Please Help [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Please Help

lleytonhewitt
02-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Hi I have just started playing competition, and my coach says I'm a good hitter of the ball, but I have a little trouble coping with speed and being able to swing through it properly. Any suggestions?
thanks!

tennisplayer89
02-03-2007, 06:49 AM
If he is talking about the pace of your opponents shots, then I would try taking the racket back earlier. Once, you know where the ball is going take your racket back. Many times players do not take their racket back early enough and end up swinging late. Also, on some of the faster balls such as the return of serve, you can take an abbreviated back swing and just kind of block the ball back to a certain area of the court. You don't have to swing hard because the ball is already hitting your racket at 100mph. I hope that these tips were helpful.

Warneck
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Split-step before every shot.. Remember to have a compact and always-the-same swing. Altho taking it back "earlier" may help I advise you to increase the speed of your swing and therefor you end up hitting the ball more forward of your body. Follow through some and end it.