What a BUNCH of poor performances of Ivan Ljubicic!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What a BUNCH of poor performances of Ivan Ljubicic!!!

Nathaliia
01-18-2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/activity.asp?player=100067017

:o

Sjengster
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Haha, you don't think he's a relation by any chance, do you?

jazar
01-18-2007, 07:30 PM
i never knew ivan ljubicic was 3 days younger than me

Nathaliia
01-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Haha, you don't think he's a relation by any chance, do you?

I do. Moreover, I suspect it's this one posting on this message board. The amount of minutes spent here affects his scores :sad:

Nathaliia
01-18-2007, 07:33 PM
i never knew ivan ljubicic was 3 days younger than me

I didn't know you were three days older :o

jazar
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I didn't know you were three days older :o

its the baldness that threw me. lol

Adler
01-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Dałaś radę Natalia. Pięć minut leżałem ze śmiechu :haha:

alfonsojose
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
I do. Moreover, I suspect it's this one posting on this message board. The amount of minutes spent here affects his scores :sad:

He was seen with a stick in Australia, practicing with some Serbs :tape:

scarecrows
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
He was seen with a stick in Australia, practicing with some Serbs :tape:

:lol:

Peoples
01-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Great thread :)

But you coulda done better with the thread title, like: "Ljubicic is complete crap" or something similar ;)

Horatio Caine
01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Hater!!!! :retard: :rolleyes: :mad: :help:

Nice work Nathi! :lol:

Neely
01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
LOL, unbelievable... didn't expect to see this when I entered the thread

Nathaliia
01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
:nerner:

To tell you the truth, I found that guy in the thread about Austria futures. There was some pre-wild card tournament and Ivan Ljubicic (I don't know why, was signed there as playing for Bosnia and Herzegovina! !!) took part. He defeated Bye in 1st round and lost in 3 sets to a no-name in 2nd round.

And didn't get the WC to a futures.

JMG
01-20-2007, 12:39 AM
I think it wasn't even the first thread on mtf about the second Ivan Ljubicic.

scarecrows
01-20-2007, 12:41 AM
I think it wasn't even the first thread on mtf about the second Ivan Ljubicic.

can you find the other(s)

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
its just about as good performances as the REAL Ljubo :lol:

scarecrows
01-20-2007, 12:45 AM
the real Ljubo is one of the only 5 players who have won an ATP tournament so far :wavey:

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 12:50 AM
overrated is the only way to describe his career.

RickDaStick
01-20-2007, 12:55 AM
overrated is the only way to describe his career.

Mista you'd give anything to only have a fraction of the success Ljubo has had in his career. Please tell us your greatest accomplishment before calling others who you envy overrated.

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
the real Ljubo is one of the only 5 players who have won an ATP tournament so far :wavey:

he's also the only player in the top 20 to lose in the first round at AO :wavey:

RickDaStick
01-20-2007, 12:58 AM
he's also the only player in the top 20 to lose in the first round at AO :wavey:

maybe so but i guarantee you he doesnt cry when people insult him like or someone else around him unlike a certain person we know;) that shall remain anonymous for the time being.

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 01:02 AM
maybe so but i guarantee you he doesnt cry when people insult him like or someone else around him unlike a certain person we know;) that shall remain anonymous for the time being.

:lol: just come out and say it.

just because i care about my favorite players, its a weakness? :lol:

RickDaStick
01-20-2007, 01:03 AM
:lol: just come out and say it.

just because i care about my favorite players, its a weakness? :lol:

Come on man i care about ljubo more then you will ever care about rafa but i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER shed tears because of what some morons on a internet forum said about him.

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Mista you'd give anything to only have a fraction of the success Ljubo has had in his career. Please tell us your greatest accomplishment before calling others who you envy overrated.

I'm not a tennis player bro I do have one thing on Ljubo, I didn't get knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open.

It's just like any real professional athlete, you are nothing until you win the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Title and so on. Ljubicuticio is nothing and will never be anything unless he shows he can play real tennis and not some poor ass mini-tournaments.

OVERRATED!

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:06 AM

You're right on that. Ljubo would rather express his feelings by applying excessive suntan lotion on his face making him look absolutely ridiculous.

