Round 3 AO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Round 3 AO

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
---

Leo
01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Poor Dmitry! He shouldn't be playing in pain, especially if he's only making the tear worse. :( I kinda wish Tomas puts him out of his misery quickly. Last time they played went 5 sets, won by Berdych!

Horatio Caine
01-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for that....sounds nasty :(

Well, if he's not on the top of his game, the chances are he'll lose to Berdych, but he might to suffer for a while at any rate! Do whatever is best Dima...madness to risk too much as the year is only 3 weeks old :eek:

Balerion
01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't like Tursunov's chances to win, even if he's completely healthy. Now that this has come out, it will be even more difficult as you can expect Berdych to pound Tursunov's backhand.

The severity of the risk (wrist injuries are very tricky, especially for tennis players) far outweighs the potential reward, which is small - 75 ATP points and $30k - and unlikely to be reached. If Tursunov is smart, he'll withdraw. That said, he'd be far from the first athlete to play through an injury to be tough, thereby making his situation dramatically worse.

alfonsojose
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry, but no soft feelings for him . What a moron :rolleyes:

Cervantes
01-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Ah, now I know why there's no hype around this match. I mean in New York they put this match on somethng like court 445 and now they're doing it again. This would have been a great match if Tursunov was fully healthy!

I guess it does save me some sleep though ;)