The closer Federer is to Connors's record of consecutive weeks as ATP No.1... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The closer Federer is to Connors's record of consecutive weeks as ATP No.1...

Adler
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM
... the more he looks like him
http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/headshots/main/F324_AS.jpghttp://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/headshots/main/C044_AS.jpg

no?

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
No.

cmurray
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Connors is unattractive, Roger isn't. Still, the new hairstyle with the funky-ass center part is pretty awful...no worse than Rafa's shapeless mess, but pretty bad.

jazar
01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
maybe the hairstyle is a vague resemblance, but no they look nothing like each other

Adler
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
They do not look like twins - right. I mean, when Roger finally decided to cut his hair and doen't wear this headband he reminds me Jimbo. Dunno, maybe I'm blind or should consider visiting a doctor, but as the time goes, he's becoming more and more similar to Connors

calvinhobbes
01-19-2007, 12:02 AM
They do not look like twins - right. I mean, when Roger finally decided to cut his hair and doen't wear this headband he reminds me Jimbo. Dunno, maybe I'm blind or should consider visiting a doctor, but as the time goes, he's becoming more and more similar to Connors

In eighty years they´ll be completely alike . . . . :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sunset of Age
01-19-2007, 12:06 AM

yeah - Six Feet Under. :devil:

Sorry, but Rogi is prettier than Jimbo could have ever have hoped for during his entire life! :wavey:

Merton
01-19-2007, 12:13 AM
The true consecutive wins record is Lendl's, since rankings were calculated differently back in the 70s.

EDIT: I mean weeks ranked as #1. Sorry for the confusion.

lunahielo
01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
No way!! :(

gomarray
01-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Merton, I don't understand your post, you refer to consecutive wins by Lendl.

By the way, the earliest possible time that Nadal could take over No.1 is after Miami.

R.Federer
01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
The true consecutive wins record is Lendl's, since rankings were calculated differently back in the 70s.

You mean consecutive weeks?

Merton
01-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Merton, I don't understand your post, you refer to consecutive wins by Lendl.

By the way, the earliest possible time that Nadal could take over No.1 is after Miami.

Sorry, I refer to consecutive weeks ranked as #1. Connors has more weeks than Lendl on paper, but at that time the rankings included results of the previous two years, not just the past year, as is the case today.

gomarray
01-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I guess that is similar to the way golf rankings are computed now.

Either way, in a matter of weeks Federer will undisputedly hold the record if I'm not mistaken.

Pea
01-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Worst thread ever.

Mimi
01-19-2007, 02:26 AM
connors looks better than roger, i mean, when he was young ;)

Metis
01-19-2007, 02:39 AM

I agree with that :)

Sunset of Age
01-19-2007, 03:26 AM

Sorry dear, have to disagree - quite strongly. Rogi is dropdead gorgeous - Jimbo - sorry! :o

Mimi
01-19-2007, 03:43 AM
sorry, no offence, roger is a great player, but he looks like a toothless grandma for me, especially when he wears a bandana :o :devil:
Sorry dear, have to disagree - quite strongly. Rogi is dropdead gorgeous - Jimbo - sorry! :o

Leo
01-19-2007, 05:20 AM

This is a little too morbid for me. :o Stop that talk! Fed is gonna live forever and play tennis for just as long.

Bremen
01-19-2007, 05:37 AM
This is a little too morbid for me. :o Stop that talk! Fed is gonna live forever and play tennis for just as long.

He'll become a cyborg...

DONADANG
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
He'll become a cyborg...

I certainly hope so.........

Sunset of Age
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
sorry, no offence, roger is a great player, but he looks like a toothless grandma for me, especially when he wears a bandana :o :devil:

No problem, Mimi :) ... but tastes vary, and I happen to be someone who thinks Rogi is both handsome and cute. I surely wouldn't send him off if he'd like to... eh.... play :devil: :p with me. :angel:

R.Federer
01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
One almost wishes that Roger's overtaking connors's record should have been contingent on beating andy in the semis. That would have been fitting.

But unfortunately for Connors, the record is going to go like it or not. I bet they'll try to have Connors present Roger with the random ATP cake when that happens (if he is amenable- he used to be ultra competitive, maybe that is still the case).

Bremen
01-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Funny how some people think Fed is ugly while others...

My mom was watching his match last night and after I'd told her about his records and accomplishments she asked if he was popular. I said yeah and she said well he's ovbiously very attractive...I think she has good taste!

artlinkletter
01-19-2007, 08:04 PM
But unfortunately for Connors, the record is going to go like it or not. I bet they'll try to have Connors present Roger with the random ATP cake when that happens (if he is amenable- he used to be ultra competitive, maybe that is still the case).

I remember reading somewhere that during Wimbledon, when Roger was about to break Borgs record on grass, the organizers wanted to set up a "trophy" type presentation to commemorate the event (like they did with Vilas and Nadal), but Roger asked them not to.

R.Federer
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I remember reading somewhere that during Wimbledon, when Roger was about to break Borgs record on grass, the organizers wanted to set up a "trophy" type presentation to commemorate the event (like they did with Vilas and Nadal), but Roger asked them not to.

Yes, he said that trophies should be given at the end of the tournament not midway. But they can do it at the end of whatever he is playing at that time -- if he reaches the end of that tournament. It is a big achievement, it should not quietly come and go IMO.

But humble Roger might like it to :angel:

KaxMisha
01-19-2007, 08:10 PM

That classless arrogant jerk! :retard::retard::retard:

P.S. Ljubicic sUCKZ!

jcempire
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Hey, not just better. A lot better than Roger

R.Federer
01-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Toothless grandma :haha: :haha: .... uups, shouldn't be laughing, but haven't heard that one before.

Funny how every player has some group which thinks he's handsome, and another group that thinks he's not at all. Roger, andre, pete, rafa, roddick, etc. all fall in this group.

The only exception seems to be Marat!

calvinhobbes
01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I refer to consecutive weeks ranked as #1. Connors has more weeks than Lendl on paper, but at that time the rankings included results of the previous two years, not just the past year, as is the case today.

Tell me if I´m wrong, but if we would take now the results of the two previous consecutive years, undoubtely Roger would have a longer "inertial" time as No. 1, maybe until December 2007. On the other side he would lose some of the initial weeks, as he would have reached that position later. . . .
Mere speculation. However someone will make the necessary statistics, sooner or later, maybe before feb 16. . . . . . :eek: :eek:

Apemant
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
The only exception seems to be Marat!

Small wonder... Marat is 'dropdead gorgeous' any way you turn it, no question about that... :worship:

Damn, I wonder what's it like to have that kind of looks :devil: