dayum, i'm no longer a star/note to Pea... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

dayum, i'm no longer a star/note to Pea...

tennischick
03-22-2004, 12:14 AM
after Becca's notice, i went lurking in the Duckpond only to discover that i was starring in one of their negative polls. now tonite i can't find it. and it was a loooooong thread too. so much pathetic talent gone to mud.

altho' i must confess that when i checked last night only one person had voted me the vilest anti-Duck fan. i won't say who the poll winner was :o

apologies to Pea if you can't find the incriminating thread. some Duck fans have a way of running for cover when confronted have ya noticed...:o

sigmagirl91
03-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Tennis chick, I thought I was the most vile. I guess I haven't got enough votes yet. And I don't go to the Duckpond, so I don't expect that I will get a starring role in a poll over-which I would be honored to, since it shows that my opinions matter. Unless a certain poster starts voting me in as "most vile"-after I called her Buffy Sue...

tennischick
03-22-2004, 12:33 AM
ha ha ha...i never went to that Murky Place before to be honest. i was stunned to discover that they had so much time to discuss us. you'd think the Duck's tennis would be their main focus...:o

i'm off to bed. perchance to dream. hopefully not of ducks...:o

TennisLurker
03-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Are you referring to that thread made by heya against "bashers and haters"? that thread is an old one from last year.

tennischick
03-22-2004, 12:49 AM
no i'm referring to a poll by Mister Q. now i really must sleep -- i have to lecture tomorrow! 'night all!! :wavey:

vaiva
03-22-2004, 01:03 AM
I cannot hope I have an honourable mention there? Too little posts as of late :(

Pea
03-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Ahhh too bad, TC.:( Well, I began lurking in the duckpond about a minute ago and did find some interesting stuff. There is a poll created by andylover_16.:taped: It asks who they find the most annoying...........becca, you, me, and someone else.:lol:

I came in second behind the queen of annoyance, becca.;)

Action Jackson
03-22-2004, 06:15 AM
I am thinking I would have to be a contender for the most annoying poster on that board, then again maybe they should have a new poll to incorporate some of the newbies.

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 03:37 PM
no i'm referring to a poll by Mister Q. now i really must sleep -- i have to lecture tomorrow! 'night all!! :wavey:

What on earth are you talking about?!!!

Such polls have existed, but I never made one and I don't generally participate in those discussions.

I'm baffled by this, tennischick. :confused:

sigmagirl91
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
I am thinking I would have to be a contender for the most annoying poster on that board, then again maybe they should have a new poll to incorporate some of the newbies.

No, George, they haven't gotten around to everyone yet. By the time they do, they would have called me a hick, and you a Nazi....

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 03:54 PM

Oh here is the poll, tennischick.

poll (http://menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=6010)

You will note that it was started not by me, but by a 13-14 year-old. The thread title was changed many months ago. I haven't even voted on it (but I'm keeping my options open ;) )

cheers,

Q

Pea
03-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes, that's the one!:lmfao:

Chloe le Bopper
03-22-2004, 04:29 PM
The one that Andylover made.. I had good fun with that one. I think that I lobbyed for votes so that I would WIN. I should go into politics, I'm just that good! :cool:

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 04:32 PM
*:lol: at the thought of Q starting that poll*

Proph
03-22-2004, 04:35 PM
lmao...the real star of that thread was the fight that broke out in it's later pages...

not that I had anything to do with it *adjusts halo*

RealityRyan gave me a prime example of why us duck fans get a bad rep...and then never came back

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
RealityRyan gave me a prime example of why us duck fans get a bad rep...and then never came back

lmfao well thank god for that.

Chloe le Bopper
03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
heya and her cousins, as well as andylover are also prime examples of that...

It does blow for those of you who aren't like that, though. Personally, I don't associate myself with one fan group so I doubt I'll ever have that problem... but I can imagine that it isn't very fun ;)

Angelito
03-22-2004, 04:38 PM
No, George, they haven't gotten around to everyone yet. By the time they do, they would have called me a hick, and you a Nazi....

Unbelievable poll anyway I doubt they got that idea from theirown. I bet the got it from that poll I made in honor to RealityRyan during the AUO. LOL!!!!

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Considering that almost all of the Andy fans had just as many, if not more, problems with RealityRyan than mostly everyone else, and considering that Andylover made that poll last September or so going from the date on the thread, that seems unlikely, no, pretty much impossible lol. Trust me, I think EVERYONE was glad to see RealityRyan leave forever lol :bigwave:

Proph
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
lmao..i don't let it bother me too much..I can't stand 'em either so I can understand it. Hell...I can't stand a lot of Andy fans...you think this place is bad...try being the webmaster for his leading fansite...some of the email I get makes me wonder about the youth of the world. "OMG ANDY WHY DID YOU CUT YOUR HAIRRRRR?"

Deb..lol, no kidding...that guy was a joke. What did they call him? BullshitBrian or something?

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 04:46 PM
lol Proph and lest we forget Andy's official site :bolt: but poor you with all those emails. those poor teenies lol... I think we can safely say that it is a fallacy that all Andy fans like all other Andy fans lmao

hahahahaa I don't even remember, but oh man piece of work.

Proph
03-22-2004, 04:50 PM
The official site forums scare me sometimes. EEK!!

RealityRyan belongs in the energizer bunny of idiocy hall of fame

Deboogle!.
03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
LOL yes isn't that what I called him, the energizer bunny of idiots? haha

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
RealityRyan was SchizoRyan. Never saw anyone with as many personalities in all my life....

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 12:55 AM
RealityRyan was SchizoRyan. Never saw anyone with as many personalities in all my life....

All of them bad.

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 01:25 AM
I wanna be a damn star. Can someone make me a damn star on one of the 'dick threads in the 'dick forum? I would LOVE nothing more than to be a damn star.....

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Your time will come sigma.

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I would absolutely relish having my own fan club. The sigmagirl fan club. How does that sound? On second thought, never mind...

star
03-23-2004, 02:09 AM
:haha:

This is exactly like high school. One poster goes running to another to say what somebody else "suposedly" has done, and then that second poster doesn't even bother to check it out.

Same thing happened when the Queen got all upset about some signature on the Lleyton thread that she hadn't even seen when another postrer... Hurley, I think, told her about it and she went all nasty about it in WTA World.

Some people just aren't happy unless they are stiring up trouble.

And attributing the pol to Mister Q!!! As if!

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Cheap entertainment and MTF ah what beautiful concepts.

star
03-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Unbelievable poll anyway I doubt they got that idea from theirown. I bet the got it from that poll I made in honor to RealityRyan during the AUO. LOL!!!!

I didn't know you did that Angelito. :)

But, the thread was started in September of last year... so no. It's amazing how far back in time peope have to go to try to make a little controversy.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 02:15 AM
Same thing happened when the Queen got all upset ...

I hate when I get "upset" about things and don't even know about it :(

If I'm going to become emotionally involved in something, the least that you guys could do is tell me ahead of time so that I could get a head start.

SanTaureau Fan
03-23-2004, 02:40 AM
I didn't know you did that Angelito. :)

But, the thread was started in September of last year... so no. It's amazing how far back in time peope have to go to try to make a little controversy.

MTFtards need their daily dose of ducktalk; it's an Andy world.

Action Jackson
03-23-2004, 02:43 AM
MTFtards need their daily dose of ducktalk; it's an Andy world.

Maybe there was a reason for sterilisation as an official government policy.

Though it's an Andy world is a very humorous comment. In this Andy world things are made of clay with feet of lead.

Domino
03-23-2004, 12:15 PM
You know after looking at that poll, I think that had I registered earlier, I would have been a main contender for that title. George would vote for me, that's for sure, lol :).

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I think I would have eked you out, Domino, what with my "Duck" Thread and all. The original one is about 2 years old... shame that it got deleted *sniff*

Kiara
03-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Rebecca why arent you a Queen anymore ?:sad: is it because ppl kept thinking you were a gay man? ;)

tangerine_dream
03-23-2004, 05:37 PM
It's amazing how far back in time peope have to go to try to make a little controversy.

That's what happens when she's off her meds. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 06:42 PM
That's so clever. Joking about people who have to take psychiatric medications in order to regulate their moods is like, SO funny. Maybe when we're done making fun of those people, we should pass around jokes about people who are developmentally challenged, because that would be HIlarious.

Anyways, Kiara, I took the Queen off because I'm not feeling prissy lately. I'll ask for it back in the future, when I'm feeling like one again :cool:

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Hee, hee, Becca. I thought maybe you'd keep it, whether you felt prissy or not....

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Hee, hee, Becca. I thought maybe you'd keep it, whether you felt prissy or not....
Part of it is that my cookies are all screwed up on my computer at home (I'm at the library, atm), and it's easier to type in Rebecca than Queen Rebecca :p

Kiara
03-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Maybe when we're done making fun of those people, we should pass around jokes about people who are developmentally challenged, because that would be HIlarious.:

heh, isnt that what the duck hunt thread is there for? :o

sigmagirl91
03-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Part of it is that my cookies are all screwed up on my computer at home (I'm at the library, atm), and it's easier to type in Rebecca than Queen Rebecca :p

Clean those cookies, girl....LOL!!!!!

Proph
03-23-2004, 09:29 PM
That's so clever. Joking about people who have to take psychiatric medications in order to regulate their moods is like, SO funny.

It;s tangy, lol..she means well

I don't mind, lmao
...i really am not bothered too much by those jokes from people who i know don't discriminate plus i like to have a sense of humor about myself. I can see how some people might be sensitive to it though so yeah...Tangy babe, maybe word it a little differently next time, lol

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 09:54 PM
It;s tangy, lol..she means well

I don't mind, lmao
...i really am not bothered too much by those jokes from people who i know don't discriminate plus i like to have a sense of humor about myself. I can see how some people might be sensitive to it though so yeah...Tangy babe, maybe word it a little differently next time, lol
It's not an issue for me personally. I just don't think that suggesting a poster is mentally disturbed because they happen to disagree with you, is all that worth of laughter. Perhaps I'm a little more conscious about these things since mental illness has effected a number of people who are very close to me... but really, it adds nothing to the conversation whatsoever (and no, neither does me calling people "stupid").

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Clean those cookies, girl....LOL!!!!!
I did. Twice. I deleted ALL of them. And I still can't stay logged into this stupid site. I have no problems on any other site. With the change of name, it might work now.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 09:56 PM
heh, isnt that what the duck hunt thread is there for? :o
Now now... Roddick isn't developmentally challenged, that's not nice :p He's just... super ducky and special in his own little way. That's why he gets a thread :cool:

Proph
03-23-2004, 10:11 PM
It's not an issue for me personally. I just don't think that suggesting a poster is mentally disturbed because they happen to disagree with you, is all that worth of laughter. Perhaps I'm a little more conscious about these things since mental illness has effected a number of people who are very close to me... but really, it adds nothing to the conversation whatsoever (and no, neither does me calling people "stupid").

It doesn't add to the convo but I also don't see a need to be hard on her about it. If she deserved it I'd be a total bitch about it (ask RealityRyan) but she doesn't. It's not that big a deal. I'm conscious of such things as well because of my own illness but I know tangy and she really is a great person...who cracks a joke now and then that some people get offended by...but she really doesn't deserve the crap she takes around here for it. If she actively discriminated against people with mental illness I'd see a problem but I know that she doesn't.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 10:23 PM
It doesn't add to the convo but I also don't see a need to be hard on her about it. If she deserved it I'd be a total bitch about it (ask RealityRyan) but she doesn't. It's not that big a deal. I'm conscious of such things as well because of my own illness but I know tangy and she really is a great person...who cracks a joke now and then that some people get offended by...but she really doesn't deserve the crap she takes around here for it. If she actively discriminated against people with mental illness I'd see a problem but I know that she doesn't.
I don't think that it's "that big of a deal" either. I only made reference to it more than once in order to respond to you.

I don't think that whether or not she actively discriminates against Mental illness is very important, btw. I don't actively discriminate against different racial groups, but that doesn't mean it's funny when I decide to start making jokes about Chinese people, does it?

