racket grip [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

racket grip

tachu
01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
you know the thing where you hold the racket... well ive been using the same racket for a while and now is it's kinda small and my both hands won't fit on backhand... can i change that to make it bigger or do i have to buy a new racket?

tennisplayer89
02-01-2007, 02:56 AM
All you need to do is buy some overgrips and put those over your current grip. They are fairly easy to put on. Just wrap them around like a normal grip and tape them at the top. You might only need one, but you can wrap as many as you need.

sodman12
02-05-2007, 04:06 AM
I don't understand? The handle is getting smaller or just the part that has good grip on it.

Warneck
02-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Since you mention that both of your hands doesn't fit the handle I assume that you're talking about length. What's your age? Anyway, you can buy new racquets with longer handles.

If you actually mean the grip SIZE (thickness), then you can add some size by using a replacementgrip and/or multiply/thicker overgrips. Altho an overgrip usually adds only 1/16 of an inch to the grip, so a using a replacement or buying a new racquet with increased grip size would be preferrable.