Hedge Advise (Tennis) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hedge Advise (Tennis)

bossboss
01-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Here my scenario.. (second time in a row this happens to me)

lets say I had 1 unit on Gonzo to win the australian open at odds 81 ..(back in October last year) (i had another unit on berdych)

now he i meeting Federer in Final on Sunday.. most likely Federer odds will be around 1.1 (even with Great preformances from Gonalez , Federer will be very short priced.. because of his previous Odds to win the open)

Question 1 : Do i hedge my bet .. or let it ride ?
Question 2 : if i hedge . then how much do i hedge it with?

dave nz
01-26-2007, 11:41 AM
You need to ask yourself how much the money matters to you whether u hedge or not ? Eg If u were to hedge it and make a certain profit how much do u want / need that certain money ?

If u don't really need or want it overly then I would let it ride.
I was faced with a very similar scenario a few years back and here is a summary of what I did :

I had the Patriots to win the superbowl at various odds average around the 120-1 mark. They made the big show. On gameday St Louis were around 1.09
and 14.5 points favourites.

I decided it wasn't worth making a certain profit mainly because of the odds on St Louis ie. not much profit to be made.

What I did however is made sure I had two accounts with live betting with enough money in to hedge if at any stage New England got on top. I followed and rode nearly every play of the game lol.
Well at halftime St Louis were losing and out to 2.40 so I hedged some.

If at all possible that could be a option for you too (live betting).

Goodluck whatever u decide!

bossboss
01-26-2007, 11:41 PM
You need to ask yourself how much the money matters to you whether u hedge or not ? Eg If u were to hedge it and make a certain profit how much do u want / need that certain money ?

If u don't really need or want it overly then I would let it ride.
I was faced with a very similar scenario a few years back and here is a summary of what I did :

any sure profit will do as i am building up a very small bank after a really bad run from sydney kings loss versus 36ers in NBL couple of weeks ago
but on the other hand i like Gonzo chances

by the way i can get 1.14 on Federer which is better than i expected

If at all possible that could be a option for you too (live betting).

live betting is not an option ..don't like betfair.. never liked . maybe if centrebet sometimes offers it.