Is Nalbandian the Argentine Dlouhy? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Nalbandian the Argentine Dlouhy?

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Lukas Dlouhy merciless in Zagreb: 4/6 6/2 7/5 against Phau

Dlouhy as usual deceiving his game until Phau served 5/3 30-15 in the third set.

Way to go man, build up on that marathon against Gabashvili.

Reports on that match appreciated.

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 12:50 AM
I wonder if big Lukas was lulling Phau into a false sense of security, he is one for the ride for sure.

Seems like his performance against Acasuso at RG he was down a set and 5-1 in the 2nd, yet comes back and wins it in 4 going away.

scarecrows
01-30-2007, 12:51 AM
as one of his biggest supporters (my avatar says it all) I'm delighted of this win

what the phau was he thinking when he managed to go 5-3 down in the 3d?

anyway, like GWH says, the win was NEVER IN DOUBT

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 12:53 AM
After breaking back 5/4 he held all the game only with 2nd serves. That's gutsy!

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
I wonder if he used that lethal slice backhand to do the damage in this match. This is the man who will defeat James Blake in 5 sets to win the DC tie for the Czechs.

Nathaliia
01-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Lukas :bigclap:

Oh gosh, I'm such a Dlouhyette!

fran70
01-30-2007, 12:58 AM
He is definitely a player I would like to watch! I hope he can make it in the main draw of Buenos Aires tournament and see him then :)

scarecrows
01-30-2007, 01:00 AM
next round is either Cilic or Clement

shouldnt be difficult for Lu anyway

Zirconek
01-30-2007, 01:00 AM
I've changed my nationality because of him. I used to be Brazilian, but when I saw him playing in singles and doubles, I decided to change my nationality.

Shame on you Lendl, Navratilova, Mandlikova, Hlasek, Hingis :o

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Dlouhy will bring Federer down in RG.

Merton
01-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I wonder if he used that lethal slice backhand to do the damage in this match. This is the man who will defeat James Blake in 5 sets to win the DC tie for the Czechs.

It will be funny indeed if it comes down to a 5th set in the final match. This is a very interesting tie for sure, the Czechs have chances even without Stepanek playing.

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
It will be funny indeed if it comes down to a 5th set in the final match. This is a very interesting tie for sure, the Czechs have chances even without Stepanek playing.

For sure as big Lukas has a great slice and can move on clay and Blake will bow at the feet of the Dlouhy train.

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 01:04 AM

They are favorites, mate. ;)

Voo de Mar
01-30-2007, 01:08 AM
I saw the whole Dlouhy-Kubot match in Bratislava 2006 (Challenger). For me Dlouhy is a Central-Europe's Nalbandian :lol:

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 01:18 AM
For me Dlouhy is a Central-Europe's Nalbandian :lol:

For sure or Nalbandian is "the Argentine Dlouhy".

Merton
01-30-2007, 01:18 AM
They are favorites, mate. ;)

I think it is close, Tomas needs to win both his matches (he can do it) and then it will be wide open for the decisive match. But it will be amusing when the "experts" declare the US to be the clear favourite, based on rankings and clay not being Berdych's best surface.

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 01:25 AM
From the AO

Dlouhy vs. Gabashvili

This match didn’t start off as anything special, but that changed eventually and thankfully for that. Big dropshot Dlouhy started off very well and he is keeping the big Georgian-Russian who is based in Spain off balance with deep groundstrokes and drop shots and volleys and Lukas is an aficionado of the dropshot.

Dlouhy gets a break in the 3rd and I go for a walk thinking this match is done and dusted, then I come back and see Teimur has taken the 3rd set. As in the 3rd Dlouhy had another break, but wasn’t able to hold it and it went to a tiebreaker which Teimur took and he is hitting his forehand a lot better than the first 2 sets and is battling hard and takes it to a 5th set.

The games go on serve and are hard fought, Lukas is still playing his sneaky dinks and Teimur is fighting hard and the crowd are loving it who are watching from another court where they can see from the top of the temporary stand and there are just 2 rows of seats on this court. Dlouhy breaks at 13-12 and hands it back quickly and then he breaks at 15-14 and holds to win 16-14.

This was played in great spirit and a bit of showmanship as well, both giving each other the stare down. Dlouhy was hitting the angles and running Gabash around and Teimur was trying to hit through him.

There was a hot Myskina lookalike who is of Russian descent, mad eit better.

fran70
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
or Nalbandian is "the Argentine Dlouhy".

That´s smashing! so does it mean that we are going to see Dlouhy winning a Master Cup, reaching Wimbly´s final or US, AO and RG semifinals? :angel:

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Great post man! :hatoff:

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 01:29 AM
That´s smashing! so does it mean that we are going to see Dlouhy winning a Master Cup, reaching Wimbly´s final or US, AO and RG semifinals? :angel:

He is on the list for Buenos Aires and you can watch the emerging talent of Dlouhy.

fran70
01-30-2007, 01:32 AM
He is on the list for Buenos Aires and you can watch the emerging talent of Dlouhy.

Definitely he is one of the players I would like to see along with Korolev and Bozoljac.

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Definitely he is one of the players I would like to see along with Korolev and Bozoljac.

Take pics with him. Someday in the future you'll be proud of having a picture with this legend.

fran70
01-30-2007, 01:39 AM
I will! and I promise to post them here :)

MissPovaFan
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM

Oh Dlouhy will be mobbed by me! I'll be making a banner later in the week...

ChinoRios4Ever
01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
:haha: :haha: OMFG

fran70
01-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Oh Dlouhy will be mobbed by me! I'll be making a banner later in the week...

;)

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Vamos Lukas

MissPovaFan
01-30-2007, 02:45 AM
;)

hehe look out for it at the tourny :p

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 05:59 AM
hehe look out for it at the tourny :p

Take a photo.

Bilbo
01-30-2007, 06:10 AM
this dlouhy is good

CooCooCachoo
01-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Dlouhy as usual deceiving his game until Phau served 5/3 30-15 in the third set.

No. Lukas spends the entire day on the practice courts; Nalbandían doesn't. Lukas is a worker; Nalbandían is the one with loads of talent.

CooCooCachoo
01-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Oh, and Björn :smash:

MissPovaFan
01-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Take a photo.

I definitely will :) I'm going to ask in Nathii's thread for some suggestions what to write :)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2007, 06:46 AM
No. Lukas spends the entire day on the practice courts; Nalbandían doesn't. Lukas is a worker; Nalbandían is the one with loads of talent.

:lol: When I saw this thread title that was exactly my response too - you beat me too it Martijn!

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Both are a bit soft in the middle.

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 02:34 PM

The title isn't exactly serious, mate. ;)

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Lukas :inlove:

GlennMirnyi
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Above all, Lukas will rise high and play in 2008's TMC! :yeah:

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Love the dancing dude Adam and Dlouhy was doing that after he beat Gabashvili.

He and Thunder Lips put on an exho of slice backhands that had the crowd oohing and aahing.

scarecrows
01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Love the dancing dude Adam and Dlouhy was doing that after he beat Gabashvili.

He and Thunder Lips put on an exho of slice backhands that had the crowd oohing and aahing.

what was DLouhy final reaction after he converted his 10th MP?

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
what was DLouhy final reaction after he converted his 10th MP?

Hit a ball out of court and relief, then he went and hugged Gabashvili at the net.

scarecrows
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
and poor Gaba, what did he do?

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Shook hands and signed a few autographs and spoke to some people in Russian and Spanish.

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Did you not take any pictures of Lukas? :awww:

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
My camera was crap and it would not have done justice to take poor pics of Lukas.

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 03:02 PM
:sad:

Did he have people bowing down to him at the end?

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Only two.

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Were you one of them? :p

And how many people were there left at the stadium, it finished at like 3.30am, no?

Action Jackson
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM
No, that one only finished at 10,30pm. It was the Seppi match that finished at 3.30am

adee-gee
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Ooh my bad....I think the match felt like longer than it was for me :o

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 04:07 AM
Dlouhy the man will play for his country in the DC against the Americans. I predict a 16-14 fifth set again!

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Ooh my bad....I think the match felt like longer than it was for me :o

It was a long one man and Dlouhy will win the 5th rubber for the Czechs.

Merton
01-31-2007, 04:25 AM
If it comes down to a fifth set in the deciding rubber Dlouhy will win much less dramatically than 16-14 :lol:

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 04:27 AM
It will be 6-1 to Lukas.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-31-2007, 04:38 AM
Dlouhy could be the key in DC tie vs US...

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 04:42 AM

He will. Prepare yourself for the bandwagon player of february, Lukas "Dropshot" Dlouhy.

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 04:43 AM

Yes, I think he is the key player and when they win. The streets of Ostrava will be chanting Dlouhy's name.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-31-2007, 04:45 AM
if Dlouhy plays a 5th set in the final dead rubber vs Blake will win :yeah:

i predict 3-2 for the czech team (dlouhy will be the hero)... i want USA to win... but it's hard to see the americans win on clay

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 04:47 AM
The fact that Blake will play Berdych on Friday could matter...

maybe it won't get to a 5th (live) rubber. :)

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 04:48 AM
The fact that Blake will play Berdych on Friday could matter...

maybe it won't get to a 5th (live) rubber. :)

Blake won't defeat him on clay in the Czech Republic.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 04:48 AM
Blake won't defeat him on clay.Stranger things have happened ;) And anyway even Blake has had better clay wins than Dlouhy ;)

Jimnik
01-31-2007, 04:49 AM
I can see Dlouhy winning the final dead rubber against Blake. ;)

ChinoRios4Ever
01-31-2007, 04:53 AM
the only problem is that Lukas will play 3 matches... the 2 singles and the doubles... he has the potential to play 3 dead (live) rubbers against 2 top 10s and the best double team of the world????

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 04:53 AM
Stranger things have happened ;) And anyway even Blake has had better clay wins than Dlouhy ;)

He couldn't beat Gonzo on grass at home with 2 sets to love and a break. Berdych won't lose his 2 singles matches and the Bryans are far from specials to win their doubles.

ChinoRios4Ever
01-31-2007, 04:58 AM
He couldn't beat Gonzo on grass at home with 2 sets to love and a break.

the James Blake's 5th set curse strikes again :p
but gonzo plays well on grass, he reached the QF at Wimbledon 05

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:01 AM
the James Blake's 5th set curse strikes again :p
but gonzo plays well on grass, he reached the QF at Wimbledon 05

Even then Blake should be winning these matches at home. I just hope the Yanks go in arrogant and come out with the L.

Voo de Mar
01-31-2007, 05:02 AM
Berdych won't lose his 2 singles matches and the Bryans are far from specials to win their doubles.

If tennis is ridiculous Blake will win against Berdych in five :lol:

Jimnik
01-31-2007, 05:03 AM
He couldn't beat Gonzo on grass at home with 2 sets to love and a break. Berdych won't lose his 2 singles matches and the Bryans are far from specials to win their doubles.
Gonzalez is a better grass player than Blake.

You can't really think that the Bryans have a greater chance of losing than Berdych.

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:07 AM
Gonzalez is a better grass player than Blake.

You can't really think that the Bryans have a greater chance of losing than Berdych.

Gonzo isn't that good on grass, then again neither is Blake. Dlouhy/Vizner can actually play doubles and are at their best on clay and the Bryans have lost matches before.

Actually what I said was that they aren't specials to win the doubles, they aren't playing moronic idiots who have no clue about doubles and no clue to play on clay.

Jimnik
01-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Gonzo isn't that good on grass, then again neither is Blake. Dlouhy/Vizner can actually play doubles and are at their best on clay and the Bryans have lost matches before.

Actually what I said was that they aren't specials to win the doubles, they aren't playing moronic idiots who have no clue about doubles and no clue to play on clay.
Bryans have lost only one DC rubber - against the big serving Croats. I don't see a similar threat from the Czechs.

Berdych isn't exactly invincible on clay and Roddick has a 100% record in 4th rubbers when USA are leading 2-1.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 05:19 AM
Bryans have lost only one DC rubber - against the big serving Croats. I don't see a similar threat from the Czechs.exactly. It's not like they have won Roland Garros or made multiple finals, etc. The Bryans are excellent on clay and it's hard to see them losing.Berdych isn't exactly invincible on clay and Roddick has a 100% record in 4th rubbers when USA are leading 2-1.He'll lose to Berdych on Sunday if it's live, that's a given. GWH is just being himself and that's cool, but I'm not gonna keep debating something that's so up in the air and pretend that the outcome is a foregone conclusion :) Blake has had decent wins on clay, in best of 5 matches, no less.

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Bryans have lost only one DC rubber - against the big serving Croats. I don't see a similar threat from the Czechs.

Berdych isn't exactly invincible on clay and Roddick has a 100% record in 4th rubbers when USA are leading 2-1.

He only defeated Haas and Kiefer in 5 sets at home to keep them in the tie against the Germans, better players than any of the Yanks on the surface.