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Come on man i care about ljubo more then you will ever care about rafa but i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER shed tears because of what some morons on a internet forum said about him.

i highly doubt you care more for Ljubo than me for rafa. it was just a breaking point. i was already sad that he retired from the match, but to read some of the shit around here, about another injured person, laughing at someone i personally met, the nicest pro or celebrity ive ever had the pleasure of knowing. the posts that i read here hurt.

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 01:08 AM
You're right on that. Ljubo would rather express his feelings by applying excessive suntan lotion on his face making him look absolutely ridiculous.

or insult and say bad things about opponents in post-match press conferences

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:09 AM

Pure signs of a coward...doesn't have the balls to do anything on court.

Apemant
01-20-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm not a tennis player bro I do have one thing on Ljubo, I didn't get knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open.

You don't need to be a tennis player... name ANY accomplishment of yours, in any area of life, which can be compared to Ljubo's career. How many people are even aware of your existence or care for whatever you do or say?

So how does it feel, that a complete coward, classless, mediocre tennis player such as Ljubicic made much more out of his life than you can even think of doing yourself?

I mean, not that I'm any better than you, perhaps, but you really need a lesson in humility there, brother.

RickDaStick
01-20-2007, 01:25 AM

It's just like any real professional athlete, you are nothing until you win the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Title and so on. Ljubicuticio is nothing and will never be anything unless he shows he can play real tennis and not some poor ass mini-tournaments.

OVERRATED!

Im sure he is happy with 10mill in the bank account and getting porsche 911 as a gift :)

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:25 AM
You don't need to be a tennis player... name ANY accomplishment of yours, in any area of life, which can be compared to Ljubo's career. How many people are even aware of your existence or care for whatever you do or say?

So how does it feel, that a complete coward, classless, mediocre tennis player such as Ljubicic made much more out of his life than you can even think of doing yourself?

I mean, not that I'm any better than you, perhaps, but you really need a lesson in humility there, brother.

Well said Oprah. Okay he's a professional tennis player. Big deal. There are much better players than him, there have always been better players than him and there will always be better players.

The bottom line is...he is overrated and his performance in Slams is the only proof you need. That is the subject of this conversation is it not?

RickDaStick
01-20-2007, 01:26 AM

yeah, cant believe that he said about Fish...

something like...Mardy played great today :speakles: what an ahole :eek:

RickDaStick
Well said Oprah. Okay he's a professional tennis player. Big deal. There are much better players than him, there have always been better players than him and there will always be better players.

The bottom line is...he is overrated and his performance in Slams is the only proof you need. That is the subject of this conversation is it not?

the subject is not even Ivan Ljubicic...its Ivan Ljubicic the JR :wavey:

Mistaflava
Im sure he is happy with 10mill in the bank account and getting porsche 911 as a gift :)

Im sure he's happy too. But once again, that just goes to show that he's not a top player and he has no desire to ever do better than the mediocre median.

Useless

Johnny Groove
01-20-2007, 01:28 AM
yeah, cant believe that he said about Fish...

something like...Mardy played great today :speakles: what an ahole :eek:

yeah, because his comments on fish are indicative of ALL his comments.

what did he say about Roddick at 03 USO? what did he say in March 06? that REAL #2 BS? what did he say about Nadal at RG?

Apemant
01-20-2007, 01:43 AM

No, it is not. The subject WAS a joke about some other Ivan Ljubicic, which you and Blaze somehow turned into yet another Ljubicic bashing BS. So here I come, and turn it into a lesson in humility which you both obviously need so badly.

Of course there are much better players that Ljubo, even right now, let alone in the past. But that argument is as insubstantial as it can be, because by the same logic you might say that Michael Stich, for example, is a complete loser because there were 'much better players than him'. All the players in history are not as good as the GOAT, agreed? And what exactly does that stand for? Yeah, thats right - nothing.

The fact remains that even that crappy Ljubo accomplished much more in his life than yourself; which makes YOUR mocking of his accomplishments a rather silly thing. Your reiteration of his 1st round loss in AO is especially nonsensical: yeah, you didn't get knocked out in the 1st round, because you could only dream about ever getting to the AO main draw, right?

Do yourself a favour and drop your silly campaign. If you don't like Ljubo, that's all right, we are all about aware of that very important thing in our lives already. Now move on, and comment those that you like. Leave Ljubo alone. What is this obsession with him anyway? Can there be just one bad loss of his that won't cause a myriad of petty gloating like yours? It stopped being funny long time ago.

Mistaflava
01-20-2007, 01:45 AM
That's what you don't understand. It's not a joke, it's reality. Ljubicic is talented alright but his 'I don't give a flying fuck' attitude about big tournaments like this one is a disgrace to tennis and it quite possibly has exposed him for who he really is, a mediocre player at best that takes advantage of small tournament purses.

You sound like you're about to cry...take it easy man. Your life will be the same now and in five minutes.

Apemant
01-20-2007, 01:50 AM
yeah, because his comments on fish are indicative of ALL his comments.

what did he say about Roddick at 03 USO? what did he say in March 06? that REAL #2 BS? what did he say about Nadal at RG?

I have answered all of this before. The only bad thing in all of those interviews was the fact that he brought up 'locker room's opinion' about A-Rod. He didn't say anything else that wasn't a honest opinion of his own, even based on facts. Maybe exaggerated a bit, but nothing that can't be understood given the circumstances. Let me put it this way: you'd forgive Roddick much worse behaviour than that of Ljubo. In fact, you already did. But for Ljubo another set of standards is applied, right?

Also, he never insulted Nadal - or rather, I don't remember he ever did (prove me wrong). Furthermore, he never said he IS the 'real #2', that's a MTF myth. He was describing his FEELING, not his OPINION on his own game. But maybe the difference is too subtle for MTF? :devil:

Apemant
01-20-2007, 02:14 AM
That's what you don't understand. It's not a joke, it's reality. Ljubicic is talented alright but his 'I don't give a flying fuck' attitude about big tournaments like this one is a disgrace to tennis and it quite possibly has exposed him for who he really is, a mediocre player at best that takes advantage of small tournament purses.

On the contrary, Ljubicic is not very talented, he got there by hard work mainly. And its not that he 'doesn't give a flying fuck' about GS, quite the contrary, he cares too much about them and because of that, he puts too much pressure on himself which makes it even harder for him to go far into the draw, as if it wasn't hard already with all the weaknesses of his game that can be easily exploited by players with appropriate weapons (and some brains on top of it)

'Mediocre' is a word that is just doesn't fit for Ljubo: 'mediocre' players are those that float around 200-300 on the entry list. There is no argument there: it doesn't matter if the field is weak or not; if someone ever got to #3 he is not mediocre by any stretch of imagination. #3 is a fact, 'mediocre' is your subjective opinion which stands for nothing.

So, just drop it, man. I'm sure there are players you like. Why not go and talk about them? Why concentrate on the negative emotions? And even if you just can't help it, then at least try to be reasonable, try to be specific, not abstract. Say something such as 'Ljubo's FH really sucked today' or 'OMG, what a crappy performance that was' etc. Not just random insults which happen to cross your mind. You don't get any smarter doing that anyway.

No comment on your suggestion that I'm about to cry. :rolleyes: :lol:

trulliscorpion
01-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Wasn't he who threw something like this, "He's a very good player who's been underachieving his whole career, he's very talented. I don't like him." about Nalbandian after losing to him somewhere?

Apemant
01-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Wasn't he who threw something like this, "He's a very good player who's been underachieving his whole career, he's very talented. I don't like him." about Nalbandian after losing to him somewhere?

Don't remember that one, care to provide a link? I remeber he said something in lines of 'David is among the most talented on the Tour (if not the), but he never achieved anything because he is lazy' - or such. Well, I happen to disagree with Ljubo on that, don't think its laziness, I believe it's more like not being so much into tennis (as in 'not making tennis your entire life's preoccupation') - but Ljubo is entitled to his own opinion. Him being a hardworker probably considers all those who aren't like that, lazy. Heck, he'd probably consider me lazy as well. So what. :devil: David schooled him right after that comment, maybe he learned something from that hehe

Apemant
01-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Actually, when someone tells me I'm lazy, I tend to take it as a compliment. So, if someone like Ljubo said about me that I'm talented second to noone, but too lazy, I'd feel totally flattered. :devil: Hard work doesn't interest me, I always try to find a way to make it easier. That's what progress is (in technology), we don't need to chop wood with an axe if we can get a chainsaw. :)

But of course, if someone likes hard work - be my guest. :rocker:

Peoples
01-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Yes and we're talking about the SECOND Ljobo here! :eek:

Nathaliia
02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
According to RaVeR's wishes, Ljubo is close to retirement. He needed a Wild Card to play Croatia#2 futures quallie.

Sadly, he lost in 1st round to a seeded player.

(8)Martin Slanar (AUT) d. (WC)Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) 6-3 6-4

Jadranka
02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
not the real ljubicic :rolleyes:

Nathaliia
02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
You should read the thread from the beginning :) The whole joke is that is not the real one, however on so different levels, they manage to achieve sometimes similar results.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Ljubicic is an asshole, and his overrated abilities are now being exposed. What more is there to say.

stebs
02-19-2007, 04:24 PM

:eek: You're a genius. Everyone else in the thread was under the impression that it was the top 10 Ivan Ljubicic. Thanks for setting us straight, don't know what the board would do without you.

Nathaliia
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
:eek: You're a genius. Everyone else in the thread was under the impression that it was the top 10 Ivan Ljubicic. Thanks for setting us straight, don't know what the board would do without you.

Anyway... I think both are real...

Jadranka
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Anyway... I think both are real...

yes, but who is Ivan Ljubicic from Travnik? lol

jazar
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
he really is quite a joke

Snowwy
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Aww why cant there be imaginary people named after me that everyone knows about?

Jadranka
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM

oooh, do you think you're funny? ha-ha

Nathaliia
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
yes, but who is Ivan Ljubicic from Travnik? lol

One is from Banja Luka (top 10), one is from Travnik :) At least both were born in current territory of Bosnia and both playing for Croatia.

Jadranka
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
One is from Banja Luka (top 10), one is from Travnik :) At least both were born in current territory of Bosnia and both playing for Croatia.

right :)

Horatio Caine
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Customary daily thing....

Ljubo sucks

:wavey:

Apemant
02-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Customary daily thing....

Ljubo sucks

:wavey:

Whatever makes you feel better today, sweetums. :devil:

Apemant
02-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Ljubicic is an asshole, and his overrated abilities are now being exposed. What more is there to say.

Nothing, you said quite enough. Only, you don't seem to realize that you are saying much more about yourself than Ljubicic here. Keep up the good work. :yeah:

FedererGrandSlam
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
http://www.anhuth-dev.de/upload/future/427_Tableau%20herren%

PLEASE RETIRE IF YOU LOSE THIS LJUBA TRUBA MORON! :help:

Frederick16
08-18-2007, 06:28 PM
who?

Allure
08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I think it's Ljubicic. :scratch:

Frederick16
08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
:rolleyes:

germans and humour...

Action Jackson
08-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Hahahahahaha

There are 2 Ivan Ljubicic's and the bald one's ranking isn't so low that he has to play Futures qualies.

Good joke.

JMG
08-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I've seen Klingemann two weeks ago, good luck to him. :bigclap: Ljuba Truba II sucks too.

ReturnWinner
08-18-2007, 06:50 PM
yeah but i am sure Ljuba truba II has hair and a nicer game
I've seen Klingemann two weeks ago, good luck to him. :bigclap: Ljuba Truba II sucks too.

*Viva Chile*
08-18-2007, 07:39 PM
old joke :yawn:

Bad Religion
08-18-2007, 08:13 PM

:lol: :lol:

Kolya
08-19-2007, 03:45 AM
:haha:

Byrd
08-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Ljubo still getting recognised as the tournament caretaker outside matches :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Old Joke, but still :haha:

Forehander
08-19-2007, 06:54 AM
lol

scarecrows
08-19-2007, 08:00 AM
is this the first anniversary of this joke?

Nathaliia
08-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Haven't found older threads about the second Ljuba, but this one is a good read :yeah:

RonE
08-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Great bump :lol:

fisherking
08-19-2007, 01:50 PM
click (http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/default.asp?playersearch=agazzi)

GonzoFed
08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Where is RaVeR's post? That's the only thing missing in this great thread.

PS: I felt in love with the lady in Nathaliia's Avatar :inlove: