Arthurs vs. Fish: Who will win [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Arthurs vs. Fish: Who will win

OZTENNIS
01-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Go Wayne! I hope you can make R4 in ur Open swansong :)

Adler
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Fish in 4. Arthurs will win one in TB

Horatio Caine
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
He has a reasonable chance...I hope he makes R4 as that would be such a high to finish on (at the Aussie at any rate) :D

Good luck Wayno! :bounce:

Sjengster
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
One thing's for sure, the pressure is on Fish; he's playing for his first ever 4th round in a Slam (his only two previous 3rd round appearances were both at Wimbledon, ending in a four-set defeat to Federer and a retirement against Labadze). Arthurs has already pulled off an improbable comeback in this event and is probably playing his last ever AO, so maybe he can relax a little; the match-up still favours Fish heavily with his returns, though. I wish I could see this one.

Jimnik
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Well Fish did make the 3rd round of the AO before, but it's very surprising that he's never made the 3rd round at the USO.

They met once, in Newport, 7 years ago and Arthurs won 6-3 6-2.

Sjengster
01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, so he did - screwed up that 2-set lead against Ferreira, and in fact led 4-1 in the fourth before losing the last 11 games of the match. I remember Ferreira was asked afterwards about how it feels to see an opponent self-destructing like that, and blunt as ever he replied, "Best feeling in tennis."