Rising Star S. Jenkins Defeats A. Bogdanovic 6-3 7-6 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rising Star S. Jenkins Defeats A. Bogdanovic 6-3 7-6

Iván
01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
This kid has talent

Delray Beach (ATP) 1ST ROUND

Has anyone seen him play?

Today was the 1st time i saw him play via live feed.

Really impressive.

I know Alex is pretty average but Jenkins was blasting winners all over the court!

One to watch.

Balerion
01-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Jenkins was much more highly touted at the start of last season. 2006 was a complete waste for him and his star has fallen a fair amount due to lack of performance and general inconsistency. He's still fairly young and has time to turn it around. I'll need to see a string of successes before I get excited about him though.

Jaap
01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Boggo is a joke. No heart and no passion.

SHB
01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Jenkins does have some talent, but it hasn't translated into good results over the past year. His ranking has dropped all the way down to 390. Maybe he'll turn it around eventually, but like Balcerion, I'm not getting too excited until he shows consistency. But it's great to see him win a few matches in a row against decent competition.

coreyschucky
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Nice win for Scoville. Hopefully consistency is the name of the game this year for him.

FerrersLinda
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Didn't I see him at the 2005 USO?

2moretogo
01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Didn't I see him at the 2005 USO?

Yes you did. I think was the year that he played Andy Roddick in the first round. Him and Roddick were serving ridiculously. Like 140mph bombs it was so intense there for about a half of a set. Then Scoville's forehand was gonzo and game, set, match.

Like stated previously, he has a lot of talent- very aggressive shotmaker. But he has all sorts of consistency issues. It is either hit or miss. However, if he can find the court with his forehand regularly he should be able raise his rankings - then its all about playing the big matches well(think Gonzo- he'll miss by like 10 feet.).

IDJ49
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes you did. I think was the year that he played Andy Roddick in the first round. Him and Roddick were serving ridiculously. Like 140mph bombs it was so intense there for about a half of a set. Then Scoville's forehand was gonzo and game, set, match.

Like stated previously, he has a lot of talent- very aggressive shotmaker. But he has all sorts of consistency issues. It is either hit or miss. However, if he can find the court with his forehand regularly he should be able raise his rankings - then its all about playing the big matches well(think Gonzo- he'll miss by like 10 feet.).

Actually he played Roddick at the 2004 USO first round and it was a pretty one sided match if I remember correctly. In 2005 he played Nadal in the 2nd round which was a bit more competitive.

ASP0315
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Good to see scoville back.:devil:

Actually he played Roddick at the 2004 USO first round and it was a pretty one sided match if I remember correctly. In 2005 he played Nadal in the 2nd round which was a bit more competitive.

He also defeated Nieminen at pilot pen.

LK_22
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
I think Querrey has more potential having seen both of them play. Bogdanovic can play well on his day but usually in bigger matches is nowhere to be found

Although at the moment Jenkins star is brighter than Young's :p

jazar
01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
I know Alex is pretty average

damn right he is. its no suprise he lost,

i saw scoville play junior wimbledon the other year. i think it was against monfils and i think it was a pretty close match. i seeem to remember him having a pretty good serve and groundstrokes, but nothing at that point to really distinguish him as a huge prospect for the furture

DavidW
01-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I actually thought Bogdanovic would get a win....shame on me.

Congrats to Jenkins though.

yakuzaninja
01-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Bogdanovic- talent... plenty, brains.....few.

danton
01-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I hope you haven't more evidence of his ability than him defeating Boggo or you might just be disappointed.

Boggo was once the rising star of British Tennis - look how that turned out.

Shrinking Violet
01-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Bogdanovic- talent... plenty, brains.....few.

He's a guy who seems to be scared to actually make anything of himself. He's happy running around at challengers but the minute he starts knocking on the door at ATP level he bottles out it. He seems happy at the level he's playing at which is kinda depressing because I thought he would be a decent top 100 player when he first emerged at about 17/18.

Good win for Jenkins though - I saw him play at the USO and he looks like he has a lot of good stuff about his game, he just doesn't seem to know how to put it together consistantly. I haven't seen a whole lot of him though.

Fee
01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I believe that Scoey had wrist surgery at some point in 2006. Don't know why it was kept quiet, but the news seems to be seeping out now. Let me see if I can find an article somewhere.

tennisbuddy12
01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
i saw him play at the williams sister tour in ATL in 2004 and he won his match 6-3 and he played really good. I said hey and good job and he was with murphey jensen and seemed very relaxed....got the autograph too :)