Nadal makes it in March..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal makes it in March.....

Phssthpok
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
:cool: ……..last year, when Nadal was just beating Federer on clay, this board was festooned with confident predictions of the Spanish “wonder kid” taking over Federer’s number one spot by March of 2007. Well, based on their current respective rankings, the only way I can see Nadal taking over the number one spot is if Federer retired from tennis because of old age and benevolently donated all of his ranking points to the “wonder kid”. No doubt, the drubbing Nadal received in the Aussie Open was really a cunning plan by Uncle Tony to lull Federer into a false sense of security for the coming year and the wonder kid’s ascendancy to the top.

Mistaflava
01-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Uncle Tony is a mastermind...one of Ivan Ljubicic's best friends.

r2473
01-30-2007, 07:19 PM
:cool: ……..last year, when Nadal was just beating Federer on clay, this board was festooned with confident predictions of the Spanish “wonder kid” taking over Federer’s number one spot by March of 2007. Well, based on their current respective rankings, the only way I can see Nadal taking over the number one spot is if Federer retired from tennis because of old age and benevolently donated all of his ranking points to the “wonder kid”. No doubt, the drubbing Nadal received in the Aussie Open was really a cunning plan by Uncle Tony to lull Federer into a false sense of security for the coming year and the wonder kid’s ascendancy to the top.

clever. i guess you told us.

DrJules
01-30-2007, 07:20 PM
At Wimbledon last year when Nadal played Federer they were saying that if Nadal beat Federer there would be reason to consider Nadal the world number 1 following his French Open victory.

How things changed in the last 7 months; Federer has improved while Nadal has possibly declined.

guga2120
01-30-2007, 07:22 PM
At Wimbledon last year when Nadal played Federer they were saying that if Nadal beat Federer there would be reason to consider Nadal the world number 1 following his French Open victory.

How things changed in the last 7 months; Federer has improved while Nadal has possibly declined.

it sucks but Nadal has declined, he gets hurt too often, b/c he was the only guy that could push Federer.

And after seeing him in Australia he, Federer, is better now.

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the useful, original thread :retard:

kobulingam
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
it sucks but Nadal has declined, he gets hurt too often, b/c he was the only guy that could push Federer.

And after seeing him in Australia he, Federer, is better now.

Remember, the 2 HC victories Nadal had against Federer were:

1) Miami where Federer had very high fever and the temperature was blazing hot (well known, look it up)
2) Dubai last year where Federer just came back from a long break where he rested his ankle. He was wearing an ankle brace and his movement was well below normal. He blazed Nadal in the first set then ran out of gas. And, Nadal had 3 days off or something before the final, so he was very fresh.

On clay Nadal can push Federer, that's all.

yana
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM

wow, your irony is killing us. :rolleyes:

guga2120
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Remember, the 2 HC victories Nadal had against Federer were:

1) Miami where Federer had very high fever and the temperature was blazing hot (well known, look it up)
2) Dubai last year where Federer just came back from a long break where he rested his ankle. He was wearing an ankle brace and his movement was well below normal. He blazed Nadal in the first set then ran out of gas. And, Nadal had 3 days off or something before the final, so he was very fresh.

On clay Nadal can push Federer, that's all.

i don't doubt any of that, you put them in the final of Dubai, on that fast court Federer would almost certainly win. Especially since Nadal is in Spain now getting a MRI on his leg. He seems to be always injured in some way, but on clay Nadal does a little more than "push" him, atleast so far he has.

kobulingam
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
i don't doubt any of that, you put them in the final of Dubai, on that fast court Federer would almost certainly win. Especially since Nadal is in Spain now getting a MRI on his leg. He seems to be always injured in some way, but on clay Nadal does a little more than "push" him, atleast so far he has.

Sorry. I meant it in the way that on clay Nadal can push him around (win). On other surfaces he can only "push" him a little.

Johnny Groove
01-31-2007, 12:25 AM
good job :retard: :retard:

Jlee
01-31-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm having trouble believing that Nadal will have longevity in tennis. Unless he changes his game, injuries are going to come. He wins because he's so physical, but I don't think he can sustain that for a long period of time. It really depends how he does in the clay court season. If he loses on the clay, things will begin to look really bad for him. At the moment he's still the king of clay though and will always do well on that surface.

