2007 cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2007 cheering thread

Nymeria
12-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey Kristof fans :wavey: the Fly had a tough start of the year, so time that we cheer a bit louder for him! So that's why Mae and I thought it would be nice to get him a cheering thread.

Please come in here and cheer him to some great victories :yeah:

And feel free to give your ideas about a nice threadtitle, would be nice to cheer it a bit regularly, depending on where he plays and how his results are.

Go Kristof :bounce:

For those who missed it, Kristof mentioned in his ATPblog during Auckland tournament that he has a nickname, Fly, this is because Vliegen is a Dutch word meaning "to fly"

12-24-2006, 04:00 AM
The team for Belgium has not yet been picked. But they put the Aussies on clay which I think is a great idea :D

12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Well Kristof is going to play as is Ollie. Chris R. isn't going to play because he has said he is going to retire. X-Man isn't playing because he has refused to play in the Davis Cup so much the other Belgium players are mad at him! He said he would play this time, but at this point at least he isn't due to feelings on the team :sad: I can understand the team's feelings, but I think the X-Man is needed because Belgium doesn't have a lot of known players :sad:

02-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Well some good news Chris R. is going to play :D The team will be Ollie, Chris, Kristof, and Dick Norman. I think the team might have been stronger, if the players could have put their feelings aside and had the X-Man on the team :sad:

Nymeria
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Go Kristof :bounce:

linus
02-05-2007, 03:02 PM
till now I just began my serious care for DavisCup :p

really happy for Kristof' DC journey :banana:

and I do have a feeling that he can win a singles tie :aplot: :cool:

guy, fly, focus all of you here :hug:

02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Chiudi-fan great job on this thread :D I don't know if you asked a Moderator about a sticky for the Schedule Thread and this cheering thread so I asked one to put a sticky up for each thread in a PM.

Nymeria
02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Good you asked this Mae, as I indeed did not so far :) will be nice to have those two threads as sticky's.

02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Good you asked this Mae, as I indeed did not so far :) will be nice to have those two threads as sticky's.
Yes it will be nice :D I asked Neely and she is always good about helping people so it is just a question of when she sees that PM :) I really hope we can get Kristof more fans and more posters wouldn't hurt things at all.
But he has got to get back to playing tennis the way he was last year!

Nymeria
02-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes it will be nice :D I asked Neely and she is always good about helping people so it is just a question of when she sees that PM :) I really hope we can get Kristof more fans and more posters wouldn't hurt things at all.
But he has got to get back to playing tennis the way he was last year!

Maybe we should make some adds "Great player looks for fans" :p

02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe we should make some adds "Great player looks for fans" :p
:haha: I wish we could say that! But the X-Man has gone by Kristof in the Rankings easily :sad: I like the X-Man, but it was nice when Kristof was for a while the Number 1 player of his country :) It just didn't last very long :sad:

Nymeria
02-05-2007, 09:51 PM
:haha: I wish we could say that! But the X-Man has gone by Kristof in the Rankings easily :sad: I like the X-Man, but it was nice when Kristof was for a while the Number 1 player of his country :) It just didn't last very long :sad:

Belgium has 3 (actually 4, but Chris is a bit less good than the others imo) great players, who, I think, will change being the best of the country regularly. Wouldn't be surprised if soon Oli or kristof is teh best again. Kristof just didn't have a great start of the year, but there are still many parts in the year where he can improve and gain points for his ranking :)

Neely
02-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Chiudi-fan great job on this thread :D I don't know if you asked a Moderator about a sticky for the Schedule Thread and this cheering thread so I asked one to put a sticky up for each thread in a PM.
Yes, threads stuck! :wavey: If you don't need or don't want it anymore stickied, a supermod can make it undone again at any time, just tell one of them!

02-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Yes, threads stuck! :wavey: If you don't need or don't want it anymore stickied, a supermod can make it undone again at any time, just tell one of them!
Thanks so much Neely :) No matter where I am you always take care of me :D

linus
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
and I do have a feeling that he can win a singles tie :aplot: :cool:
what a me :cool:

:lol:

Kristof, well done :yeah:

Nymeria
02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
He played great, really liked the match. Didn't see too much, maybe 1,5 set in total. But it was nice to see him reaching a good level in front of the home crowd :)

delsa
02-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Very well done to Kristof for his 5-set defeat of Lleyton Hewitt! :yeah:

ufokart
02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Kristof :worship:

02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Kristof won :bounce: I haven't seen any Davis Cup scores yet. I really need to get to the site and check up on things.

02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Very well done to Kristof for his 5-set defeat of Lleyton Hewitt! :yeah:
Great he defeated Lleyton :woohoo: We kind of messed things up in the Forum. I had already started this thread for the Davis Cup and then when the cheering thread was started it started out with the Davis Cup also! I think I need to ask a Moderator to blend the two threads before things really get confused.

Nymeria
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Kristof won :bounce: I haven't seen any Davis Cup scores yet. I really need to get to the site and check up on things.

The reason why I missed a part of Kristof's match, is that my eyes were fixed on the scoreboard :lol: but when I heard the commentators saying there were some good moments, I watched the replay of the point :p

Nymeria
02-10-2007, 07:01 PM
They lost doubles today, I didn't see a lot as I had to switch channel between world championship speedskating, WTA SF of Safarova and the doubles of the Belgians. But what I saw didn't look too good, also the score showed that the Aussies definitely were better.

Good luck to them tomorrow :yeah:

02-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Well Kristoff and Ollie hadn't played much Doubles together, but I heard the Aussie team had only played together once :eek: So I had wanted a better result. But now they are stuck with having someone win a Match today :sad: But everyone else is in the same situation in the Davis Cup :lol: All Ties will be won on what happens today! So Good Luck Guys :D

Nymeria
02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I like it that no tie is decided yet. Go Belgians :yeah: Hope they can finish it today in the first match already :)

02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I like it that no tie is decided yet. Go Belgians :yeah: Hope they can finish it today in the first match already :)
I would love for that to happen myself :D

Nymeria
02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I would love for that to happen myself :D

Ah well not just for myself, but also for Kristof. I don't know how he'll play if he has to play the deciding match. And as he had quite a bad start of the year so far... but I hope this weekend is the start of better results for Kristof :)

Nymeria
02-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Oli did lose his match, so it's up to the Fly to win the tie. C'mon Kristof :bounce:

Nymeria
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
And he did win with 3x 6-4 :yeah: :bounce: I like this after the hard start of the year for Kris :)

Patxy
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I never come here. So I just wanted to say hi everyone and congratulations for the victory over Australia :hug:
Kristof is my fave, btw... :)

OLGABEL
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Well done, Kris!!!! :clap2: Fantastic!!!! :yeah:

CONGRATS TO BELGIAN TEAM!!!! :hug: :hug:

02-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I never come here. So I just wanted to say hi everyone and congratulations for the victory over Australia :hug:
Kristof is my fave, btw... :)
Welcome to Kristof's Forum Patxy :wavey: And Congrats to Kristof for winning the deciding Rubber :woohoo: Now I hope he can carry this winning into the up coming Tournaments.

Patxy
02-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Thank you Mae! :wavey: :)

02-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Thank you Mae! :wavey: :)
You're welcome :wavey:

Nymeria
02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Welcome to Kristof's Forum Patxy :wavey: And Congrats to Kristof for winning the deciding Rubber :woohoo: Now I hope he can carry this winning into the up coming Tournaments.

I hope so too! :yeah: this should help him a lot mentally, and may it lead to some great tournament results

Nymeria
02-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Mae, seems our threads have been merged... so it's up to you now to change the threadtitle

linus
02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I like DC, not only for team spirit but also there, win or loss will gain a guy confidence.

Kristof really has made his DC first year so successfully :yeah:

I am indeed proud of him :worship:

keep it up, my guy fly :woohoo:

Nymeria
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Kristof played his first round match of Rotterdam tournament today. He played really really well vs. Jarkko Nieminen. And I really enjoyed watching teh match.

Tomorrow he will play his first round doubles, with O.Rochus. Will watch the match again of course. :bounce:

Nymeria
02-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I didn't see his singles match, 2nd round, as he played at the same time of a different player I wanted to see. Sadly he lost it tho. I did see the doubles first round, they did play quite ok, but you could notice that they mostly played for fun. They laughed a lot, esp. Kristof seemed to enjoy it. Even when they were losing at the end, they had smiles on their face. :)

Nymeria
02-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Dubai main draw... tough draw for Kristof. but hopefully he can play like in his first round last week vs. jarkko, he played really well there.

R Federer (1) v Pless
QF v Braccialli
QF v QF
Vliegen v Djokovic (7)

Davydenko (3) v QF
Lee v O Rochus
Serra v Bjorkman
Stepanek(wc) v Haas(5)

Ferrer (8) v Soderling
Bahrouzyan (wc) v Hrbaty
Kohlschreiber v Simon
Santoro v Robredo (4)

Berdych (6) v Al Ghareeb (wc)
Youzhny v Nieminen
Andreev v Gicquel
Baghdatis v Nadal (2)

Nymeria
02-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Monday, 26th February

CENTRE COURT start 2:00 pm
O Bahrouzyan (UAE) vs D Hrbaty (SVK)
T Berdych (CZE) vs M Al Ghareeb (KUW)
Not Before 7:00 PM
R Federer (SUI) vs K Pless (DEN)
F Santoro (FRA) vs T Robredo (ESP)

COURT 1 start 2:00 pm
I Andreev (RUS) vs M Gicquel (FRA)
F Serra (FRA) vs J Bjorkman (SWE)
Not Before 5:00 PM
Andreev/Ferrer (ESP) vs Baghdatis/Simon - Possible Court change

COURT 3 start 4:00 pm
H Lee (KOR) vs O Rochus (BEL)
Not Before 5:00 PM
[1]Knowles/Nestor vs Bopanna/El Aynaoui
Rochus/Vliegen (BEL) vs Bahrouzyan/Nader (UAE) - After suitable rest

Nymeria
02-25-2007, 03:15 PM
(1)KNOWLES, Mark BAH/NESTOR, Daniel CAN vs (wc)BOPANNA, Rohan IND/EL AYNAOUI, Younes MAR
ANDREEV, Igor RUS/FERRER, David ESP vs BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP/SIMON, Gilles FRA

(3)SANTORO, Fabrice FRA/ZIMONJIC, Nenad SRB vs BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE/HAAS, Tommy GER
DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS/YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS vs ALLEGRO, Yves SUI/FEDERER, Roger SUI

BHUPATHI, Mahesh IND/STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs HRBATY, Dominik SVK/NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE/PALA, Petr CZE vs (4)DAMM, Martin CZE/PAES, Leander IND

ROCHUS, Olivier BEL/VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs (wc)BAHROUZYAN, Omar UAE/NADER, Mohammed UAE
COETZEE, Jeff RSA/WASSEN, Rogier NED vs (2)HANLEY, Paul AUS/ULLYETT, Kevin ZIM

Nymeria
02-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Btw. Where is everybody? :shrug: you guys fighted for a Kristof forum, and nobody posts here anymore. I know Mae wanted to leave the board, and seems ot have done this. But there should be more fans!!!

OddJob
02-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Well I'm a big fan of Kris but sadly I haven't been on the boards for months (I got bored) Not too long ago our Fly didnt even have his own subforum so this is super cool.:)

Kris had such a good start to '06 but it's been a little tougher this year. I just hope he findd his good form again. Granted he had a great tie with Australia that's been the highlight but the year is still young.

I'm a little worried about his 1st round tho. Novak is a tough cookie but he had a long week in Holland so Kris might catch him a little tired.;)

Best of Luck to Kris in Dubai!!!!!!!!!!

Nymeria
02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
:wavey: OddJob
Yeah kris forum is still quite new, now we're looking for fans to keep it active. So nice you are here now :yeah:

Great that you are his fan :yeah: When did you become his fan? :)

linus
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
first match is fair to both to be tough :angel:

Kristof, if you can, please fly ;)

linus
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Btw. Where is everybody? :shrug: you guys fighted for a Kristof forum, and nobody posts here anymore. I know Mae wanted to leave the board, and seems ot have done this. But there should be more fans!!!
what was up? :confused: once so active everywhere at MTF :o

Nymeria
02-26-2007, 06:21 PM
They won their doubles 6-2, 6-1 :yeah:

Nymeria
02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
what was up? :confused: once so active everywhere at MTF :o
I don't know :shrug: imo she was always quite active and I dunno why she doesn't like it anymore.

Nymeria
02-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Court 1
Matches start at 2.00pm
Ferrer (ESP) vs. Soderling (SWE)
Not Before 4.00pm
Youzhny (RUS) vs. Nieminen (FIN)
followed by
Vliegen (BEL) vs. Djokovic (SRB)
Not Before 7.00pm
Davydenko/Youzhny (RUS) vs. Allegro/Federer (SWI)

Nymeria
02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
:eek: I wish I was in Dubai, 3 matches in a row I would love to see :lol:

OddJob
02-27-2007, 04:15 AM
:wavey: OddJob
Yeah kris forum is still quite new, now we're looking for fans to keep it active. So nice you are here now :yeah:

Great that you are his fan :yeah: When did you become his fan? :)

Hehe before he got this forum I was one of the only people in his thread. I've been following Kris for awhile I can't even remember how far back it goes.:lol:

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Hehe before he got this forum I was one of the only people in his thread. I've been following Kris for awhile I can't even remember how far back it goes.:lol:

Nice to read there are here some fans for a longer time already. I always cheered for Kris, because he is a Belgian, but I am only a real fan since the Ordina Open last year :)

linus
02-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know :shrug: imo she was always quite active and I dunno why she doesn't like it anymore.
*sigh* sometimes maybe life means that

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
*sigh* sometimes maybe life means that

who knows, maybe she comes back. at the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 I had such moment as well that I really wanted to leave the board. Ah well, I stayed posting in a few threads, but very few posts a day. But I came back like before :lol:

linus
02-27-2007, 11:36 AM
really?? :lol: girls' style I think :aplot:

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 11:40 AM
But for me it was different, I spent my whole day here, didn't do anything else anymore. That wasn't good. I did post in 1 year like over 30000 posts :lol: Then I thought that was not what I wanted, so I just stopped. It did go really well. Now I do many things aside the board :) so it was a good decision for me. This way I like the board, just a few chats, cheering for a few players. Taht's it :yeah: I think I'll be online this afternoon to cheer for the Fly :bounce:

linus
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
But for me it was different, I spent my whole day here, didn't do anything else anymore.
werent you kidding :eek: Gosh.... you were crazy :lol:

That wasn't good. I did post in 1 year like over 30000 posts :lol: Then I thought that was not what I wanted, so I just stopped. It did go really well. Now I do many things aside the board :) so it was a good decision for me. This way I like the board, just a few chats, cheering for a few players. Taht's it :yeah:
exactly :yeah:

when I had time, I would spend some time chatting here with girls I like but I never have the feeling to go to know as many ppl here as possible :lol: I dont need this site to kill my time, just take some rest with tennis and tennis players' feeling :p when I am busy, I will cut myself here off. study/life is more important :lol: but if I do like the girls I know and talk with often, I will come from time to time even just one or two posts left. It fits me more.

I think I'll be online this afternoon to cheer for the Fly :bounce:
if they can begin play before my zero, I will cheer too.

finally we both go to the thread' real topic :lol:

Fly, fly !!

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
werent you kidding :eek: Gosh.... you were crazy :lol:
No it was really bad :o felt so ashamed about that :p

exactly :yeah:

when I had time, I would spend some time chatting here with girls I like but I never have the feeling to go to know as many ppl here as possible :lol: I dont need this site to kill my time, just take some rest with tennis and tennis players' feeling :p when I am busy, I will cut myself here off. study/life is more important :lol: but if I do like the girls I know and talk with often, I will come from time to time even just one or two posts left. It fits me more.
I didn't feel like chatting with many people, I did chat with a few, but some lived in australia, so chat with them in my morning, then the europeans I could chat with in my afternoon and those from south america and usa I had to chat with in evening :lol:
but it fits me more as well, to post a bit less. I used to hate computers a few years ago :o

if they can begin play before my zero, I will cheer too.

finally we both go to the thread' real topic :lol:

Fly, fly !!

I hope he does, would be nice if we can cheer for him together. What time is it for you now?

Yeah that's why I did add the sentence, to bring it back on topic :lol:

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Kris is leading with a break *4-3 :bounce:

Nymeria
02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
He lost, 6-4, 4-6, 3-6 but he showed a great fight, several breakchances. Sadly he couldn't go to a win. But I think vs. Djokovic this is a great result. Still sad tho :sad:

OddJob
02-28-2007, 03:09 AM
It was a pretty tough match. I actually thought Kris would get the win. :sad:

Kris needs to beat guys like Novak if he wants to get to the next level.

