question..... espn [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

question..... espn

sondraj06
01-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Does espn televise any tennis other than the slams. and if not does any sports channel in america televise tennis outside of the slams. thanx

SwissMister1
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
ESPN shows the Masters events that are held in America and the Masters Cup, I believe that is all right now, although they used to show more... Tennis Channel is expanding a lot of their coverage. USA and CBS show the US Open, and some of the summer events. The Vs. network shows Davis Cup ties. And occasionally, your local Sports Net channel will show some matches, at least mine does. Confusing, I guess...

sondraj06
01-29-2007, 11:51 PM
yeah it sucks, i have directv and they don't carry the tennis channel.

Clara Bow
01-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised that TTC is showing several matches this week. :)

2/3 ATP Vina del Mar SF #1 2PM EST
2/3 ATP Vina del Mar SF #2 8PM EST
2/3 WTA Tokyo Final 11PM EST
2/4 ATP Vina del Mar Final 8PM EST
2/4 ATP Delray Beach Final 12PM/2:30PM EST

SwissMister1
01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I like that they show a little of the S. American tournaments, saw those last year

sondraj06
01-29-2007, 11:56 PM
what exactly does the ttc show,because people seems shocked when they show tennis.

Yappa
01-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I'd be happy if someone could record and upload the Delray Beach final in case either Haas or Blake (or both of course) make the final and win it.

Clara Bow
01-30-2007, 12:04 AM
what exactly does the ttc show,because people seems shocked when they show tennis.

They do show tennis- and have shown progressively more with each year. I am just a bit surprised that they are showing some tournies so soon after the Oz Open.

They show the Masters, Davis and Fed Cup and some other ATP/WTA tournaments. And of course this year they will show show the French Open.

They also have interview and behind the scenes shows that they repeat over and over. But- I do enjoy a number of those shows the first time I see them. ;) They also have some tennis tips shows and some “classic” matches. I do wish they would show some older classics. It would be so interesting to see some Borg for example.

All in all, while TTC has its faults I am very glad I have it. I like that we are getting more and more tournaments, and I must admit I get rather spoiled during the Masters tournaments. :)

Yappa
01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Aren't there any Classic matches on ESPN Classic USA? On the European version of ESPN Classic we had several showings of the Aussie Open '91 matches Graf-Novotna, Seles-Novotna and Becker-Lendl these days.

Looks like german Tennis fans will have to rely on streams again if they want to watch the Masters Series tourneys this year. I guess Germany is like the only of the bigger European countries with that sad situation.

sondraj06
01-30-2007, 12:14 AM
No espn america, is pretty much basketball, and more basketball. but whatever. I just got directv back after being without cable for almost 4 years, so. But they have a golf channel and no tennis channel I was so pissed. but I'm just curious how much tennis espn will show.

Fedex
01-30-2007, 01:58 AM
ESPN only shows the slams(although they no longer have the rights to show Roland Garros) and the North American TMS. They used to show the European clay TMS's, but they stopped showing them a few years ago. I do have to say that I appreciate the coverage of the US Open with CBS and USA Network.

Fedex
01-30-2007, 01:59 AM
No espn america, is pretty much basketball, and more basketball. but whatever. I just got directv back after being without cable for almost 4 years, so. But they have a golf channel and no tennis channel I was so pissed. but I'm just curious how much tennis espn will show.
Dont forget about baseball coverage during the summer and Monday Night Football during the winter. ;)

soothsayer
01-30-2007, 02:07 AM
I know that in Canada TSN shows most of the masters events (including the European clay events) and they get the feed with commentary usually from ESPN, but sometimes it's ESPN vivo(?). The commentary is English but not the usual Pmac, and company.

Lee
01-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Aren't there any Classic matches on ESPN Classic USA? On the European version of ESPN Classic we had several showings of the Aussie Open '91 matches Graf-Novotna, Seles-Novotna and Becker-Lendl these days.

Looks like german Tennis fans will have to rely on streams again if they want to watch the Masters Series tourneys this year. I guess Germany is like the only of the bigger European countries with that sad situation.

Usually ESPN Classics showed some classic matches, usually before Slams.

I know that in Canada TSN shows most of the masters events (including the European clay events) and they get the feed with commentary usually from ESPN, but sometimes it's ESPN vivo(?). The commentary is English but not the usual Pmac, and company.

Since ESPN no longer shows master events outside of USA, TSN gets the feed from other sources, thus, not PMac and company.

JimmyV
01-30-2007, 04:16 AM
They also show most of the us open series during the summer.