He just really needs to have a good tournament. Doing well in IW or Miami would be very helpful for him.

admiralpye
01-31-2007, 04:35 AM
clever. i guess you told us.

LOL! Yeah, I guess he did.

kittens25
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Nadal is exactly what the mens game needs and the mens game needs he or Roddick to take over on top from Federer. The mens game needs a player with charisma, great looks, style, class, and talent, and an exciting athletic and powerful game to take over on top. With Federer, and his huge nose on top, and his fragile baseline game, not the devasting baseline game of Agassi or Lendl or Nadal, or even a good net game or that good a serve, it sucks the life out of the mens game. Nadal has all the talent to be on top, he has way more talent then Federer. However Federer makes smart decisions about scheduling and stuff, Nadal isnt right now and is getting injured too much.

MariaV
01-31-2007, 08:35 AM
:haha: And what's his huge nose got to do with it? I may not be a Fedtard but I cannot say often enough - LEAVE HIS NOSE ALONE! :armed: :mad: :fiery:
:haha:

kittens25
01-31-2007, 08:38 AM
His huge nose makes it hard for him to be considered a good looking guy, and looks in both womens and mens sells tickets. Sorry but that is just reality. When you see him it is the first thing that stands out to you.

Nadal is a very good looking young man with style and flair which is what tennis needs from its superstar. Disagree with me if you want but the interest in tennis now, mens tennis, speaks for itself. European events are having trouble selling out, as are Australian events, it is not just in the U.S.

doublebackhand
01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Nadal is exactly what the mens game needs and the mens game needs he or Roddick to take over on top from Federer. The mens game needs a player with charisma, great looks, style, class, and talent, and an exciting athletic and powerful game to take over on top. With Federer, and his huge nose on top, and his fragile baseline game, not the devasting baseline game of Agassi or Lendl or Nadal, or even a good net game or that good a serve, it sucks the life out of the mens game. Nadal has all the talent to be on top, he has way more talent then Federer. However Federer makes smart decisions about scheduling and stuff, Nadal isnt right now and is getting injured too much.

intelligent stuff aint it?

oz_boz
01-31-2007, 09:19 AM
It might be eleven more months before 2008 but this will be the post of the year, no contest:

Roddick's athletic and powerful game really is something isn't it? Too bad he only gets into full gear one time out of fourteen. Oh, and in exhos too of course.

kittens25 :worship: Who needs RFK when you're around? Now wait...!

bokehlicious
01-31-2007, 09:46 AM
kittens25 makes dumbass such as Jogy, R=FK, Andre#1 whore, sondra, etc look like tennis Einsteins :eek: :eek: :worship:

Art&Soul
01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Rafatards nowadays :ignore: :bolt:

kronus12
01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
kitten you loser get a life you rafatard nob, all you do on this forum is complain about fed and how dominant he is, please get a clue and let it go.

Rafal is a great player im sure he'll be back in form when the clay season comes along, he's the only man that can stop the fed machine from claiming the French open title. There matches last year were awesome brute strength of nadal versus the fineses of Federer what a match up.

avinash
01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
kittens i think you have become a pussy now :angel:

whats with rafas crooked mouth he looks more like an arrogant bull nothing else. and the amount of times he picks his ass he must be having permanent stink on his hands :devil:

no class man

federer is close to god at the moment

go get a life or a c....

Sunset of Age
01-31-2007, 03:16 PM
What is it with so many Rafa-fans coming across as... :retard: :retard: :retard: ???

Heavens, poor Rafa. With fans like that, you don't need any enemies!

neme6
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=kittens25;4784910]. Nadal has all the talent to be on top, he has way more talent then Federer.

What? Way more talent than Federer? you have to be joking right. granted Nadal has alot of talent, but Federer has every shot in the book, while Nadal has maybe half of them, sorry but Nadal's game allways depends on his ability to run after every ball and make an exceptionnal passing shot, but if he can't do that, he's not even in the top 5. While Federer can do so much damage with anything. Oh yeah and he's lucky to be a lefty too.

FluffyYellowBall
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
You cant make a judgement now and say that nadals level is declining. Federers at his peak now, nadal isnt. He might get injured and retire from tennis tomorrow like the tards wish but chances are he definately wont continue to decline.

Shabazza
01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah and he's lucky to be a lefty too.

