haha!! I would probaly queue overnight and still only get a ground pass, knowing my luck lmao

RogiFan88
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Ooh, ooh! * jumps up and down*....I Know! I Know!

Shh... don't tell!! :lol:

Sue
02-05-2007, 08:59 PM
haha!! Hopefully i won't need to queue anyway lol

Good luck in the ballot then.

R.Federer
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM

Hah, I don't know but it would be a guess that Ferrero's form has ruled him out from all good DC stuff. David has earned a spot, JC has unfortunately earned a holiday at tennis camp --maybe his own academy.

Sue
02-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Shh... don't tell!! :lol:

My lips are sealed, amiga. :tape:

mattie09
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Anyway do you think it will be another easy win for Fed this year like the previous 4 times.

jazar
02-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Hah, I don't know but it would be a guess that Ferrero's form has ruled him out from all good DC stuff. David has earned a spot, JC has unfortunately earned a holiday at tennis camp --maybe his own academy.

:haha: :haha:

Sue
02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
fun ??? it's not the word . I was 3 hours under the rain and it was very cold
so no, it's not fun

Sorry you got wet and cold.....but when its dry, or when you're warm and snug in your extremeweather mountain tent, dreaming of the glorious tennis you're about to see the following day ( not to mention the chilled Pimms you'll be drinking)....it honestly IS fun !

swisstruffles
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
yeah at the aussie open this yr, go the first few days and there are players abound at the practice courts. its the perfect opportunity to get autographs and pics. over the first two days i got like, almost 20 autographs from players, incl. big names like hewitt, hingis, ivanovic, nadal, moya etc!
u'll have the time of ur life. but there is a danger of getting TOO distracted by the autographs and pics and less time to actually watch some decent tennis..:)

adee-gee
02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
If you get drunk in the queue it's a lot of fun, and no, you don't need a tent. Tents are for wimps.

I've sent about 10 applications into the ballot, I believe they should be getting back to you mid-February or so.

jazar
02-06-2007, 06:58 AM
If you get drunk in the queue it's a lot of fun, and no, you don't need a tent. Tents are for wimps.

I've sent about 10 applications into the ballot, I believe they should be getting back to you mid-February or so.

getting drunk in the queue is the only way to do it, cos they dont let you take glass bottles in. last year i was queueing behind some people who drank a bottle of wine and two bottles of champagne, whilst queueing fro 2 hours

Sue
02-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Acually its quite possible to queue AND have fun without getting rat-arsed.

Doris Loeffel
02-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Sue you are sooooo right - we for sure had a lot of fun last year. Maybe also becouse there was also a whole storie in the newspaper about us queueing in Wimby. And yes we will do it again.

alansk
02-06-2007, 09:59 AM

:eek: Please explain! :p

*Ljubica*
02-06-2007, 10:32 AM

OK - hate to be a killjoy here and upset the queue lovers, but if you have a toddler, please don't even try to queue. It can be noisy, it often rains, loads of people in the queue get drunk, and it is certainly no place for a toddler. I did it once when I was much younger, and I totally loathed being cold, wet, uncomfortable, and spendng the entire next day feeling sleep deprived, in need of a shower and stiff from lying on a cold, hard pavement, and now I wouldn't do it if you paid me thousands!!!! It's correct that the black market tickets are difficult, and Wimbledon ARE very strict with them, so please don't buy one from one of the seedy looking touts that hang around the station nearby. The only "safe" way to buy a ticket from a tout, is to make sure it is a Debenture, which is the only type of ticket that can be legally sold. If you get one with the word "debenture" stamped on it, then it is safe, and there are some ticket companies that advertise them on the net from May onwards. but they are not cheap. If I were you, I would go to Roland Garros instead - much more civilised :p but hope you can get something sorted out! Good Luck. As for the facilitiies - well there are left luggage places, and loads of toilets at Wimbbledon, but there are always huge queues everywhere, so again, really not a good idea for a toddler.

Sue
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
:eek: Please explain! :p

Ahhh, that would be telling.... ;)

Sue
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
OK - hate to be a killjoy here and upset the queue lovers, but if you have a toddler, please don't even try to queue. It can be noisy, it often rains, loads of people in the queue get drunk, and it is certainly no place for a toddler. I did it once when I was much younger, and I totally loathed being cold, wet, uncomfortable, and spendng the entire next day feeling sleep deprived, in need of a shower and stiff from lying on a cold, hard pavement, and now I wouldn't do it if you paid me thousands!!!! It's correct that the black market tickets are difficult, and Wimbledon ARE very strict with them, so please don't buy one from one of the seedy looking touts that hang around the station nearby. The only "safe" way to buy a ticket from a tout, is to make sure it is a Debenture, which is the only type of ticket that can be legally sold. If you get one with the word "debenture" stamped on it, then it is safe, and there are some ticket companies that advertise them on the net from May onwards. but they are not cheap. If I were you, I would go to Roland Garros instead - much more civilised :p but hope you can get something sorted out! Good Luck. As for the facilitiies - well there are left luggage places, and loads of toilets at Wimbbledon, but there are always huge queues everywhere, so again, really not a good idea for a toddler.

I know how much you hate Wimby Ros, ;).... but honestly, toddlers are extremely adaptable and being in a tent is a huge adventure! There are some noisy parts of the queue, but to be honest I've stayed in noisier hotels! Providing your tent is waterproof and you have decent quality sleeping bags its not that damp or cold.There are sometimes queues for the loos, but they're never that big. I totally agree with everything you say about the tickets though! RG is more expensive all round and because of that its prohibitive for many of us who'd love to go.
Will I be seeing you at Wimby this year then Ros? ;)

The Pro
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Try the previous evening !

Just want to make sure on this. Are you saying if I want to see a game on Monday, I should queue on Sunday evening from 4 or 5 pm OR on Monday morning at 4 or 5 am?

I'm getting confused.

Horatio Caine
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
who needs tickets when you can have a corporate box?

:awww:

You corporate people :ras:

Action Jackson
02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Go and watch Nottingham instead.

Sue
02-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Erm...no thanks. I prefer Wimbledon !

Sue
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Just want to make sure on this. Are you saying if I want to see a game on Monday, I should queue on Sunday evening from 4 or 5 pm OR on Monday morning at 4 or 5 am?

I'm getting confused.

If you want to be certain of Centre Court tix, you need to be in the queue the evening before. Depending on whose playing on Courts 1 and 2, you can get away with joining the queue early the same morning. If there's a Brit playing you need to be earlier than usual.For ground passes you get to have a lie in !

Horatio Caine
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM

My last year :awww: :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
I know how much you hate Wimby Ros, ;).... but honestly, toddlers are extremely adaptable and being in a tent is a huge adventure! There are some noisy parts of the queue, but to be honest I've stayed in noisier hotels! Providing your tent is waterproof and you have decent quality sleeping bags its not that damp or cold.There are sometimes queues for the loos, but they're never that big. I totally agree with everything you say about the tickets though! RG is more expensive all round and because of that its prohibitive for many of us who'd love to go.
Will I be seeing you at Wimby this year then Ros? ;)

R. Federer said she didn't have a tent - so as I know she doesn't live in the UK, I can't imagine her travelling over here with one, as well as all the baby stuff :eek: Poor little soul would get cold, and damp and fractious, - doesn't bear thinking about! As for seeing me there Sue - you know the score - same as every year! If I get accreditation I will walk in 5 minutes before the match I want to see, and walk out straight after :p

Sue
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
R. Federer said she didn't have a tent - so as I know she doesn't live in the UK, I can't imagine her travelling over here with one, as well as all the baby stuff :eek: Poor little soul would get cold, and damp and fractious, - doesn't bear thinking about! As for seeing me there Sue - you know the score - same as every year! If I get accreditation I will walk in 5 minutes before the match I want to see, and walk out straight after :p

Ahhh- I didn't know those details.....maybe not such a good idea then!
5 minutes? So no time for a Pimms and/or ice cream with little old me then? I'll be there all alone this year.....snifffle......