Nymeria
02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah I really thought so as well, he definitely had his chances this match. I hope Kris can start beating those guys. :) and I think those doubles can help him also in singles game :)

linus
02-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Kristof did lose his chance during the match :sobbing: that was the pay of youth :aplot: :devil:

:lol: take care, guy, next time !!

OddJob
02-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah I really thought so as well, he definitely had his chances this match. I hope Kris can start beating those guys. :) and I think those doubles can help him also in singles game :)

That's true and Kris/Oli are still alive in the dubs. The bad part is they play the 2nd ranked team. :unsure:

Best of Luck to the Belgians!!!

Nymeria
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
That's true and Kris/Oli are still alive in the dubs. The bad part is they play the 2nd ranked team. :unsure:

Best of Luck to the Belgians!!!

Yeah true, bad luck with their draw. But then I think they can beat them, if they play well, have good serves. Sadly there is not much attention for doubles, so we can't watch it. I saw them playing last week in Rotterdam, I really liked them together. I think if they do this more often, they can become a treat in doubles tennis :)

Nymeria
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Tomorrow OOP... doubles time for Kris and Oli

Court3
matches start at 4.00pm

Bhupathi/Stepanek (IND)(CZE) vs. Berdych/Pala (CZE)
followed by
O.Rochus/Vliegen (BEL) vs. Hanley/Ullyett (AUS)(ZIM)
TBA
Santoro/Zimonjic (FRA)(SRB) vs. Allegro/Federer (SWI)

OddJob
03-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Well thats it for Kris and Oli. :sad: They lost so time for the next tourney.

OddJob
03-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Tough draw for the Fly. :sad:

First the Dominator and if he gets passed him it will prob be Haas. :unsure:

Nymeria
03-07-2007, 07:35 AM
His part of the draw:

(9)HAAS, Tommy GER vs BYE
Q vs Q
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs Q
BYE vs (24)HRBATY, Dominik SVK
(26)SODERLING, Robin SWE vs BYE
GIMELSTOB, Justin USA vs BRACCIALI, Daniele ITA
DANCEVIC, Frank CAN vs Q
BYE vs (5)GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

At least he should be able to pass first round, vs. a qualifier. And I see possibilities vs. Hrbaty as well :)

Nymeria
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
COURT 6 start 10:00 am
WTA - A Radwanska (POL) vs [19]L Safarova (CZE)
ATP - G Garcia-Lopez (ESP) vs N Massu (CHI)
ATP - [Q]V Troicki (SRB) vs A Clement (FRA)
WTA - [18]F Schiavone (ITA) vs M Sucha (SVK)
ATP - [Q]L Dlouhy (CZE) vs [Q]W Moodie (RSA)
ATP - K Vliegen (BEL) vs [Q]T Gabashvili (RUS)

Gooooo Kristof :bounce:

OddJob
03-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Kris SHOULD win this match but u never know. Gabashvili isn't a bad player and he loves pace.

Best of Luck Kris!!!

Nymeria
03-10-2007, 09:17 AM
he lost :o 3-6, 4-6 :sad: Kris :hug:

OddJob
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont know what to say......:sad:

Kris is so much better than this result. Where did his form from last year go?

I bet it's his gf keeping on the phone late at night distracting him from tennis! :p

No doubles this tourney so back to Belgium

linus
03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Gosh... no word :tape:

he couldnt handle Tima at all :rolleyes: I did think both of them could beat Hrbaty while such a result was out of control... poor Kristof :hug:

linus
03-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I bet it's his gf keeping on the phone late at night distracting him from tennis! :p
:lol: not bad this excuse was

OddJob
03-14-2007, 04:27 AM
The Fly will be playing in BMW Tennis Championship

http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/2207/mds.pdf

He has a VERY tough 1st rnd :sad:

Nymeria
03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
This is just unfair! Why does he keep getting tough draws :awww: Kristof :hug:

Hagar
03-14-2007, 10:18 AM
My goodness, is this a challenger? A lot of good players in the main draw...

Nymeria
03-14-2007, 10:39 AM
It's full of players who lost early in Indian Wells, they still wanna play something this week ;)

Nymeria
03-15-2007, 11:28 AM
He lost 3-6, 3-6 :sad: I really hope he will soon start to win again

Let's hope for a better draw next tournament! :(

Nymeria
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
He plays doubles with Economidis and they won their first round 7-6, 7-6 vs. Clayton and Lake...

OddJob
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Dima must have been really on during this match. Poor Fly :sad:

I hope Kris doesnt become just a doubles players. :tape:

Nymeria
03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I think at the moment Tursunov is just too good for the Fly. I hope will soon find his level from last year again. And I am sure he won't become a doubles only player already now, he can still reach a lot in singles.
And tonight's last match will be the doubles of Kris and Economidis vs. Braciali/Starace :)

Nymeria
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
They won the above mentioned doubles with 7-6, 7-5 :) tonight is next doubles vs Koubek and Marach :)

Go Kris :yeah:

Nymeria
03-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Where are you all? Do you guys not care about challenger doubles :(

They're in final :bounce: they won SF 3-6, 6-3 11-9 :) And they final oponents will be Del Potro and Prieto :)

Nymeria
03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Konstantinos Economidis (GRE)/Kristof Vliegen (BEL) d. Juan Martin del Potro (ARG)/Sebastian Prieto (ARG) 6-3, 6-4 :bounce:

Nymeria
03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Vliegen's part of Miami draw:

(5)GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI/BYE
(WC)JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v MARTIN, Alberto ESP
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE/(26)MELZER, Jurgen AUT
(18)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS/BYE
(WC)KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA v QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER
GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v (WC)SWEETING, Ryan USA
BYE/(12)MURRAY, Andy GBR
(13)FERRER, David ESP/BYE
MONACO, Juan ARG v QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER
QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER v MONFILS, Gael FRA
BYE/(21)TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS
(32)SIMON, Gilles FRA/BYE
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA v HORNA, Luis PER
VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG v LEE, Hyung-Taik KOR
BYE/(3)RODDICK, Andy USA

linus
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Konstantinos Economidis (GRE)/Kristof Vliegen (BEL) d. Juan Martin del Potro (ARG)/Sebastian Prieto (ARG) 6-3, 6-4 :bounce:
late congrats Kristof for your doubles title this one :yeah:

linus
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
as for the one vs Paulo, Gosh, Kristof :hug:

I do want Paulo to win coz he does has a bad head ;)

Nymeria
04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Friday it's Davis Cup time again :D There is an article about Kristof on Belgian Teletext. It is about his bad results lately and then he said "if my problems weren't solved I wouldn't be here now." and it says he did stop with his coach last week and now has his thoughts on the Davis Cup, he says he wants "more fire" at the Davis Cup, that the fans are allowed to be really loud. :)

linus
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
good luck Kristof :angel:

fire pls :lol:

ufokart
04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Good luck Kristof :)

I really hope he can win his two matches :rocker2:

Nymeria
04-06-2007, 01:36 PM
It's nice to see him on tv again! and Kris is playing really well so far :bounce: wins first set in tb :woohoo:

linus
04-07-2007, 06:28 AM
it was said Kristof had some back problem, is it right? kinda worried :rolleyes:

Nymeria
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah I read that on the news this morning, he made a wrong move and it was a risk to continue playing. It's not sure if he can play on sunday

linus
04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
I even thought if their doubles loses today, of course Kristof wont need to play tomorrow :devil:

what a piece of sad news :o when clay is coming ...

04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes Kristof got off to a good start in DC. I hadn't heard about his back :sad: (But I have to admit I wanted Tommy to win the Match).

04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Well if Kristof's back is alright he will be in Monte-Carlo because they are saying the X-Man is still out due to his wrist injury :sad: That was bad about the X-Man getting hurt because he got his year off to a good start. Chiudi-fan are you doing a separate thread for the Clay Court Season or are you just going to continue this thread?

