Fed v Misha [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed v Misha

Magus13
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Very excited to see this match. Youzhny definately has a shot against Fed. I saw him play against Nadal and Roddick at the US Open. He is a great shot maker and fun to watch. As a Fed fan I feel he is the perfect player for Fed raise his level of play. If he doesn't he will lose. Hoping for a real entertaining match.

the answer
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
:rolleyes:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=F324&playernum2=Y061

JustmeUK
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=F324&playernum2=Y061

the perfect answer :haha:

Magus13
01-18-2007, 05:43 PM
So you think that if Youzhny plays as he did against Nadal at the US Open and Fed plays like he did against Phau that because he is 7-0 that guarantees Fed a win? I'm not worried Fed will lose, just saying that Youzney could give him trouble and that he really has tremendous skills. Even though I'm a fan of Feds I can still appreciate other players and see where they can give him trouble. I'll even go as far as to say that right now Youzhnyy is the best male Russian player.

JustmeUK
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Federer won't give Youzhny the opportunity to play like he did against Nadal. Nadal is a counter puncher; Federer a shotmaker. In other words, Youzhny's game doesn't match up well to Fed's hence the 7-0 h2h. As for him being the best Russian - well obviously they didn't quite see it the same when selecting the players for the DC rubbers.

FedererGrandSlam
01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Federer in 3.

+alonso
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
6-4 6-1 7-5 for Fed

MarcM
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
It's the kind of Roger match you get excited about before hand but he just ends up strolling through it.

Federer - Djokovic 4th round is the one i can't wait for.

jazar
01-18-2007, 06:38 PM
misha has won a grand total of 2 sets in 7 meetings with federer, and federer is finding his form. so like fed's 2d round, it will be one way traffic, just a little closer. 6-4, 6-3, 6-3

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I think it'll be an exciting match. Youzhny is most definitely a player who can play outstanding tennis if he's in the zone.
I don't really expect him to be able to mean any trouble to Rogi, but well... you never know (ask Rafa).

lordmanji
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Very excited to see this match. Youzhny definately has a shot against Fed. I saw him play against Nadal and Roddick at the US Open. He is a great shot maker and fun to watch. As a Fed fan I feel he is the perfect player for Fed raise his level of play. If he doesn't he will lose. Hoping for a real entertaining match.

hey magus, were you at the us open final? if so do you remember who sang the national anthem and if that was before or after they unfurled the flag?

Adler
01-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Did Jużny have any MPs in Halle 03 SF ?

Federer 6:3 7:6 6:4

B.B.
01-18-2007, 07:02 PM

I feel the same. It's a match that I won't miss.
Youzhny definitely won't win, but he might take a set off Fed if he's at his very best maybe two.

Magus13
01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
hey magus, were you at the us open final? if so do you remember who sang the national anthem and if that was before or after they unfurled the flag?

I was at the match between Youzhny v Nadal and the semis between Youzny/Roddick & Davydenko/Fed. Not at the Final.

TMJordan
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Misha in 5 :scared:

Adler
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Youzhny definately has a shot against Fed
That's right. Many players have shot against Roger, but also Roger has shot against all players :)

muniu
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Just show nice fight Misha!!:) Good Luck:bounce:

Magus13
01-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Look, if Fed plays well he will win. Between the matches I watched from Kooyong and the AO I havn't seen him play well on a consistent level. Fed always gets better as tournaments progress. I fully expect Youzhny to bring out the best in Fed and for him to win. I also hope that this will be the match that really gets him going. With that being said, If Youzny plays as he did at the US Open and Fed plays erraticaly as he has, Youzhny can take him. There are alot of top players who cannot beat Fed when he's struggling a bit. Youzhny is one of the few who can.

DDrago2
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
This is in a way similar as potential Murray-Nadal encounter - Youznhny is able to beat many favourites, but Federer I don't think so - Fed is a bad match-up for him, as you can see from their's h2h.

Leo
01-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Oh wow, I thought Misha only won one set, the 2003 Halle match (btw, I followed that one live and don't remember Youzhny ever getting to match point). But he's actually won two! The first set they ever played. :lol:

As for Youzhny being the best male Russian player at the moment, how does he compare to the world #3???

Go Misha. Put up a fight.