***W-L in finals for "New Balls"*** [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

***W-L in finals for "New Balls"***

Darkheart
03-22-2004, 11:42 PM
moved to here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=927771#post927771

tennischick
03-22-2004, 11:51 PM
the "n's" are so different that it almost seems too early to compare, doncha think?

Chloe le Bopper
03-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Ferrero blows in finals. He should quit while he's at 50% ;)

Billabong
03-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks Darkheart:)!

Darkheart
03-23-2004, 12:10 AM
the "n's" are so different that it almost seems too early to compare, doncha think?
I know. But this is more to compare them to each other than to the "Old Balls".

Kiara
03-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Coria's record is pretty darn good for someone who hasnt even been in a slam final.

denim
03-23-2004, 12:19 AM
hes a good outside bet for french open, worth a couple of pounds.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Coria's record is pretty darn good for someone who hasnt even been in a slam final.
Coria's record wasn't always good. He won his first final in Vina Del Mar, and then he lost 4 in a row... all to Guga and Moya, I think ;) Since then he's won 6 in a row, which boosted up his average :p

Kiara
03-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Coria's record wasn't always good. He won his first final in Vina Del Mar, and then he lost 4 in a row... all to Guga and Moya, I think ;) Since then he's won 6 in a row, which boosted up his average :p

Yep you're, right Vina Del Mar was his first aaaaaggggeees ago lost 4 consecutive finals and then Hamburg set the ball rolling, he's won every final he's ever been in since then

You left out your darling, Ferrero, in Monte Carlo ;)
and he also lost to Beto Martin in a final no? but I dont remember where or when

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 12:48 AM
very interesting, thanks for the research!

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Yep you're, right Vina Del Mar was his first aaaaaggggeees ago lost 4 consecutive finals and then Hamburg set the ball rolling, he's won every final he's ever been in since then

You left out your darling, Ferrero, in Monte Carlo ;)
and he also lost to Beto Martin in a final no? but I dont remember where or when
I think he lost to Guga in 2 finals (Brazil and... ) and Moya in Buenos Aires.. and yes, Ferrero in the 4th.

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:00 AM
I think he lost to Guga in 2 finals (Brazil and... ) and Moya in Buenos Aires.. and yes, Ferrero in the 4th.

no he's only ever been in one final with Guga, in Brazil, the other WAS against Beto Martin in Mallorca in 2001...I just checked cos that was driving me crazy.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks. To be honest, I never knew that Martin won Mallorca. You learn something new everyday :p

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 01:13 AM
You know, it's just a shame that my "Coria is going places" thread (that wasn't the exact title, but itwas the idea) over on wtaworld DIED, since they deleted the ATP forum (after telling us they would keep it for an archive. Ha.). I think I made it after Miami last year, and was like "look... he's losing in close matches to Hewitt, to Andre, to Moya... sooner or later, he's going to start beating these guys, and shit will happen!" It happened faster than I expected, but I'm still proud of being Captain Obvious ;)

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks. To be honest, I never knew that Martin won Mallorca. You learn something new everyday :p

He also hasn't won one since :p

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Kiara, I miss your baby Guille avatar. :(

WyveN
03-23-2004, 01:20 AM
If I am not mistaken, Federer has now won 7 finals in a row. Certainly boosted his average up as he was beginning to look like a choker.

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:24 AM
I think only 5 in a row - but that's according to ESPN, and they sometimes get that stuff wrong.

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:27 AM
You know, it's just a shame that my "Coria is going places" thread (that wasn't the exact title, but itwas the idea) over on wtaworld DIED, since they deleted the ATP forum (after telling us they would keep it for an archive. Ha.). I think I made it after Miami last year, and was like "look... he's losing in close matches to Hewitt, to Andre, to Moya... sooner or later, he's going to start beating these guys, and shit will happen!" It happened faster than I expected, but I'm still proud of being Captain Obvious ;)

yeah, and after Monte Carlo it was only a matter of time till he struck gold, he had a shot at winning Monte Carlo it but he was totally overwhelmed by the circumstances, I remember seeing his hands shaking, he was that nervous. :(

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I just checked on atptennis.com and, you're right, Roger's actually won his last 7 finals. All since losing that TMS Roma final to Mantilla. Whoa.

Hewitt once had stats like that. Not anymore. :devil:

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Kiara, I miss your baby Guille avatar. :(

you do ? aw, maybe it'll make a brief appearance again just for you Leo :)

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Awww, you're too sweet. :kiss:

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
P.S. I do hope you keep that signature. ;)

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:32 AM
yeah, and after Monte Carlo it was only a matter of time till he struck gold, he had a shot at winning Monte Carlo it but he was totally overwhelmed by the circumstances, I remember seeing his hands shaking, he was that nervous. :(

You're right, he played so horribly in that final and was making unforced errors all over the place. All because of nerves. Ferrero didn't play anything close to his bet tennis; he didn't have to. I think that'll be different the next time they play on clay and it should be much closer - but I'd still give Ferrero the edge.

Billabong
03-23-2004, 01:33 AM
I just checked on atptennis.com and, you're right, Roger's actually won his last 7 finals. All since losing that TMS Roma final to Mantilla. Whoa.

Hewitt once had stats like that. Not anymore. :devil:

:eek:! Is there a record for a number of consecutive wins in finals??

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:44 AM
You're right, he played so horribly in that final and was making unforced errors all over the place. All because of nerves. Ferrero didn't play anything close to his bet tennis; he didn't have to. I think that'll be different the next time they play on clay and it should be much closer - but I'd still give Ferrero the edge.

ooh yeah that one match up Im waiting for, I really dont know who I'd fancy in that, they both have the wheels, and the dropshots , Ferrero has the edge with his forehand and his serve is better than Coria's but Coria's backhand is excellent and he has his capability to influence line calls and get away with it easily, so thats an asset :p

Kiara
03-23-2004, 01:45 AM
P.S. I do hope you keep that signature. ;)

I shall :D

CmonAussie
03-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Federer actually has 5-in-a-row; remember he lost Gstaad to Novak just after Wimbledon win last year so his streak of Final wins is: Vienna, TMC, AO, Dubai, IW...
* Hewitt managed to win 10-in-a-row: Sydney, Queens, s-Hertgenbushu?(Netherlands), USO, Tokyo, TMC, San Jose, IW, Queens, Wimbledon!

Of the New Balls Roddick actuall has the best current run in Finals: St Poelten, Queens, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincinatti, USO, San Jose..

Don't know what the record is but I'm having a guess that Lendl may have done it in the mid-80's???

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 01:52 AM
:eek:! Is there a record for a number of consecutive wins in finals??

After losing in Vienna 93 to Ivanisevic.Thomas Muster won 11 finals in a row and then he lost to Costa 95 Kitzbhuel. It's ironic that both of those losses were in Austria.

Billabong
03-23-2004, 01:54 AM
After losing in Vienna 93 to Ivanisevic.Thomas Muster won 11 finals in a row and then he lost to Costa 95 Kitzbhuel. It's ironic that both of those losses were in Austria.

Thanks for the info George:)! Unfortunately, I never saw Muster :sad:!

Leo
03-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Neither did I.

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 01:56 AM

Well you missed out, then again he wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

melbournechick
03-23-2004, 01:58 AM

If you didnt see muster, you certainlly would have heard him, he made a very loud grunt when he struck the ball, great player though !!!

J. Corwin
03-23-2004, 01:59 AM
very interesting, thanks!

¿esquímaux?
03-23-2004, 02:54 AM
New balls :drool:

tangerine_dream
03-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for posting that info, Darkheart.

But that typeface, whatever it was, killed my eyeballs. :retard:

Deboogle!.
04-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Darkheart, you should update this after Miami (and IW, if that's not included?)

And Roddick's now 8 for 8 in finals since last May.

star
04-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Federer actually has 5-in-a-row; remember he lost Gstaad to Novak just after Wimbledon win last year so his streak of Final wins is: Vienna, TMC, AO, Dubai, IW...
* Hewitt managed to win 10-in-a-row: Sydney, Queens, s-Hertgenbushu?(Netherlands), USO, Tokyo, TMC, San Jose, IW, Queens, Wimbledon!

Of the New Balls Roddick actuall has the best current run in Finals: St Poelten, Queens, Indianapolis, Montreal, Cincinatti, USO, San Jose..

Don't know what the record is but I'm having a guess that Lendl may have done it in the mid-80's???

How can that be five in a row for Federer when he lost at Rotterdam in between the Australian Open and Dubai?

Shadow
04-07-2004, 07:15 PM
damm, Marat blowed so many finals :mad:

star
04-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh, I see. You all are only counting the finals that someone reaches.

So Federer's "winning streak" would remain even though he lost at Rotterdam and Miami before reaching the finals.

My bad.

Deboogle!.
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
aww star :hug:

Yep this thread is only about finals and finals won. The players can lose earlier in between (like obviously Andy has lost in between all his 8 final wins) but Andy and Roger for example have both won the last many many finals that they've been in

J. Corwin
04-07-2004, 08:35 PM
s'all good star, I read things wrong several times :)

Darkheart
09-14-2004, 02:58 AM
bump :angel:

naiwen
09-14-2004, 04:15 AM
Is Federer's 11-final winning streak the longest lately? When's last longest final winning streak?

Billabong
09-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the stats:yeah:!

Roger-No.1
10-28-2004, 09:43 PM
And it's 12 now! I'm a happy kid. Already one of the greatest players ever!