Nadal def. Kohlschreiber [7-5,6-3,4-6,6-2] ..... Prophecy getting closer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal def. Kohlschreiber [7-5,6-3,4-6,6-2] ..... Prophecy getting closer

Rafa = Fed Killa
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
2 down ..... 5 to go

Your messiahs prophecy will be fulfilled.
Rejoice your saviour is here.

MTF bowing down to RFK :worship: :worship: :worship:

bokehlicious
01-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Bamos you fuckin animal :cool: :cool: :cool:

The HAAS Admirer
01-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Vamos Rafita!!!!!

SaFed2005
You better change that score. :p It's not ovr yet.

guga2120
why did he lose the 3rd set to that guy?

Horatio Caine
Funny, the match isn't over yet :retard:

silverarrows
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
It's not over until it's over! :wavey: You better change that score later! :cool:

Ernham
01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
why did he lose the 3rd set to that guy?

He should have lost the whole match. Consider yourself lucky. Kohl has pretty much outplayed him from set one.

mickymouse
01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
How long did he take?

JustmeUK
01-18-2007, 01:28 PM
typical Rafa=Fed Killer prematurity. I look forward to the day when u're no longer here to make false reports before the end of the match :devil:

for the record the match stands at 30-30 with Rafa serving at 5-2 in the 4th and I really think a mod should delete this as it's a live scoring thread.

Naide
01-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Vamoooos

Rafa = Fed Killa
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
typical Rafa=Fed Killer prematurity. I look forward to the day when u're no longer here to make false reports before the end of the match

for the record the match stands at 30-30 with Rafa serving at 5-2 in the 4th and I really think a mod should delete this as it's a live scoring thread.

My perfection sees all before the event itself

Fumus
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
What happened in the third set there?

adee-gee
01-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Rafa is going to lose to Wawrinka :sad:

Naide
01-18-2007, 01:34 PM

ewwww no way

keqtqiadv
01-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Kohlschreiber should have won that first set :ras:

guga2120
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM

No, but he will lose to Blake though.

MrJ
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM
How long did he take?

A marathon 3 and a half hours!! ;)

Regenbogen
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Whoah this thing seriously just ended? :eek: I went on to check who won and thought maybe there was something wrong with the scoreboard, since it was match point :lol:

Shabazza
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Nadal has a very tough road before him - I doubt he'll get to face his nemesis if he plays like today.

Ernham
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Anyway. That was an incredible match. I don't know who this Kohl guy is but he was playing like a top 5 player-- easily top five. The UEs on his forehand on points he had essentially won already are what cost him the match, probably a result of not being used to playing a guy with so much topsin on his shots.

JustmeUK
01-18-2007, 01:39 PM
basically Rafa got broken 3 times in a row in the third to lose it. Kohli got broken 3 times in a row too at that point. 6 breaks of serve in a row.

the thing is Philip was playing some scintillating tennis. Rafa was playing his usual game of stand behind the baseline and retrieve though he was noticeably more aggressive than he's been in the last few months. where Philip fell down was his inability to really generate pace in the middle of rallies whilst waiting for an opening. This coupled with Rafa's more aggressive approach (of trying to hit within 2 feet of the lines) really meant that in routine rallies, Philip got pushed harder from side to side. the other thing that cost Philip was going 1/9 in BPs converted in the first two sets.

At the end of the day a good win by Rafa but really one he could have expected to win in 3 except for the brilliant play of Philip. The million dollar question is against an opponent like James (Blake) what will happen. Will Blake be able to bring extra pace in the rallies? For sure. The question is whether Rafa under those circumstances can continue to hit shots within a few feet of the line putting equal pressure back on James. Time will tell. Both men should make that match up (though Wawrinka might have something to say about that and if he's watched the game tonite he'll take heart as he's got more power on tap than Kohli).

JMG

Why should he? Kohlschreiber can play tennis, Wawrinka can't.

Byrd
That was unconvincing from Nadal, he relied on Kohlscreiber being a headcase and choking, than on his own skills. Don't see him testing berdych or blake on that performance.

Wawrinka should give Nadal a hard match, as he has good, powerful groundstrokes, and the topspin forehand won't trouble his backhand.

Fumus
Nadal not playing well at all...he should be smoking this lower ranked guys...but maybe he wants more of a warm up before he plays Hewitt, Blake, or Berdych.

Andre♥
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Kohlschreiber stands for tennis just like those guys who say they have a lot of women and they are great in bed, but afterall in the most important moment, they just fail...

JustJames
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Philipp :sad:

Hopefully he now realises he is capable of Top 50 easily.. :)

bokehlicious
01-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Finally spoted the light mate :worship: :wavey: :angel:

Deivid23
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
2 out, 5 to go

its.like.that
01-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Vamos Rafa

:D

Deivid23
01-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Have watched the match in patches, but 4 set complete and it was an excellent set of tennis from both players, Nadal has also declared he feels perfectly fit after the match so all in all those are very good news. You will have to play an excellent match to take out Nadal in this tourney. Well done, kid :yeah:

cmurray
01-18-2007, 01:53 PM
They haven't shown it here in the states yet. I'm just glad he won. He's not going to be perfect in every match, but as long as he wins, I'm still happy.

As for Wawrinka....I think he'll beat Stan, but I'm chewing my nails on Berdych and Blake. Who knows, though. He might surprise all.

Goonergal
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice match :)

MilMilCho
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Nadal's lower (than usual) first serve percetage in 2nd was why he lost that set, I think since he has been improving his serve, his first serve percetage dropped, but its a normal outcome.
Wawrinka might have a game to challenge him a little bit, but I still think Nadal will win.

jenanun
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
vamos rafa.... :banana:

scoobs
01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
3 sets of pretty nervy crap from Rafa, partially redeemed by a much better fourth set.

He needs to get his consistency back. Kohlschreiber just lacked the consistency to really punish Nadal's shortcomings early on - other playes, as we have seen, are able to.

Let's hope he starts R3 in the same vein he ended R2 - hitting harder, more controlled aggression, more purpose about his shots and less midcourt nothing balls.

Oh - and the serve - a bit inconsistent - and not a great deal of variety.

Burrow
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
My perfection sees all before the event itself

your a bit of a loser arent you lmao

sawan66278
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch any of the match, but it appears from the reports that it was a well-played match. In my opinion, this is an excellent win for Rafa BECAUSE of the style and length of the match. Rafa needs court time and baseline matches like these to find the groove on his groundies.

So far, the first match tested his nerves in the first set tiebreak, and he "stole it"...much like he did in so many tight matches in the past.

The second match, though long and grinding, should allow Nadal to feel good about his groundstrokes...Unlike, say Roger or Blake, Rafa needs to play quite a bit to become familiar with the court and to get into a groove. A match like this helps...

sawan66278
01-18-2007, 02:11 PM
One other thing: we keep talking about match-up problems for Rafa from Blake and Berdych...but looking at the draw, there are QUITE A FEW players who could take out either Blake or Berdych...Berdych has a real chance to lose to Dmitri and James...look out for Lleyton...;)

Deivid23
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
The second match, though long and grinding, should allow Nadal to feel good about his groundstrokes...Unlike, say Roger or Blake, Rafa needs to play quite a bit to become familiar with the court and to get into a groove. A match like this helps...

Nadal himself declared sth very similar to this to National TV after the match

crazillo
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
A very nice match. Kohlschreiber had too many errors on his FH though. :( That cost him the match IMO.

Samuel
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I really enjoyed watching that match. Altough the german commentator was really annoying at some times, putting Kohlschreiber's achievments in a very bright light. :rolleyes:
But what can you do if you don't get any other channel that shows it.

Anyway as for the match, both players played some good tennis and I am happy for Kohlschreiber that he won that 3rd set, considering how he played.
Nadal on the other hand played pretty standart on his level, it'll be interesting to see him against Stan, altough he'll most probably win.

JustmeUK
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM
One other thing: we keep talking about match-up problems for Rafa from Blake and Berdych...but looking at the draw, there are QUITE A FEW players who could take out either Blake or Berdych...Berdych has a real chance to lose to Dmitri and James...look out for Lleyton...;)

nd Tursunov has probably for even more power than TB to blow Rafa off the court with. as for James, he's playing very well. beautifully controlled aggression. I don't really see Lleyton being a threat.

mallorn
01-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I couldn't believe they were still playing when I got back home. :lol: Only saw the last set and both played really well. Rafa was hitting the ball deep and he was very aggressive (especially for his standards). :yeah: Kohlschreiber's great return was a good test for Rafa's new serve. I'm not too worried it was close, I think Rafa needs these tight matches, as long as he wins them.

Adam, you're making me nervous. :( No seers in your family, hopefully? ;)

Tennisgirl1960
01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Vamos Rafa....what a great match, Kohlschreiber is a pretty impressive player, but I'm soooooo glad Rafa came through:worship:

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I am Rafa fan, but he played crap in first 3 sets, but last set was awesome, he plays like this in next rounds me may see him in final

Rogiman
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Rafa is going to lose to Wawrinka :sad:Yeah baby! :cool:

The prophecy now looks more like a joke.

jazar
01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
reasonable win, but there will be much tougher tests to come

scoobs
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I am Rafa fan, but he played crap in first 3 sets, but last set was awesome, he plays like this in next rounds me may see him in final
Thank you - I thought it was just me that saw the Unforced Errors, the passive mid court groundstrokes, the vulnerable serving and the lack of commitment to taking the ball on until the fourth set.

