is this a good racket? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

is this a good racket?

ThirztyTurtle
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
im basically a beginner but im not bad, my serving needs work, and ive been using my dads old racket. it is like 20 years old and it is called wilson defender i think. for my birthday im getting the wilson ncode n6. is this a good racket? it looks to be pretty good and cool

Dougie
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Rackets have developed A LOT during the last 20 years, so you should definitely get a newer racket. But it´s impossible for anyone else to say what racket fits you and what doesn´t. You should try different rackets, try to figure out what kind of racket suits your playing style. I don´t know the Wilson ncode n6, but I would advice not to buy anything without trying first.

HKz
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Wilson NCode is fit for a more advanced player. Not saying that you can't master it, but the transition is really hard when you're a beginner. I have a bunch of 90-100 inch medium heavy head rackets from past generations to current ones (in my opinion these types haven't changed much) and when I first started playing tennis, using those rackets was incredibly hard because of the weight (rackets aren't heavy but when I was a beginner it was just giving me such a slow swing) and it was hard to hit the ball correctly (smaller head - I wasn't developed enough to accurately and consistently hit same area). But after buying a beginner's light racket (Wilson Hyperhammer Oversized ? - I think) and mastering that AND THEN making a transition to the smaller heavy mid sized rackets was so much better.