Feliciano Lopez [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Feliciano Lopez

fran70
01-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Does anyone know what is he on now? He was a player that has the talent and tennis skills to be in the top 10, He plays well in all surfaces but seems to be extremely mentally weak.

Does anyone know if he change his coach and who is him now and what are his plans for 2007?

Thanks in advance

Fran

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Lalo with skills to be in the top 10? Maybe in the seniors tour, with that backhand.

If you don't know, mr. Disney will propose a new rule and that is: if a player takes a backhand DTL winner from Lalo, he loses the match automatically. ;)

El Legenda
01-30-2007, 03:14 AM
he is playing in Zagreb this week.

RickDaStick
01-30-2007, 03:15 AM
We need to listen to Ivan on this one

Q. How high do you think Lopez could go? Do you think he could be a top 10 player?

IVAN LJUBICIC: No, no.

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Lalo, is undergoing a court case. Where the charge is "impersonating a tennis player" and bringing the game into disrepute.

connectolove
01-30-2007, 03:16 AM
Lalo is very talented but mentally weak, that's the reality. He is in luv with some gorgeous woman and too busy with that.

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Lalo, is undergoing a court case. Where the charge is "impersonating a tennis player" and bringing the game into disrepute.

:haha: :haha:

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Lalo is very talented but mentally weak, that's the reality. He is in luv with some gorgeous woman and too busy with that.

Nadal is no gorgeous woman. :p

marti_228
01-30-2007, 03:19 AM
He has a real potencial to become a world supermodel. I'm talking seriously, he has a supermodel face and body.

PoderShileno
01-30-2007, 03:30 AM

Q. How high do you think Lopez could go? Do you think he could be a top 10 player?

:haha:

you are a bad person ivan :p

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 03:36 AM
He has a real potencial to become a world supermodel. I'm talking seriously, he has a supermodel face and body.

Maybe he could teach Nadal how to wear underwear.

NicoFan
01-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Hey hey hey - have respect for the person asking the question, someone who is new, and doesn't understand how insane GM is.

3-4 years ago, I would say that Feli had a strong top 15 game. But for various reasons (be nice everyone), his game has dropped.

You see flashes of the old Feli now and again, like in the match against Ljubicic at the US Open last year. But he's so inconsistent.

Talk to Carlita over in the player's forums (the Spanish Armada forums) - she's mostly over in Fer Verdasco's forum. She can give you more information.

Don't listen to these guys.

TMJordan
01-30-2007, 03:43 AM
Whatever is wrong with him I really hope it continues tommorow against old man Koubek, but Koubek is Koubek and Lalo will most likley beat him.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 04:20 AM
the Beckham of tennis??? :lol:

poor LaLo, he's close to be out of top 100 :eek:

artlinkletter
01-30-2007, 04:20 AM

I can appreciate a good looking man; Feli is one. He would be more successful as a model at this point.

~EMiLiTA~
01-30-2007, 05:58 AM
3-4 years ago, I would say that Feli had a strong top 15 game. But for various reasons (be nice everyone), his game has dropped.

You see flashes of the old Feli now and again, like in the match against Ljubicic at the US Open last year. But he's so inconsistent.

Yes, 2003-2004 were his best years I think. I saw him play at that time and he did have talent. Now he seems to have just lost the plot mentally...more interested in fashion and pretending to have a gf when he clearly just wants Rafa.

Last i heard he was working with Albert Costa...although he was coached by Jordi Vilaró and another guy for a long time.

I don't really expect him to do great things in tennis...he might still make the odd final...or get through a few rounds at Wimbledon, since grass is his fave surface, but nothing earth shattering.

Deivid23
01-30-2007, 08:21 AM
LaLo´s title in Vienna was the biggest fluke in modern tennis and he won´t ever win another title in his career as expected

FluffyYellowBall
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
LaLo´s title in Vienna was the biggest fluke in modern tennis and he won´t ever win another title in his career as expected

Unless someone can convince him that pretty boys dont win;)

thiaela
01-30-2007, 05:04 PM
he is playing in Zagreb this week.

I hope that he can win.

Horatio Caine
01-30-2007, 05:08 PM

:haha: :haha:

When did he say that? This week? :spit:

El Legenda
01-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I hope that he can win.

he cant...he plays Ljubicic 2nd round...slim chance of winning in a fast indoor vs Ljubicic in Croatia.

thiaela
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
That don't mean that he can win.

Loremaster
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
he cant...he plays Ljubicic 2nd round...slim chance of winning in a fast indoor vs Ljubicic in Croatia.

Hehehe another nightmare for Ljubo :devil: I would be laughing whole week if Ljubo loses to Feli in 2nd round

thiaela
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Hehehe another nightmare for Ljubo :devil: I would be laughing whole week if Ljubo loses to Feli in 2nd round

I trust in Feli and I know that he gonna win

RickDaStick
01-30-2007, 05:46 PM

You could probably use a whole week of laughing as im sure you spend a whole week already crying from the rapings rafa and dick took down under.

Miss Croft
01-30-2007, 05:46 PM
he spends a lot of time brushing his hair. that can't help him physically or mentally... it sounds awkward but yeah, it's the truth.

thiaela
01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't know why everybody think that he just wanna play tennis and that's all

El Legenda
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I trust in Feli and I know that he gonna win
he has 1% chance of beating Ivan in Zagreb...and that 1% depends on how Ivan plays...nothing to do with Feli

connectolove
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Nadal is no gorgeous woman. :p

:lol:

Loremaster
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
You could probably use a whole week of laughing as im sure you spend a whole week already crying from the rapings rafa and dick took down under.

hehehe Rafa and Andy were much better than Ljubo (who after FO is out of Top10) and in fact Andy moved 3 spots in rankings , and Ljubo is sliding down in rankings.

what more Andy has almost nothing to defend untill Cincy :worship:

and clay season is coming very fast good news for Rafa :worship:

sorry but how could :jubo be considered Top players , it doesn't amaze me that he is Mr.Invisible loosing in 1st round of Slam two times in row is funny + these two Slams were on Hardcourt + losing in RR of TMC so there are three big events in which Ljubo showed how great player he is

Loremaster
01-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't know why everybody think that he just wanna play tennis and that's all

I hope so !!

VAMOS FELI :worship: :worship:

G_Hughes
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Lalo as a tennis player is a great model ..........

yakuzaninja
01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
LaLo is top 40 at best. Very limited player. Can't get better either.

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 12:16 AM
hehehe Rafa and Andy were much better than Ljubo (who after FO is out of Top10) and in fact Andy moved 3 spots in rankings , and Ljubo is sliding down in rankings.

what more Andy has almost nothing to defend untill Cincy :worship:

and clay season is coming very fast good news for Rafa :worship:

sorry but how could :jubo be considered Top players , it doesn't amaze me that he is Mr.Invisible loosing in 1st round of Slam two times in row is funny + these two Slams were on Hardcourt + losing in RR of TMC so there are three big events in which Ljubo showed how great player he is

If Roddick wins 3 matches during the clay season he'll probably equal his best showing there. I don't know it that's a good near future...