Still - he got the win and hopefully this has played him into a bit more confident form for R3

Yappa
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
A very nice match. Kohlschreiber had too many errors on his FH though. :( That cost him the match IMO.

Yeah, many unnecessary UEs on his forehand, especially at crucial moments. But the angles he generated with both his forehand and his backhand were great. :)

Rafa was hitting the ball deep and he was very aggressive (especially for his standards). :yeah:

Really? I thought he was very passive.

Joyce_23
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Thank you - I thought it was just me that saw the Unforced Errors, the passive mid court groundstrokes, the vulnerable serving and the lack of commitment to taking the ball on until the fourth set.

I was not just you. I saw the whole match and this level of play in the first three sets was not good enough to make a real run for the title. He impressed me in the fourth though and he doesn't need to play his best tennis in a second round so I'm just gladded he pulled through. Vamos, Rafa!:D

mallorn
01-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Really? I thought he was very passive.
In the last set? :confused: I guess we have different definitions of 'aggressive'. :lol:

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Still - he got the win and hopefully this has played him into a bit more confident form for R3

Yeah exactly if someone better was on the other side of the net like Roger, James, Berdych, Andy Roddick Rafa would loose it in 3 short sets

I don't like how short his balls are , way to short and too many of them , maybe he can play like this on clay but it's not clay. He must move closer to the baseline and try to be more aggressive he is ultra gast and his strokes must be used to dicate play , I've seen some his matches that he played that way - making opponent run, but it is impossible standing this far
His serve was also off today , but he can improve this against Kendrick (yes I know he was much worse than Philip ) he served much better he hasn't faced a BP for whole match.
But Nadal can raise his level, the question is if he can do it in particular time

scoobs
01-18-2007, 02:45 PM
No he was passive for three sets, for the most part - in set 4 he really stepped up the pressure and the pace and aggression - finally.

Samuel
01-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I think he played a lot better in the fourth set, but you also have to take Kohlschreiber's play into consideration, wich was a lot more passive compared to the first three sets. Especially during the first few games of the set.

mallorn
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
No he was passive for three sets, for the most part - in set 4 he really stepped up the pressure and the pace and aggression - finally.
Right - I only saw the last set, and that's what I commented on. :)

FluffyYellowBall
01-18-2007, 02:51 PM
He should have lost the whole match. Consider yourself lucky. Kohl has pretty much outplayed him from set one.

tell me ur not serious:o

I only watched the first set too mallorn...A total reminiscent of the dubai final:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Yappa
01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Right - I only saw the last set, and that's what I commented on. :)

Ah right, I forgot about that.

I admit that I didn't watch much of the 4th set, but what I DID see didn't seem that different to me if you compare it with the first 3 sets.

Deivid23
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I admit that I didn't watch much of the 4th set, but what I DID see didn't seem that different to me if you compare it with the first 3 sets.

4 set was indeed an excellent standard of tennis

Merton
01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
A good win for Rafa, as Kohlschreiber was playing very well. He will be better in the next round. It is important for him to get into his groove early in the tournament.

By the way, I don't want to sound too punctual but "prediction" is a better word than "prophect", that is unless R=FK claims some kind of connection with the Delphi Oracle.

tangerine_dream
01-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Terrific recovery from Nadal :hatoff: He woke up just in time and finally started looking more comfortable out there in the last set. I hope he can maintain that now.

Kolschreiber trying a bit of gamesmanship? :scratch:

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Rafael Nadal was hit twice by stinging backhands at the net before advancing to the third round of the Australian Open on Thursday with a four-set victory over Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany.

During the second-seeded Nadal's 7-5, 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 win, one shot caught the Spaniard's finger, another sent him sprawling and seemed to briefly stun him.

Nadal said it appeared Kohlschreiber was trying to hit him the second time, and that the ball could have hurt his eye if it hadn't caught his racket by chance.

"He has the whole court" to work with, Nadal said.

Nadal demonstrated his tenacity, fending off loud chants from a rowdy group of German fans to win and set up a meeting with 31st-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland.

Nadal pumped both fists and looked toward the stadium roof after Kohlschreiber netted a service return at 1:31 a.m. on the second match point, with the stands largely empty.