Roddick isn't beating Berdych on a claycourt. He doesn't win big matches on clay away from home, look at his recent record. He has gone backwards on the surface and doesn't look good if he couldn't beat Tursunov on clay does it.

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 05:21 AM
the only problem is that Lukas will play 3 matches... the 2 singles and the doubles... he has the potential to play 3 dead (live) rubbers against 2 top 10s and the best double team of the world????

Dlouhy is the man that can defeat a guy 16-14 in the fifth set.

Roddick can't beat Tursunov on clay. The guy lost to Cuadrado and Frederico Gil. Don't come with that. It's not about Berdych being Borg on clay, it's about Roddick and Blake having no clue about it.

Jimnik
01-31-2007, 05:27 AM
He only defeated Haas and Kiefer in 5 sets at home to keep them in the tie against the Germans, better players than any of the Yanks on the surface.

Roddick isn't beating Berdych on a claycourt. He doesn't win big matches on clay away from home, look at his recent record. He has gone backwards on the surface and doesn't look good if he couldn't beat Tursunov on clay does it.
I know :o but I think Roddick's performance against Tursunov was a bad day - he migt have lost on any other surface too. I'm just kind of hoping that Berdych will feel the pressure when his team are 2-1 down (the way Roddick did in Moscow).

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 05:29 AM
I know :o but I think Roddick's performance against Tursunov was a bad day - he migt have lost on any other surface too. I'm just kind of hoping that Berdych will feel the pressure when his team are 2-1 down (the way Roddick did in Moscow).

Then Roddick has a problem with gettin' good days on clay. Never seems to happen.

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:30 AM

This thread is about Lukas and I am going to answer this question in the who will win DC thread fully.

Jimnik
01-31-2007, 05:31 AM
Then Roddick has a problem with gettin' good days on clay. Never seems to happen.
He beat Oly Rochus on clay in Belgium, and he's a much better clay player than Tursunov.

edit: and we're getting off topic here.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 05:32 AM
He beat Oly Rochus on clay in Belgium, and he's a much better clay player than Tursunov.

edit: and we're getting off topic here.I'll bring us back - Blake beat Almagro on clay at Roland Garros, and he's far and away a better clay courter than Dlouhy ;)

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 05:32 AM

edit: and we're getting off topic here.

Oli Rochus isn't exactly a claycourter, I'm afraid.
Yeah we are, here's only for Dlouhy-talk. :p

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 05:34 AM
I'll bring us back - Blake beat Almagro on clay at Roland Garros, and he's far and away a better clay courter than Dlouhy ;)

Deb, dear, you know it's not about who beats whom here... Blake can't win a 5 sets match and yes Dlouhy is a mental master. ;)

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Deb, dear, you know it's not about who beats whom here... Blake can't win a 5 sets match and yes Dlouhy is a mental master. ;)Huh? :lol: All you and GWH have been talking about is who players have and haven't beaten, then when someone brings something up that punches a hole through what you're saying you say it doesn't matter? That's classic :lol:

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Huh? :lol: All you and GWH have been talking about is who players have and haven't beaten, then when someone brings something up that punches a hole through what you're saying you say it doesn't matter? That's classic :lol:

So Blake defeated Almagro, it proves what exactly? Has he done the business in the DC environment, that is what counts. Roddick hasn't done it for ages on clay when he has needed to and neither has Blake.

Deboogle!.
01-31-2007, 05:51 AM
So Blake defeated Almagro, it proves what exactly? Has he done the business in the DC environment, that is what counts. Roddick hasn't done it for ages on clay when he has needed to and neither has Blake.That's not the point. The point is Gustavo brought up individual match results when it suited him, and has continued to do it in the DC thread, and then poo-pooed a match result when it didn't. Classic :haha: :haha:

DrJules
01-31-2007, 06:52 AM

In the end what you deliver on court is what counts. You may work harder or may have more talent, but results are what count.

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 06:54 AM
In the end what you deliver on court is what counts. You may work harder or may have more talent, but results are what count.

Agreed.

jayjay
01-31-2007, 07:54 AM

Correct, and Nalbandian's results are just slightly better than Dlouhy's. :lol:

scarecrows
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Correct, and Nalbandian's results are just slightly better than Dlouhy's. :lol:

Dlouhy has not reached yet his full potential

jayjay
01-31-2007, 09:16 AM

:lol:

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
:lol:

Dlouhy is the true nmber 3 behind Oscar and Ugo Behrend.

