Be honest....how often do you lie?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Be honest....how often do you lie??

Denaon
01-19-2007, 05:20 PM
This is not supposed to be a joke thread...although it could turn out to be one....:spit:

I wonder this 'cause I've been in a situation where I believe I've been told a lie....and I sincerely hate it, although I'm not a 100% sure of it.

So...I began to ask myself why and what do some people have in their heads to start lying....:mad:
It's not that I've never lied ....that's :bs:...but I try to keep my mouth free of lies as much as possible...:devil:

How much tolerance do we have towards lies??
How often do we allow to lie??
Why do we lie??
Have you ever met big liar?

There's been a quite interesting documentary on Discovery Channel where they showed, college students who accepted to participate in a monitored test where they had to "meet" other students as in dates. The result was of a very high percentage of admitted lies from the students who were shown their own videos....(actually this "experiment" was about flirting...so it kinda softens their lies cause they were trying to impress the other)

What do you think??

ljubicic_
01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
the last couple monts i always lie to my mum, but i know if i'm telling her the truth she will be disapointed and frustrated and i don't wan't that, i want her to be happy! it's always about school when i get a 2 in school i always say to my mum that i have a 7 or there are some time that i don't want to go to school but if i say that to her she could be very angry. So it's good to lie, with lies you can make people happy!

almouchie
01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
any one who says he doesnt lie
must be a saint :)

just a joke

jazar
01-19-2007, 08:01 PM
on a dailly basis, nope thats a lie. practically every hour i'm awake

Deathless Mortal
01-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I killed a man. This was a lie :)

Denaon
01-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I believe Ljubicic_ ...the rest are just liars :p :lol:

Denaon
01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Seriously.... I picked:

"I lie only when I don't have other choices"
I'm not the type of person that makes up stories.....I just tend to hide information....:devil:

That's a different way to lie...right?

MATTHIAS
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
"good morning" is the first lie of the day for me :)

Iza
01-19-2007, 08:19 PM
there are different shades of lies....some are innocent (white) some are not (black) and some are various shades of grey :lol: (I heard this in a movie, don't remember the title)

so considering this definition, I do lie daily :lol:

Naide
01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
"good morning" is the first lie of the day for me :)

:lol:

NeverSayDie
01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I always lie :o I cant help it!! i just lie before even thinking :o

i lie to my family a lot. Not so much to my friends though :)

Joyce_23
01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I never lie on purpose but I do lie. I think it's a natural human impulse. I lie when people ask me stuff like: "What do you think of my new boyfriend?" Me: "He's great." :lol:
I also lied about never lying on purpose...:) There were times when I did do that. I'm such a horrible person. :lol:

Regenbogen
01-22-2007, 07:22 AM
I have a tendency to make up random crap when people ask me questions. For some reason I LIKE getting myself in trouble from some pointless lie and then getting out of it. :tape:

And then there's the usual lying when you know people don't really want the truth.