My tennis racket idea/invention [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My tennis racket idea/invention

pingpongpimp
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm a junior in high school and take a class called EDD (engineer design and development) and I have to create an invention. The invention is a tennis racket handle with a removable ice pack built into it. Our idea would solve the problem of sweaty hands. We were also thinking of including a heat pack attatchment for those colder days. Any feed back or ideas are appreciated. Even if you think this idea is good or bad is appreciated. Thanks,

Alex Phillips

sodman12
01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
I think the heat idea is good. The ice not so much. The ice will melt and turn to water. Even if it is sealed well the water will still move a lot making the balance of the raquet off.

I would just go with the heat idea. I dislike the cold handle when you are first warming up.

tennisplayer89
02-01-2007, 02:51 AM
First, check to make sure someone else has not already invented something similar. A racket handle with anything added to it will throw off the proper balance of the racket, which will detrimentally affect performance. I think that maybe you should alter your idea to something more along the lines of a grip. Perhaps, create a grip that stays cool more easily or hot. A grip with ridges to increase the surface area could help keep the grip cooler. As far as keeping a grip warm in the winter, my grip stays fairly warm just from the heat of my hand. Its my left hand that goes numb from the cold.

pingpongpimp
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
we are going to use a copper pipe, because of its thermo conductivity, to put our icee solution in. We also found a fish thermometer so you can always know when to change the icee pack.

HKz
03-05-2007, 02:40 AM
The ice thing wouldn't work because no matter what, condensation is going to create water making your hands even wetter. The hot pack or whatever thing would seem cool and beneficial.

What I would be really impressed by, is if someone comes up with a no frame racket so you can basically slice the ball for insane spin. :eek: