Hello [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hello

sebabe
01-31-2007, 08:02 AM
:wavey: Hi, this is my first time, and I am not too sure what to say other than I am a hugh Seb Grosjean fan and I love tennis in general.

aliasthad
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi from another Seb fanatic! :wavey:

sebabe
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Hello, nice to meet a fellow fan, I thought all Seb fans would be French!

Marine
01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello, nice to meet a fellow fan, I thought all Seb fans would be French!

We are a minority on this forum. Hello sebabe :)

sebabe
02-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi, Marine:wavey:

Really, I am surprised, are there any do's or dont's that I need to be aware of? Obviously no bad or offensive lanuage, but anything else?

charlie666
02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
hello sebabe! posting pictures is definately a do ;)

sebabe
02-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the info, nice to meet you.:wavey:

Truc
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
posting pictures is definately a do ;):lol:
Welcome around, sebabe! (But I don't post a lot in Seb's forum, just from time to time when I read something about him somewhere.)
I never know if people here understand French or not, so don't hesitate to ask for a translation or a summary if we post stuff in French and you don't understand.

sebabe
02-05-2007, 05:10 AM
:wavey: Hi Truc, my french is very limited, but I am working on it. Thanks for the offer of help though. I thought I would join this forum, because Seb's own website is in french only which can be a bit frustrating if you are not fluent.

charlie666
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
:wavey: Hi Truc, my french is very limited, but I am working on it. Thanks for the offer of help though. I thought I would join this forum, because Seb's own website is in french only which can be a bit frustrating if you are not fluent.

YES! So true. We should offer him to translate :aparty:

sebabe
02-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Are you offering your services personally?:devil:

charlie666
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I am willing to do so, yes :angel:

sebabe
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Your good like that then?

Jessica Theobald
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Hello Sebabe, welcome to the forum.:)

sebabe
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
:wavey: Hi jessica, thank you. I must say everyone seems very friendly.

charlie666
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Your good like that then?

Translating? No, I'm afraid...

KellyluvsGrosjean
02-08-2007, 10:36 AM
hey Sebabe! you will find Chinese fans as well. I am Kelly from HK... Wow Britain... I love Brit-pop! Longing to go to those biggg music festivals in England!

sebabe
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Hello, :) Nice to meet you. I don't think you would want to be here today, its freezing cold and the snow has now turned to to grey slush! Hong Kong sounds pretty good to me right now.

I've enjoyed watching seb play tennis for about two years now, although I like watching other players, he is the only one who's progress through various tournaments I follow religiously. I wonder is this normal, (am I normal?) Or do other people follow other players as well, and what do you do if they play each other

Hangdog
02-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Hello, :) Nice to meet you. I don't think you would want to be here today, its freezing cold and the snow has now turned to to grey slush! Hong Kong sounds pretty good to me right now.

I've enjoyed watching seb play tennis for about two years now, although I like watching other players, he is the only one who's progress through various tournaments I follow religiously. I wonder is this normal, (am I normal?) Or do other people follow other players as well, and what do you do if they play each other

:lol: But there are a way colder - than the UK - places around! Hello Sebabe :wavey: You’re absolutely normal in my opinion. Well, you know there are some people around who have up to 20 or even more names in their lists of favorites. And if their players have to play each other they usually say that the draw sucks lol

KellyluvsGrosjean
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Arrr I know... Some friends who study in England said the weather is not always good, especially in London! HK neither. After weeks of sunny day, here it comes the boring rainny days! Guess spring is coming...

I think many people in this forum have plenty favourite players, but I focus on Seb only... he's a very good one- though not always the winner. Since I also love horse racing (two races per week in Hong Kong) and football, it's difficult to pay attention to one more tennisman! Haven't got good time mangement! :lol:

xuzizhen
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
welcome sebabe~~ I'm sure u will have a great fun here~~

sebabe
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
:) Thanks, I hope so, as I may have mentioned before, I honestly thought most seb fans would be french, and that I would stick out like a sore thumb.

People I know, glaze over, if I ever talk to them about the latest seb match that I have just watched. So it is really nice to be able to talk to other like minded people who understand where you are coming from.

aliasthad
02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
People I know, glaze over, if I ever talk to them about the latest seb match that I have just watched.

Me too! To be fair, they like Seb too, it's just that there are so many tournaments on all year that they never hear the end of it! A lot of people I know think tennis begins and ends with Wimbledon!

As I've said before, I first noticed Seb in the Stella Artois in 2003, and although he lost, I had never seen anyone play the way he does. I've followed all his matches ever since and recorded anything that was televised. Needless to say, win or lose, I will be watching!

:cool:

sebabe
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I also record matches and the really good ones I keep, I hesitated in admitting this as I thought it may sound odd. In my defence though, when matches are played in differene time zones to us, i.e. Australia etc. you would have to be a really dedicated fan to sit up all night on the off chance that you would be able to see Seb play. That's is my story and I am sticking to it! :angel:

aliasthad
02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
when matches are played in differene time zones to us, i.e. Australia etc. you would have to be a really dedicated fan to sit up all night on the off chance that you would be able to see Seb play.

I did stay up past 5am last year to see the Kiefer/Grosjean Quarter Final at the AO - but it was the longest match for 15 years!

And why not record his matches? - I'd never get to see them again otherwise. Can't have that!

:devil:

sebabe
02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
That particular match was a very goooood one, very close and of course it had the now infamous tennis throwing racket moment in it! Incidently, the empire of that match who allowed kiefer to get away with that dummy spitting moment (the swine) later on that year empired seb again, against Acasuso in the Master Series in Hamburg. Seb lost that match and at the end Seb shook hands with Acasuso and completely ignored the empire, I can't say that I blame him, but I was surprised.

aliasthad
02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Seb lost that match and at the end Seb shook hands with Acasuso and completely ignored the empire, I can't say that I blame him, but I was surprised.

Yeah, I noticed that too!

I thought it was ironic that, in the Davis Cup 2006 first round match between Kiefer and Grosjean (a mere 16 days after the racquet throwing incident), there was a controversial tie-break and Kiefer was left hotly disputing the point with Mike Morrissey - the same referee from the AO that Seb appealed to! Poetic Justice?

Also, no-one mentioned that in the US Open 2006 match against Thomas Johansson, Seb said something in French and the referee gave him a warning for obscenity! Seb looked pretty bemused, as he didn't say anything loudly and most of the crowd wouldn't have understood him anyway! He was talking to the umpire at the end of the game and kind of smiling about it. I mean, other players swear loudly and consistently in English and aren't pulled up for it! I think the umpire was trying to show off that he could understand French! That was some match though, even though the Sky Sports coverage had no commentary.

:)

sebabe
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I saw that match and I could not understand what Seb was suposed to have done, quite funny really. Yes I agree about the Davis Cup victory against kiefer, well deserved revenge.

Going back to the racket throwing incident, when the ref sided with kiefer, if kiefer had done the right thing and admitted wrong doing before the ref bizarrely gave his decision. Would the ref have had to decide in favour of Seb, even if he thought kiefer was in the right? Had Kiefer done so my estimation of him would have increased enormously. As it is, I think he is pants! :p

aliasthad
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Had Kiefer done so my estimation of him would have increased enormously. As it is, I think he is pants!

Yeah, nobody could believe that Kiefer admitted it was Seb's point after the match, but did nothing about it at the time. I'm pretty sure he could have conceded the point (don't know all the rules myself).

It was notable that in the Grosjean/Federer Semi Final at Wimbledon 2004, Seb played a ripping forehand winner just as a mat the ball boys use blew onto the edge of the court. Neither player saw it but the umpire made them replay the point. Seb was asking Federer if he saw it (he didn't), but it didn't make a difference to the decision. Makes the 'suddenly you're allowed to fling your racquet everywhere' thing even more outrageous! They should have at least replayed the point!

Interesting to note that Kiefer & Grosjean won the doubles in the Mercedes Benz Cup together in 2001!

:D

sebabe
02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I very much doubt they will be playing doubles anytime in the future, however, if they did, that would be one interesting match to watch.

For the body language alone if nothing else!

Marine
02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I doubt too. Seb doesn't like Kiefer, even if Kiefer said he's friend with seb :lol:

Anyway thats goog to see seb's forum lives again thanks to you aliasthad and sebabe :D

sebabe
02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
As they say with friends like that......

You will I am sure get quite fed up with me, because you cannot imagine what a treat it is for me to be able to talk to other people who have watched the same matches as me and to hear their opinions whether they be similar to my own or different (that's good too).

I wonder Marine have you watched Seb play in person and have you ever met him?

Marine
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I wonder Marine have you watched Seb play in person and have you ever met him?

Yes and No.

I watched him play several times for 6 years, in RG, Bercy and Lyon.
I never met him. I didn't try.

sebabe
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
You never tried to get his autograph? Am I correct in thinking that you have started your own forum?

Marine
02-13-2007, 08:51 PM
You never tried to get his autograph? Am I correct in thinking that you have started your own forum?

Autographs don't interest me. I never asked for any autograph.
What does you make think I started my own forum :confused: lol

sebabe
02-14-2007, 07:33 AM
My mistake Marine, I was looking at the thread "forum seb" by Marineseb37 and I mistakenly got yourself and Marineseb37 muddled up. Unfortunately I cannot understand too much on there, but the photos are good.

I am so sad that I actually purchased a Seb autograph on ebay! I paid about £7.00 for it, I hope that it is genuine, it certainly looks very much like the other signature specimens that have seen posted by people lucky enough to have an original signed in person by Seb. But I kind of understand why you never bothered to get one yourself. When you watch the end of matches and you see Seb (or other players for that matter) signing autographs, they rarely look at the person they are signing for, and you kind of get the feeling that its an almost irritating part of procedures that they have to get through before they can get to the locker room.

GrosjeanFan1994
07-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi :bigwave:
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a huge fan of Seb and I'm so glad to see so many other fans :)

Hangdog
07-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll move here too then ;)
:lol: Ok thanks. I will do.

Is everybody confident that he will keep playing when he recovers? I'm so worried he's going to retire
He will. It can't be the other way :awww:

And thanks for coming and bringing some activity to our board :)

GrosjeanFan1994
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
I sure hope so :S

And np :)

Tulipe
07-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Oui, un peu d'optimisme, filles! :)

aliasthad
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey GrosjeanFan1994! :wavey:

I think Seb will keep going for a while yet. In a recent interview he mentioned Santoro and Clement as players with longevity who have come back from injury/poor form to produce good results. I think that seems to be the question people ask Seb after every loss now - 'when are you going to retire?'!!

Funny, since I have been watching Seb since 2004 and the first tournament I had the privilege of seeing him win (online!) was Lyon in October! I'd say that was a pretty good recent result! Injury has hampered him since then.

Anyway, that's my two cents and I'll just be happy watching Seb for as long as I can!

Welcome! :cool:

GrosjeanFan1994
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM

Ooh that's good. He must get so annoyed with the press asking him about retirement all the time :p

Ah okay. Shame he's injured so much :sad: