Suspected Voyeur Arrested At Australian Tennis Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Suspected Voyeur Arrested At Australian Tennis Open

safinaferrero
01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Suspected Voyeur Arrested At Australian Tennis Open

It has been revealed that a man was arrested at the Australian Open this week for allegedly filming up the skirts of two women.

The ABC reports the arrest is the third incident threatening to overshadow the on-court action in Melbourne.

A man, 32, was arrested on Wednesday afternoon in Rod Laver Arena. He is expected to be charged with offensive behaviour and the use of surveillance equipment.

Earlier, Tennis Australia defended its decision not to release details of a sex attack on a young boy in the men's toilets at Rod Laver Arena on Monday.

Police have described it as an isolated incident, and say there are enough officers to deal with any further problems.

Tennis Australia chief Steve Wood says extra security is in place around toilets. The ABC reports he denied attempting to cover up the assault, saying police strongly urged the organisers to stay silent.

On Monday, about 150 people were evicted from the grounds after a brawl erupted between Serbian and Croatian supporters. Police admitted they were unprepared to deal with the brawling fans.

© NewsRoom 2007
http://www.newswire.co.nz/main/viewstory.aspx?storyid=355310&catid=30

safinaferrero
01-20-2007, 01:20 AM
:unsure:

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Funny how Jerry Seinfeld hasn't posted in a while...

safinaferrero
01-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Who?:confused:

Anyway i've found more infos
Security upped at Australian Open

MELBOURNE: Australian Open security has been stepped up after police were called in to investigate a report a five-year-old boy was indecently assaulted at the Melbourne Park tennis event earlier this week.

"The welfare of our patrons has always been a top priority and we are working extremely closely with Victoria Police to support them in every way we can in this investigation," Tennis Australia CEO Steve Wood told reporters in a news conference.

"We have stepped up security. More people are patrolling the areas and have been asked to be extra vigilant."

This is the second time in a week that the security at the Open has come under the spotlight after a brawl between rival Serb and Croat fans marred the opening day of the grand slam.

The alleged assault also took place that same Monday but was not made public until Friday.

A statement from Victoria Police said: "Police are investigating a reported indecent assault at the Tennis Centre on Monday, January 15.

"Around 5pm, a young boy entered the male toilets inside the Rod Laver Arena when it is alleged a male entered the cubicle and touched him inappropriately.

"The boy's mother alerted security when the boy did not come out. A search was conducted inside the toilets, and the boy reappeared after around five minutes and told his mother what happened."

Wood defended the tournament's decision not to make news of the assault public for five days as "our hands have been tied by the ongoing police investigation".

Denying accusations of a cover-up, he said: "Like other members of the community we were deeply shocked by this incident.

UTMOST IMPORTANCE

"Security is the utmost importance to Tennis Australia and we take this as a very serious matter. We wanted to co-operate with the police investigation and we did not want to jeopardise in anyway the police investigation.

"We did not come out with the information before because we were asked not to.

"Everything that can be done is being done."

Wood added that fans should not fear coming to the Open in light of the incident.

"We've got adequate security and we've stepped up security. This is a family tournament and we want to look after our patrons who come here."

The alleged indecent assault is the second incident to overshadow the on-court action at the Australian Open this week.

On Monday, around 150 fans were evicted from the grounds after Serbs and Croats clashed on the grounds. Police admitted they had been unprepared to deal with the brawling fans.

Woods said the two events should not tarnish the image of the grand slam.

"We swiftly handled the other incident. Certain incidents like these bring us a few challenges but we are working through them.

"We have a great reputation around the world and we are known as the 'Happy Slam'

Found here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/3934180a12.html)

Kinda scary:rolleyes:

El Legenda
01-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Funny how Jerry Seinfeld hasn't posted in a while...

yeah...where is that :retard:

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:29 AM
:haha:


I knew this would bring you out of your sewer...

Ferrero Forever
01-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Theres been 3 big things at the AO so far. The fight between the Croats and the Serbs, the assualt of the 5 yr old boy, and the skirt incident. The thing is, most of the people in the grounds had no idea anything was going on, shame on Tennis Australia for witholding so much information

safinaferrero
01-20-2007, 11:44 AM
exactly they prefer to hide it in order to keep AO's image clean

Ferrero Forever
01-20-2007, 12:00 PM
there was a foruth incident, another fight on wednesday, about 10 people got evicted i think. Tennis Australia are just worried they might lose a bit of money, but the fans and players safety comes first. The day after the croat-serb fight, they were meant to step up security, and they didn't even check my bags (and I had a backpack on so I could have hidden something in there.) The security was ridiculous