Nymeria
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey mae :wavey:

I hope his back problems won't be that bad and that he can soon play again.
I guess we can continue with this one for a while again, don't you think? It's only 3 pages long so far, so still really a small thread... I will change the title to clay season time or so. If you got a nice idea for a title, post it and I'll change it to that

04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey mae :wavey:

I hope his back problems won't be that bad and that he can soon play again.
I guess we can continue with this one for a while again, don't you think? It's only 3 pages long so far, so still really a small thread... I will change the title to clay season time or so. If you got a nice idea for a title, post it and I'll change it to that
I like your thread title and I do hope Kristof can "refind'
his tennis game :D The reason the thread isn't longer is because Kristof hasn't been playing well :sad: Actually the page count says this thread is seven pages long it must go back more than we thought :confused: But still the way Kristof has been playing I don't think we need a new thread :crying2: I wish we did need a new thread because it would mean Kristof was winning again ;)

Nymeria
04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I like your thread title and I do hope Kristof can "refind'
his tennis game :D The reason the thread isn't longer is because Kristof hasn't been playing well :sad: Actually the page count says this thread is seven pages long it must go back more than we thought :confused: But still the way Kristof has been playing I don't think we need a new thread :crying2: I wish we did need a new thread because it would mean Kristof was winning again ;)

I got a different number posts a page than the general mtf number of posts, so I got less pages ;) and I like this a lot more, so you don't have to change pages that often.

Actually I saw the first set of Kristof vs. Haas and there he played really well, it's sad that he got that back problem. I am sure Kris can get better results again, his game is good enough for it

linus
04-15-2007, 06:53 AM
kinda late while finally noticed where it was put ;) here is a video with Chinese narrations which is made mainly for three young guys in early of 2007: Nole, Kristof and Andy-M :)

the down link: http://www.rogepost.com/n/7700591491

Nymeria
04-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Kristof plays 2nd match at court des princes today (1st starts at 10). Good luck Kristof :yeah:

Nymeria
04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Kris did win 7-5, 6-3 :bounce:

linus
04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Paulo deserves such a loss ;)

Kristof, take care !!

Nymeria
04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Why did he deserve it? :scratch:

And I'm really happy wiht it, didn't expect this. Gooo Kris :D Now he'll have to play Safin :scared:

linus
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
it was simple ;)

Kristof needs more to face Marat, of course, I wont mind his another win *cough*

04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Congrats to Kristof on his win :D But now Marat :scared:

Nymeria
04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
:dance: seems he really is refinding his great game! Another win :bounce:

04-18-2007, 06:01 AM
:dance: seems he really is refinding his great game! Another win :bounce:
Over Marat even :yippee: :bounce: Allez Kristof :D

Nymeria
04-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, it's a good start of the clay season for him :D I hope he can continue in next round, but that's gonna be really tough. (Nadal or Chela... :scared: )

Nymeria
04-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Kris is gonna beat Nadal today :dance: :p
They play 4th match CC. Lots of luck Kris, you can use it :hug:

Nymeria
04-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Seems I was not right, he lost badly 1-6, 1-6. But after all I think this tournament was great for him :)

04-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Poor Kris :bigcry: He would have to come up against Nadal :sad:

Nymeria
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I think he was just not yet ready to play Nadal, he should look possitive at the two wins in this tourny and try to continue that in the next :)

Nymeria
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
:fiery: @ Kris' draw of this week. First round is ok, vs. Sanguinetti. But then in second round he would face Nadal again :rolleyes: anyway lots of luck Kristof :yeah:

tomorrow he'll play doubles :) he'll partner Lee

Nymeria
04-24-2007, 10:28 AM
At the ATP site:

Lee/Vliegen Oust Butorac/Murray

The new tandem of Hyung-Taik Lee and Kristof Vliegen surprised Eric Butorac and Jamie Murray 6-4, 3-6, 10-7 (Match Tie-break) on Monday at the Open Seat 2007.

Butorac and Murray, who are blogging this week from Barcelona, began their partnership last summer with a runner-up finish in Los Angeles and followed in their next ATP tournament appearances by winning the San Jose and Memphis titles.

Lee and Vliegen will next face fourth seeds Andrei Pavel and Alexander Waske, who have a 16-5 record as a tandem. They captured the 2006 Munich title in their partnership debut.

Oh and kris just played singles was doing really well but lost serve when serving for match :rolleyes: luckily he could break then in the next game so won 6-2, 6-4 :yeah: Goooo Kris (now Nadal again :fiery: )

linus
04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
:lol: Rafa again, it made me remind of something like complaint from Kristof :lol:

good start and chance to do nice try :yeah:

Nymeria
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
it's not that Kris only played bad this season, he had quite some bad luck with draws as well :( anyway, I hope he can do better than last week. Tho that shouldn't be a problem, as he only won 2 games then. Gooo Kris :yeah:

linus
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
:lol: I just wish Kristof to get well totally from his back things :p

maybe he can stop Rafa, who knows :aplot: :devil: why not :lol:

tho from today the score, it is still not enough :)

Nymeria
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
From Belgian TVtext (één)

VLIEGEN MAG ZICH OPMAKEN VOOR NADAL
Kristof Vliegen heeft zich geplaatst
voor de tweede ronde van het toernooi
van Barcelona. De Belg klopte Davide
Sanguinetti in twee sets: 6-2, 6-4.

Sanguinetti (ATP-107) kreeg in de eer-
ste set geen vat op de opslag van onze
landgenoot. Vliegen domineerde en ging
zelf twee keer door de opslag van de
Italiaan, goed voor setwinst: 6-2.

Sanguinetti kon in de tweede set iets
langer aanklampen, maar Vliegen sloeg
toe bij 5-4. De Belg mag zich nu weer
opladen voor een duel met Rafael Nadal.
Vorige week kreeg Vliegen in Monte
Carlo twee keer 6-1 om de oren.

it says that Kris did go to 2nd round by beating Sanguinetti, in first set Sanguinetti had no chance on Kris' serve. In the second chat it was more equal, but Kris broke at 5-4. And then it says that the Belgian will play Nadal again, and that he lost last week with two times 6-1. :)

I guess his back is better again, as he has been doing quite well in the tourny last week and also this. It's mostly the bad luck of draw. But who knows what's possible :yeah:

linus
04-24-2007, 10:52 AM
he was so lucky to face Marat Safin in fact last week :lol:

well, from the matches, I see Kristof really has talents on clay while now he still needs to stick his form there to be up a new level :cool:

linus
04-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I mean here he needs to be stable :yeah:

04-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Congrats to Kristof on his win :) But why does he always have to come up against Nadal so early in these Tournaments :bigcry: I mean I love Rafa :hearts: but poor Kristof :sad:

Nymeria
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
a nightmare again, tho he could win his serve 3 times now... lost 1-6, 2-6 I hope a better draw next tourny!

Nymeria
05-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Kris' part of qualifying draw Rome:

(3)Kristof Vliegen (BEL) vs Federico Luzzi (ITA)
(10)Teimuraz Gabashvili (RUS) vs Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)

And he will play his first round qualies match today at noon. Good luck Kris :yeah:

Nymeria
05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
He lost :o He had matchpoints in the third set tb... but he lost :(

05-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Poor Kristof :sad: I do seem to have jinxed him with this Forum :bigcry:
And his draws haven't helped him either :ras:

Nymeria
05-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Kris will start playing at 11am, his first round qualy match is vs. Seppi. Good luck Kris :)

05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Kris will start playing at 11am, his first round qualy match is vs. Seppi. Good luck Kris :)
Too bad one other player didn't pull out so Kris could have made it into the Main Draw :sad: Anyway Allez Kris :)

Nymeria
05-12-2007, 05:53 PM
It is definitely going the wrong way with Kris, now he coudlnt'even finish the match 3-6, 7-6(4), 1-3 Ret. :sad: (don't know yet why)

05-13-2007, 03:04 AM
It is definitely going the wrong way with Kris, now he coudlnt'even finish the match 3-6, 7-6(4), 1-3 Ret. :sad: (don't know yet why)
Could it be his back? I believe he has had some back problems :unsure:

Nymeria
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Could it be his back? I believe he has had some back problems :unsure:

That's possible, I've been checking some Belgian sites, but they only say that he retired, not why he did... as soon as I find something I'll post it.