"It was a very good test because I finished the match very good," he said. "I came back very well. It's important when you're not playing your best."

tennisgal_001
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
A win's a win, but that was almost good enough for R64. Rafa needs to BRING IT ON from now on. I can easily see him losing to Murray, Berdych, or Blake. Not Wawrinka though. Kohlschreiber needs to work on his forehand's consistency, it cost him what mattered the most, and then hopefully we'll see him in the top-30...

Leen.
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
best match of this year so far

R.Federer
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Good to win it, but surprised that someone like Kohlschreiber who has had no great warmups could take a set off of him.

MATTHIAS
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Phillip played great tennis today

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Late to the party this time, alas, there's something like Real Life...

I was very lucky and happy to have been able to witness the match in its entirety. :D
Highly entertaining and exciting, I must say! Kohlschreiber did an excellent job, very nice playing, and most definitely gave Rafa a much harder task than he had perhaps been expecting (that's what I think, anyway). I have to say the game's level wasn't high, but it was as I said, very entertaining. Excellent shots from both (GREAT net play!!!) exchanged with very embarrassing UE's (also, from both players) - Kohlschreiber gave the term 'moonballing' a new meaning I think, as he indeed sent a few balls... to the moon!

I enjoyed every minute of the match, and kudos to both players for that. :worship: Mr. Kohlschreiber has made himself at least one new fan today - me!

With regards to Rafa: he isn't yet in the final, I have to say. There's a lot he'll have to improve if he wants to get there. It was obvious he was truly being tested. Double faults (serve in general - weak), UE's, general sloppiness... and did he not stand behind the baseline way too far again?
I'm sure Rafa will work on this, and of course, this match was an excellent test for him - and if anything, this experience will most definitely make him ever so sharp for his next match. Vamos Rafa! :worship:

yana
01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
well done Rafa, again!

I'm so upset that I could't watch the match, I was at work. It would be nice to see Rafa for three hours and half. ;)

Il Primo Uomo
01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
How come Rafa lost a set against him...

gomarray
01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Alot of people seem to be writing off Wawrinka, but I think it could be a tight match. Rafa has yet to beat a top 50 opponent in 2007, so this match will be the first real indicator of form at the Open.

Bad Religion
01-18-2007, 06:15 PM

I donīt think so .

Rafa rarely loses against swiss players .

guga2120
01-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I donīt think so .

Rafa rarely loses against swiss players .

:D

sawan66278
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
What was the controversy surrounding Kohlschreiber trying to hit Rafa at the net? Didn't see it...could someone provide details?

JustJames
01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
What was the controversy surrounding Kohlschreiber trying to hit Rafa at the net? Didn't see it...could someone provide details?

There were two or three times when Philipp had mid-court balls, when rafa was at the net, and drilled them straight at rafa instead of passing him down either flank, there was also a volley that just missed rafa when they were both scrambling around the net. On all of those occasions Philipp didn't apologise or raise a hand towards rafa, so it was kind of obvious that it was part of his game plan.

It was good for the match overall...gave it a little edge ;)

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 07:11 PM
There were two or three times when Philipp had mid-court balls, when rafa was at the net, and drilled them straight at rafa instead of passing him down either flank, there was also a volley that just missed rafa when they were both scrambling around the net. On all of those occasions Philipp didn't apologise or raise a hand towards rafa, so it was kind of obvious that it was part of his game plan.

It was good for the match overall...gave it a little edge ;)

Uhm... have to add that in those particular situations, Kohlschreiber had no other choice than play the ball onto Rafa to make his point - either flank wasn't an option, as Rafa would in that case have been able to return the ball. Tennis is about making points, no? ;)
I don't think Rafa made a point of it either, though it would indeed have been a lot more gracious when Kohlschreiber had indeed appologized to Rafa for those shots.

Samuel
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
It was after a rally I think. Anyway Rafa was standing at the net and Kohli was near the middle line when he hit the ball, wich went directly towards Nadal and hit him, the latter could only just manage to get the ball back and fell, while Kohli reached the ball and hit a winner over Nadal's head. Rafa could see it from the ground and made a grimace. Before that he shouted something towards Kohlschreiber. I'm not sure what it was but certainly nothing friendly. :devil:

The commentator said he didn't think that Kohli had done it on purpose so it seemed to me. Obviously Nadal seems to have another opinion about that.
It was difficult to say whether Kohli would have had the chance to hit the ball differently in that blink of a second.

Anyway he apologized to Nadal, so I think that setteled it.

Edit: You're all saying he didn't apologize, but I have in mind that he made at least a gesture towards Nadal to apologize and that's also what the commentator said, so I wouldn't be too sure about it.

That's my opinion to that incident.