The Pro
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
If you want to be certain of Centre Court tix, you need to be in the queue the evening before.

Does it matter what time you join the queue the evening before? Surely not!

Sue
02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Depends where you want to sit on Centre!

The Pro
02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Ah, I see...

That's made things a bit more clear! No queuing in the middle of the night for ground passes then.:D

*Ljubica*
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
5 minutes? So no time for a Pimms and/or ice cream with little old me then? I'll be there all alone this year.....snifffle......

:awww: All alone! :sad: Well, I guess I could have a Pimms or two with you under the circumstances! I'll maybe see you in Barca anyway, so we can talk about it then :)

RogiFan88
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
:awww: All alone! :sad: Well, I guess I could have a Pimms or two with you under the circumstances! I'll maybe see you in Barca anyway, so we can talk about it then :)

Barca? :sad: Wimby? :sad: >> and Sue, I'm still thinking about Wimby...

The Pro > why don't you just go to the Wimby site and read all the info on queueing, prices, etc. Basic info there to start wiv.

RogiFan88
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Ah, I see...

That's made things a bit more clear! No queuing in the middle of the night for ground passes then.:D

nah... 6am will do, right, guys?

savesthedizzle
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I will be queuing this year... once overnight I think and then once early in the morning for grounds passes. :)

MrExcel
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
My friend got her letter offerring tickets today... Women's quarter-finals day... Anybody else heard anything?

Mobes
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Nothing yet :( but it looks like they've only just started going out so i'll be hopeful a while yet:)

Gotta see Rafa last year :)...hopeing for Murray and Safin this year:)

decrepitude
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Centre court, first day :banana::yippee::woohoo:

Mobes
02-06-2007, 02:47 PM
if i dont get any, i'm comin' after yours....

The Pro
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
The Pro > why don't you just go to the Wimby site and read all the info on queueing, prices, etc. Basic info there to start wiv.

Yeah, I did do, but they don't give the kind of info that a seasoned camper can give me :D

Hope I get tickets, will be so gutted if I miss out (first year trying).

Mobes
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
fingers crossed for you, thepro.... you'll love it

;)

mattie09
02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
:D Just got a letter sayin i got mens final tickets :D

Mobes
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
WOW!!!! Lucky **&$££&*

Congrats mate...so, Federer V ????????

scoobs
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Didn't enter so it's the long queue or the TV for me.

Mobes
02-06-2007, 04:00 PM
que it Scoobs...its actually a good laugh (as long as weather ok) i've done it once and loved it :)

El-Mosquito
02-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi guys, few questions to ask about the queuing up as Im heading over in the summer for the first time and cant wait! Lokking to stay for 4 nights. 3 days on the outside courts and one day in one of the show courts to see a Tim Henman match.

So:

What time the day before should I start queuing from? What happens if tennis is still being played and Ive my tent pitched up already!?

What do I do if the que starts to move and Im in my tent/asleep in my tent?

What happens if you need to go to the toilet?

If you que in the night before is it ok for your friend to join up with you in the que in the morning near the opening times or is that a no-no?

Thanks very much. :) (serious answers only please)

Allstar
02-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Spot on. Ive only sent 5 applications this year, havent ever got any tickets over the past 5 years. But then camping is a great laugh.

No need for a tent even though I was bloody cold this year with only a survival bag directly on the pavement with my feeting sticking into the road. Still a great laugh

Hi guys, few questions to ask about the queuing up as Im heading over in the summer for the first time and cant wait! Lokking to stay for 4 nights. 3 days on the outside courts and one day in one of the show courts to see a Tim Henman match.

So:

What time the day before should I start queuing from? What happens if tennis is still being played and Ive my tent pitched up already!?

What do I do if the que starts to move and Im in my tent/asleep in my tent?

What happens if you need to go to the toilet?

If you que in the night before is it ok for your friend to join up with you in the que in the morning near the opening times or is that a no-no?

Thanks very much. :) (serious answers only please)

It depends on the day really. If Murray is playing then the queue will be massive. For the 2nd monday last year 4th round with Fed, Murray and Henin we joined the queue at midday on the Sunday. We were about half way through the centre allocation I think so I'd say get there at least before 2 oclock. Although Sunday is always bound to be really popular. When we came out the grounds though hardly anyone seemed to be queing for the womens the next day

You pitch your tent up on the street. Youll be in one of two queues, the southern (I think) runs along the main road and into the park, there are toilets along the road and more in the park. The other one goes down a quieter street and at the front there is a grass area with toilets although you might find yourself sleeping on a hill.

Stewards come round waking everyone up, you wont miss the queue when it starts to move

I wouldnt risk a friend joining you in the queue early in the morning. They now have place cards which they give out in the afternoon the day before which have your number in the queue, you cant get tickets in the morning without this. Although I guess you could say that your friend has gone into town to get food for something and maybe just ok it with the people infront and behind you. A few years back when they didnt do placecards, a group infront of us let about 5 of their friends in right near where you get your band saying which court you want in the morning, cheeky buggers.

Mobes
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
If you want the be assured of centre or 1 tickets in the que you pretty well need to start queing about 6pm the day before...

El-Mosquito
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Spot on. Ive only sent 5 applications this year, havent ever got any tickets over the past 5 years. But then camping is a great laugh.

No need for a tent even though I was bloody cold this year with only a survival bag directly on the pavement with my feeting sticking into the road. Still a great laugh

It depends on the day really. If Murray is playing then the queue will be massive. For the 2nd monday last year 4th round with Fed, Murray and Henin we joined the queue at midday on the Sunday. We were about half way through the centre allocation I think so I'd say get there at least before 2 oclock. Although Sunday is always bound to be really popular. When we came out the grounds though hardly anyone seemed to be queing for the womens the next day

You pitch your tent up on the street. Youll be in one of two queues, the southern (I think) runs along the main road and into the park, there are toilets along the road and more in the park. The other one goes down a quieter street and at the front there is a grass area with toilets although you might find yourself sleeping on a hill.

Stewards come round waking everyone up, you wont miss the queue when it starts to move

I wouldnt risk a friend joining you in the queue early in the morning. They now have place cards which they give out in the afternoon the day before which have your number in the queue, you cant get tickets in the morning without this. Although I guess you could say that your friend has gone into town to get food for something and maybe just ok it with the people infront and behind you. A few years back when they didnt do placecards, a group infront of us let about 5 of their friends in right near where you get your band saying which court you want in the morning, cheeky buggers.

Cheers mate :)

Dont fully understand a couple of things:

With these place cards could someone not just get one in the afternoon, go home and go to bed get up at 10 and stroll down and have there place in the que at the front?

Take your point about a friend turning up the next day, dont think its a good idea myself. Wouldnt like other people doing it so Im not gonna.

For the opening day do you think I should be there at Sunday 12 pm? It seems a daunting task!

Cheers again

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't be so ridiculous :o

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
It depends on the day really. If Murray is playing then the queue will be massive. For the 2nd monday last year 4th round with Fed, Murray and Henin we joined the queue at midday on the Sunday. We were about half way through the centre allocation I think so I'd say get there at least before 2 oclock.
:o which side of the queue were you in? I got there about 1.30pm on the Sunday :lol: We were in the side where you'd got that car park with the bit of grass (there was a load of us playing cricket) and then there's some toilets.

R.Federer
02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
:D Just got a letter sayin i got mens final tickets :D

Put them on Ebay! You will get rich.

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Not yet though, you wanna do it closer to the time ;)

Why have I not heard anything when I sent like 10-15 applications :sobbing:

decrepitude
02-06-2007, 07:51 PM
if i dont get any, i'm comin' after yours....

You wouldn't mug a poor little white-haired old lady, would you?:eek: :bolt:

Actually it is my daughter who has got the tickets and she is expert in kick-boxing. . .

decrepitude
02-06-2007, 07:53 PM

They saw it was you and binned them :lol:

I believe they send them out in batches, in past years I have got word anything from early Feb to mid-March.

philben
02-06-2007, 07:57 PM

:wavey: I got mine.

Always next year.

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
i would imagine they look out for suspicious multi-applications and binned them all :)

Sue
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM

With these place cards could someone not just get one in the afternoon, go home and go to bed get up at 10 and stroll down and have there place in the que at the front?

Take your point about a friend turning up the next day, dont think its a good idea myself. Wouldnt like other people doing it so Im not gonna.

For the opening day do you think I should be there at Sunday 12 pm? It seems a daunting task!

Cheers again

Nope, not do-able...a. Because you'd get lynched by the stewards/ people directly behind you in the queue and b. because the place card is just that- it marks your place in the queue, you have to physically be IN the queue in the morning when they give wristbands out for the different courts. No wristband = no ticket.
First Monday- if you get in the queue late afternoon Sunday onwards you'll get a show court ticket.

scoobs
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking of doing the overnight queuing thing but...really...? I mean...if I want to get onto Centre Court it means queuing up, like 18 hours in advance for a decent seat?

The logistics of it are mindboggling for someone who considers staying in a 2* hotel to be camping.

Enough food and water for nearly an entire day's queuing (and I'd more than likely be on my own)...some sort of protection against the elements if it rained (and it no doubt would) - I have no tent or sleeping bag. Personal hygiene would become an interesting challenge.

Every year for the last 4 I've said I'll do this and every year I've backed off thinking it all seems too much effort, even for Wimbledon.

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Why have I not heard anything when I sent like 10-15 applications :sobbing:[/QUOTE]

Probaly because your only allowed to have one application per household or they don't put you in the draw, unless you did them under different address.

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Every year for the last 4 I've said I'll do this and every year I've backed off thinking it all seems too much effort, even for Wimbledon. :smash: you take that back!

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm thinking of doing the overnight queuing thing but...really...? I mean...if I want to get onto Centre Court it means queuing up, like 18 hours in advance for a decent seat?

The logistics of it are mindboggling for someone who considers staying in a 2* hotel to be camping.

Enough food and water for nearly an entire day's queuing (and I'd more than likely be on my own)...some sort of protection against the elements if it rained (and it no doubt would) - I have no tent or sleeping bag. Personal hygiene would become an interesting challenge.

Every year for the last 4 I've said I'll do this and every year I've backed off thinking it all seems too much effort, even for Wimbledon.
Scoobs my man, you're such a snob :p :hug:
Probaly because your only allowed to have one application per household or they don't put you in the draw, unless you did them under different address.
I'm not silly ;)

I've done them for friends and relatives, it's all under different names and addresses :)

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM

How much would you think i'll get for them if i put them on nearer the time??

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Over £1000 ;)

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:15 PM

OI...BLOODY WELL GO AND WATCH THE MATCH...shocking your thinking of selling them...

...not enough money in the world.... (maybe a hundered grand :angel: )

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Scoobs my man, you're such a snob :p :hug:

I'm not silly ;)

I've done them for friends and relatives, it's all under different names and addresses :)

Surely you'll get some then:D Good luck

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
OI...BLOODY WELL GO AND WATCH THE MATCH...shocking your thinking of selling them...

...not enough money in the world.... (maybe a hundered grand :angel: )

Yeah but i was lucky enough to get final tickets last year aswell, through my tennis club,and i can't see any other result then another Federer win .

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah but i was lucky enough to get final tickets last year aswell, through my tennis club,and i can't see any other result then another Federer win .

LUCKY monkey :worship: will you be my new bst friend....i could do with some of that luck...

scoobs
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I am NOT a snob! :)

I just don't much like slumming it and sleeping out all night on a cold, hard, possibly wet pavement in the same clothes I had on all day, doesn't strike me as being very appealing, even to get onto centre court.

*sigh*

I wish I lived in Melbourne sometimes - or New York. They don't have these problems.

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
LUCKY monkey :worship: will you be my new bst friend....i could do with some of that luck...

haha! anyway a few days before the end of the tournament , if you sign up for Wimbledon newsletters, they send you a link to get mens + ladies final tickets for face value on ticketmaster, as some people return there's.

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
haha! anyway a few days before the end of the tournament , if you sign up for Wimbledon newsletters, they send you a link to get mens + ladies final tickets for face value on ticketmaster, as some people return there's.

Really? I was under the impression that any un-taken (sorry) tickets were redistributed by the ballot again? hmmmmmm!

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Really? I was under the impression that any un-taken (sorry) tickets were redistributed by the ballot again? hmmmmmm!

Here's the link from last year, if it still works http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe9011797165007d7d-fdee177070660279701c787d-ff051570766600

It's near the bottom where it says it.

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I got Ladies final tickets this way in 2005, after not gettin tickets from the ballot

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 08:27 PM

I just don't much like slumming it and sleeping out all night on a cold, hard, possibly wet pavement in the same clothes I had on all day, doesn't strike me as being very appealing, even to get onto centre court.

*sigh*

I wish I lived in Melbourne sometimes - or New York. They don't have these problems.
Well I'm either:
a) Too drunk to care about sleeping on the pavement.
b) Sleep in mine/a friends car and then just park it in the morning.

P.S. You're still a snob ;)

Mobes
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Here's the link from last year, if it still works http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe9011797165007d7d-fdee177070660279701c787d-ff051570766600

It's near the bottom where it says it.

they kept that quiet...cheers buddy :)

stroszek
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Why do they make people queue all night for tickets, why not sell them all over the phone?:scratch:

(or on the net)

mattie09
02-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Why do they make people queue all night for tickets, why not sell them all over the phone?:scratch:

(or on the net)

They think touts wouldn't bother queuing up to get tickets, stupid reason really.

R.Federer
02-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Cheapskates (aka moi) would not pay more than 100% over what you paid. But others could pay up to 5 or 6 times what you paid. You can always put 10000 pounds as your reserve, and see what the offers are like to get an idea-- in the "worst" case you'll have to get rid of your tickets for 10000 quid, not a bad situation. Especially if Nadal reaches the final. OKAY I WAS KIDDING THERE nadal fans

Sue
02-06-2007, 08:54 PM

*sigh*

Ummmm...take a change of clothes? There is hot and cold running water available too should you wish to make use of it. Flushing toilets too!

scoobs
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
True :)

Secretly, my biggest concern is so much time without the internet :)

Sue
02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Cheapskates (aka moi) would not pay more than 100% over what you paid. But others could pay up to 5 or 6 times what you paid. You can always put 10000 pounds as your reserve, and see what the offers are like to get an idea-- in the "worst" case you'll have to get rid of your tickets for 10000 quid, not a bad situation. Especially if Nadal reaches the final. OKAY I WAS KIDDING THERE nadal fans

Anyone who sells tickets for more than their face value are :devil:
Just IMHO.

RogiFan88
02-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Well, at least you don't have to think about buying a tent, sleeping bags, and any other gear, etc. you need, testing them out, packing it all on a plane and flying over the pond to go to Wimby. :lol:

scoobs
02-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Rogifan88: Good point :)

decrepitude
02-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Of course, if you just want ground passes - and in the first week there are masses of good matches on the outside courts - you can just join the queue early in the morning. Two years ago we joined the queue on the Thursday of the first week at about 8 am, and were just over 2500 in the queue (there are two queues, North and South, and each have 3000 tickets available)

Allstar
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM

Cheers again

Potentially yes, you could get a placecard and bugger off. The queue starts moving about 7

Allstar
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
:o which side of the queue were you in? I got there about 1.30pm on the Sunday :lol: We were in the side where you'd got that car park with the bit of grass (there was a load of us playing cricket) and then there's some toilets.

:lol: I remember chatting to you on here the day after. I was just further up the road near the grassy patch

adee-gee
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
:lol: I remember chatting to you on here the day after. I was just further up the road near the grassy patch
:lol: oh yeah, I vaguely remember :o

soraya
02-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Over £1000 ;)

and do you still have to queue for such an amount?

Sue
02-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Potentially yes, you could get a placecard and bugger off. The queue starts moving about 7

Nope- you'd get chucked out. I've seen it happen several times.

Mobes
02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Still nothing for me :( dammit....

and Decerep... i wouldn't be so sure about that :lol: :)

The Pro
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh God what if it rains after you've queued for 10 hours :awww:

And then the covers go on and Bachelor Boy turns up. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Allstar
02-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Nope- you'd get chucked out. I've seen it happen several times.

Ok fair enough. Never seen it myself but I just thought one would be able set up a tent, say they are going into town to the people infront and behind and then just come back at 6am

adee-gee
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
and do you still have to queue for such an amount?
I don't know what you mean....

Mobes
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
NO1 Court First Tuesday :)

Anyone else????

Puschkin
02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
anyone outside the UK already with a reply?

Agassi Aces
02-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I've got tickets for the first Monday on Court One. Usually a good selection with the likes of Hewitt, Roddick, Henman, Clijsters, Sharapova opening their campaigns on thie court.

Mobes
02-10-2007, 11:26 AM
My brother in law got tickets for No1 court 1st Thursday so i get to go twice (weather permitting) and i've still got the LTA ballot to go :lol: could be an expensive 2 weeks for me...

Anyone any ideas how they are posted out? It it CC tickets first then No1 then No.2 ??????

scoobs
02-10-2007, 11:38 AM
My brother in law got tickets for No1 court 1st Thursday so i get to go twice (weather permitting) and i've still got the LTA ballot to go :lol: could be an expensive 2 weeks for me...

Anyone any ideas how they are posted out? It it CC tickets first then No1 then No.2 ??????
Hateful :)

Mobes
02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Why you no go into the ballot Scooby???

(p.s if i ever get a spare ticket your first on my list :) )

scoobs
02-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Never got around to it after moving and stuff.

I may try and get some on resale if there are any returns but otherwise I'm contemplating the queue or just getting a ground pass one day.

tennis lover
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I got a pair of tickets for the first wednesday on court number 1! :banana: and my parents got tickets as well, so if they've got better ones I might try to swap...:angel:

MrExcel
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I got a pair of tickets for the first wednesday on court number 1! :banana: and my parents got tickets as well, so if they've got better ones I might try to swap...:angel:

Me too :)

Horatio Caine
02-10-2007, 06:07 PM

I think they start allocating them from Day 01 all the way through to the final. That would explain why the first "winners" here were Monday, and why the latest "winner" in Andymonium is a Wednesday. So we're 3 days in, in theory ;)

adee-gee
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
I think Wimbledon are taking the piss.

Out of the 15 ballot entries I sent for different people, I've had 2 back. Both of them, Sunday the 8th of July (finals day). However, they've kindly offered me Court 1 which I believe will be showing over 35s doubles final and the girls doubles final. Thrilling.

El Legenda
02-11-2007, 12:47 AM
why doesnt Wimbledon do first come first serve...:confused:

tennis lover
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Me too :)
:yeah:

Out of the 15 ballot entries I sent for different people, I've had 2 back. Both of them, Sunday the 8th of July (finals day). However, they've kindly offered me Court 1 which I believe will be showing over 35s doubles final and the girls doubles final. Thrilling.
the same for both of them? :rolls: I'm sorry Adam, I don't mean to laugh but you have to admit it's pretty funny, you couldn't have got worse tickets and you got them twice! :o

LaTenista
02-11-2007, 02:59 AM

Hope to see you there Sue. :wavey:

:hug: I know they are. They sent me a brochure on attending the Championships without advance tickets instead of a ballot application. :retard:

adee-gee
02-11-2007, 07:36 AM
the same for both of them? :rolls: I'm sorry Adam, I don't mean to laugh but you have to admit it's pretty funny, you couldn't have got worse tickets and you got them twice! :o
Yeah :sobbing: I could see the funny side if I'd got other tickets, but I haven't :crying2:

Mobes
02-11-2007, 09:59 AM

I know you sent them from different adresses mate but if you sent SO many i wouldnt suprise me if they caught on to it....and gave you those tickets to teach you a lesson :lol: Don't panick though....there's still time....

reversevolley
02-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, not had much luck in the Wimbledon section so thought i'd try here (although this message will probably be moved) but has anyone who entered the Wimbledon ticket ballot had a response yet particularly those who live in the UK? Cheers

Taz Warrior
02-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Yes, some people got a response through a couple of weeks ago :) There was a thread about it here I think :scratch:
I haven't heard anything myself :sad: although they do send them through in stages

reversevolley
02-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Well I hope their still in the process of sending them out

Cat123
02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I didn't even enter the ballot, even if I were successful I wouldn't be able to afford court tickets anyway!! :rolleyes: Queuing up for ground passes it is! :D I like it that way, I live so close I can decide whether or nont to go based on OOP!

reversevolley
02-21-2008, 09:54 AM
It may be an option this year actually, im intrigued by the process though, if you take chairs and stuff where do you store those while watching the tennis and also what time do you need to start queuing to get centre court tickets on say the first friday or saturday.

Timbo
02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
don't bother taking a chair...it'll get taken from you anyway...everyone just sits on the grass. Take an umbrella though...

decrepitude
02-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I didn't even enter the ballot, even if I were successful I wouldn't be able to afford court tickets anyway!! :rolleyes: Queuing up for ground passes it is! :D I like it that way, I live so close I can decide whether or nont to go based on OOP!

Lucky you in that case. It has to be planned like an expedition for me to get there!

And yes, they are still coming out, I know someone who got their letter 3 days ago; plus, even a month later, you can get an offer of seats that the original recipient has not taken up.

reversevolley
02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh thats cool, if I can remember rightly I didn't hear until the enf of Feb beginning of March last year so looks like a lil more waiting until I decide anything

jazar
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM

used to be the same for here. still is in a way, i live close but i have to work most days and go on my days off now

khanazam
11-23-2008, 05:51 AM
so theres a ballot you have to enter to get wimbledon 2009 tickets. you have to first send a self addressed envelope by dec 15th, then they send u an application form and u must have completed taht by dec 31st. i live in canada and i dont know how between the 15th and the 31st, they will send me a form and i will send them a reply. are there any internationals who bought wimbledon tickets? if so how did this ballot work? is this really the only way to get tickets for face value? thanks.

JimmyV
11-23-2008, 06:07 AM
The ballot allows you entry into a one on one tournament of gladiatorial combat held by the LTA from March 12-24. You must defeat at least two opponents in order to be allowed the privilege of buying tickets. Victory is achievable through either death or maiming.

MrExcel
11-23-2008, 09:33 AM
so theres a ballot you have to enter to get wimbledon 2009 tickets. you have to first send a self addressed envelope by dec 15th, then they send u an application form and u must have completed taht by dec 31st. i live in canada and i dont know how between the 15th and the 31st, they will send me a form and i will send them a reply. are there any internationals who bought wimbledon tickets? if so how did this ballot work? is this really the only way to get tickets for face value? thanks.

They will send you a form anytime from August each year, the 15th December is the latest they will send you one. So if you live abroad just send off the SAE ASAP and you'll have enough time.

Kate1525
11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Don't you think that it is easier to buy tickets during the tournament?
I went to Wimbledon this summer and bought tickets for the quaterfinal Safin - Lopez before the match.
You will have to queue, but anyway it is easier :)

buddyholly
11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
And if you get tickets in the lottery, you get two tickets for one of the three show courts on one day of the tournament.

That means you could get two tickets in the back row for the first Monday on Court No. 1 and it might rain all day. Face it, Wimbledon does not want the unwashed public soiling their event, so they make getting tickets a humiliating exercise.

q.j.
11-23-2008, 12:00 PM
The ballot allows you entry into a one on one tournament of gladiatorial combat held by the LTA from March 12-24. You must defeat at least two opponents in order to be allowed the privilege of buying tickets. Victory is achievable through either death or maiming.

:rolls:

pay for death

khanazam
11-23-2008, 03:08 PM
thanks guys. so i didnt know u could also queue for tickets. i just plan on going to the first or second round. i would probably arrive in london just 4/5 days before. do u guys think its likely the tickets will be sold before then?

vauxguy
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
All the information is on the website at
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about/tickets/tickets.html

But it is difficult to get lucky in the ballot especially if you're only going to be there for the first few days so it might be better to go and queue but you have to get there really early in the morning to get a good place and I think they open the gates at 10.30am.

Good luck.

Kate1525
11-23-2008, 04:21 PM
If you are lucky, you can buy tickets the day of the match you want to see, but it is always safer to buy them beforehand :)

buddyholly
11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
You queue early in the morning for ground admission.

But for those few tickets available each day for the show courts, don't you have to more or less get in the line the night before?

TheBoiledEgg
11-23-2008, 05:59 PM
you have more chance of winning the lottery than you have with getting a ticket through Wimbledon Ballot.

TheBoiledEgg
11-23-2008, 06:02 PM
If you are lucky, you can buy tickets the day of the match you want to see, but it is always safer to buy them beforehand :)

they just did a trial run for last 2 yrs cos of the new Centre Court layout, and only a few tickets can be bought the night before.
dunno if its gonna happen again though.

decrepitude
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
you have more chance of winning the lottery than you have with getting a ticket through Wimbledon Ballot.

My daughter and I have applied every year for the last six years, and one or other of us has got tickets every year.

Plus next year there will be more seats, what with the increased seating on Centre and the new Court 2.

However if you only want first or second rounds, queuing for ground admission is much cheaper - and you get some good matches on the outside courts in the first few days. We have always managed to get ground admission when joining the queue at about 7.30 am.

Foxy
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
My daughter and I have applied every year for the last six years, and one or other of us has got tickets every year.

Plus next year there will be more seats, what with the increased seating on Centre and the new Court 2.

However if you only want first or second rounds, queuing for ground admission is much cheaper - and you get some good matches on the outside courts in the first few days. We have always managed to get ground admission when joining the queue at about 7.30 am.

Thank you for the intel.
And what about queueing for tickets for Centre, 1, 2 and 3 show courts? When should I queue in order to get tickets. 3 a.m.? I am interested in the first week.

Arkulari
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I never do the lottery ticket thing, I rather go queueing for tickets at the matches I do wanna see :shrug:

Puschkin
11-24-2008, 06:18 AM

Not true. I never won anything in any lottery, but I got mens' final tickets in 2007 through the ballot - nothing in 2008, though.

Kate1525
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
they just did a trial run for last 2 yrs cos of the new Centre Court layout, and only a few tickets can be bought the night before.
dunno if its gonna happen again though.

This year I bought a ground ticket first and though there were no tickets left for Safin's match I was lucky to buy them after waiting for 3 hours in a re-sell queue for 5 pounds only. May be it happened because at the same time Murry played his match and every Englishman went there :)

Kate1525
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
But for those few tickets available each day for the show courts, don't you have to more or less get in the line the night before?

I suppose you are right, it's better to get in the line the night or two nights before :)

jtipson
11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
You can of course buy tickets to the back few rows of Centre Court online the evening before. They've done this for two years now, and it works very well.

Foxy
11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Thank you again all of you. But let us summarize.
If I want to queue and buy ground tickets at what time it is enough to go there and queue for them?
What about Show courts? I need info especially for the first week. :)

Pedigree
12-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to go to Wimbledon next year and am struggling with ticket prices. I have a number of questions that I'm hoping the veteran members of the board can help me out with. Let me preface this by saying that I went to the French Open in 2007 and tickets for the men's final and semifinals were, in total, around 1000 USD. I went to the US Open in 2008 and tickets for the men's final and seminfanals were, in total, around 400 USD. I know Wimbledon is considerably more expensive than those events, but I've been shocked at the prices I've seen so far.

1. I entered the lottery by mail. The chances that I win tickets through that are slim to none, I'm assuming. I guess I'll know for sure at the end of January.

2. My favorite player is Federer and I'd like to see him. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Nadal will play on 6-22-09 and 6-24-09 and Federer will play on 6-23-09 and 6-25-09 (for their opening round matches). Federer will also be playing (barring a rain delay) on 6-27-09 and 6-29-09. 6-29-09 would be an awesome session to go too as all the Round of 16 matches will be played that day. I'm too poor to go to the quarters/semis/finals. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.

3. I'm looking at the online ticket brokers and here are the prices I'm seeing (all in USD):
6-23-09 - Debenture (1100 - 1219)
6-25-09 - Debenture (1219 - 1400)
6-27-09 - Debenture (1755 - 1800)
6-29-09 - Debenture (1755 - 1886)

My understanding is that these are the best seats in the house, which would partially explain how expensive they are. Am I correct in assuming that these are the only tickets that have been released to the public and this explains why the only tickets I'm seeing are so expensive? When will the cheaper seats for Centre Court start showing up and how much do you anticipate those costing?

4. What's the deal with "queueing" for tickets? How does this work and what does this mean?

Any and all answers would be appreicated. Thanks.

scoobs
12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
This is how I think it works.

Debenture holders are guaranteed a ticket for every day of the championships, since they pay about £20,000+ for the privilege.

I think these are the tickets that are often sold on to the travel companies who advertise wimbledon packages or other sources of online ticketing services.

Another block of tickets, the bulk of what's left, are allocated to the public ballots - the general Wimbledon public ballot and the LTA members ballot.

For Centre Court, and No 1 Court, 500 tickets are reserved each day (this might be slightly more now that seating capacity has increased but I'm not sure), and these tickets are sold on the gate every morning to the general public in the queue, but this usually means joining the queue the previous afternoon and queuing overnight. This is true up to the last 4 days when no tickets are sold to the queue. Tickets prices for those can be found at the Wimbledon site but they'd be around £80 - £100 I imagine.

Finally, there's the late returns - Wimbledon have started in the last few years to sell any late untaken tickets via ticketmaster and release what they have online in the evening for the next day's play - so this is a highly uncertain, last resort method.

So the reality is - you either get lucky in the ballot, or you get organised in the queuing and make sure you're near the front for the next day, or you pay through the nose, or you get lucky with late resales.

It's not the easiest slam to get good tickets for - it's probably the hardest, but there we are - the tournament is always massively oversubscribed and they could probably fill a Centre Court the size of Ashe on a daily basis and still not satisfy demand.

EDIT - if I've got any of this wrong can someone post a correction, thanks :)

reggie1
12-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh Bo%%%%ks, I'm never going to get there!

Pedigree
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, that's my interpretation too. Do you know when lottery tickets are announced? It's still January, right? So if I haven't heard anything by February I'm out of luck.

I must say, this pricing system is pretty retarded. If demand is as high as you say it is, why don't they raise the price for the cheap tickets to something like 300 pounds (as opposed to 80 pounds) and put them on sale. They would still sell out, make a lot more money, and not have to put people through sitting on line for a day. Plus they'd get more international customers and generate more tourist income for the city.

Basic supply and demand...

It's a pretty backwards way of doing things, actually. I never want to hear a Wimbledon organizer complain about the money it takes to renovate the grounds again.

reggie1
12-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I read a post by an American who tried to get Wimbledon tickets, honestly it had me in stitches. I know that the size envelope that you have to send to Wimbledon is apparently only available in the U.K. Talk about make it difficult!

peterparker
12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to go to Wimbledon next year and am struggling with ticket prices. I have a number of questions that I'm hoping the veteran members of the board can help me out with. Let me preface this by saying that I went to the French Open in 2007 and tickets for the men's final and semifinals were, in total, around 1000 USD. I went to the US Open in 2008 and tickets for the men's final and seminfanals were, in total, around 400 USD. I know Wimbledon is considerably more expensive than those events, but I've been shocked at the prices I've seen so far.

1. I entered the lottery by mail. The chances that I win tickets through that are slim to none, I'm assuming. I guess I'll know for sure at the end of January.

2. My favorite player is Federer and I'd like to see him. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Nadal will play on 6-22-09 and 6-24-09 and Federer will play on 6-23-09 and 6-25-09 (for their opening round matches). Federer will also be playing (barring a rain delay) on 6-27-09 and 6-29-09. 6-29-09 would be an awesome session to go too as all the Round of 16 matches will be played that day. I'm too poor to go to the quarters/semis/finals. If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.

3. I'm looking at the online ticket brokers and here are the prices I'm seeing (all in USD):
6-23-09 - Debenture (1100 - 1219)
6-25-09 - Debenture (1219 - 1400)
6-27-09 - Debenture (1755 - 1800)
6-29-09 - Debenture (1755 - 1886)

My understanding is that these are the best seats in the house, which would partially explain how expensive they are. Am I correct in assuming that these are the only tickets that have been released to the public and this explains why the only tickets I'm seeing are so expensive? When will the cheaper seats for Centre Court start showing up and how much do you anticipate those costing?

4. What's the deal with "queueing" for tickets? How does this work and what does this mean?

Any and all answers would be appreicated. Thanks.

If you are willing to queue and get there the night before around 8pm you will almost certainly get a very good seat into whatever stadium you want to go to. Imo queueing's not that hard and well worth it to watch your favorite player play a match on centre court.

adee-gee
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't bother with debenture tickets mate. They're not necessarily the best seats, all it entitles you to is to go into a room and get some food and drink. Plus you have to wear a suit. Absolutely not worth the money.

You're better of queuing up on the night before Federer is playing if you want to watch him so badly. You can spend the £900 odd that you'll save on the best tent around :p

CooCooCachoo
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Be a true fan and queue :rocker: ;) It's worth the experience.

I still have to do the full overnight thing once though. And get drunk with Adam ;)

Foxy
12-19-2008, 10:50 AM
If you are willing to queue and get there the night before around 8pm you will almost certainly get a very good seat into whatever stadium you want to go to. Imo queueing's not that hard and well worth it to watch your favorite player play a match on centre court.

So for ground passes first week is it enough to queue the same day at the morning around 7 - 8 a.m.? Thanks.

scoobs
12-19-2008, 12:20 PM
So for ground passes first week is it enough to queue the same day at the morning around 7 - 8 a.m.? Thanks.
Yes, if you join the queue early morning of the day of play you should get a ground pass no problem

Sallydaisy
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
If you just want to enjoy the Wimbledon experience and aren't too worried about seeing a specific player then a Ground Pass is worth the money in the first week. There's loads of play on all the outside courts until late in the evening, you're close to whoever is playing and the atmosphere is great.

Once you are in, with a ground pass, you can then go to the top of Henman Hill (Aoorangi), and watch Centre Court action on the big screen whilst you queue for Court One and Centre Court return tickets (£???). You might be lucky and make it into the showcourts for a late afternoon/evening match. The seats are usually good ones...

arodessa
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here.:wavey: I wanted to ask a question.

Is there any chance to get the Wimbledon Centre Court tickets by queuing up? I'm talking about early tickets, like the first round tickets. I would love to see Federer play on the Tuesday June 23rd, but I don't know how early I have to start standing in line for that (and whether I need to buy a tent. ;-)

Anyone with a practical experience of actually getting Centre Court tickets this way? How long did you stand in line?

cool bird1
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
No but I want to do the same thing. I think if you get there really early like 5 or 6 you can still get centre and court 1 tickets

Burrow
03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes you can, it says something like that on the website.

arodessa
03-21-2009, 08:03 PM
thanks guys, I didn't know about the website thing.

but do you know anyone who has ever successfully queued up? Because all I hear about is that you need a tent :)

TheBoiledEgg
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
you wont get CC/#1 if you queue up at 5/6 am
you'll need to be there for around midnight, probably 10pm for those.

Often the Queue is already forming for the next days play when the previous day hasnt even started.
and few go straight back into queue after watching the days action.

TheBoiledEgg
03-21-2009, 08:18 PM
i suggest you read this

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/01queue.htm

arodessa
03-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks so much everyone, especially The BoiledEgg -- that was extremely helpful.

I have tickets for the first day, and I was hoping I could go back to my hotel after the play is over, grab the tent and eat in a restaurant before heading back to the queue for the second day (Federer).

This business with people queuing up before the previous day's action is over has me thrown...

Pedigree
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
OK, I've decided that I don't feel like sleeping outside overnight. So I have a few questions about grounds passes-
1. When will I have to enter the queue to get grounds passes? I'm thinking 4 or 5 AM the morning of the event.
2. If I have grounds passes, can I sit on that big ass hill they always show on TV and watch the matches on the big screen?

Again, I'm planning on attending Saturday June 27 and Monday June 29.

Thanks!

bizzle
06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe I can invade on your thread and ask a question too? :)

Some friends and I are talking about going on the first day and get ground passes. The only trouble is, we won't be able to get there until around 11.30 if we do go. I'm guessing this will be too late for ground pass tickets?

Langers
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Please tell me the US Open is not this hard to get tickets!!

decrepitude
06-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Pedigree - I have never had trouble getting ground passes when I start queuing about 8am, the earliest I can get there. I have only queued on weekdays, however, I expect Saturdays are busier. Last time we queued, a couple of years ago, there were two queues each with an allocation of 3000 ground passes and our queue tickets* were in the 2500's. Now there is only one queue, which at least means you don't have to agonise over which would be the shorter of the two!

*queue tickets - when you are standing in the queue stewards come round and hand out numbered tickets (not the actual entry tickets) for those people actually in the queue. This stops queue-jumping. You need to produce these numbered tickets when you get to the point of paying (and remember, cash only!)

Bizzle - 11.30 I would say is definitely too late, especially in the first week. Demand for ground passes is very high in the first week when there are good matches on on most of the courts. By the second week, the good singles matches are on the show courts and the outside courts just have juniors, veterans, and doubles. Arriving (with tickets) late in the second week we asked a steward where the queue was, and he said there wasn't one!

P.S. to whoever asked, yes the ground passes give you entrance to all the outside courts, "Henman Hill" and the practice courts.

nkp2
06-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Depends on the weather.

Last year, first monday, queued at 11.30am on day 1, and because it had been raining, the queue was non-existent and we walked straight in.

If its good weather, queue will be large from 8am onwards.

If you want Centre or Numbr 1 court, you have to queue overnight, if you want number 2 court, then latest I would arrive is 7am and you might just get lucky. Otherwise, anytime up til 9/10am and you should get in by the time play starts. After that you'll be waiting for people to leave.

Personally, just glad I have centre court tickets :D

Also, whoever said jump the ticket prices up to £300 and sell them - how on earth does that cater to the punter in the street? Who has that sort of money to throw around! Wimbledon is the best tournament purely for it;s ticket prices being so competitive and available. I would not have been to my home grandslam ever if they sold all the tickets in advance.

MurrayFan1
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Our train gets in at 8.10am for Monday. So we should be in the queue 8.50am at the latest I reckon? Do you guys reckon we'll get in fine?

