SO CLOSE!! ( this is what Agassi said) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

SO CLOSE!! ( this is what Agassi said)

argiesf
03-19-2004, 04:43 PM
“I consider him to be one of the best players in the world. With him and Ferrero, they're probably the top two on clay. You have to work hard. You have to get through a lot of matches to get the opportunity to play the best in the world. When you do, I'm motivated to always sort of see where my game is, what I'm forcing somebody to do out there. And tonight was no exception. I gave him a lot of respect. I tried to make him play a great match to beat me.” (ANDRE AGASSI)

MisterQ
03-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Q.* You have called Agassi your hero.* Do you learn something from Agassi every time you play him?

GUILLERMO CORIA:* Yes, always.* When I play against him, when I see him play against other players, he's a very complete player; such a great player.
----------

I like the respect that these two have for each other, and the fact that it goes both ways.

Coria played well last night, it's just that on crucial points Agassi was steadier. I enjoyed the variety that the match brought out in them both.

jazz_girl
03-19-2004, 07:23 PM
They really played a great match yesterday!!!

argiesf
03-19-2004, 08:56 PM
YEs - they respect each other and played a great match! I agree with you.

Chloe le Bopper
03-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Coria's just buttering him up now so that he can run away with Gil later ;)

Kiara
03-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Coria's just buttering him up now so that he can run away with Gil later ;)

lmao.

He'll have to lay it on thick,even then Gil will never leave Andre but it cant hurt to try ;)

Guilles' grl
03-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah Guille was stellar. Andre was just too awesome. Guille still signed autographs after the match too! What a sweetheart.

J. Corwin
03-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Mutual respect is what it's all about.

Kiara
03-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Mutual respect is what it's all about.

it really does say alot about Andre, acknowledging and respecting someone 12 years younger than you...sheer class :worship:

tennischick
03-20-2004, 10:39 AM
love 'em both :hearts:

Domino
03-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Andre is a showman who puts on a good face when his mood is right. Does anyone remember how he reacted last year to his loss to Gonzalez in Washington? He totally blew Gonzalez off. He is in a good mood because he won, and is sucking up to the press as a good sport.

MisterQ
03-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I disagree, Domino. Andre can be pissy or moody sometimes (I don't apologize for or justify all his actions), but in general he IS a good sport these days and has perspective on what wins/losses mean.

And if he seems to have more respect for Coria's game than Gonzalez', frankly that seems appropriate, considering their current ranking, recent successes, and the way they play the game.