Super 14 Week 1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Super 14 Week 1

dave nz
01-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Post your plays / thoughts in here boys.

I will be posting my plays, as most will know I don't do writeups.

Schedule of games for week 1 NZ times listed :

Friday 2nd February 2007

Blues v Crusaders Eden Park (19:35)
Western Force v Highlanders (23:05)
Lions v Waratahs (6:10)

Saturday 3rd February 2007

Chiefs v Brumbies Waikato Stadium (19:35)
Reds v Hurricanes Ballymore (21:40)
Sharks v Bulls Kings Park (4:00)
Cheetahs v Stormers (6:10)

Goodluck to all having a go this season!

Mr Flamboyant
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Mate what's the story with the New Zealand lot .. How many players / from what teams, are sitting out these opening rounds of the S14 ..?

dave nz
01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Mate what's the story with the New Zealand lot .. How many players / from what teams, are sitting out these opening rounds of the S14 ..?

Flambo,

I found a link on planetrugby that goes into that.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/0,18917,9992_,00.html

From there If u click on a Kiwi team it explains the situation there regarding which players are going for the conditioning program, as well as other info like offseason losses and gains.

Also most teams are named Thursday and Friday each week.

Mr Flamboyant
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks Dave ..

Mr Flamboyant
02-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Initial lean for opening night is: Western Force -6.5 ... Should be a much improved team to last years .. they've put in a pretty torrid pre-season and at home in the heat I think they might do a number on the Highlanders who're of course missing their all black contingent (Anton Oliver and Carl Hayman) and key flyhalf Nick Evans is out through injury .. But above all I think this is a big statement game for Force .. They were the whipping boys in their inaugural season and will be revved to prove themselves right from the get go infront of what is certain to be a huge (and optimistic) home crowd .. The warm conditions in Perth should also suit the hosts ..

The main concern I have is the Force being a little down chemistry wise .. Will their impressive new look lineup struggle in it's first major hitout?

Interested to read others' thoughts ...

dave nz
02-02-2007, 02:20 AM
One small one for tonight so far, feel my way in. Like the Highlanders +7 in the late game and may add it. If ever there was a strong case for having mutiple books the opening S14 lines illustrate this, quite big line differences for the opening round :

Crusaders +3.5 over Blues-----------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

sports freak
02-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Initial lean for opening night is: Western Force -6.5 ... Should be a much improved team to last years .. they've put in a pretty torrid pre-season and at home in the heat I think they might do a number on the Highlanders who're of course missing their all black contingent (Anton Oliver and Carl Hayman) and key flyhalf Nick Evans is out through injury .. But above all I think this is a big statement game for Force .. They were the whipping boys in their inaugural season and will be revved to prove themselves right from the get go infront of what is certain to be a huge (and optimistic) home crowd .. The warm conditions in Perth should also suit the hosts ..

The main concern I have is the Force being a little down chemistry wise .. Will their impressive new look lineup struggle in it's first major hitout?

Interested to read others' thoughts ...

Leaning towards the same mate,Force needs a win 2nite and hopefully they deliver,Million Dollar Man needs to RISE N SHINE ;)

bad gambler
02-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Kick off with the late one in Perth

Highlanders to cover +7.5 v Force

good luck

dave nz
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Nice call BG was with ya. Took the ML too.

Mr Flamboyant
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow didn't see that late game but reads like a typical early season stinker ... Nice call those who took the Highlanders with the points .. Nice also that I let my Force ats lean go through to the keeper ...

Bolar Bolabi
02-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Reds +5

Brumbies +5

Good luck

its.like.that
02-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Brumbies ML

bad gambler
02-03-2007, 05:42 AM
I'd take the points, but Brumbies are the play IMO

No play for me, too late to get on

Mr Flamboyant
02-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Some rather large line variations here .. My book has the Reds catching 3.5 ...

Bolar Bolabi
02-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Reds +5

Brumbies +5

Good luck

Excellent start

bad gambler
02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Sharks to cover -2.5 v Bulls

good luck

bad gambler
02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Sharks to cover -2.5 v Bulls

good luck

win

kiwimike
02-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Good call Bad gambler , i'm glad to see you off to a good start for the Super 14. I'll be following this thread throughout. All the best mate!

Mr Flamboyant
02-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Good to see you here at last Kiwimike .. if you don't post a winning play in your first week at MTF you have to post shirtless pictures of yourself for the queens in the 'general discussion' thread! ;) (WTF is with their recent topic "who has the biggest dick on the ATP?" :confused: :confused: :confused: pleeeease??!)

kiwimike
02-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Hey Mr F :wavey:

Cheers for the welcome, yeah i haven't posted just yet, i am still looking things over here and getting a feel for the forums...will hopefully post a winning super 14 bet this week, i'm quite keen on following the super 14.

I did pick the blues win. but didn't post , so that dosen't count....bugger!

Mr Flamboyant
02-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey Mr F :wavey:

Cheers for the welcome, yeah i haven't posted just yet, i am still looking things over here and getting a feel for the forums...will hopefully post a winning super 14 bet this week, i'm quite keen on following the super 14.

I did pick the blues win. but didn't post , so that dosen't count....bugger!

Hehe ... there's no pressure at all on you .. just watching the way a lot of the top guys here make their plays really is something to soak up imo .. ;) is certainly changing the way I look matchups & making plays ect ..