Why bother? Jesse Levine def Kevin Kim 6:2 6:2 RR tankjob 45316315 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why bother? Jesse Levine def Kevin Kim 6:2 6:2 RR tankjob 45316315

Andre♥
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
As Kim knew there was no way in hell Levine can beat Becker, he decided to tank, so he can leave the tournament earlier.

That brings funny stats like Kim winning four return points in first set with Levine serving 35% first serves in.

Players, if you want to tank, do it better!

And Mr Disney continues saying there aren't be dead rubbers. If this wasn't a dead rubber, what was that?

This is killing tennis...

Bloodletting
01-31-2007, 06:21 PM
wow:eek:

keqtqiadv
01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
RR :retard:

Labamba
01-31-2007, 06:23 PM
This was a shameful tank job from Kim and it's all because of RR :o

Kim didn't win a point on return in the 2nd set :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
01-31-2007, 06:25 PM
The players have obviously gotten themselves involved in some sort of Secret Conspiracy in order to kill off RR prematurily. Very good!

JMG
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
What an idiot! I thought players like Kim or Greul would at least try to win the 20 points, because they will have enough ZERO point tournaments this year. Actually I think Greul even tried, but he is just not good enough to beat Sweeting.

JMG
01-31-2007, 06:29 PM
As Kim knew there was no way in hell Levine can beat Becker, he decided to tank, so he can leave the tournament earlier.

I think Becker can even lose.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
RR sucks :retard:

some players tank like kim... but other want the 20 pts like Capdeville yesterday in Viña

SHB
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
It's highly unlikely that Kim "tanked" when there were 20 points on the line and still a chance to make the QFs. Maybe he had a terrible day, maybe Levine was great besides his first serve %. Tank job? Unlikely.

Fergie
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Kim :smash:

R.Federer
01-31-2007, 06:38 PM
This is great. The more tank jobs there are, the more likely that RR becomes history sooner rather than later.

Andre♥
01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
It's highly unlikely that Kim "tanked" when there were 20 points on the line and still a chance to make the QFs. Maybe he had a terrible day, maybe Levine was great besides his first serve %. Tank job? Unlikely.

Winning 0 return points in the 2nd set?

Winning 4 return points in the 1st set when Levine couldn't put a first serve in?

Voo de Mar
01-31-2007, 06:54 PM
This Levine can be good...

Jevel
01-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Yikes!

adee-gee
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Levine will beat Becker.

usmensfan
01-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Kevin Kims ranking is around 107 if you dont think hes gonna fight for those 20 points your crazy. 20 points gives him more of a cusion for French Open and Wimbledon MD appearance. Levine is breazing through his matches he def has potential.

Andre♥
01-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Kevin Kims ranking is around 107 if you dont think hes gonna fight for those 20 points your crazy. 20 points gives him more of a cusion for French Open and Wimbledon MD appearance. Levine is breazing through his matches he def has potential.

Probably I have watched more Levine's matches than you. He has potential, but he'll end up in Scoville Jenkins club.

There is no way, no single way that you can't win a single point on return in a set. Even Vanek, who is probably the worst returner in Top 200 took a point in Karlovic's serve in the fastest carpet you can imagine.

The 20 points thing make sense, but he probably doesn't even know the rules. I know some players don't know the rules. We're not talking about if he shouldn't have tanked or not. The fact is that he tanked.

Shabazza
01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Hell, even I can get that kind of return stat from a pro...

Mistaflava
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Kim did the right thing. It's not against the rules and it's a smart way to preserve himself and expose a very flawed RR system.

Props to Kim for doing this and making the ATP look stupid.

jazar
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
i was gonna bet on levine, but i didnt. now i'm mad. stupid RR.

SHB
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Probably I have watched more Levine's matches than you. He has potential, but he'll end up in Scoville Jenkins club.

There is no way, no single way that you can't win a single point on return in a set. Even Vanek, who is probably the worst returner in Top 200 took a point in Karlovic's serve in the fastest carpet you can imagine.

The 20 points thing make sense, but he probably doesn't even know the rules. I know some players don't know the rules. We're not talking about if he shouldn't have tanked or not. The fact is that he tanked.

There's nothing factual about it. What is a fact is that there is virtually no incentive for him to tank and there is incentive for him to win -- a very clear incentive. Suggesting that he doesn't know the rules is preposterous. That is far more unlikely than the possibility that he simply didn't play well.

As the previous poster said, it makes no sense for him to throw away 20 points, especially considering where he's ranked. He's not going to forfeit those points and an outside shot at the QFs to preserve energy or make a statement to the ATP concerning the RR format.

And Levine did serve at 75% in the second set, so one would expect him to win a high percentage of his service points.

Andre♥
01-31-2007, 08:09 PM
There's nothing factual about it. What is a fact is that there is virtually no incentive for him to tank and there is incentive for him to win -- a very clear incentive. Suggesting that he doesn't know the rules is preposterous. That is far more unlikely than the possibility that he simply didn't play well.

As the previous poster said, it makes no sense for him to throw away 20 points, especially considering where he's ranked. He's not going to forfeit those points and an outside shot at the QFs to preserve energy or make a statement to the ATP concerning the RR format.

And Levine did serve at 75% in the second set, so one would expect him to win a high percentage of his service points.

Even the organization didn't know the rules. They put Pless vs Garcia-Lopez in the schedule until they discovered that would create a dead rubber between Pless and Gabashvili. They had to call Gabashvili later that day to say to him that was going to play in some hours...

So most likely Kim didn't know the rules. Actually the rule book doesn't explain that very well...

SHB
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
The ATP mixing up the schedule is different than a player not knowing how many points he can get for winning. Winning a RR match gets you more money as well, something people typically care about. I think players are going to make it their business to know such things.

If we know the rules, it's extremely unlikely that Kim doesn't. If a player doesn't know the rules, that's pretty embarrassing. They would be hurting themselves out of pure, inexplicable laziness.

Bobby
01-31-2007, 09:01 PM

Do you ever get factual information about tanking? If the stats are correct, it's more than likely that he tanked. I mean, four return points won... It does make you wonder.

Snowwy
01-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Winning 0 return points in the 2nd set?

Winning 4 return points in the 1st set when Levine couldn't put a first serve in?

I love that stat :)

Action Jackson
02-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Well done Kevin.

leng jai
02-01-2007, 07:37 AM
RR gets the dual thumbs up from me.

Tobi
02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
RR.... :o

Please stop this format :help: