I love Killer Cahill...Hugs for Darren [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I love Killer Cahill...Hugs for Darren

Fumus
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
One bright spot in this years, poor as usual ESPN coverage of the Austrialian Open is Darren Cahill. He's well spoken, funny, and gives brilllant commentary. He's definitely better than anything ESPN has going, too bad Darren will be coaching some other top player soon because he's too good... I like/will miss/can appricate watching tennis with him in the box. Here's to you Darren!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40775000/jpg/_40775732_agassi_300.jpg

Fumus
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
apparently no one else shares the love...if you do share the just post saying you love Darren too...lol

Burrow
01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
iwas hoping he would coach safin, not to be

CmonAussie
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
* Cahill is definitely a top bloke<:)

I believe he`s still on good terms with Lleyton Hewitt... I would be very happy if Cahill joined forces with Hewitt again to try & revive Rocky`s game to where it should be!!!

However a career in the media would also be good for Cahill~~ actually it would be good for us>> who enjoy listening to his insightfull comments..!!

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I have Crappy WTAsports maybe their coverage is good, but commentary is so awful , especially in Polish , but I when I return to home on weekend I will be able to watch WTAsports with English commentary

Fumus
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Yay Cahill fans, gosh I was worried MTF was going to give this thread the snub in favor of talking about Nadal.

onewoman74
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I love listening to Cahill...very smart guy! Too bad he's only there temporary.

Deboogle!.
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
:yeah: Really enjoying listening to him. His accent helps :drool:

Fumus
01-18-2007, 03:03 PM
:yeah: Really enjoying listening to him. His accent helps :drool:

:haha: Deb...lol :)

Merton
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
There is no comparison to Brad but sadly (for TV viewers) he is too good as a coach to remain in his current job for long.

Fumus
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
There is no comparison to Brad but sadly (for TV viewers) he is too good as a coach to remain in his current job for long.

Exactly, so enjoy this gem while it lasts.

jeahhh!
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I am so happy that espn got him:bounce: I think I actually jumped for joy when they showed him that first day :rolleyes:

croat123
01-18-2007, 05:03 PM
he's great. finally a good commentator. they should just let him go solo cause the rest of them are terrible

alfonsojose
01-18-2007, 05:06 PM
And that sexy chin :drool: i would rub it against my * :o

gillian
01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I've enjoyed his commentary, but during the Hewitt match, I thought he (and PMac) were both a bit anti-Hewitt.

Lee
01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
* Cahill is definitely a top bloke<:)

I believe he`s still on good terms with Lleyton Hewitt... I would be very happy if Cahill joined forces with Hewitt again to try & revive Rocky`s game to where it should be!!!

However a career in the media would also be good for Cahill~~ actually it would be good for us>> who enjoy listening to his insightfull comments..!!

From what I hear during the commentary between the Hewitt/Dancevic match, I highly doubt Cahill will coach Hewitt again. :tape:

Lee
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM

Brad is a bit toooo arrogant to be a commentator, IMHO. ;)

Cahill is much better. Of course, that slight Aussie accent helps :lol:

R.Federer
01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
One bright spot in this years, poor as usual ESPN coverage of the Austrialian Open is Darren Cahill. He's well spoken, funny, and gives brilllant commentary. He's definitely better than anything ESPN has going, too bad Darren will be coaching some other top player soon because he's too good... I like/will miss/can appricate watching tennis with him in the box. Here's to you Darren!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40775000/jpg/_40775732_agassi_300.jpg

Well he is new. There is the novelty factor. I assume that when he has spent a few months or few years on the seat and repeats his lines about his days with Lleyton and other such things, that could get old too.

The one person who everyone, myself included, loved to despise was Brad Gilbert. But he really knew his crap. As annoying as he is, he really got it right every time.

Fumus
01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I've enjoyed his commentary, but during the Hewitt match, I thought he (and PMac) were both a bit anti-Hewitt.

Yes and no. I mean I think Darren stated that obvious about Hewitt bashing on his coaches, but he did say he was a great guy to hangout with off the court and that having a couple beers with the mates he was a good guy. It's just that he's misunderstood and that on the court his quite fiery and he needs to pump himself up by getting angry.

That said, I mean Cahill did pick him to beat Gonzo.

Fumus
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Well he is new. There is the novelty factor. I assume that when he has spent a few months or few years on the seat and repeats his lines about his days with Lleyton and other such things, that could get old too.

The one person who everyone, myself included, loved to despise was Brad Gilbert. But he really knew his crap. As annoying as he is, he really got it right every time.

Oh yea, I totally agree. I loved every part about Brad's commentary. :) He was just alittle annoying at times, Cahill is the insight and wit without the annoying Brad predictions, slogans....etc. Yea I miss Brad too, I mean he wasn't afriad to tell it like he thought it was. So it was always interesting because you would wait for what he was going to say next. Not to mention his insight and ability to break down matches was really brilliant too.

cmurray
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I think Darren is fantastic as a commentator. Well-spoken, cool accent.

And yes, J'torian....Brad always looked extremely uncomfortable on camera. It drove me nuts that he could never figure out which camera to look at, and then when he DID know, he would never look directly at it, always to the side. He knows his tennis, but he's a terrible commentator.

Remember when Navratilova used to commentate (for NBC, i think)? The woman knows everything about tennis, but she just couldn't stop herself from saying "COME ON! GET UP TO THE BALL!!!" :rolleyes:

Sofyaxo
01-18-2007, 08:15 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Darren is the best thing ESPN ever did.