Player you would most like to be? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Player you would most like to be?

joeb_uk
03-21-2004, 12:07 PM
doesnt just have to be because of how good they are, but what they look like, how they play, what their personality is like ;) ?

Dirk
03-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Federer or Rafter. :worship:

WyveN
03-21-2004, 12:51 PM
I doubt I would swap my life for anyone elses but I would love to be born with enough talent to become a tennis player.
And why not go with the guy who has won the most slams - Sampras

CmonAussie
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
* Yeah who wouldn't want to be in Federer's shoes right now!!-->> I'll take that job thankyou mam@@

#Of course it would be wonderful to be Hewitt except for all the shit he has to put up with from the media who never do justice to the truly nice guy he is..

Agassi has seen it all -->> certainly knows what it's like to lose heartbreaking Slam Finals 4-times to Sampras alone, not to mention being the favourite as he was against Gomez & Courier ***but somehow Andre didn't let it faze him because he was just too darn good~~ despite all the ups & downs & hard luck situations A-Train still managed to win all-4 Slams, Olympic Gold, 16TMS, TMC, DC... 1st he marries a Hollywood starlet then after divorce drama & ranking plumet he gets back to No.1 & marries the greatest female Tennis Player in History, a couple of kids latter, worldwide respect& admiration!! It's hard to go past Andre; mmm I'd be quite happy to walk a mile in his shoes!!....

Kristen
03-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Justine-so I could have a husband that looked like hers :Oo or Petra, to have a husband like hers! LOL kidding, maybe Jarkko so I could change parts of his (mental) game for him! He bugs me some times, I just want to yell at him to calm down and play his own game... if he possibly can! Jonas' Birthday tomorrow!!!

Billabong
03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Guga or Rogi or JCF:)! Great personalities and great games!!!

*Ljubica*
03-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Well guess this doesn't really count as it's not a male tennis player (I don't fancy a sex change :p ), but I would just love to have been Gabriela Sabatini - beautiful, rich, talented and my all-time favourite female tennis player.

joeb_uk
03-21-2004, 02:59 PM
rosie you dissapoint me :D as soon as i saw your name next to reply, i was 100% sure you were gonna say david :P ahhh i was wrong

armaniman
03-21-2004, 03:04 PM
agassi for winning all 4 slams, what an ultimately satisfying feeling it must have been when he captured the french in 99.

Buddy
03-21-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm not greedy...but to be able to play like Schuettler would be good enough for me!

*Ljubica*
03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
rosie you dissapoint me :D as soon as i saw your name next to reply, i was 100% sure you were gonna say david :P ahhh i was wrong

:haha: Well joeb - there are many, MANY things I would like to do with and for David :p , but actually being him is not one of them!! I'll stick to being a woman thanks very much :)

TennisLurker
03-21-2004, 03:40 PM
being Wayne Ferreira would be enough for me

Chloe le Bopper
03-21-2004, 03:47 PM
being Jeff Tarango would be good enough for me

Kiara
03-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Hingis please ;)

Shadow
03-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Babsi Schett, Tatiana Golovin or Martina Hingis

no sex change ;)

kim-fan
03-21-2004, 04:40 PM
kim clijsters :)
that would be cool

CooCooCachoo
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Hmm.. don't think I would want to be a player. Tennis life is too hectic. If I have to choose, I would probably go with Arnaud Clément, because he is just funny to watch and I think he is intelligent and nice. But Tommy will do too, of course ;) But I am satisfied with myself, lol

Sjengster
03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Much as I might like to think I would want the artistry of Federer or Santoro or Guga, blah blah blah... the players I'd really like to be are the lefties in my signature, I'm left-handed myself so I can identify with their style. I'd love to have the tough, gritty topspin grinding of Koubek (plus of course his terrific fashion sense) combined with the ability to muscle forehand winners all day long like Vinciguerra did in his match with Agassi at the US Open last year. I'll take a bit of the talent and success of Rios as well, but a mixture of the first two would be fine for me.

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I would like to be Agassi if I'm playing someone I don't like. I will run them side to side all day. hehe

It would be fun to have brilliant touch and reflexes like McEnroe or Federer also.

TennisLurker
03-22-2004, 06:12 PM
And what if your opponent has great down the line shots Mister Q

what would you do??

:P

MisterQ
03-22-2004, 06:14 PM
And what if your opponent has great down the line shots Mister Q

what would you do??

:P

lose, duh

TennisLurker
03-22-2004, 06:14 PM
What sucks about being Wayne Ferreira is being the bagel boy of Agassi and Michael Chang!!!

Michael Chang!!

The rest is very very cool.

TennisLurker
03-22-2004, 06:18 PM
beating Sampras a lot, that is something you can tell your children.

Angelito
03-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Well guess this doesn't really count as it's not a male tennis player (I don't fancy a sex change :p ), but I would just love to have been Gabriela Sabatini - beautiful, rich, talented and my all-time favourite female tennis player.

Hey Rose, I didn't know you liked her. I'm a big fan of hers too.
She's very nice with people too.

Angelito
03-22-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't if I would like to be someone else but myself.

I just would like to be a player that you would like to be.

joske
03-22-2004, 09:13 PM
ooooh JC all the way... nice game, not too loud or anything, nice girlfriend, ...! :D

kim-fan
03-23-2004, 04:06 PM
euh joske, he broke up with his girlfriend, or how do you say that. (in het nederlands dan: het is uit)

alfonsojose
03-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Rainer Schuettler. I'd start to masturbate all day :lol:

Leo
03-23-2004, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't mind being Roddick for a day so I could get to hang with Metallica and maybe get a private show! :rocker: :music:

Then there's Safin who lives in Monte Carlo. :hearts:

Or Clement who seems to have a fun life and a great personality. :)

Ferrero has an awesome collection of fast cars, so that's a reason to choose him. :banana:

Or Federer because he's got the prettiest girlfriend on tour. :angel:

So many great choices... Frankly, if I could play tennis for a living, even if I was around #327 in the world, I'd be a very happy camper.

tangerine_dream
03-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Steffi Graf. :)

Mrs. B
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
like Sjengsta, being a lefty, i'd like to play with the combined skills of Seles, Navratilova & Patty Schnyder. :devil:

Kiara
03-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Much as I might like to think I would want the artistry of Federer or Santoro or Guga, blah blah blah... the players I'd really like to be are the lefties in my signature, I'm left-handed myself so I can identify with their style. I'd love to have the tough, gritty topspin grinding of Koubek (plus of course his terrific fashion sense) combined with the ability to muscle forehand winners all day long like Vinciguerra did in his match with Agassi at the US Open last year. I'll take a bit of the talent and success of Rios as well, but a mixture of the first two would be fine for me.

But according to the YS school of thought (which we ALL subscribe to) you wouldnt get to the top .Ever . handicapped by your left-handedness you will die a slow sad death on the circuit with 0 slams to your name. why would you want that for yourself Sjengster? why?

Sjengster
03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
I'll cope somehow, Kiara. When I get to play ys, in whatever form of player he's chosen to be, I'll kick his arse badly to show him that lefties can still be useful. Although if I injected my current talent level into whatever player I chose to be, my results on tour would indeed be decidedly poor.

yanchr
03-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Miroslava Vavrinek ;)

joske
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
euh joske, he broke up with his girlfriend, or how do you say that. (in het nederlands dan: het is uit)

:eek: omg how come i didn't know about this... :confused: :sad:

toch bedankt kim-fan! (en ja, "broke up" is zeker goed Engels ;) )