Norman & Rios finished??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Norman & Rios finished???

CmonAussie
03-21-2004, 01:52 PM
:cool: :wavey: :rolleyes: :angel:
Excuse my ignorance guys but what the hell has happened to Magnus Norman?? I know he had some major injuries a couple of years ago but then he seemed to make a partial comeback (Tokyo Final 02) but since then I've hardly heard a word about him?? Has he thrown in the towel early & decided to retire?

Apart from Rios divorcing his wife has there been any news as to whether Marcelo is planning a comeback to the tennis court??

It just seems so sad :sad: :sad: :sad: that these two amazing talents who were vying for No.1 only a few years ago now seem to have slipped off the tennis scene completely. Neither are particularly old, and it seems increasingly unlikely they'll ever win any more tournaments again :eek: :eek: .
Any thoughts on whether Magnus & Marcelo are finished for good???

*Never particularly liked them at the time they peaked but in reflection I miss them somehow?? :confused: :wavey:

Action Jackson
03-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Norman had surgery again on his right hip in Jan, and I think Rios will be trying to come back during the European clay season.

CmonAussie
03-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks George-->> atleast there's some optimistic for Rios(though not his personal life),& amazing how Norman's body seems so fragile for a guy in his 20's~ my Grandmother had hip surgery recently at age 85 last year..
* So George~ do you have any thoughts about whether either one of these former top players can climb the mountain again & win a title, or possibly contend for a big one?? I'd love to see Rios win a Slam but sadly that seems increasingly unlikely. However I wouldn't be so surprised if Henman broke through for a biggie as he appears to be peaking again just as he approaches his 30th birthday.

CooCooCachoo
03-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, Magnus Norman has always had problems with his body. His heart, mainly. I think his doctors have also told him that his body isn't fit for the game of tennis.

Jenrios
03-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Rios should be back next week at a challenger in Ecuador - his choice.

sebastiagol
03-21-2004, 08:59 PM
I hope that someone give him a WC for RG..

Ma. Estefania
03-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Well, Magnus Norman has always had problems with his body. His heart, mainly. I think his doctors have also told him that his body isn't fit for the game of tennis.

It's true. :sad: His doctors told him that even before his comeback at late 2002; but no matter what he came back. But right now it seems much harder to have him back :sad:

Ríos playing here in Ecuador? :confused: I haven't heard anything about that....only that he could be playing at the Davis Cup ag. Ecuador in Chile; but here? and a Challenger?

Angelito
03-22-2004, 04:55 PM
I certanly think Rios has enough talent to make a good come back but first he has to change his attitude about life in general.

Kiara
03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Magnus is pretty much finished, he was a hard worker and thats what got him to number 2 it's unlikely that he'll be able to repeat his success :sad: