Is stefanki a little salty at Fed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is stefanki a little salty at Fed

sondraj06
02-03-2007, 03:52 AM
You all know the story of Icarus, who flew too close to the sun. I'm here to tell you something about Roger Federer. He's no Icarus. Dude landed on the sun last night, still so cool that his feet melted two nice little holes on the surface; all you need to add is the "close parenthesis" and you've got a smiley face icon! And that may be the most counter-intuitive thing of all, when it comes to Roger Federer's slash through the tennis history books. He makes his way with such apparent ease. With such unqualified grace. With such good humor, to blunt the bone-chilling inevitability. Last night, he hit double figures in his quest for Grand Slam titles; he now has 10. Anybody want to fast forward to 20 and drop in to see how he's doing?

Shortly after the match last night, he seemed to be doing pretty danged well. A group of us hallway surfers were gathered outside the locker room, shoving microphones in Larry Stefanki's face. He'd had a few beers, it seemed, and he was waxing philosophical and making a lot of sense. A moment later, the door to the locker room opened and out strolled Roger. As he passed by us, he called out, "Is that so Larry?" He was laughing. He kept right on going, around the corner, to do God knows what end (collecting his 11th Grand Slam title, thereby saving a trip to Paris?).

Five minutes later, while Larry was floating the theory that, tonight,his boy Fernando Gonzalez had been "thrown under the bus" (coaching patois for being flung into his first Grand Slam final against perhaps the greatest player of all time), Federer came back from his errand. Eyes sparkling, he quipped as he strolled by, "Yeah, right!"

"***hole," Stefanki retorted.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/icarus_not.html

So does Stefanki not like Fed-man :cool:

*Viva Chile*
02-03-2007, 03:59 AM
:confused: :cuckoo:

Deboogle!.
02-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Um, what?

refero*fervens
02-03-2007, 04:02 AM
:rolleyes:
--------------------------

As Federer mixed with his family, nearby Larry Stefanki - Fernando Gonzalez's coach - held court with a beer in his hand. Stefanki was quizzed mostly about Federer, rather than his latest charge.

Federer caused a little mischief as he hovered near the press pack to listen to Stefanki. "That's right Larry," sledged Federer as Stefanki spoke. "Yeah, right Larry."

Stefanki laughed it off and jokingly called him an "arsehole", then went on to liken Federer to another of the world's supreme sportsmen.

"He's in another echelon," Stefanki said. "He can sustain a level of play, and he has another level he can take it to depending on the situation, and that's what great athletes do. I kind of use Tiger Woods as someone who is very similar in his game to Roger in tennis.

"I have to tip my hat off because Federer's nervous system is very, very good in high-pressure matches. He's only getting better, and he ain't going away."

Stefanki then turned and went to join Federer and his family for another beer in the change room.
-------------------------

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/tennis/ce...73832.htmlsica

sondraj06
02-03-2007, 04:10 AM
yeah if you read the rest of the link, you can kind of infer it was a sarcastic exchange. :wavey:

RickDaStick
02-03-2007, 04:12 AM
yeah if you read the rest of the link, you can kind of infer it was a sarcastic exchange. :wavey:

So then why didnt you paste the whole link instead of trying to make it sound serious and why did you add does stefanki not like fed man?

sondraj06
02-03-2007, 04:14 AM
So then why didnt you paste the whole link instead of trying to make it sound serious and why did you add does stefanki not like fed man?

The link is there. here I'll post it again

never fails, I always hit some senstive spot

Now if it doesn't work then let me know

sondraj06
02-03-2007, 04:15 AM

Sarcasim, pumpkin sarcasim :cool:

RickDaStick
02-03-2007, 04:16 AM
The link is there. here I'll post it again

never fails, I always hit some senstive spot

Now if it doesn't work then let me know

I really dont care just curious why you tried to make it sound like there was a problem with them 2 when the rest of the article that you didnt past clearly mentions they were just joking around.

*Viva Chile*
02-03-2007, 04:17 AM

MTF law n° 1: Making sense is optional :worship: :lol:

sondraj06
02-03-2007, 04:17 AM
well I wasn't trying to stir up bad feelings here. sorry, it was meant to be sarcastic, if i really wanted to know if he didn't like fed then i would have just asked.

Action Jackson
02-03-2007, 05:17 AM
Hahahahahaha, that's a good one baby.

nobama
02-03-2007, 07:32 AM
MTF law n° 1: Making sense is optional :worship: :lol:
But feeding trolls isn't. ;)

RonE
02-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Hahahahahaha, that's a good one baby.

Your brand new favourite paparazzi of MTF has arrived George, express delivery.

shotgun
02-03-2007, 12:13 PM
That wasn't very good bait. :lol:

alfonsojose
02-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Most guys taste ... salty :aplot: :drool: