Massu def. Capdeville 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Massu def. Capdeville 6-4 6-3

croat123
01-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Capdeville had chances in both sets...

Did Massu circle the wrong mark in that game? the replay made it look like the ball just clipped the line...

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Capdeville blew it. Had 4-2 in the first and 2-0 in the second...

Snowwy
01-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Good for Massu to get through though.

PoderShileno
01-30-2007, 02:27 AM
the crowd :cuckoo:

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 02:31 AM
stupid crowd... it's ridicouls, they booing nico lot of the match

nico :fiery:

paul too inconsistent, but good fight :yeah:

NicoFan
01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Yeay for Nico!!! :woohoo:

He's a bit rusty - hasn't had any real match play this year (can't really call the match against Nole a match).

So good for him to be able to pull it out. :yeah:

Sjengster
01-30-2007, 02:40 AM
stupid crowd... it's ridicouls, they booing nico lot of the match

nico :fiery:

paul too inconsistent, but good fight :yeah:

Isn't he actually from Vina itself? That makes it worse. Maybe they were comparing his AO performance unfavourably with Gonzalez's, which is unfair to say the least.

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 02:42 AM
From what I've seen, the only reason for the crowd could be that Massu was trying to intimidate Capdeville from the start. Not sure.

Bloodletting
01-30-2007, 02:44 AM
nah... it was the typical "cheer-for-the-dog" thing that happens everywhere. I don't know why all the fuss about it. It wasn't like they booed Massú anyway...

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 02:48 AM
i think the crowd was booing massu and cheering for paul cause of bad AO loss of nico

the people in Chile is too stupid when a chilean sportsman loses badly and is having a bad moment they dont cheer for him and sometimes they start to dislike him... that's could be nico's problem now...

but if massu starts to win again the people will cheer for him again and will be again a hero like in Athens 2004, see gonzo today arrived in Chile today as a hero... all the people talks about him, all the media is arround him... it's all about gonzo here in Chile, but i expect the same thing when gonzo start to lose

for me Massu's still an idol for me, I have memory, i still remember his heroic run in Athens, 2 GOLD MEDALS IS JUST A MIRACLE, AMAZING!!!!!, you can still saying that nico bh sucks, sometimes gets crazy on court... but for me still an incredible sportsman

VAMOS NICOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Isn't he actually from Vina itself? That makes it worse. Maybe they were comparing his AO performance unfavourably with Gonzalez's, which is unfair to say the least.

Yes, he is from Vi˝a. I mean I know a lot of the Chilean fans here and there were pissed off with that Djokovic effort, but they didn't boo him.

It's like that though, if he plays well, then they will be for him again.

Bloodletting
01-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Yeah right.

So what you are saying is that if Nico plays Fernando this week, the crowd will support Nico because he's the underdog???

:haha:

Yeah right - hell would freeze over before that ever happens.

NO, I never said that.

You can't compare the same situations. Capdeville is (at least that's joe public percepction) several classes lower than Mass˙. Mass˙ would never be an underdog to Gonzo. In the eyes of the country both are (or were) part of the elite. The fact that one of them is skyrocketting while the other is struggling heavily since a year is another story.

I don't know what match you guys saw. What I saw was a relaxed match with medium attendance, with some people cheering for Capdeville but more a bit of a joke than anything. And at the end when Capdeville drowned the people enjoyed Mass˙'s points.

And about Vi˝a:

1. In February, Vi˝a is another city. Roughly 40% of the attendance there is thanks to residents.
2. I'm not from Vi˝a del Mar but I wouldn't be surprised if people there start getting fed up of Mass˙. Better said - not of Mass˙, but of "The Mass˙'s" mainly because of his mom

and last thing, I seriously doubt the AO match has something to do with this, that was kind of expected loss from Mass˙

Sparko1030
01-30-2007, 03:14 AM
:yeah: Nico!!!!

:hug: Paul

:ras: to the audience in Vina tonight....

Fergie
01-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Nico :yeah:

Paul :hug:

The crowd :retard:

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 03:17 AM
bloodletting i see clear when the people boo nico today

and the "CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE CAPDEVILLE" was ferious today from some of the crowd...

Bloodletting
01-30-2007, 03:21 AM
bloodletting i see clear when the people boo nico today

and the "CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE CAPDEVILLE" was ferious today from some of the crowd...

You can' take that seriously.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 03:24 AM
You can' take that seriously.

i hope so... i hope that was only a joke

but at some moments was very ferious

Bloodletting
01-30-2007, 03:30 AM
you'll see that in his next match they will all support him loudly. Too bad he won't be getting a night match (very improbable with Gonzo playing on wednesday and thursday his two RR matches)

Bloodletting
01-30-2007, 03:31 AM
..and on saturday semi I expect the same equal support, just like last year

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 03:43 AM
im waiting for that semifinal rematch on saturday night

but it's hard to see a gonzo out of gas winning 3 matches this week