Fed to GOLDEN SLAM in 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed to GOLDEN SLAM in 2008

kobulingam
02-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Yeah that's right. In 2008 Fed is a pretty good bet to do the Golden
Slam. I predict he will be heavy favourite at FO starting from 2008.

This year Nadal is still strong, so they are cofavourites. Next year
Fed will have taken clay over. Expect all 4 slams and the olympic
gold in 2008.

You heard it here first. Mark it down.

El Legenda
02-04-2007, 04:20 AM
ill make sure i mark it down.

deliveryman
02-04-2007, 04:33 AM
In all honesty, I wouldn't be THAT shocked if Federer won the Grandslam in both 2007, and the Golden Slam in 2008, to bring his Slam count to 17, and having won 10 Slams in a row.

Do I expect that to happen? Nope.

Would I be that surprised IF it did happen? Not really.

Metis
02-04-2007, 04:41 AM
:zzz:

Mods, can't we have all prediction threads merged into one?

Sorry kobulingam, but being in MTF for quite a few months now, I find prediction threads increadibly boring and totally useless, unless they have to do with upcoming tournaments where one knows more or less the condition and form players are in (although even then there are many unpredictable variables to consider). :wavey:

jazar
02-04-2007, 09:04 AM
yes

BgStallion
02-04-2007, 09:35 AM
well such a long term prediction can't be very accurate.What if he loses a little of his form or if he injures himself? You can't predict things like that.

scarecrows
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I think he has more chances this year than the following one

Federer&Hingis
02-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Too long term prediction , i think.

Samuel
02-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I think he has more chances this year than the following one

No matter what he does he won't be able to achieve a Golden Slam this year. :rolleyes:

Klaas_nalbandian
02-04-2007, 10:45 AM
if he plays his best or somewhat less he can win everything

Loremaster
02-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah that's right. In 2008 Fed is a pretty good bet to do the Golden
Slam. I predict he will be heavy favourite at FO starting from 2008.

This year Nadal is still strong, so they are cofavourites. Next year
Fed will have taken clay over. Expect all 4 slams and the olympic
gold in 2008.

You heard it here first. Mark it down.

Dreams of Federer lovers are so funny but they are becoming boring since end of 2003 all Federer lovers are saying that he will win all four GS and what ?? now they add olympic gold. in 2009 they will say that he will win all four GS, Champions League in football, Super Bowl and NBA championship and in 2010 Football World Cup

sykotique
02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Dreams of Federer lovers are so funny but they are becoming boring since end of 2003 all Federer lovers are saying that he will win all four GS and what ?? now they add olympic gold. in 2009 they will say that he will win all four GS, Champions League in football, Super Bowl and NBA championship and in 2010 Football World Cup

LOL, you make it sound like it's impossible.

Of course he can win the Golden Slam, but seeing as he has a good few months to lose form, get injured, become disinterested, become distraught by tragedy or impregnate and marry Mirka and metamorphose into a devoted family man, it really IS too early to say whether or not he will be in a position to do so. But if he wins all 4 slams this year, he'd be the favourite for every Slam in 2007 as well. And Olympic Gold really isn't that hard to achieve. He'll be 26, which really is peak form for a tennis player with his fluidity.

So, I wouldn't stake my house on it, but I'm pretty sure he will 2 Slams at least, along with the Gold at the Olympics.

case
02-04-2007, 04:25 PM
A golden slam? who makes up these corney sayings. They should stop immediately
Fed will never win a slam.
face it he isnt the best on all surfaces

case
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
:zzz:

Mods, can't we have all prediction threads merged into one?

Sorry kobulingam, but being in MTF for quite a few months now, I find prediction threads increadibly boring and totally useless, unless they have to do with upcoming tournaments where one knows more or less the condition and form players are in (although even then there are many unpredictable variables to consider). :wavey:

good point

stebs
02-04-2007, 04:27 PM
This WON'T happen.

Monteque
02-04-2007, 04:32 PM
It's look easy now but getting deeper to the season, it won't as simple like that. I give him 70% chance to won FO.

sykotique
02-04-2007, 04:34 PM
A golden slam? who makes up these corney sayings. They should stop immediately
Fed will never win a slam.
face it he isnt the best on all surfaces

Thomas Johansson and Gaston Gaudio are living proof that you don't have to be the best on a surface to win a Slam.

But now that I truly consider it, no, I don't think he'll will a Golden Slam. Too much tennis. Too many variables. Young guns will definitely have matured. His best chance to win all 4 Slams is right now, in 2007.

kingfederer
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
talk about putting the jinx on someone! this is exactly why i dislike rafa fans predicting he will win everything! should be more humble and not jinx rafa! then rafa might do well and surprise us!

rafa_maniac
04-23-2009, 07:40 AM
talk about putting the jinx on someone! this is exactly why i dislike rafa fans predicting he will win everything! should be more humble and not jinx rafa! then rafa might do well and surprise us!

The posters who are doing that are mostly trolls, probably multiple accounts of the same troll. Pay no heed.

Ackms421
04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
This was a fantastic bump. It would've been even more fantastic if it had been bumped right after the Olympics finished last year. Some people actually thought this was plausible or even likely. I guess this reminds us how dominant Federer was, lest we forget so quickly.

ossie
04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
oh boy...

Foxy
04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
This was a fantastic bump. It would've been even more fantastic if it had been bumped right after the Olympics finished last year. Some people actually thought this was plausible or even likely. I guess this reminds us how dominant Federer was, lest we forget so quickly.

I guess the original thread starter can wait to fed's golden slam in 2012. :haha: :haha: :haha:

finishingmove
04-23-2009, 08:29 AM
oh... fuck.

kingfederer
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I guess the original thread starter can wait to fed's golden slam in 2012. :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha:

christallh24
04-23-2009, 10:17 AM

I know, right? I feel like I'm jinxing him just going into one of those threads. I think we all should do as Rafa does, take it one match at a time.

Johnny Groove
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
LOL, you make it sound like it's impossible.

Of course he can win the Golden Slam, but seeing as he has a good few months to lose form, get injured, become disinterested, become distraught by tragedy or impregnate and marry Mirka and metamorphose into a devoted family man, it really IS too early to say whether or not he will be in a position to do so. But if he wins all 4 slams this year, he'd be the favourite for every Slam in 2007 as well. And Olympic Gold really isn't that hard to achieve. He'll be 26, which really is peak form for a tennis player with his fluidity.

Nice predict :yeah:

betowiec
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
roger will do it in 2010

yeah right