Malisse wins 1st set, qualifies and then lets Schuettler win 7:6 6:3 the other sets [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Malisse wins 1st set, qualifies and then lets Schuettler win 7:6 6:3 the other sets

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Enough said about RR.

RickDaStick
02-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes im sure if he wanted to lose a set on purpose he would take it all the way to the tiebreak.

dylan24
is this true.
fuck this bullshit RR tournaments.
how the fuck are you supposed to bet these.
person who came up w/ RR tournament needs to be hung

Jaap
LOL, I hope everyone filled their boots and bet on Schuetller after Malisse won the first set.

I'm now £200 richer.

I love RR.

scarecrows
02-02-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL, I hope everyone filled their boots and bet on Schuetller after Malisse won the first set.

I'm now £200 richer.

I love RR.

:lol:

dylan24
02-02-2007, 12:05 AM

I'm now £200 richer.

I love RR.

those of us in the US can't bet on live matches
because the great president bush and the DOJ
think that gamblers are terrorists.

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes im sure if he wanted to lose a set on purpose he would take it all the way to the tiebreak.

He didn't lose on purpose. He just didn't care. He was winning. Schuettler came back and he never wanted to recover. The 2nd and 3rd sets were just a hitting training.

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Thank you mr. Disney. :yeah:

dylan24
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
so did shittler qualify?

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
okay who did actually watch this match? did u sylvester?

scarecrows
02-02-2007, 12:10 AM
so did shittler qualify?

of course not
Malisse did

Ranier got some cash and points

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:12 AM
okay who did actually watch this match? did u sylvester?

Just go to the betfair forum. You get all information you need.

dylan24
02-02-2007, 12:12 AM
i've never seen such a retarded idea as RR tennis tournaments
since nascar decided to impound cars after qualifying...made race betting impossible...nascar got rid of the idea after one year after everyone fans,teams said it was moronic. hopefully the dickheads at the atp realize this and do the same

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Just go to the betfair forum. You get all information you need.

omg are u kidding???

i asked u´did u watch it not if desperate losing bad gamblers on the worst forum in the net think this is a fix just because they lose money

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:17 AM
omg are u kidding???

i asked u´did u watch it not if desperate losing bad gamblers on the worst forum in the net think this is a fix just because they lose money

Actually, they did win money. That was just an exemple. Btw I didn't bet in this match, so I couldn't care less with the result.

So, do you believe it's normal a guy who is already qualified and he's up a break twice in the second set and gets broken to love against a player that lost 2-0 to a player who lost 2-0 to Malisse?

Or you're either Mr Disney or you still believe in Santa Claus...

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Actually, they did win money. That was just an exemple. Btw I didn't bet in this match, so I couldn't care less with the result.

So, do you believe it's normal a guy who is already qualified and he's up a break twice in the second set and gets broken to love against a player that lost 2-0 to a player who lost 2-0 to Malisse?

Or you're either Mr Disney or you still believe in Santa Claus...

right things like this never happened before???? i think u forget that we are still talking about Malisse, a big headcase who can blow leads like no other to shitty players.

i am not a fan of RR but your proof that Malisse didnt care judging from the Scoreboard is pretty damn poor :lol:

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:23 AM
right things like this never happened before???? i think u forget that we are still talking about Malisse, a big headcase who can blow leads like no other to shitty players.

i am not a fan of RR but your proof that Malisse didnt care judging from the Scoreboard is pretty damn poor :lol:

Someone on betfair betted 500.000 dollars on Schuettler when Malisse won the 1st set and was a break up in the 2nd set...

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Ok, so you expect the guy to lose 1 and 0 after winning the first set? The other guy is Schüttler, not Federer... he can lose even playing against a ball machine.

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
if this was so OBVIOUSSSSS why didnt u guys bet on it??
again losing to Schüttler is not shocking

Minotaur
02-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Someone on betfair betted 500.000 dollars on Schuettler when Malisse won the 1st set and was a break up in the 2nd set...

This is not true. I guess it's just a rumour. This person would have probably needed a lot of Malisse supporters after he won 1st set.

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:29 AM

stop smoking son

Minotaur
02-02-2007, 12:29 AM

You must be joking. You probably stuck up back in 2003, man

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:30 AM
stop smoking son

Nobody told me. I watched that with my own eyes.

And I don't smoke. I'm not dumb enough to do it.

Minotaur
02-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Nobody told me. I watched that with my own eyes.

And I don't smoke. I'm not dumb enough to do it.

I'm betfair better and this is not true.

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 12:32 AM

Because betting is addictive, as we can all see. :p

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:33 AM
You must be joking. You probably stuck up back in 2003, man

lmao i know who Schuettler is and when his prime time was dont worry..but he was not bad at the end of last year and i read a lot about him giving it a last try to come back successful

btw the H2H is not a joke check that..so Malisse losing even to Schüttler no its not shocking

Andre♥
02-02-2007, 12:34 AM
lmao i know who Schuettler is and when his prime time was dont worry..but he was not bad at the end of last year and i read a lot about him giving it a last try to come back successful

btw the H2H is not a joke check that..so Malisse losing even to Schüttler no its not shocking

Last time Malisse faced Schuettler, the german was still in Top 20.

And he's losing to Ulihrach in german challangers.

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Because betting is addictive, as we can all see. :p

lol alright then :cool:

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Last time Malisse faced Schuettler, the german was still in Top 20.

And he's losing to Ulihrach in german challangers.

thats some nice reasoning u got there

Minotaur
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM

This is OK. I mean there is a big difference between what a player says and what he actually does. I know that Schuettler said all things but i guess you actually understand that running every time for a ball (like Phau) thing is all over. Schuettler lost his speed and he is done.

Props to him but Xavier just made a simple trick of his own.

Sunset of Age
02-02-2007, 12:39 AM
So, another fine RR-inspired TANK JOB, I gather.

Well, Mr. Disney... thanks. NOT!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-02-2007, 01:14 AM
this is just fantastic

:haha: :haha:

again Mr. Disney :worship:

v__m
02-02-2007, 01:16 AM

is that true ?????

if is true we have a huge policial situation.........

i personaly believe that someone can do that, just be malisse friend´s

v__m
02-02-2007, 01:17 AM

are you crazy ?!?!?!

i think who smoke something is you....

if true that situation, is not the 1st that happen in world of sports....

ASP0315
02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
this is just fantastic

again Mr. Disney :worship:

Yes i'm loving it day by day. :lol: :lol:

Good for gamblers like Dylan. :haha: :haha:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Mr. Disney are killing the poor gamblers :sad:

stupid RR :ras:

Deboogle!.
02-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Shouldn't we have some sort of proof of some kind before we keep accusing people of tanking? Anyone who's ever seen Malisse play knows he, too, can lose to anyone on any given day.

nobama
02-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Shouldn't we have some sort of proof of some kind before we keep accusing people of tanking? Anyone who's ever seen Malisse play knows he, too, can lose to anyone on any given day.No people here don't need proof when it's a great excuse to have a go at RR. Believe me I'm no fan of RR but I'm also not a fan of accusing players of tanking with out any proof.

ASP0315
02-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Shouldn't we have some sort of proof of some kind before we keep accusing people of tanking? Anyone who's ever seen Malisse play knows he, too, can lose to anyone on any given day.

Well i wouldn't be bothered if he tanks or not as long as he qualifies for the main important match which is Quaterfinals.

Go Xavier it time to take Delray Beach :rocker2:

Anyway RR is stupid format. It time for players to boycott that format. Even i hate watching TMC Cup expect for the finals.

Nitefaery
02-02-2007, 02:02 AM
I want to say that I agree with Malisse lowering his level of play in the 2nd set. That's just my opinion based on the point by point scoreboard I was watching. Can you really deny that players often lower their game when the match turns meaningless? It's something I'd say we see time and time again... not to mention you often hear non-bettors on this forum screaming "why the hell is he playing him so hard? this match means nothing!" in these situations. If you expect some players to hold back in meaningless matches, I don't see how you can argue that Rainer completley outplayed Malisse in this match.

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:05 AM

C'mon, losing to anyone is one thing, but losing to Schüttler nowadays is too much to believe.

nobama
02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Why would Malisse want to play an extra set of tennis if he didn't have to?

keqtqiadv
02-02-2007, 02:20 AM
RR :smash:

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Well, much better than practicing drills with someone.

switz
02-02-2007, 02:23 AM
i think sayinghe let him win is stupid because there's such a thing as momentum in tennis and losing rarely something a player will do. I think RR certainly does impact on a players putting in the extra effort though when they know they don't need to - especially when the player is the likes of Malisse.

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Momentum... :lol:

There's something as "not getting tired" too.

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 02:36 AM
are you crazy ?!?!?!

i think who smoke something is you....

if true that situation, is not the 1st that happen in world of sports....

first of can t u write 2 lines in 2 lines..do u need 15 to make ur point LOL
2nd if people think this was a fix .the result has to be obvious ..what did u not get what i was trying to say

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM

exactly what i am saying..Malisse is capable of losing such a match even to Schuettler..

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM
If Davydenko was fined for saying something, imagine what would happen if a player clearly showed tanking? Think about that.

Lee
02-02-2007, 02:40 AM
If Davydenko was fined for saying something, imagine what would happen if a player clearly showed tanking? Think about that.

Wasn't Marat fined for tanking a match?

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Wasn't Marat fined for tanking a match?

Can't remember, but if it's true, then it's obvious players won't lose 6/2 1/6 1/6 under this kind of conditions.

switz
02-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Momentum... :lol:

There's something as "not getting tired" too.

great point! i'm sure he's going to get less tired playing a tiebreak and losing a set than he is finishing one set from a break up :confused: :lol:

GlennMirnyi
02-02-2007, 02:59 AM
great point! i'm sure he's going to get less tired playing a tiebreak and losing a set than he is finishing one set from a break up :lol: :confused.

Malisse is a talented player. He wouldn't just lose 6/0 6/0. He played without worrying about losing or winning after the first set.

switz
02-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Malisse is a talented player. He wouldn't just lose 6/0 6/0. He played without worrying about losing or winning after the first set.

yeah well if you read my original post you would see that is what i said - that is people like Malisse aren't likely to give 100% after qualifying but at the same time not many tennis players are going to lose any match on purpose.

He was also up a break on two seperate occasions in the second so it's not as though he just gave up after the second as the thread starter suggests.

Schuettler didn't play badly against Marcus at the Aus Open either. He's far from the player he was put he tries for every point.

SwissMister1
02-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Marat was fined for tanking at the Aussie Open. The guy he lost to, Grant Stafford, a couple of years later I saw him leading kids in drills at a club I was playing a match at.

Bilbo
02-02-2007, 05:30 AM

good eye on the one side, bad eye on the other side. yes he wanted to win that match but in 2 sets only. he tried to win the 2nd set but when he saw he lost it he gave up the 3rd set on purpose to save energy.

Labamba
02-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Rainer Schuettler beat third seed Xavier Malisse 6-7 (4-7) 7-6 (7-1) 6-3 but the Belgian still qualified from their round-robin group as he had won three sets from two matches.

"It's just I knew I had to win one set and I won the first set and there was no motivation anymore," said Malisse.

"It's different tennis. It's a different mentality. You win a set and what are you playing for? There's nothing to it any more."

:rolleyes:

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 06:48 AM
"It's just I knew I had to win one set and I won the first set and there was no motivation anymore," said Malisse.

"It's different tennis. It's a different mentality. You win a set and what are you playing for? There's nothing to it any more."

It seems Mr. Malisse knew exactly what was going on and hey he did what he needed to in the situation.

jazar
02-02-2007, 06:48 AM
lol

almouchie
02-02-2007, 06:59 AM
those of us in the US can't bet on live matches
because the great president bush and the DOJ
think that gamblers are terrorists.

yeah right
the biggest & highest stake gamblers are in the USA
can u imagine what will happen to the number of gamblers if us admini legalized gambling

everything about Bush is 2 faced or worst

almouchie
02-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Rainer Schuettler beat third seed Xavier Malisse 6-7 (4-7) 7-6 (7-1) 6-3 but the Belgian still qualified from their round-robin group as he had won three sets from two matches.

it is exactly that kind of comment & attitude why the round robin is inefficient/unfair/bogus/unsportsmanlike

Malisse always a fiery character with more talent than he has been able to utilize. it is so like him to lose motivation & the fight in the match

I don't know why ATP have made these changes, they will not help the game, surely not in the long run.
so much emphasis on tv covrage, usa short attention span/interest & all the other factors that don't really affect the game

Labamba
02-02-2007, 07:37 AM
It seems Mr. Malisse knew exactly what was going on and hey he did what he needed to in the situation.

Yes he did and he spoke the truth. Let's see now if Mr. Disney will fine him for it.

JMG
02-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Xavier is not the smartest guy. :lol:

Horatio Caine
02-02-2007, 09:08 AM

Horatio Caine
02-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Obviously this is retrospect, but why don't gamblers stay away from RR? :shrug:

Jaap
02-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Obviously this is retrospect, but why don't gamblers stay away from RR? :shrug:

If you think, its easy to make money from RR.

Horatio Caine
02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
If you think, its easy to make money from RR.

Based on last night, yeah you're right. But there will be times where you think you've got the right side and get bitten on the ass. I wouldn't say any player hasn't put in a bona fide performance when I've backed their match, but I've not done well out of RR so far this year...I don't like it. :tape:

Horatio Caine
02-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Equally, not every player will be clued up as to whether they need to win a set or a match to advance...

Neely
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
At least we have the system to blame now, otherwise we would have headlines that "Malisse CHOKED" !!! :lol:

JMG
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
In Adelaide, Stepanek lost 0-2 against Spadea and was 0-1 down against Korolev and still won it.

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 10:32 AM

:haha:

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM
At least we have the system to blame now, otherwise we would have headlines that "Malisse CHOKED" !!! :lol:

Well have a look at the circumstances in this match, and so Malisse stating the truth about the system is problematic?

Deivid23
02-02-2007, 10:50 AM
In Adelaide, Stepanek lost 0-2 against Spadea and was 0-1 down against Korolev and still won it.

And Spadea was 1-0 up against Korolev, he was already qualified yet won in 2.;)

RR system sucks of course, but those who say it´s good for betting really need to get a clue, some RR matches are like playing roulette these days cause motivation is a big question mark in way too many scenarios

nobama
02-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Xavier is not the smartest guy. :lol:If he was smart he would've won the second set tb and not had to play a third set.

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
If he was smart he would've won the second set tb and not had to play a third set.

Does it matter? He got through.

Horatio Caine
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM

I guess you have to wonder what Ginepri would have done in such a situation :o

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I guess you have to wonder what Ginepri would have done in such a situation :o

Bit hard when it takes him to work out 1+1 in more time than Nadal takes in between serves.

Deivid23
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
If he was smart he would've won the second set tb and not had to play a third set.

What a logic :retard:

ASP0315
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes he did and he spoke the truth. Let's see now if Mr. Disney will fine him for it.

Why would be Malisse fined.?? He did his job qualified for QF and spoke about not playing well in the second and saving some energy for QF. The only person who should be fined is Mr Disney himself for introducing the new stupid RR format.

Hugh Jaas
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Why would be Malisse fined.?? He did his job qualified for QF and spoke about not playing well in the second and saving some energy for QF. The only person who should be fined is Mr Disney himself for introducing the new stupid RR format.

Nikolay davydenko said that people don't take tournaments that run up to GS's seriously and got a $10000 so i guess X-man will get a $1.8 Billion for offending emperor Disney's round robin format.

tennis controversies so far-2007

davydenko speaks the truth- $10000 fine
Andy Murray pulls out of Zagreb injured with a blister- No fine
X-man clearly states that the RR format is a fu%$ing joke- no fine

Any more to add?

SwiSha
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
people have to get used to this..tennis RR formats is just like group phase in soccer like the Champions League for example..if a team knows that they are qualified for the next round no matter what happens in the last match they are going play like that

same now in tennis i guess..if u know u are already in the next round or u need a just a set in the last match u are going to play like this...thats how it is..gamblers should have a problem with this..

ASP0315
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
people have to get used to this..tennis RR formats is just like group phase in soccer like the Champions League for example..if a team knows that they are qualified for the next round no matter what happens in the last match they are going play like that

same now in tennis i guess..if u know u are already in the next round or u need a just a set in the last match u are going to play like this...thats how it is..gamblers should have a problem with this..

Swisa, Football is a team sport. RR formats work out in soccer because it is team event. In case "Team A" already qualifies for the Rd 16 play offs they will rest thier key players and gives other extra players a chance. People like to see how the inexperienced guys will perform and they get good ratings.

In tennis RR format only works out in Team events like Davis Cup etc.

In singles games RR format is usless because Player who already Qualfies for the next round will not think of figting hard as he/she already qualifies.

Action Jackson
02-03-2007, 04:15 AM

What get used to a shit system which doesn't work for tournaments besides the TMC and World Team Cup.

One is an individual sport and other is a team sport. Then again the Champs League was only coined to protect the big clubs against loss of revenue, not cause they cared about the fans.

adee-gee
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
is this true.
fuck this bullshit RR tournaments.
how the fuck are you supposed to bet these.
person who came up w/ RR tournament needs to be hung
Oh.....the tennis circuit should be designed to satisfy gamblers. Right. :retard:

nobama
02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Does it matter? He got through.No but why be on court longer than you need to be?

Mateya
02-03-2007, 02:47 PM
RR...
:retard:

The worst thing in tennis so far.