05-14-2007, 05:38 AM
That's possible, I've been checking some Belgian sites, but they only say that he retired, not why he did... as soon as I find something I'll post it.
Thanks :) I just hope it is something minor and he will be playing again soon ;) I already have one favorite out :bigcry:

Nymeria
05-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah I hope so too... don't think I will find any info, otherwise it should've been there already. It just says everywhere his season ain't good so far and that he retired in first round qualies... so it's waiting, maybe I can get some info in Düsseldorf next week. :)

Nymeria
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
should've checked teletext before posting... he did sprain his ankle. Will get it checked in belgium, so far no danger for RG, don't know about WTC tho

05-14-2007, 10:58 PM
should've checked teletext before posting... he did sprain his ankle. Will get it checked in belgium, so far no danger for RG, don't know about WTC tho
Well, of course, it would have been better if he hadn't gotten hurt at all, but a sprained ankle shouldn't be too bad at least ;)

Nymeria
05-18-2007, 04:27 PM
At the WTC Belgium is in the same group with Czech Republic, Germany and Spain. They will play their first round vs. Germany at Sunday, means I will be able to see a part of the match. Hopefully the ankle won't hurt Kris anymore :)

Nymeria
05-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I saw Kris in Düsseldorf yesterday, he didn't play too well and he didn't seem happy, so I was a bit "scared" to ask him something. I got a pic of him tho, which is rather cute (but sad)... I go again tomorrow, will see if I can get to talk to him then :)

05-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Didn't he get defeated again :unsure:

Nymeria
05-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Yep lost to Hajek yesterday in two sets :sad:

Following a part of Belgian teletext (één or ketnet/canvas). It says that Kristof isn't really happy, he is losing courage. That he lost ranking. It's all in his head, behind the strong guy is a big doubter.
He says it all goes well at the training, but in the matches it goes wrong. He can't relax, makes wrong choices and is afraid to fail. :sad:

Een halve week voor Roland Garros loopt
Kristof Vliegen er niet bepaald vrolijk
bij. "De moed zakt mij in de schoenen",
zegt de Belgische tennisser in LDH.

Na zijn topprestaties in 2006 speelde
Vliegen 40 plaatsen kwijt op de wereld-
ranking. Hij is nu nummer 73. "Het zit
allemaal in het kopje. Onder die sterke
jongen zit een grote twijfelaar."

"Op training loopt het allemaal goed,
maar tijdens de matchen komt het er
niet uit. Ik kan me niet ontspannen, ik
maak foute keuzes en ik ben bang om te
falen. Ook Federer had even een dipje,
maar hij is toch van een ander niveau."

05-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Yep lost to Hajek yesterday in two sets :sad:

Following a part of Belgian teletext (één or ketnet/canvas). It says that Kristof isn't really happy, he is losing courage. That he lost ranking. It's all in his head, behind the strong guy is a big doubter.
He says it all goes well at the training, but in the matches it goes wrong. He can't relax, makes wrong choices and is afraid to fail. :sad:
That reminds me of the American tennis player Robby Ginepri. He has the same problems :rolleyes: :sad:

Nymeria
05-25-2007, 07:36 AM
That reminds me of the American tennis player Robby Ginepri. He has the same problems :rolleyes: :sad:

it's sad... because his trainings are great to watch, also because he has lots of fun there. Hopefully he'll soon find a way out and will play better again.

linus
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
really bad to get losses, one after another, which is not good to help a young player' confidence :hug: but dont lose yourself Kristof :) everyone meets tough tests in life, just gather yourself and be patient to overcome them :rocker:

anyway, get enough ready for RG 1st round, after all, Danai doesnt fit clay like you :aplot: :p

05-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Kris lost yet again :sad: I hope he can find his game at RG :unsure: This year is going by fast :eek:

Nymeria
05-26-2007, 12:19 PM
His draw for RG, I know that with the way he plays lately any draw is hard, but I don't complain about his first round:

Richard Gasquet FRA (11) - Nicolas Mahut FRA
Kristof Vliegen BEL - Danai Udomchoke THA
Martin Verkerk NED - Simone Bolelli ITA
Victor Hanescu ROU - Guillermo Canas ARG (19)

Let RG be the start of happier times! Allez Kristof :bounce:

05-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Allez Kristof :D

05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
He won :woohoo: Sorry I was so excited to see that Kristof had won I forgot the score :sad: Now if he can just keep it going :unsure: I don't remember the draw so I don't know who he plays next :unsure: With Kristof's luck probably Nadal :sad:

Nymeria
05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I was really happy to see a possitive result finally! couldn't post earlier as I had no laptop, now I will be active in posting again as I no longer need to borrow my mum's laptop but have my own back.

Gooo Kristof :bounce: and indeed no much luck for him, no Nadal,but heplays Gasquet.

05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Kris won again :woohoo: Again I can't remember the score, but I think he beat Gasquet in 3 Sets :yippee: Allez Kristof :D Two wins in a row at RG no less ;)

Nymeria
05-30-2007, 08:50 PM
he did play really great :worship: I was really happy to see this Kris,how nice that he could go to his better game at s tournament. Kris :worship:

Nymeria
05-30-2007, 09:21 PM
as I am so happy I decide now to post another happy post. It's better to post it here than annoying my friend, who is a Gasquet-fan, with it.

Kristof :bounce: :yippee: :crazy:

05-31-2007, 01:16 AM
as I am so happy I decide now to post another happy post. It's better to post it here than annoying my friend, who is a Gasquet-fan, with it.

Kristof :bounce: :yippee: :crazy:
I'm sure that will make your friend happy :lol: But now Kristof has to play Willy Canas :scared: And I like both players :sad:

05-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Well may be Kris' luck is changing. I know I saw where he was scheduled to play Canas, but on The Tennis Channel it says he is supposed to play Suk :confused: Who in the world is Suk :eek:

Nymeria
05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm sure that will make your friend happy :lol: But now Kristof has to play Willy Canas :scared: And I like both players :sad:

I read an article aout Kristof this morning, he said that Cañas did have his punishment and wasn't allowed to play for a long time, but that Kristof doens't like such people. That Kris isn't going to be friendly.
He says Cañas is the favorite, but Kristof will be extra motivated, that's for sure!

Quite strong words on this topic from him...

Nymeria
05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Well may be Kris' luck is changing. I know I saw where he was scheduled to play Canas, but on The Tennis Channel it says he is supposed to play Suk :confused: Who in the world is Suk :eek:

He will play Cañas... I have no idea who Suk is either :p

linus
05-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Kristof, Richie lost to you :sobbing: have to fight your best against Canas please :cool:

Sophie0283
05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
He's gonna beat Canas!!!

05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
He will play Cañas... I have no idea who Suk is either :p
Yes I saw on the MTF betting site that Kris was indeed going to have to play Canas :scared: I don't know Suk or why it stated on The Tennis Channel that he and Kris were going to play each other :shrug:

Nymeria
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Yes I saw on the MTF betting site that Kris was indeed going to have to play Canas :scared: I don't know Suk or why it stated on The Tennis Channel that he and Kris were going to play each other :shrug:

Suk makes me thinking of a Chinese chatfriend I got, but I doubt she'll be on court :p Goooo Kris, beat Cañas!!!!

Nymeria
06-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Sadly he lost today, 2-6, 2-6, 6-2, 3-6 (if I remember the score right). But I still think this was a great RG for him, nice that he could win some good matches. Let's hope he can continue this in the grass season :) (where I can see him 2 of the 3 tournies :cool: )

06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Sadly he lost today, 2-6, 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 (if I remember the score right). But I still think this was a great RG for him, nice that he could win some good matches. Let's hope he can continue this in the grass season :) (where I can see him 2 of the 3 tournies :cool: )
Lucky you :cool: :) I figured Canas would win. And may be
Kristof should have kept his thoughts on Canas to himself. If Canas learned of his comments, it just probably fired him up more. I can't help it I like Willy. He is a fun player to watch on court ;)

Nymeria
06-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually I agree with Kris on this topic, but I don't dislike Cañas... but I think you are right that Kris shouldn't have said so. I would like to read the whole interview, but I don't know where I can find it

06-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Actually I agree with Kris on this topic, but I don't dislike Cañas... but I think you are right that Kris shouldn't have said so. I would like to read the whole interview, but I don't know where I can find it
I would love to see the whole interview myself. If you ever find it, please post it. I believe in sports a player should never say anything that might fire up his opposition.

Nymeria
06-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I would love to see the whole interview myself. If you ever find it, please post it. I believe in sports a player should never say anything that might fire up his opposition.

you are right there. But i cannot really judge about how it is, until I've read it all. I only read some articles about it

Nymeria
06-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Kris is still doing great in doubles with Oli, after their first round win over Suk/Vik they won their second round today over Allegro/Thomas today with the score of 6-4, 6-4. tomorrow (2nd match court2) they will play Santoro/Zimonjic, which is a good team. Goooo Kris and Oli :yeah:

06-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Kris is still doing great in doubles with Oli, after their first round win over Suk/Vik they won their second round today over Allegro/Thomas today with the score of 6-4, 6-4. tomorrow (2nd match court2) they will play Santoro/Zimonjic, which is a good team. Goooo Kris and Oli :yeah:
Yes I just noticed Kris was still in the Doubles :) I always forget about the Doubles :banghead: But Santoro/Zimonjic are a good team and have been playing together for some time now. Kris and Oli have played together some, but nothing like Santoro/Zimonjic
:sad:

Nymeria
06-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Yes I just noticed Kris was still in the Doubles :) I always forget about the Doubles :banghead: But Santoro/Zimonjic are a good team and have been playing together for some time now. Kris and Oli have played together some, but nothing like Santoro/Zimonjic
:sad:

I don't forget about it, because I got some faves who are doubles players, but I usually forget to check if my singles players play doubles :lol:
Yeah the others are a good team that might be better used to each other, but that doesn't mean they don't have a chance.

Nymeria
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Btw. I am thinking of a new threadtitle... need one anyway as the grass season will start soon. Any idea?!

Nymeria
06-03-2007, 01:45 PM
They lost with a score of 7-5, 3-6, 2-6 :sad:

But I think this was a nice RG for Kris with some nice wins in both singles and doubles. Lots of luck in the grass season now :yeah:

06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Btw. I am thinking of a new threadtitle... need one anyway as the grass season will start soon. Any idea?!
Is it you Chiudi-fan that likes cows? If so, it would be funny to work that into a grass court thread title :lol: Yes I saw where the Doubles were lost :sad: But I have to say I expected it. But still you are right I think Kristof did have a good RG :) Especially when you consider how he was playing before RG :ras:

Nymeria
06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Is it you Chiudi-fan that likes cows? If so, it would be funny to work that into a grass court thread title :lol: Yes I saw where the Doubles were lost :sad: But I have to say I expected it. But still you are right I think Kristof did have a good RG :) Especially when you consider how he was playing before RG :ras:
I think they still did well in doubles, winning a set. And this RG is definitely better than any of us expected, so hopefully it'll give him confidence for the grass season.

I indeed love cows, well remembered :yeah: it would be nice in a grass-season-thread-title indeed!

06-05-2007, 02:42 AM
I think they still did well in doubles, winning a set. And this RG is definitely better than any of us expected, so hopefully it'll give him confidence for the grass season.

I indeed love cows, well remembered :yeah: it would be nice in a grass-season-thread-title indeed!
And now all you have to do is come up with the thread title :lol: :yeah:

Nymeria
06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
And now all you have to do is come up with the thread title :lol: :yeah:

that's not so easy, that's why I asked for advice :lol: It's hard to find something orginal... :p

What about something as: "Who says grass is for cows? The grass is for the fly!" :scratch:

06-06-2007, 06:20 AM
that's not so easy, that's why I asked for advice :lol: It's hard to find something orginal... :p

What about something as: "Who says grass is for cows? The grass is for the fly!" :scratch:
:lol: I like it :yeah:

Nymeria
06-06-2007, 07:52 AM
ok I changed it, and if anyone ever has an idea for a threadtitle, just say so and I can change it :) But I like this one for the grass season.

06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
ok I changed it, and if anyone ever has an idea for a threadtitle, just say so and I can change it :) But I like this one for the grass season.
:haha: I love it :lol: I think it will get people's attention :cool:

Nymeria
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
:haha: I love it :lol: I think it will get people's attention :cool:

I hope so :bounce: c'mon people, let's all cheer for Fly together :bounce:

06-08-2007, 10:01 AM
I hope so :bounce: c'mon people, let's all cheer for Fly together :bounce:
Allez Kristof :yippee:

Nymeria
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I'll leave to Halle tomorrow, so no posts from me until Thursday. I hope I can cheer Kris to some good results tho. Allez Kristof :bounce:

Nymeria
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
ok draw is out, can I say I hate it?! First round Kris plays Jarkko Nieminen, if he wins he'll play the winner of Federer-o.Rochus in 2nd round. Means I cannot really cheer for him, for me it's 50-50 in the first round and if he wins and would play Roger, I would cheer for the last...

but trying to ignore the draw I still hope he does well :)

06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
ok draw is out, can I say I hate it?! First round Kris plays Jarkko Nieminen, if he wins he'll play the winner of Federer-o.Rochus in 2nd round. Means I cannot really cheer for him, for me it's 50-50 in the first round and if he wins and would play Roger, I would cheer for the last...

but trying to ignore the draw I still hope he does well :)
I'm afraid that draw can't be ignored :eek: Kris will get no where with a draw like that :sad:

06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Well Roger withdrew from Halle so that has to make Kristof's draw easier :) If he can just win that first Match :unsure:

06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Poor Kristof :sad: He didn't even come close to winning his first Match :crying2:

Nymeria
06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
i was there at his singles and doubles match, and he played really bad. made no chance at all. And I am sorry to say that I cheered for Jarkko

06-17-2007, 06:14 AM
i was there at his singles and doubles match, and he played really bad. made no chance at all. And I am sorry to say that I cheered for Jarkko
"No chance at all" you could tell that by the score without even seeing the Match :sad: And if you like Jarkko there is nothing wrong with you cheering for him ;)

Nymeria
06-17-2007, 11:39 AM
"No chance at all" you could tell that by the score without even seeing the Match :sad: And if you like Jarkko there is nothing wrong with you cheering for him ;)

sometimes score doesn't say all, but it was not just that Jarkko played good, Kris also played rather bad. both in singles and in doubles, but esp. in the last he didn't seem to care as he was joking around. Actually it was rather funny, because at the first point of the doubles match, his partner started with serve and he was standing at net with a big smile on his face, maybe he was laughing a bit too much and should've concentrated a bit more on playing tennis :p

I felt a bit guilty as I like Kris so much as well, but after this week I like Jarkko even more than before. I think he's now officially my 3rd player again, even close to Rogi... (nobody will ever come near Marco in my faves rank I guess :p)

06-17-2007, 07:20 PM
sometimes score doesn't say all, but it was not just that Jarkko played good, Kris also played rather bad. both in singles and in doubles, but esp. in the last he didn't seem to care as he was joking around. Actually it was rather funny, because at the first point of the doubles match, his partner started with serve and he was standing at net with a big smile on his face, maybe he was laughing a bit too much and should've concentrated a bit more on playing tennis :p

I felt a bit guilty as I like Kris so much as well, but after this week I like Jarkko even more than before. I think he's now officially my 3rd player again, even close to Rogi... (nobody will ever come near Marco in my faves rank I guess :p)
Well I'm glad Kristof was having fun anyway :lol: I like so many players I started out trying to list them all by name in my signature. There were so many I started just listing the countries that had players I liked in my signature. There were so many of them I decided to just list my #1 Favorite ;) But Tommy is hurt now :bigcry: Back to Kristof :) He plays Santoro in the 1st Rd of the Ordina Open.

Nymeria
06-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Well I'm glad Kristof was having fun anyway :lol: I like so many players I started out trying to list them all by name in my signature. There were so many I started just listing the countries that had players I liked in my signature. There were so many of them I decided to just list my #1 Favorite ;) But Tommy is hurt now :bigcry: Back to Kristof :) He plays Santoro in the 1st Rd of the Ordina Open.
I think there is a difference between "favourite players" and "favourite players" you know, those I got in my sig I would almost always cheer for (except for when they play each other, than I have them ranked). But there are some others I often cheer for as well, they're just no top faves. Players like that are Gonzalez, Wawrinka, actually all Swiss guys and some more. Marco is the only one I always cheer for, followed by Roger, who I only cheer against when he plays Marco. But Marco is injured as well :crying2:

Yeah, they'll play their match tomorrow, but I won't be there. I hope he'll play his doubles on tuesday tho, as then I'll be in Rosmalen :bounce:

06-18-2007, 05:52 AM
I think there is a difference between "favourite players" and "favourite players" you know, those I got in my sig I would almost always cheer for (except for when they play each other, than I have them ranked). But there are some others I often cheer for as well, they're just no top faves. Players like that are Gonzalez, Wawrinka, actually all Swiss guys and some more. Marco is the only one I always cheer for, followed by Roger, who I only cheer against when he plays Marco. But Marco is injured as well :crying2:

Yeah, they'll play their match tomorrow, but I won't be there. I hope he'll play his doubles on tuesday tho, as then I'll be in Rosmalen :bounce:
Oh no I didn't know Marco was injuried also :sad: What happened to him?

Nymeria
06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh no I didn't know Marco was injuried also :sad: What happened to him?

Marco has been injured since Dubai, so about 4 months already. He has something with his knee, and there is a chance he needs surgery and is out for a few more months :( and that is really annoying, you know, he was just on his way back, it was only a year ago since he returned from another tough injury and was about to improve his best rank ever. And now he'll have to do that all over again, esp. if he is another few months out, you know, as he has many points to defend at USO...

06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Poor Marco :sad: At least there is some good news about Kristof :) He defeated Santoro today so he will get to the 2nd Rd again ;) I have no idea who he plays next?

Nymeria
06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
He'll most prolly play Robredo in next round (he'll play Koning in first round, so it's clear who should wint here).

Wonder if I see Kris tomorrow, OOP isn't out yet, but who knows he plays doubles then!

***Daniela86***
06-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Good luck in the second round Kristof:cool: :cool: :rocker2: and indeed,poor Marco! :sad: :sad: :awww:

Nymeria
06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Been to Rosmalen again today, did see the first set of Kris and Oli's doubles match. Did take some pics, will post them later this week. My laptop broke down again so can take a few days before I can actually be online again (borrowing my mums for a few minutes now)

06-20-2007, 06:28 AM
He'll most prolly play Robredo in next round (he'll play Koning in first round, so it's clear who should wint here).

Wonder if I see Kris tomorrow, OOP isn't out yet, but who knows he plays doubles then!
Right you are Robredo it is. But I like both players :bigcry:
And I'm sorry about your laptop :sad:

Nymeria
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Right you are Robredo it is. But I like both players :bigcry:
And I'm sorry about your laptop :sad:

I hope Kris can do well, don't know what to expect...

Sadly he is out in doubles, but they had a tough draw and also I didn't know who to cheer for. Rogier Wassen is the only professional tennisplayer from my city, so I always cheer for him. I saw first set, than I had to leave coz the full sun was giving me headaches (so I bought an icecream :lick: ) and I went to watch a small bit of Kohlschreiber's match (I know you like him as well!).

06-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I hope Kris can do well, don't know what to expect...

Sadly he is out in doubles, but they had a tough draw and also I didn't know who to cheer for. Rogier Wassen is the only professional tennisplayer from my city, so I always cheer for him. I saw first set, than I had to leave coz the full sun was giving me headaches (so I bought an icecream :lick: ) and I went to watch a small bit of Kohlschreiber's match (I know you like him as well!).
Yes I do like Kohli as his fans call him in his thread. But he is another German with a shoulder problem :eek: Hummmmm ice cream sounds good :lick: I don't know what to think about the Match either. I think of Robredo as a clay court player. And poor Kristof seems to have been having trouble everywhere :sad: RG was his best run I think :unsure:

Nymeria
06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes I do like Kohli as his fans call him in his thread. But he is another German with a shoulder problem :eek: Hummmmm ice cream sounds good :lick: I don't know what to think about the Match either. I think of Robredo as a clay court player. And poor Kristof seems to have been having trouble everywhere :sad: RG was his best run I think :unsure:

Yeah I usually call him Kohli as well :) Indeed a shoulder problem, saw him getting treatment in Rosmalen :sad: Did I ever show you the picture I took of him in Düsseldorf? Where he is eating ice-cream?

My laptop is solved already, so I will post the pics already tonight I think :D and it means I can follow Kris' livescores :)

06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Last time I looked he and Robredo were tied 1 all, but that has been a while back. I'm glad you have your laptop :) I would love to see the picture of Kohli eating ice cream :lick: :lol:

06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Kristof lost the 1st Set 6-4 :sad: They are 1 all in the 2nd Set. Kris may be leaving yet another Tournament early :ras:

Nymeria
06-20-2007, 05:59 PM
He lost in three sets, not bad vs. Robredo. But I hate his draws :sad:

Nymeria
06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Last time I looked he and Robredo were tied 1 all, but that has been a while back. I'm glad you have your laptop :) I would love to see the picture of Kohli eating ice cream :lick: :lol:

Will post it for you in the chatthread here, let's not spoil the Kris cheering thread with other players :p

06-21-2007, 05:21 AM
Will post it for you in the chatthread here, let's not spoil the Kris cheering thread with other players :p
Great idea :worship: Poor Kris out in yet another Tournament :sad: At least he took Robredo to 3 Sets :rolleyes: They didn't have any Matches up to v-Bet on or I might could have helped Kris out. Robredo is very good until I place a v-Bet on him :lol: :rolls:

Nymeria
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Great idea :worship: Poor Kris out in yet another Tournament :sad: At least he took Robredo to 3 Sets :rolleyes: They didn't have any Matches up to v-Bet on or I might could have helped Kris out. Robredo is very good until I place a v-Bet on him :lol: :rolls:

Yeah I wondered already about the vBet as well... but I didn't have too much time to bet anyway :lol:

Are you so bad in vCash, that all players lose, you bet on? :p

Nymeria
06-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Kris part of wimbly draw:

DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS [6] vs KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS
BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR (W) vs GUCCIONE, Chris AUS
MONFILS, Gael FRA vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs MONACO, Juan ARG [32]

NALBANDIAN, David ARG [23] vs ZVEREV, Mischa GER (Q)
DANCEVIC, Frank CAN (L) vs KOUBEK, Stefan AUT
DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA vs ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
GULBIS, Ernests LAT vs BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP [10]

HEWITT, Lleyton AUS [16] vs BLOOMFIELD, Richard GBR (W)
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP vs BOLELLI, Simone ITA
MIRNYI, Max BLR vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
NAVARRO PASTOR, Ivan ESP vs CANAS, Guillermo ARG [22]

VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA [30] vs KIEFER, Nicolas GER
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA vs KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
DELIC, Amer USA vs DLOUHY, Lukas CZE
STARACE, Potito ITA vs DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB [4]

Could be worse, hopefully he can have some nice wins there.

Nymeria
06-23-2007, 12:56 PM
And doubles draw:

BRYAN USA/BRYAN USA [1] vs GARCIA-LOPEZ ESP/VERDASCO ESP
ROCHUS BEL/VLIEGEN BEL vs KOHLSCHREIBER GER/KOUBEK AUT
ALLEGRO SUI/THOMAS USA vs BLOOMFIELD GBR/MARRAY GBR (W)
BAKER GBR/BOGDANOVIC GBR (W) vs FYRSTENBERG POL/KUBOT POL [16]

DLOUHY CZE/VIZNER CZE [9] vs CIBULEC CZE/KERR AUS
CERMAK CZE/FRIEDL CZE vs LEE KOR/TIPSAREVIC SRB
HERNANDEZ ESP/STARACE ITA vs BUTORAC USA/MURRAY GBR
KUZNETSOV USA/ZVEREV GER (Q) vs ERLICH ISR/RAM ISR [7]

I wonder why they are always able to put my faves near each other in the draws, this time singles seems ok, but this doubles... :( Anyway, good luck Kris!

***Daniela86***
06-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Nice draw in single as Monaco is a clay specialist :D Take advantadge of it Kris :rocker2: :rocker2: :bounce:

Nymeria
06-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Nice to see you posting here Daniela :wavey:

And imo that's a good draw as well, I wonder when he'll play and if I can see the match.

Nymeria
06-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Kris won :bounce: 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 :woohoo: Gooo Kris

06-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Kristof :yippee: And yes I'm so bad at v-Betting that usually the players I bet on do lose :sad: Especially Robredo for some reason :eek:

Nymeria
06-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Kristof :yippee: And yes I'm so bad at v-Betting that usually the players I bet on do lose :sad: Especially Robredo for some reason :eek:

I wouldn't mind you betting on Robredo then :p (sorry :angel: ) Seems I finally found a way to get rich in vCash, what is a surprise as a long time I couldn't get over 500$ as I kept losing all :lol:

Some words from Kristof about his match (source: teletext één )

"I am happy I finished in 3 sets, my play was unstable, ."

"My return wasn't good all the time, but the circumstances were not ideal either. It was really cold, there was a low sun through which I sometimes almost missed a ball completely. But that was an advantage as well, when Monaco had the sun in his eyes it was just waiting for his mistakes."

About Gaël Monfils, who he plays in next round:
"His serve is really hard and I will have to try to take the rhythm out of the match. But it won't be easy to do this 2 or 3 hours long."

About Olivier Rochus, who is having a hard time right now:
"He is in the same boat I was earlier this year. He doesn't play bad, but is losing all the time. You lose your ranking. He is going through a hard time and will have to be fresh in his head again. I know what Oli can do with that little body. And soon that can be seen again, I am sure of that!"

Nymeria
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
The match just started and how nice to have Belgian channels, I got it on tv! Allez Kristof!!!!!! It's gonna be real tough tho, Monfils did hit a few aces already in 1 game :eek:

06-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Kristof :sad: Yet another early exit from a Tournament :crying2: This is getting to be a very, very bad habit :ras:

Nymeria
06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
He didn't have a chance :sad: Monfils played rather strong, and Kristof had to do all to reach such TB, and in the TB Monfils could do something extra, but Vliegen couldn't...

***Daniela86***
06-30-2007, 12:15 AM
He didn't have a chance :sad: Monfils played rather strong, and Kristof had to do all to reach such TB, and in the TB Monfils could do something extra, but Vliegen couldn't...
:sad: :sad: That's true :sad: :sad: Poor Kristof :hug:
He and Olie Rochus won in doubles today but they will face the Bryans in the next round :help: :help:

Nymeria
06-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I knew I missed one result yesterday... I forgot to check the result of their doubles :o (I think I was too busy being happy of the win of Nieminen&Lindsted over the #2 seeds :p)

Nice that they won, but why does he have to face another of my fave doubles team. Really, I got the feeling they do it on purpose, every tournament Kris plays some of my other faves in one of the earliest round either in singles and/of doubles :( Good luck to Kris tho :yeah:

Truc
07-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I posted the video of Kristof's match against Gael in the Monfils forum, if some of you are interested:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5604209&postcount=94
It's from the official website, so the pic is pretty small, but the quality is OK.

Nymeria
07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks Truc :wavey:

They had no chance in doubles, 6-0, 7-6, 6-1 for the Bryans. :( means grass season is over again...

07-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks Truc :wavey:

They had no chance in doubles, 6-0, 7-6, 6-1 for the Bryans. :( means grass season is over again...
No not playing the Bryans :sad: Why does Kris get such awful draws in both Singles and Doubles :eek:

Nymeria
07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
In first round of Gstaad Kris will play Gaudio. If he wins it'll be in second round either Ramirez Hidalgo or Gasquet... not an easy draw again :(

And I dunno how they do this, but again Kris plays a fave of mine in one of the draws, this time in doubles. Kris will play with Mathieu and they'll play vs. the Swiss Kratochvil and Lammer

Nymeria
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Kris won :bounce: 6-4, 6-7, 6-4 :yeah:

07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Yes, but now he has to play Gasquet :sad: And I don't know why you and I have such bad luck because Kris is playing one of my favorites in Singles--Gasquet :eek:

Nymeria
07-12-2007, 08:35 AM
In doubles my other guys, the swiss Kratochvil and Lammer won, 2-6, 6-4, 10-8...

In singles they will play at 5.30pm today... at least I'll be able to follow this match as well then. Last two days I was away to watch some tennis in a challenger

Nymeria
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
And he lost in singles as well... ah well that means he can go to Amersfoort now, where I'll be waiting for him on sunday :p (Yep I have decided to go at least one day, but it's a qualies day so I have no idea if I'll see many MD players)

Nymeria
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
been a while since this forum got posts :eek: where are you all fans?!

Kristof had a good last week, reaching final in Mons... hopefully this is the start of more good results!

10-16-2007, 05:54 AM
been a while since this forum got posts :eek: where are you all fans?!

Kristof had a good last week, reaching final in Mons... hopefully this is the start of more good results!
I hope so :) But since Kristof got this Forum his results normally haven't been good :( He won't get any new fans unless he really starts to play much better. It was just too sad when I was checking his results and he was losing his Matches :sad: Then when I stopped checking he did some winning--so may be I shouldn't check :p

Nymeria
10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
don't be supersticious! It has nothing to do with you or this forum, I am sure he can fight his way through this. During practise his game seemed to be allright, it just didn't come out in the matches. Please keep checking his results, and help me keeping this forum active. :bounce:

10-17-2007, 05:14 AM
don't be supersticious! It has nothing to do with you or this forum, I am sure he can fight his way through this. During practise his game seemed to be allright, it just didn't come out in the matches. Please keep checking his results, and help me keeping this forum active. :bounce:
It's seems funny a Forum for two posters :rolleyes: And it is sad, but I can't post like I used to :sad: I really shouldn't be posting at all! I have a wrist problem and using a keyboard will only make it worse :crying2:

10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Kris is in St. Petersburg. I forgot how to say good luck in Kris' language so it will have to be good luck in English :p

Nymeria
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Kris is in St. Petersburg. I forgot how to say good luck in Kris' language so it will have to be good luck in English :p

Good luck is "succes" in Dutch :)

Kom op Kris :bounce:

10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Good luck is "succes" in Dutch :)

Kom op Kris :bounce:
Is Kom op come on in Dutch? You will have to overlook me the only language I know is English and sometimes I don't do too well with that :rolleyes:

Nymeria
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Is Kom op come on in Dutch? You will have to overlook me the only language I know is English and sometimes I don't do too well with that :rolleyes:

Yep that's come on indeed, easy to translate! My English is full of mistake, but I trust my Dutch to be good (should be 100% of course :p)

I wouldn't mind to teach you some Dutch, as part of the Kristof Vliegen forum. How to speak his language :p

10-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Yep that's come on indeed, easy to translate! My English is full of mistake, but I trust my Dutch to be good (should be 100% of course :p)

I wouldn't mind to teach you some Dutch, as part of the Kristof Vliegen forum. How to speak his language :p
Your English is excellent :) I would love to speak another language, but I tried French for 2 years and it was awful
:explode: I couldn't learn anything at all :sad:

10-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Kris plays Potito Starace from Italy in St. Pete. I don't really know anything about Starace, but somehow it sticks in my mind that he has caused me to lose some v-Cash :p

Nymeria
10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Your English is excellent :) I would love to speak another language, but I tried French for 2 years and it was awful
:explode: I couldn't learn anything at all :sad:

I think you would need a bit more time to study a language. I've had French classes for 4,5 years and at the end I could hardly have a conversation and now I forgot about all I learnt.
Same with German... had classes for about 3 years, I understand it really well. Actually right now I am reading a german book. But I am unable to speak the language :shrug:

Nymeria
10-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Kris plays Potito Starace from Italy in St. Pete. I don't really know anything about Starace, but somehow it sticks in my mind that he has caused me to lose some v-Cash :p
I don't know a lot about him either, but I think it's gonna be a tough match for Kristof. I checked H2H and they played each other once, this year in Bucharest on clay (I believe that's best surface ofr Starace)... and indeed Starace won. And they played each other once in a challenger, again on clay with Starace as winner.
Time for Kristof to change this, now the surface is different as well!

10-22-2007, 03:54 AM
I don't know a lot about him either, but I think it's gonna be a tough match for Kristof. I checked H2H and they played each other once, this year in Bucharest on clay (I believe that's best surface ofr Starace)... and indeed Starace won. And they played each other once in a challenger, again on clay with Starace as winner.
Time for Kristof to change this, now the surface is different as well!
Kom op Kristof :) You can win ;)

Nymeria
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Second court
15:00 Bolelli (ITA)vs.Bjorkman (SWE)

not before 17:00
(4) Starace (ITA) vs.Vliegen (BEL)

Go Kris :bounce:

Nymeria
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
he's playing right now, won first set 6-3 and now he's on serve in 2nd *2-3 Goooo Kris :dance:

Nymeria
10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
he lost 2nd set 4-6 :( c'mon Kris fight back in the third!

Nymeria
10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
he lost :sad:

was a break behind in third, came back to 6-6, but sadly he lost in tb on 3 :(

let this season be over so a new and better year can start!

10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
he lost :sad:

was a break behind in third, came back to 6-6, but sadly he lost in tb on 3 :(

let this season be over so a new and better year can start!
I'm with you there :yeah:

Tanya
10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Photos from Russia (St.Petersburg Open - 2007)
http://www.rustennisplayers.ru/images/SPB_2007/Vliegen.html

11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh thanks for the link to the pictures :) So nice of you to post it :D Come by Kristof's Forum anytime ;)

Nymeria
11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
yep a "thanks" from me as well :yeah:

makes me thinking about the whole collection of Kris pics I took this year... wonder if I'll see him this much again next season :lol:

11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
HIs ranking is down so low I hope you can see him play somewhere :unsure:

Nymeria
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think it'll be a problem! Advantage is that I live near his home, so he likes playing in this region :)

Nymeria
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
I thought we could keep this thread until the new season starts, we can start a new thread then for the first tournies of the year...

I'll try to translate the threadtitle, because yes it is an existing Dutch sentence, a word joke: "When flies fly, do flies fly pass flies"... p