GlennMirnyi
01-31-2007, 02:15 PM

Dlouhy is a late bloomer.

Action Jackson
02-01-2007, 04:49 AM
The legend of Dlouhy will be cemented next week in Ostrava.

MissPovaFan
02-01-2007, 05:16 AM
The legend of Dlouhy will be cemented next week in Ostrava.

I just pray he makes it un-injured until the middle of February. I've already started designing a snazzy banner - two main aims - getting Lukas to notice :) and getting it on Getty :p

scarecrows
02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
good job by Dlouhy

tanked against Clement so he can prepare better on clay for the Davis Cup

Action Jackson
02-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Lukas prioritised and he will be ready to go come Friday.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-02-2007, 03:23 AM
good job by Dlouhy

tanked against Clement so he can prepare better on clay for the Davis Cup

go lukas :rocker2:

Action Jackson
02-07-2007, 05:32 AM
He has been training hard and the women of Ostrava, will have to wait before they can have some more of the man-beast.

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Dlouhy isn't playing on the 1st day which makes sense, so they can rest him for when he beats James "I don't win big matches" Blake in the 5th rubber.

RickDaStick
02-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Nalbandian is the Argentine Kobayashi.

Voo de Mar
02-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Ivo Minar is nominated to play singles but I'm sure that he will lose 0-3 to Roddick and if this tie will go to the decider rubber Dlouhy will replace Minar against Blake.

scarecrows
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM
another title for Lukas :yeah:

scarecrows
03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Dlouhy makes the doubles final in Acapulco

Dlouhy/Visner d. Kerr/Skoch

he's definitely thinking of a career like Kafelnikov with success in singles as well as doubles :yeah:

vamos Lukas

GlennMirnyi
03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Beware, claycourters! Dlouhy is on his way to the RG title. :rocker:

Action Jackson
05-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Dlouhy was clowning around in the qualies, but when it came to being serious, he did the business and will play Kohlschreiber in R1.

Merton
05-26-2007, 04:21 PM
There is potential for a 5-set match there, if King-Dlouhy happens it should be held at Chatrier, it would be the match of the tournament.

GlennMirnyi
05-26-2007, 05:47 PM
There is potential for a 5-set match there, if King-Dlouhy happens it should be held at Chatrier, it would be the match of the tournament.

An early final.

Action Jackson
06-01-2007, 04:03 AM
Lukas did the right thing and make Kolhli fodder for the King.

scarecrows
06-07-2007, 12:00 PM

the guy speaks the truth, 1 more match to go

Action Jackson
06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Yes, Lukas is going to get a title and he was the first one to bang Vaidisova.

GlennMirnyi
06-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Lukas, what a legend.

W!MBLEDON
06-08-2007, 02:10 AM

:scared:

GlennMirnyi
06-08-2007, 02:12 AM
:scared:

You know he's playing the doubles final saturday, right? :p

W!MBLEDON
06-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Hence the :scared:. ;)

GlennMirnyi
06-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Hence the :scared:. ;)

:lol: Next time I'm gonna put some money where my mouth is. :p

scarecrows
06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
too bad

but he'll come back next year for the singles and doubles title

maybe mixed doubles with Vaidisova too

scarecrows
07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
:hatoff:

QF in Wimby doubles

GlennMirnyi
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Expected stuff from the legend.

Tzar
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM

you really want that arse clown award! :D

I admire your determination :worship:

GlennMirnyi
07-06-2007, 06:16 PM
you really want that arse clown award! :D

I admire your determination :worship:

Since when praising a Dlouhy win is AC material?

Action Jackson
09-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Dlouhy has made a Slam final twice, something Nalbandian should have done already.

Nathaliia
11-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Dlouhy played this year Masters Cup, Nalbandian didn't.

I've heard Lukas wants to focus now on singles career, good choice, time to play TMC also in singles.

Action Jackson
11-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Yes, Lukas is going to get serious next season and have another 15-13 1st round match at the AO.

scarecrows
11-20-2007, 07:35 AM
TMC will be named 'Dlouhy Cup' 10 years from now

Action Jackson
11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
"Dlouhy" is a Czech word for studmuffin.

Nathaliia
11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Dlouhy actually means "long" :p

Action Jackson
12-29-2008, 06:27 AM
Lukas Long will be showing his stuff in Chennai and prove he is hotter than a beef vindaloo.