(q)Alexander Peya d. Michael Llodra 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

(q)Alexander Peya d. Michael Llodra 6-3 6-3

Balerion
02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I'll admit to not knowing much about Alexander Peya - to me he's always been one of those challenger players neither good nor bad enough to merit that much attention. He reached a career high of 114 in 2004, dropped out of the top 300 by the end of 2005 (not sure if injury was involved) and has since slowly crawled back to #134. He did reach the 3rd round of the US Open in 2004, which seems to be his greatest achievement until reaching the SF in this tournament. At 26 he's no young pup, but does have any decent weapons or is he pretty nondescript?

Regardless, it's surely a pretty big win for him, and not a bad week for Llodra either, although I'm sure Michael is pissed about losing this one.

jazar
02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
what a week for peya

ljubicic_
02-02-2007, 06:59 PM
if the top players didn't cancelled Zagreb he would lose in the first round

Mistaflava
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
what a waste of a thread....who cares

CooCooCachoo
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll admit to not knowing much about Alexander Peya - to me he's always been one of those challenger players neither good nor bad enough to merit that much attention. He reached a career high of 114 in 2004, dropped out of the top 300 by the end of 2005 (not sure if injury was involved) and has since slowly crawled back to #134. He did reach the 3rd round of the US Open in 2004, which seems to be his greatest achievement until reaching the SF in this tournament. At 26 he's no young pup, but does have any decent weapons or is he pretty nondescript?

Regardless, it's surely a pretty big win for him, and not a bad week for Llodra either, although I'm sure Michael is pissed about losing this one.

He hasn't crawled back slowly; last year was a very good year for Alex. Also in doubles. He is just building upon that form.

Deboogle!.
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
if the top players didn't cancelled Zagreb he would lose in the first roundSo? That doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit for what he's accomplished.

TMJordan
02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
So? That doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit for what he's accomplished.

Yeah exactly, and Mika is one hell of an indoor tennis player so it was a great win for Peya.

Hey Soderling is a top 10 indoor tennis player in the world IMO, Peya beat him so he deserves tons of credit.

Mateya
02-03-2007, 07:00 AM
He could beat even Marcos today, who knows? :confused:

Week out of dreams for Alex.

s.m.
02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
i watched peya live aginst soderling, and while soderling is currently fighting with his head demons, peya played great
i was quite shocked with that display
guy attacked the net like rafter in his best days, and the funny thing is that against luzzi in the earlier match he didnt go to the net 10 times in the whole match
great volleys, great net coverage, good serve
still i wouldnt give him to much chance today, especially since bagy is lifting his game as the tournament progresses
but still great week for peya

Blue Heart24
02-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Llodra :o

dannysspieler85
02-03-2007, 09:26 AM
great week for peya! :worship:
that's what he said:
after his disappointing match at the aussie-open he wasn't even sure if he wants to play in zagreb. :cool:

the reason for losing many close matches was that he had put to much pressure on himself - that's what he said - because his preparation had been very good this year but the successes hadn't come. :confused:
now it seems like he's found his form...

i would say he's a top100 player, not much more and not much less... :yeah:

ASP0315
02-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Well Done Alex. :yeah:

shotgun
02-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Peya could have been useful for Austria in DC, but Schaller preferred to call Marach.