Certinfy
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Im an assistant teacher at a secondary school, and im taking my/our (including other form head) form to wimbledon, and the head teacher wants us to all be in school at 7am, and we're in West London =/

MurrayFan1
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Im an assistant teacher at a secondary school, and im taking my/our (including other form head) form to wimbledon, and the head teacher wants us to all be in school at 7am, and we're in West London =/

Supid idea. You may as well make seperate ways there and meet at one point.

junkdelux
06-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if the grounds are open to the public this week? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on the website.

nkp2
06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know if the grounds are open to the public this week? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on the website.

The Wimbledon Museum should be open and the grounds for organised tours. Although they might be closed for players practising. If Qualies are taking place, they are free I think, so you can go watch, but half the qualies are at Roehampton (not too far away really). Pretty sure they are free as well. :wavey:

And in the queue for 8.50, like I said, depends on the weather, but IMO you will get in for play starting at the latest.

junkdelux
06-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Pretty sure they are free as well.

Thanks for the info. :wavey:

fast_clay
06-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Last year, first monday, queued at 11.30am on day 1, and because it had been raining, the queue was non-existent and we walked straight in.

yeah... i have had a similar experience in poor-ish weather... the person i took along thought i was full of sh!t when we waltzed straight on in, after telling her the legend of wimbledon queues...

Stensland
06-20-2009, 11:47 AM
can someone tell me about the ticket policies in general? i've heard from a friend that if you want to, say, get 4 people in, you'll need to have the 4 people standing in line. is that true? it's impossible to send one of them in the early hours and let the rest come at 10 am or something like that?

Chiseller
06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Try it with towels :lol:

Stensland
06-20-2009, 01:47 PM
so it is true? damn.

that was indee a good one btw, chiseller. :)

realtin
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I got returns tickets last year on ticketmaster for the first day of play and it worked out really well. Tickets went on sale on the Saturday before the tournament and for that day they cost £38 each. Had no probelms booking them although you don't know what seats you'll have until you get there - I was so happy to be getting on centre court I didn't really care where we were sitting!

When we got there we queued up for about 10 minutes outside (for these tickets you queue up at a different gate from where the main queue is) and we were then brought to the ticket office to collect the tickets - took another 10 minutes or so and our seats turned out to be amazing! Second row, right beside where the players come out from the locker rooms. Maybe we just got lucky, but it really couldn't have worked out better :)

raul123
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi Guys...

I am planning to go to Wimbledon to see non show court matches on Saturday 27th along with my wife and my 4 yr old son. As I understand I need to queue in at around 7 AM to get tickets. Do we all have to be there at 7 AM? Also is there any other way of getting in. I am interested in the overall atmosphere of the wimbledon. Is there any chance of getting tickets at around 5PM when some people might be leaving the court.

any suggestion would be hightly appreciated.

cheers.
R...

Pedigree
06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Will there be non-show court matches on Monday the 29th or is that too late?

The Pro
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi folks, sorry because people must ask this all the time.

A colleague wants to queue for a ground pass on Saturday. What time should he turn up to be guaranteed a pass?

I think 9.00am. I don't want to give him the wronf info.

Certinfy
06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Well im going tomorrow, and my mate wants me to be there at 8/9...

vbn
06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I would say much much much earlier. It's the one day of the tourney people with jobs can go to - people are already queueing for saturday before friday's play is finished....

tennishero
06-25-2009, 11:12 AM
would like to know this to.

from the Wimbledon website:

When to arrive
For a ground pass it is usually necessary to join the queue several hours before the grounds open. For a show court ticket many people choose to queue overnight to maximise their chances of getting a ticket for Centre, No.1 or No.2 Court.

Tomorow is probably the busiest day at Wimbledon too.

vbn
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Also, from the BBC live-Wimbledon today. Someone y/day started queueing at 10.30am and did not get entrance until 4pm.

kiwi10is
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I queued there on Monday. I arrived at 6:30 AM and I was No 2271 in the queue. At 9 AM there was a whole soccerfield full of waiting people and I doubt that all of them got a groundticket.

CooCooCachoo
06-25-2009, 03:20 PM
If the weather forecast is good and if Murray plays, then 9 AM is definitely too late. I am not sure if both are the case though.

Cloudygirl
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
You both stand no chance. On tuesday by 8.20ish the queue had 10000 people in it and there are only 6000 grounds passes. If you def want a ticket be there by 7

pesto
06-25-2009, 04:08 PM
What about in the second week? I was thinking of going and catching some juniors / doubles.

Cloudygirl
06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
If the weather forecast is good and if Murray plays, then 9 AM is definitely too late. I am not sure if both are the case though.

I arrived pretty much same time both days and on the first day when Murray wasn't playing, I was 500 further back in the queue. Federer is popular.

Pedigree
07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
OK, I'm not trying to offend anybody with this post, just stating my opinion. So, if you disagree, don't be upset :)

Wimbledon sucks and I will not be going back.

I understand that the tournament is extremly popular, but the organizers could make twice as much money by putting tickets on the market and letting demand dictate the price. Erecting the major barrier for entry (the queue) is great for London residents but terrible for everybody else. And for all the talk about Wimbledon being the only major event that lets an average guy buy premium tickets the day of the event blah blah blah ... they sell about 500 tickets a day to Centre and Court 1 through the queue while the arenas hold 15,000 and 11,000 spectators respectively. So the vast majority of fans at each are still the super-rich $1000 ticket purchasers or the regularly rich club members. Which explains why, when you watch Wimbledon on TV, there are small pockets of rowdy fans (mostly students, mostly British, who have time to spend an entire day camping out), surrounded by rich British socialites. This, "any old punter on the street" can go thing is a farce...

The French Open and the US Open are historical tournaments in two of the world's most populous cities and I had a much better time at each of those because I could order my tickets ahead of time and not stress out about the queue, running to courts to get seats, waiting for an hour outside of courts I wanted to get to, etc. I find the fact that I had to wait in a field for four hours to get a pass and then wait outside a court for an hour to see a decent match, once I arrived at the grounds, to be totally inexcusable.

Additionally, if you go to the French or the USO you don't have the fact that you are at a tournament with a lot of history and tradition shoved in your face every twenty seconds. You can actually enjoy and appreciate the tennis without this obligation to feel honored to be on the hallowed ground of Wimbledon.

I dunno, maybe if the pomp and circumstance appeals to you, Wimbledon is the way to go. I don't really think Wimbledon is about the tennis. It's about the event, being seen, what type of passes you have, which areas only members have access too, etc. I don't need to see the fact that every nice looking area on the grounds is members only. OK, OK, I get it. Members are my superiors. Whatever ... the whole atmosphere is very class-based ... very elitist ... very ceremonial and artificial.

Perhaps it's just me, but Wimbledon did not appeal at all. I'd rather go to just about any of the other top twenty tournaments than go to Wimbledon again.

London was a cool ass city, though.

Tsongation
07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
As you knew while writing that post Pedigree, all would not agree with you. This is my 2nd straight year going to Wimbledon with out a ballot ticket & I have been on Centre, Court 1, Court 2, etc. If you're coming from the US, I'm assuming you're on vacation so get up & get in the queue. This year, I even got Centre courts on Murray day because my friends & I decided to queue on middle sunday. There are some unique tricks you can do that won't require you being at the queue 24 hrs. In fact, we went to the movies & hung out a little in London all at the same time we were in line for 2nd row seats to Center court. Be creative man. :lol:

I will go to the US as well. I like that atmosphere as well despite my seats next to God. ;)

Pedigree
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I hear you, but I went sightseeing on the second Sunday and hit some pubs on Saturday (as opposed to fighting the Murray crowds). I only get a certain number of vacation days each year and if I'm going to take a vacation to London I would really rather not spend an entire day sitting in a field.

decrepitude
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
So the vast majority of fans at each are still the super-rich $1000 ticket purchasers or the regularly rich club members.

Not correct. The majority of tickets are obtained through the public ballot, at perfectly reasonable prices.

I am far from rich (living on a pension, and having to travel nearly 300 miles to London on an overnight coach to save on travelling expenses) but I have been every year for the past 5 years with tickets obtained either by myself or my daughter - who does not live with me and can apply separately - through the public ballot.

Pedigree
07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Not correct. The majority of tickets are obtained through the public ballot, at perfectly reasonable prices.

I am far from rich (living on a pension, and having to travel nearly 300 miles to London on an overnight coach to save on travelling expenses) but I have been every year for the past 5 years with tickets obtained either by myself or my daughter - who does not live with me and can apply separately - through the public ballot.

Well, that raises the question, how many tickets are avaialable through the ballot? It seems odd that one of you has won the ballot five times in a row ... my understanding is that the odds are very long to win.

alansk
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
my understanding is that the odds are very long to win.

I don't see how that can be true - it's not the lotto ffs. Presumably the number of ballot tickets is in the tens of thousands or some other large amount. And not many people even know how to enter the ballot, let alone get off their arse to send the envelope to get the application form and then send the form off 6/7/8/9 months in advance.

30% or 40% chance or somesuch probably.

Burrow
07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
well 30% is a pretty low percentage if you were to make it there 5 years in a row, seems like the lotto "ffs".

alansk
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
well 30% is a pretty low percentage if you were to make it there 5 years in a row, seems like the lotto "ffs".

she said her and her daughter apply, so if it were 50% chance, that's exactly what you'd expect. 30/40/50% whatever, fuck knows.

Pedigree
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.britishtennis.com/tickets/wimbledon.shtml

"You can enter the Wimbledon public ballot. Due to demand your chances of obtaining tickets via this method are slim to none. From our experience you may get lucky once ever 4-5 years."

Again, none of this would be an issue if they just sold tickets on the market like any other organizer of a major sporting event.

nobacherie
07-02-2009, 01:49 PM
How early would someone have to queue up to get a ground pass for the final match?

TheBoiledEgg
07-02-2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.britishtennis.com/tickets/wimbledon.shtml

"You can enter the Wimbledon public ballot. Due to demand your chances of obtaining tickets via this method are slim to none. From our experience you may get lucky once ever 4-5 years."

Again, none of this would be an issue if they just sold tickets on the market like any other organizer of a major sporting event.

that way people buy lots and just sell them :o

TheBoiledEgg
07-02-2009, 02:08 PM
How early would someone have to queue up to get a ground pass for the final match?

depends if Haggis is in final or not.
you normally dont need to queue at all in 2nd week.

they saying that they will only let 4000 in to watch the final on Henman Hill on the Sunday.

Pedigree
07-02-2009, 02:29 PM
that way people buy lots and just sell them :o

Uh ... every other major tennis tournament seems to have success with the normal "sell tickets on the market" method. But this it the way Wimbledon has always operated. And if there’s one thing that Wimbledon values over efficiency, profitability and fairness - it’s tradition.

jimbojames365
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but Stevegtennis have just posted this free wimbledon tickets
competition... http://www.stevegtennis.com/shop/win-tickets-to-wimbledon-2013

If anyone has any free tickets can you let me know as I will be in London both weeks and am desperate to see the tournament.

Jeffery
02-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Help:

Is still possible for the general public (outside UK) to buy tickets for this year's edition?

ProdigyEng
02-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Help:

Is still possible for the general public (outside UK) to buy tickets for this year's edition?

Nope, the ballot passed sadly.

Jeffery
02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Nope, the ballot passed sadly.

Can you please tell me how the ballot system works?

ProdigyEng
02-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Can you please tell me how the ballot system works?

Basically you enter the ballot, via post if you are in the UK, or online for international applicants (1st year this was done) and then they allocate the tickets to the public via random draws of all those who entered the ballot. This goes on up until the week before the championships, the main bit is done from this month for the main batch of tickets then I guess nearer the time they keep drawing names of those in the ballot since some who were succesful did not pay for their ticket in time.

ProdigyEng
02-09-2014, 09:56 PM
But Jeffery if you want tickets all is not lost, you can queue overnight for centre court tickets, or early morning for ground pass.

decrepitude
02-10-2014, 10:34 AM
A couple of pages back I posted that my daughter and I (who do not live together) had got tickets in the Ballot 5 years in a row. This seemed to cause some surprise as being above average expectancy. I'd just like to say that we have got none at all since then!

InfoKenway
02-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Cucumber Cocktail.

ProdigyEng
02-10-2014, 11:06 AM
A couple of pages back I posted that my daughter and I (who do not live together) had got tickets in the Ballot 5 years in a row. This seemed to cause some surprise as being above average expectancy. I'd just like to say that we have got none at all since then!

All luck of the draw then.

PitsOfTheWorld
02-11-2014, 07:32 PM
I entered the ballot online this year. Planning on being in England for the final day of men's qualies, the Eastbourne QFs, and the entire first week of Wimbledon. I'll be queueing those days for grounds passes and at least one day for showcourts (plus trying the day before seats on Ticketmaster), but it'd be a big help for my planning if I could get a showcourt ticket in that week from the ballot. Hope we start to hear soon--you'd think the online overseas applicants would hear sooner.

ProdigyEng
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Bagged mens qf on cc lol. Well my Grandma did. We both entered this year to boost chances. Will see if I am succesful myself later.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

coconut5
02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Bagged mens qf on cc lol. Well my Grandma did. We both entered this year to boost chances. Will see if I am succesful myself later.

I entered the ballot this year, but I thought the results wouldn't be out till the end of March? Anyway, did they just send you an email to say you were successful?

ProdigyEng
02-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I entered the ballot this year, but I thought the results wouldn't be out till the end of March? Anyway, did they just send you an email to say you were successful?

I notice that you are from ireland so did you have to enter online? If so I am not sure when you will be contacted.

I got a letter mid Feb last year and this year my Grandma has a letter.

coconut5
02-17-2014, 02:15 PM
I notice that you are from ireland so did you have to enter online? If so I am not sure when you will be contacted.

I got a letter mid Feb last year and this year my Grandma has a letter.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I entered online. Thanks for the info. I figure there are probably two separate draws.

decrepitude
02-17-2014, 02:34 PM
If I remember rightly, the tickets are allocated in batches anyway over a week or more. Then, if some of the offers are not taken up, those seats are allocated later.

In 2008 my daughter got an offer of the first day, Court One, then I got the offer of the Men's Final a week later. We had already accepted the first - but we could hardly turn down the second, could we? :lol: So we went twice that year.

ProdigyEng
02-17-2014, 05:47 PM
has any one ever gone on tickets that did not have their name on ?
My grandma is worrying what will happen if she does not go as it says the named ballot applicant must be present, but last year the tickets didn't even have our names on and we were not ID'd so I don't think there would be an issue.

ProdigyEng
02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Cheers.

So I am not allowed to pay on my debit card?

TigerTim
02-17-2014, 10:43 PM
If I remember rightly, the tickets are allocated in batches anyway over a week or more. Then, if some of the offers are not taken up, those seats are allocated later.

In 2008 my daughter got an offer of the first day, Court One, then I got the offer of the Men's Final a week later. We had already accepted the first - but we could hardly turn down the second, could we? :lol: So we went twice that year.

unlucky, the final won't live long in the memory :lol: :worship:

ProdigyEng
03-21-2014, 05:36 PM
My luck continues, Mens Semi Final Tickets!!!!!!

Dave_92
03-21-2014, 05:44 PM
:ignore:

Rainalkar
03-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi guys, I am planning to come to London and visit Wimbledon on the first Saturday (I would probably line up for the que).
Maybe you could help me with a few things?
1. do you know is there some official ticket exchange for Wimbledon as there is for Roland Garros?
2. I will arrive on Gattwick late friday. Any suggestions how to get to Wimbledon and where to look for an accommodation? I will leave on sunday, early afternoon.

Thanks!