It's not luck. Uncle Toni teached Nadal from the beginning to play left handed (while Nadal is a natural right-hander), knowing it will be an advantage for him in the future. It was planned.

UncleZeke
01-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Eurosport reports Rafa underwent MRI on his left leg in Mallorca.

Pea
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Rafa's fans no good English. Sorry, no? They meant 2008. Yes?

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
kittens i think you have become a pussy now :angel:

whats with rafas crooked mouth he looks more like an arrogant bull nothing else. and the amount of times he picks his ass he must be having permanent stink on his hands :devil:

no class man

federer is close to god at the moment

go get a life or a c....

Let the ass licking commence:rolleyes:

adee-gee
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
This thread just about sums up MTF :o

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
:haha: And what's his huge nose got to do with it? I may not be a Fedtard but I cannot say often enough - LEAVE HIS NOSE ALONE! :armed: :mad: :fiery:

That's hilarious, how did we go from, he need to improve his tennis, to he suck, he picks his ass, again, to Feds nose is too big, to you suck you like Rafa, again.

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM
kittens25 makes dumbass such as Jogy, R=FK, Andre#1 whore, sondra, etc look like tennis Einsteins :eek: :eek: :worship:

thank you for the acknowledgement of my tennis brilliance. and by the way it's hillarious to me how, the one's constinently saying nothing about this boys tennis, always manage to comment on how someone else knows nothing about tennis. Care to break it down for us your majesty.

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:21 PM

Pretty much, can we get back to the tennis, now is that O.K I mean or does that get in the way of the Rafa bashing. Lord knows we wouldn't want to take that away from these tennis experts.

adee-gee
01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Pretty much, can we get back to the tennis, now is that O.K I mean or does that get in the way of the Rafa bashing. Lord knows we wouldn't want to take that away from these tennis experts.
Why would you want to talk about Nadal's tennis, it's boring and all he can do is hit moonballs :shrug:

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Why would you want to talk about Nadal's tennis, it's boring and all he can do is hit moonballs :shrug:

well I guess that's about the most intelligent conversation your going to get out of any one here about anything that pertains to tennis

thread started out promising, but....read the sig

Bagelicious
01-31-2007, 07:26 PM

His huge nose makes it hard for him to be considered a good looking guy, and looks in both womens and mens sells tickets. Sorry but that is just reality. When you see him it is the first thing that stands out to you.

Nadal is a very good looking young man with style and flair which is what tennis needs from its superstar. Disagree with me if you want but the interest in tennis now, mens tennis, speaks for itself. European events are having trouble selling out, as are Australian events, it is not just in the U.S.

:haha: :worship: :haha: :worship: :haha: I am privileged to read your words! I haven't laughed this hard at an MTF thread EVER, including all the hitchhiker classics. Hitchhiker better watch out, there's a new comedian in town!

It might be eleven more months before 2008 but this will be the post of the year, no contest:
kittens25 :worship: Who needs RFK when you're around? Now wait...!

Personally, I think this thread should be 'thread of the year'. We only need a hilarious illustration for Hitchhiker to take this thread into immortality.

What is it with so many Rafa-fans coming across as... :retard: :retard: :retard: ???

Heavens, poor Rafa. With fans like that, you don't need any enemies!

Poor ClayBuster :hug: it's tough for a Rofa fan in here. Between the thread starter and kittens25, it might be time to consider being a Jiri Novak fan.

This quote just about sums up this thread. :o (who thought the day would come when I would whole-heartedly agree with Adam?)

Skyward
01-31-2007, 07:39 PM

Hm...Registered in July 2004 and started to produce masterpieces only yesterday...:scratch:

PamV
01-31-2007, 07:48 PM

I remember when JMac said that. It was a stupid thing to say at the time but I suppose he was guessing that Federer would simply crumble mentally if he lost to Nadal in that situation.

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Where has the tennis gone.

PamV
01-31-2007, 07:59 PM
The mens game needs a player with charisma, great looks, style, class, and talent, and an exciting athletic and powerful game

YES ! And that what's we have in Federer !!! We are so LUCKY !!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/Sig01.jpg

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
YES ! And that what's we have in Federer !!! We are so LUCKY !!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/Sig01.jpg

Tennis any one

kobulingam
01-31-2007, 08:33 PM

What do you do for a living, Kittens?

