Blake destroys Kuznetsov 6-4,6-1,6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Blake destroys Kuznetsov 6-4,6-1,6-2

RonE
01-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Haven't seen the match but from the sound of things Blake's form continues to impress :yeah:

Keep it up James :bounce:

One step closer to the quarterfinal :devil:

MariaV
01-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Haven't seen the match but from the sound of things Blake's form continues to impress :yeah:

Keep it up James :bounce:

One step closer to the quarterfinal :devil:

I wish Rafa to rip him apart this time. :devil: :wavey:

KaxMisha
01-18-2007, 06:39 AM
I wish Rafa to rip him apart this time. :devil: :wavey:

So that Tursunov or Berdych can kill him in the semi afterwards? :devil: Okay, fine by me! ;)

CooCooCachoo
01-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Good tournament anyway, Alex :hug:

Ernham
01-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Can't impress much with his thus far cupcake draw.

betterthanhenman
01-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Blake's play was exceptional in every department. Contrast his energy, attitude, skill and power with the lame Murray-Verdasco that followed.

James was as impressive as anyone I have seen thus far in the tournament. The backhand continues to improve and he will be tough to beat.

MariaV
01-18-2007, 07:00 AM
So that Tursunov or Berdych can kill him in the semi afterwards? :devil: Okay, fine by me! ;)

Oh, Rafa'd have his revenge on Berdy too should he get that far. :devil:
And losing to a blogging genious who can also play absolutely awesome tennis wouldn't break my heart. ;) :wavey:

Rogiman
01-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Blake will slaughter poor little Piggy just like he did to his sugar daddy Carlos :devil:

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Blake is one of my favourites , but I think Hewitt may pull a upset , Hewitt has Gozno now but Gonzo is struggling in every match , and h-t-h between James and Lleyton even last year which was the best season foe James and Lleyton was in slump it was 1-1

But American Charge continue
in 3rd there are : Mardy Fish, Andy Roddick, Sam Querrey, James Blake and Robby Ginepri , and 4 of them have great chance to make it into second week.

adee-gee
01-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Did anyone see the first 3 games? Kuznetsov went 3-0 up (double break) playing some of the best tennis you'll ever see. It was absolutely ridiculous how well he was playing.

He kind of fell apart after that though :o

oz_boz
01-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Keep it up Blake. :yeah:

MrJ
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Well played James!! :)

miura
01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Good game, enjoyed watching it even at 4am in the morning when I haven't slept for 28 hours, in fact im still up as I write this. Amazing what a large coke and a packet of cheese tortillas can make you do :P.

Love the slamdunk-smash by Blake. Kuznetsov played good as well, especially in the start but faded after a while. I can't wait to see the quarters with players performing at this level! A bulletproof recepie for exciting 5-set matches for sure!

Loremaster
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Good game, enjoyed watching it even at 4am in the morning when I haven't slept for 28 hours, in fact im still up as I write this. Amazing what a large coke and a packet of cheese tortillas can make you do :P.

Love the slamdunk-smash by Blake. Kuznetsov played good as well, especially in the start but faded after a while. I can't wait to see the quarters with players performing at this level! A bulletproof recepie for exciting 5-set matches for sure!

Yeah but 5 setters and Blake don't go together

james_olympicman
01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
It was an entertaining match, even though after the beginning it fizzled out as a competition.Blake looks very, very good. I don't thjink, however, that he will be able to keep it up throughout the tournament and whether he can handle it mentally. His slam record is not great, especially outside of New York. Still never won a five setter. If he wants to get to the final then u feel this has to change.

MrJ
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
The way he is playing he might not need to go 5 sets.

Go James, get to the Final!!

cobalt60
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
He played great yesterday :yeah: Some crazy errors but not many. And some of his gets were incredible. One service return barely went over the net and Alex was surprised but got it back just in time for James to pull off an incredible winner.

MrJ
01-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Can't impress much with his thus far cupcake draw.

Of course Moya is a worthless journeyman. :rolleyes:

scoobs
01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Kuznetsov has a very big game on him - unfortunately it doesn't fit yet.

Never mind - he's really cute. I'll be looking out for him.

Viken01
01-18-2007, 12:34 PM
wow, well done blake

nhissan
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Good job dude

jazar
01-18-2007, 02:40 PM
goodm but expected win

StatBoy3
01-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Good job taking care of business, James.

goodwoman
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I watched sets two and three, and James was in great form! Amazing gets! :worship:
I only have one small concern: in between points, he seemed to be loosening up his right shoulder like it was bothering him a little. You couldn't tell while he was playing, so hopefully it's nothing. Did anyone else notice this?

Green_Eyes
01-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Great win for Blake, he is really getting better and better.

I have watched Kuznetsov for quite a few years now (future events etc, and his atp events) and I don't see him making a big impact on the game, at any time (unlike the thoughts of the eurosport commentators, who said we have another player to go with murray and djokovic). Quite funny to hear that, it is offensive to the two players to put Kuznetsov in the same league.