Leen.
01-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Uhm... have to add that in those particular situations, Kohlschreiber had no other choice than play the ball onto Rafa to make his point - either flank wasn't an option, as Rafa would in that case have been able to return the ball. Tennis is about making points, no? ;)
I don't think Rafa made a point of it either, though it would indeed have been a lot more gracious when Kohlschreiber had indeed appologized to Rafa for those shots.

Yes, Kohlschreiber didnīt have a choice. I donīt know about the other times when it happened but he apologized once at least!!

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Anyway he apologized to Nadal, so I think that setteled it.

Edit: You're all saying he didn't apologize, but I have in mind that he made at least a gesture towards Nadal to apologize and that's also what the commentator said, so I wouldn't be too sure about it.

That's my opinion to that incident.

Thank you for this correction. I didn't notice/hear it, but you could well be right. At least I hope so, as that would be the proper, courtacious way for Kohlschreiber to react.

As far for Rafa being 'unfriendly' - I think this was due more to him being a bit shocked at that very moment than that he was scolding at Kohlschreiber or something. A sort of 'heat of the moment'-outlet.

Nothing very serious in all.

CooCooCachoo
01-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Kohli played the game the way it should have been played and the way Nadal would have, knowing him, played it too. There was no need to apologize, as it was his only choice. And Nadal is not exactly known for his grace on court. Not in this match either.

Shabazza
01-18-2007, 07:39 PM

It is a "none-issue"! Neither Nadal nor Kohlschreiber made much out of it, as it wasn't anything. It was the best chance for Kohlschreiber to make the point (as Nadal was great at the net with reflex volleys). Nadal didn't get hit, anyway. He managed to get the racket on it (great reflexes indeed)!

JustJames
01-18-2007, 07:41 PM

I agree with you matey...Tennis is about winning points and sometimes against the best players in the world you must be ruthless to come out on top.

The commentators specifically said that Kohlschreiber failed to apologise to Nadal, but they could easily have missed it. And I agree that apologising is not always necessary if a player isn't hurt, Nadal would have undoubtedly done the same had he been in a similar position.

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
^^ I'm glad to read a lot of Common Sense here! :worship:
(was a bit afraid that yet another Non-issue would make this thread derail into... well, you know. ;) )

sawan66278
01-18-2007, 08:15 PM
The only reason I mentioned it was because the associated press made it an issue...and Rafa commented on it as well...

Clara Bow
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
The only reason I mentioned it was because the associated press made it an issue...and Rafa commented on it as well...

It sounds like he commented on it after asked- as you know the press like to stir some poo. :)

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM
It sounds like he commented on it after asked- as you know the press like to stir some poo. :)

Exactly. "Here come the Journalist Cavalry! If there AREN'T any issues, we'll be sure to CREATE them!" :boxing: :armed: :awww:

Hope not too many people will be taking the bate this time. Seems so! :yeah:

Samuel
01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Hope not too many people will be taking the bate this time. Seems so! :yeah:

Of course not it would have been a whole lot different if Federer had stood on the other side but never mind that. Besides I've got a storm to worry about right now, wich won't let me fall asleep. :(

Sunset of Age
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Of course not it would have been a whole lot different if Federer had stood on the other side but never mind that. Besides I've got a storm to worry about right now, wich won't let me fall asleep. :(

:D Oh yes, you're so right, here! Fed... he can't do anything right for so many, no? :devil:
(I'm rooting for him tonight!)

Storm at the place where you live as well? Ah, I gather you are a fellow Western-European, then...
It's complete shambles here in my country. Trees snapping like matchsticks, roof tiles dropping down on the streets, trains not running, people being blown off their feet (including me, this afternoon) - some nice weather expectation of 10-11 Beaufort tonight!

Hold on, hope all will be alright! :hug:

Magical Trevor
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
It was pretty lame for the first two sets, Kohlschreiber was playing way aggressive and it was really either him hitting or missing for a while, with some really crucial misses. Nadal was hitting way too short, much shorter than I ever remember and couldn't impose himself at all.

Got exciting though when Kohlschreiber tightened up his game a little and started crushing some awesome winnners. Forced Nadal to lift his game as well. And I think that's a good thing for Rafa. His length drastically improved by the fourth set.

oz_boz
01-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Nadal not so impressive, unnecessary loss of a set...and that in itself is impressive, to grind out the win even when you're not 100%. He will play better in the next match. I think he definitely has a chance in this AO, even against the likes of Blake and Berdman.

Funny that he had such problems with the junkballs from Kohlschreiber :lol:

Kohlschreiber aimed into his body on purpose I think, not very gentlemanly but completely within the rules and a very efficient way of winning the point. Understandable if Nadal was a bit pissed, nothing big.