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 08:36 PM
O.K so I'll start it off, So Nadals injury is not serious, so the doctors say and he is going to play DC. Now I noticed that Fed has decided to not play again, putting his single play before dc. my question is do people think Rafa should do the same and focus on his single game more. or will this be good for him getting his game and confidence back on track.

Sunset of Age
01-31-2007, 09:13 PM
O.K so I'll start it off, So Nadals injury is not serious, so the doctors say and he is going to play DC. Now I noticed that Fed has decided to not play again, putting his single play before dc. my question is do people think Rafa should do the same and focus on his single game more. or will this be good for him getting his game and confidence back on track.

well well - a serious question deserves a serious answer, no? ;)

I'd say it's all up to themselves. Roger has already stated on numerous occasions that his first goal is to keep his No. 1 position (and I might as well add - get that GRAND SLAM done!), whereas Rafa has obviously made a different decision. Both choices are okay with me, as it is up to the players themselves to decide what to do with their carreers.

It may well also have to do with the fact that the Spanish players seem to be quite close and consider each other as good friends, whereas Roger seems to be more working on his own personal goals - I guess the Nationalism factor counts less with him (as it seems to do with the Swiss people in general).
Both should do what they feel is best for them!

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I noticed sharapova doesn't play for Russia, some poeple said it's because the girls don't like her or something. But why doesn't she just play for america. I mean she's been living here since she was 4 or something. I'm sure no one would hate her any more than they already do

Shabazza
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I noticed sharapova doesn't play for Russia, some poeple said it's because the girls don't like her or something. But why doesn't she just play for america. I mean she's been living here since she was 4 or something. I'm sure no one would hate her any more than they already do

First, she was 8 when she moved and second, she is not a citizen of the USA, plain and simple. And when I look at Tursunov and how he was denied the citizenship and his will to play for the US, I can understand Sharapova's decision rather not to play.

tangerine_dream
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
First, she was 8 when she moved and second, she is not a citizen of the USA, plain and simple. And when I look at Tursunov and how he was denied the citizenship and his will to play for the US, I can understand Sharapova's decision rather not to play.
Something's wrong with a country that lets people like Jerry/Ducky become insta-citizens but people like Tursunov are not. :scratch:

sondraj06
01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah that's why every one wants to be here.

Ceri
02-01-2007, 12:01 AM

I beg to differ...Federer is much hotter than Nadal! No offense to Nadal, but he isn't exactly great-looking!! Fed every time.

Sunset of Age
02-01-2007, 12:06 AM

Okay, I answer to your question, and then you divert it to... Shriekapova???

Come on here, dear. What's you point?

Fedex
02-01-2007, 02:29 AM
I coulden't agree more. :) :worship: :worship: :worship:

Fedex
02-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Hm...Registered in July 2004 and started to produce masterpieces only yesterday...:scratch:
It's obviously taken over 2 years to prepare this brilliant work of art. :)

PamV
02-01-2007, 02:46 AM
I beg to differ...Federer is much hotter than Nadal! No offense to Nadal, but he isn't exactly great-looking!! Fed every time.

Federer is very good looking. The fact is even guys who are professional models don't look good in all lighting. Federer has a suave elegance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/PJ2004/Tennis/Vogue2006.jpg

Fedex
02-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Something's wrong with a country that lets people like Jerry/Ducky become insta-citizens but people like Tursunov are not. :scratch:
Tangerine, as much as it pains me to say this, that Patriots logo in your signature needs to be taken down. I cant help but think of that game every time I see it. :lol: :sad: :banghead:

PamV
02-01-2007, 03:16 AM

Was Tursunov denied citizenship......or did he just not seek it ? Lots of people live in the US but don't seek citizenship.

liptea
02-01-2007, 03:39 AM

it is very biteable.

PamV
02-01-2007, 03:42 AM
it is very biteable.

Men with small noses look effeminate. NTAWWT.

sondraj06
02-01-2007, 04:18 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with his looks. But I wish he'd not talk to the ground so much. I realize he does that a lot

sondraj06
02-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Okay, I answer to your question, and then you divert it to... Shriekapova???

Come on here, dear. What's you point?

I'm starting to think the women on this board are daft, what do you mean what's my point. you gave me your opinion. ended, over. do girls not know the value of ending something:confused: