Main Draw! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Main Draw!

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
It's out

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2004/403/MDS.pdf

Would take forever and a day to copy and type here so I'll wait to bother until the tourney site puts up the text version (unless someone wants to take the time to do it first lol)

Springy
03-22-2004, 08:20 PM
please someone told me Feliciano draw!"

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:21 PM
I'll probably have a go, I did it for IW... isn't the Miami site the most useless, ugliest tennis website on the planet? As you might expect given the sponsor, it looks exactly like a financial business site. And boy, they take their time putting up the draw.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 08:23 PM
last night they actually had the qualie draw before the ATP had the PDF up, but today it's the reverse.

Feel free to go for it lol, I'm just too lazy and have class in a few minutes.

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Lopez against the winner of Arazi-Ascione, with Grosjean awaiting in the seeded round. Main seed in that section is Schuettler.

Springy
03-22-2004, 08:25 PM
is Feli in the draw??

Springy
03-22-2004, 08:26 PM
thank y!

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:33 PM
1 Federer

Davydenko
Johansson, T.
Escude
Ivanisevic

Nadal
Gonzalez

Bogomolov Jr.
Kucera
Martin, A.
Q

Novak
Massu

Q
Pavel
Soderling
Ferrer

Hewitt
Nieminen

Q
Martin, T.
Melzer
Karlovic

7 Henman

3 Coria

Sluiter
Ferreira
Baker
Saulnier

Chela
Clement

Sanguinetti
Ljubicic
Q
Q

Fish
Grosjean

Enqvist
Lapentti
Arazi
Ascione

Lopez
Gaudio

Ramirez Hidalgo
Ginepri
Kiefer
Andreev

6 Schuettler

8 Nalbandian

Sargsian
Stepanek
Blake
Spadea

Safin
Kuerten

Q
Johansson, J.
Q
Q

Srichaphan
Verkerk

Saretta
Reid
Gambill
Burgsmuller

Calleri
Mirnyi

Q
Lee
Carraz
Zabaleta

4 Agassi

5 Moya

Sanchez
Horna
Q
Ulihrach

Hrbaty
Robredo

Q
Rochus, O.
Santoro
Q

Philippoussis
Schalken

Canas
Haas
Labadze
Malisse

Costa
Bjorkman

Dent
Youzhny
Hanescu
Beck

2 Roddick

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks bunk!

Nalbandian the unlucky one potentially drawing Safin his second match.

Hewitt has a fairly easy draw for the first few rounds, so maybe he can get his "footing" back. Could face Henman, but Tim has never posed a problem for Lleyton.

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Eek, I was just reading the thread in the Nalbandian forum about his return in Miami and they were hoping he didn't draw Safin early on... that said, Safin hasn't been doing much since the AO, so it could be a little closer than their previous encounters.

Henman got screwed, he'll surely lose to Hewitt in the round of 16 - if Hewitt can't get through Soderling/Pavel/Massu then he really is in bad form. And would you believe it, the winner of that would most likely play Federer. He just can't avoid 'em, it seems! Very juicy match-up with Nadal on the cards, although there are also good first rounds such as Escude and Ivanisevic, Enqvist and Lapentti, Canas and Haas... there's no way Schalken is going to beat either of them, I just know it.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 08:43 PM
It seems like a pretty good balanced draw. Sure, some quarters are harder than others, but it seems pretty even at first glance.

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes, you're right, there's no one top player who seems to have it ridiculously harder than anyone else... although I would suggest that Agassi again has a pretty nice draw compared to some of his challengers for the title.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
lol I wonder if it's because Andre's draws are all really that easy, or if there are just fewer guys who are capable of beating him even at this point.

Though if David is back and can get through we know he can beat Andre, and there are some other people in that quarter who ought to be able to give him a match. Then again this surface favors him heavily, so it's hard to know.

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 08:52 PM
To be fair it's not as though there are many players out there, even in the Top 10, who can beat Agassi in Miami, but you know all those dangerous unseeded floaters, the Dents, the Gonzalezes, the Escudes, etc? Well, you never see 'em anywhere near Agassi's section. No, I'm not trying to suggest that it's rigged or anything, but it's worthy of note. Possible tricky encounter with Mirnyi, of course, but Kuerten, Srichaphan, Verkerk are in all something of a slump at the moment.

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Andre's immediate section is not so bad, although I agree that Mirnyi is dangerous (especially if he is smart about when to approach the net, lol).

But Andre has Safin and Nalbandian in his quarter, and both of them are very dangerous.

TennisLurker
03-22-2004, 09:03 PM
David has an ugly draw.
I smell a possible Federer upset by Kucera.

Good luck to Gaudio, his draw is not too bad.

Kiara
03-22-2004, 09:12 PM
poor Davydenko, he gets the crappiest draws!!!

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 09:19 PM

LOL, you're right, that's pretty tough!

-wokkel-
03-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Great draw!

Chris Seahorse
03-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks Sjengster for writing down the draw. The PDF file seems to be empty so Im very grateful to you for writing it down. :yeah:

It will be interesting to see if Labadze and Hanescu can continue their good form and against Malisse and Beck respectively. Tough match for Goran. He really needs a break, by that I mean some good luck, or at least no more injuries. If he could just stay healthy to Wimbledon and bow out in a competitive match (maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round :) ) I`d be glad.

RaVeR
03-22-2004, 09:36 PM
good luck Goran!

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
yes, Good luck Goran.

Escude/Ivanisevic and Nadal/Ivanisevic could both be quite entertaining!

Chris Seahorse
03-22-2004, 09:41 PM

The only time Davydenko actually seems to win a match is when I bet against him as I did when he beat Srichaphan and Clement. I suppose if I bet on T Johansson to beat him Davydenko would then be in with an excellent chance. :rolleyes: But I can`t bring myself to do it.

Kiara
03-22-2004, 09:41 PM
yes, Good luck Goran.

Escude/Ivanisevic and Nadal/Ivanisevic could both be quite entertaining!

yeah, as will Nadal/Federer ;)

Chloe le Bopper
03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I saw Nadal's draw and Nalbandians draw, then immediately closed the pdf version in disgust :p

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 10:33 PM
yeah, as will Nadal/Federer ;)

Well yes, now that would be quite interesting! Too bad we'd almost surely not get to see it here :(

azza
03-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Philippoussis Vs Santoro 2nd round ( GO FABRICE )

Sorry mark :o

TheBoiledEgg
03-22-2004, 10:37 PM
they used this weeks ranks for Miami....... but used the previous weeks rank for IW draw.

Hewitt in Henman's section :D :banana:

go Carlos :) make up for shitty IW
wish Misha could have been 1 slot lower...... could have been duck hunting ;) may still do, but 1st he needs to beat the Goon,

Marat ...... looks like Big Butt 1st up or Spudea.

Tompa ...... better bt Lapentti :o
Haas vs Canas.... :eek:
nice draws for rd1
Goran vs Escude :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
03-22-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't think that Nadal-Fed would be all that interesting, and I don't think Nadal is going to get that far anyways. BOOO to the draw ;)

Kiara
03-22-2004, 10:50 PM
:

go Carlos :) make up for shitty IW

he better not lose to Horna or Sanchez :o :o

Kiara
03-22-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't think that Nadal-Fed would be all that interesting, and I don't think Nadal is going to get that far anyways. BOOO to the draw ;)

no? well I just want to see how he matches up against him.

Ma. Estefania
03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Lapentti vs. Enqvist? :o

Ciao Nicolás :wavey: See ya next week here in Guayaquil.

croat123
03-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Goran has yet to get a good draw this year :fiery: c'mon!!! I really want to watch you play on Saturday!!!!! please beat escude!!!

MisterQ
03-23-2004, 12:07 AM
no? well I just want to see how he matches up against him.

I would find Nadal/Federer interesting for that reason, even if the play was poor.

Billabong
03-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Terrible draw for Guga, I wonder how he can go through :confused:!!! It's one of the toughest I've seen in a long time:(!

GOOOOOO GUGA!!! GO FED:D!!!

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 12:31 AM
the ATP has actually mentioned Guga's draw on their main page:
-------

Guga Faces Miami Heat
Gustavo Kuerten has been handed one of the toughest draws of any seed at the NASDAQ-100 Open. A Miami finalist in 2000, Kuerten was drawn to possibly face big-serving Memphis champion Joachim Johansson first up, with a possible meeting against ninth seed Paradorn Srichaphan in the third round. Should he survive those hurdles, Kuerten could then face David Nalbandian or Marat Safin in the fourth round.

MisterQ
03-23-2004, 12:41 AM
wouldn't it be great if Guga could actually get through that? he needs a confidence booster badly.

Buddy
03-23-2004, 12:49 AM
of the top eight seeds...the easiest draw side is gotta be moya...

the rest are filled with tough draws!!!

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 12:49 AM
yea it would be great! Good luck Guga!

I don't know what star's gonna do if her Guga plays her PimPim lol

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
of the top eight seeds...the easiest draw side is gotta be moya...

the rest are filled with tough draws!!!

i would agree with that - seems like Moya's road to the QF is pretty favorable. Andre's as well.

Billabong
03-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the article Bunk:)!
Guga definitely has one of the toughest draws, I'm starting to get used to it lol :rolleyes:! He's 0-2 against Srichaphan, I don't think he every played Nalbandian, Johansson is playing great right now, everything is against Guga:(! Plus he has a pretty bad record against Andre:(!

Anyways I'm with you Guga!!!!!! GOOOOOOO GUGS:D!

Deboogle!.
03-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Srichaphan isn't playing great right now and PimPim did lose in qualifying of IW and also in the Boca challenger last week, I believe so maybe he lost a little of his Memphis form. Nalbandian may not be 100% yet b/c of his ankle injury... so you never know!!! we just hope for the best!!

Billabong
03-23-2004, 01:02 AM
You're right Bunk, I completely forgot about it:)!!! I have more confidence now:)!
GOOOOOOO GUGAAA:D!!!

Experimentee
03-23-2004, 02:46 AM
I love how the ATP tennis site tries to make out Guga has such a tough draw, citing matches like J Johansson and Srichaphan! Have they seen these guys results lately? :lol:

Experimentee
03-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the article Bunk:)!
Guga definitely has one of the toughest draws, I'm starting to get used to it lol :rolleyes:! He's 0-2 against Srichaphan, I don't think he every played Nalbandian, Johansson is playing great right now, everything is against Guga:(! Plus he has a pretty bad record against Andre:(!

Anyways I'm with you Guga!!!!!! GOOOOOOO GUGS:D!

J Johansson is in a bit of a mini slump, he lost to a WC in the 1st rd of IW qualiies, then lost in the 1st rd of a challenger last week. I'm sure Guga could get past him if he plays decently.
Paradorn got those two wins when he was in good form, but now he cant win a match. And Nalbandian is back from injury. When i saw that draw it didnt seem tough to me at all! Thats providing Guga plays like himself.

Experimentee
03-23-2004, 02:52 AM
Good luck:

Federer
Ivanisevic
Nadal
Kucera
Karlovic
Ferreira
Lapentti
Arazi
Gaudio
Blake
Safin
Srichaphan
Mirnyi
Agassi
Hrbaty
Canas
Malisse
Bjorkman

Experimentee
03-23-2004, 02:54 AM
When i try to get the pdf file it says 'tournament info not available' :confused:
How come everyone else seems to be able to see it?

Scotso
03-23-2004, 04:13 AM
good luck:

Thomas Johansson
Rafael Nadal :D
Lleyton Hewitt :D
Jarkko Nieminen
Jurgen Melzer
Guillermo Coria :D
Brian Baker :D
Arnaud Clement
Nicolas Lapentti
Robby Ginepri
Nicolas Kiefer
Igor Andreev
Radek Stepanek
Vince Spadea :D
Joachim Johansson
Todd Reid
Dominik Hrbaty
Tommy Robredo :D
Olivier Rochus
Mikhail Youzhny
Karol Beck :D

Tricky_Forehand
03-23-2004, 04:35 AM
I like Alex's draw (for the most part) :D

Nicolas K's? Not so much :mad:

I must need to go back and look at the draw a bit better though. Granted, I rarely look beyond 2nd rounds but I just can't seem to remember David's draw. I guess I saw Bogie's first two rounds and blanked out ;) .

Pea
03-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Good luck to:

1 Federer
Johansson, T.
Escude
Ivanisevic
Nadal
Gonzalez
Bogomolov Jr.
Kucera
Martin, A.
Massu
Pavel
Soderling
Hewitt
Nieminen
7 Henman
3 Coria
Ferreira
Chela
Ljubicic
Fish
Grosjean
Enqvist
Lapentti
Arazi
Gaudio
Kiefer
6 Schuettler
8 Nalbandian
Blake
Safin
Kuerten
Srichaphan
Saretta
Reid
Calleri
Mirnyi
Lee
Zabaleta
Ulihrach
Hrbaty
Robredo
Rochus, O.
Philippoussis
Canas
Malisse
Costa
Bjorkman
Dent
and Youzhny!!!!!

*Marat BigFan*
03-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Good Luck!!! Marat :wavey:

LCeh
03-23-2004, 05:00 AM
Good luck to Roger and Agassi! Hopefully I will see a rematch!

lizabeth..*
03-23-2004, 05:12 AM
:banana: Go Carlos Go :banana:

And good luck also to Rafa, Marat and Fernando if he qualifies :)

Domino
03-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Possible Fish - Coria Fourth round *grins*- I like the draw for Fish actually, though I have a feeling that he might lose early to Clement, or even if he makes it far, to Coria. If not, we'll see him the semis with Roger, unless Roger decides to go off into Happy-Happy Land.

Billabong
03-23-2004, 01:12 PM
GO GUGAAAAAAAAAAA:banana:!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow
03-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Good Luck
MARAT!
Roger
GORAN!!!
Nico
Rafael
Kucera