As for why people give her a hard time... perhaps if she didnt' spent so much time trying to belittle other posters by calling them as "haters" or "antiamerican" or in an extreme case, a "nazi"... and excusing this behavior as "irony", "sarcasm" or "humour", that is just so funny and deep that us poor humoured folk couldn't possibly understand it.... then people would respect her?

I only speak for myself, of course...

No pity from me :p. I somehow doubt she cares either, so we'll all sleep well.

Proph
03-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I never said she was right in doing it...I just said that I don't see the need to make her feel overly bad about it when she didn't mean any harm by it.

Regardless of what she does to other posters, two wrongs don't make a right.

No point in discussing it though because it's never going to change. People will keep fighting and bitching at each other for as long as they possibly can regardless of anyones feelings.

Chloe le Bopper
03-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't think that I made her feel bad about it. That wasn't even really the point. I was just providing something to counter what she said.

Frankly, I don't really think about peoples feelings on here, because it doesn't occur to me that anybody cares what I say. Why should they? I'm just a username here.

It would be nice to be able to actually discuss tennis with more than 6 people here, but meh. I'm willing to deal with having to shuffle through some arguements along the way ;)

Proph
03-23-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't think that I made her feel bad about it. That wasn't even really the point. I was just providing something to counter what she said.

Frankly, I don't really think about peoples feelings on here, because it doesn't occur to me that anybody cares what I say. Why should they? I'm just a username here.

It would be nice to be able to actually discuss tennis with more than 6 people here, but meh. I'm willing to deal with having to shuffle through some arguements along the way ;)

I don't know if you did either cuz tangy's pretty detached about this kinda thing but it's not totally impossible, lol.

As far as people caring, some do. You're just a username to most people but a few take the things you say very personally and they do get hurt by it. They probably shouldn't but they do and I'm not gonna pretend that a few people here don't get under my skin too sometimes. I've seen you call a few people idiots and I know that if it was me when I happened to be in a depressive cycle I'd probably believe you. No matter who says them, words can be very powerful and I just believe in choosing them carefully because you never know who you're going to affect and how. Careful doesn't mean being a ball of sunshine and sweetness, it just means choosing the moments that you use strong words like that carefully. My two cents..free of course, lol.

People actually discuss tennis around here :shock: wow...no one told me!! ;) I'm content to just watch cuz frankly, i don't wanna deal with the arguments because i know that i only have a limited ability to handle them, lol. If I got bitched at enough i might wind up believeing it and im feeling alright about myself right now so i'll just watch everyone else slinging mud around, keeps my clothes cleaner anyway. Laundromats are hell on the budget.

sigmagirl91
03-24-2004, 12:50 AM
I don't think that it's "that big of a deal" either. I only made reference to it more than once in order to respond to you.

I don't think that whether or not she actively discriminates against Mental illness is very important, btw. I don't actively discriminate against different racial groups, but that doesn't mean it's funny when I decide to start making jokes about Chinese people, does it?

As for why people give her a hard time... perhaps if she didnt' spent so much time trying to belittle other posters by calling them as "haters" or "antiamerican" or in an extreme case, a "nazi"... and excusing this behavior as "irony", "sarcasm" or "humour", that is just so funny and deep that us poor humoured folk couldn't possibly understand it.... then people would respect her?

I only speak for myself, of course...

No pity from me :p. I somehow doubt she cares either, so we'll all sleep well.

Not giving Buffy Sue any respect. Sorry, you're asking the WRONG person....

Action Jackson
03-25-2004, 12:17 PM
You know after looking at that poll, I think that had I registered earlier, I would have been a main contender for that title. George would vote for me, that's for sure, lol :).

No way Domino I am almost hurt by such a suggestion.

Domino
03-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Can't you see I am joking. Emoticon!

Action Jackson
03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Can't you see I am joking. Emoticon!

No, have you forgotten that I don't have a sense of humour.

Domino
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
I must write that down so I can remember that :).

Action Jackson
03-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Please do Domino, at least you haven't called me a Nazi, then try to claim it's irony without ever having anything to back up claims that I support that ideology.